Anniversary email + hotmail

falconxs
falconxs Posts: 47 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
So I, along with many others as I've been reading on the forum, have not gotten any email from pwi for th anni code. Was talking to some of my friends in game who had received theirs and which emails they had, yahoo, gmail etc. One thing in particular I had noticed the majority of people with hotmail have not gotten their emails. One friend of mine mentioned that because they were bought out by Outlook that hotmail is no longer a valid email to have for your account and that I should have changed it, because that is what she had to do since she wasn't receiving even the monthly newsletters and such. Up to this point I had been receiving those newletters though. But still no anniversary email with a code yet.

So what I am wondering is: is hotmail still a viable email account to be using for our accounts?
Post edited by falconxs on

Comments

• LadyFianait - Dreamweaver
    LadyFianait - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I use MSN email which was also a part of Hotmail and now a part of Outlook due to the buy out and I haven't received an email yet either. My alt account, which uses Yahoo had the email waiting on Friday.
    I'm not sure if the Msn -> Hotmail -> Outlook has anything to do with delay because I still use it for many things and had actually received a recent email from PWI not too long ago.
    We Are Recruiting: On The Dreamweaver Server: Fly Away Home To Zion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contact Us Through PM: On Forum Or In Game: We Want To Hear From You
    Apply To Zion On Our New Forums: www(dot)zion(dot)shivtr(dot)com
  • Iiyrana - Dreamweaver
    Iiyrana - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a few friends who uses Yahoo and have not received their emails for the anni gifts either so idk, i think it maybe more of a issue on the Gm's side because my Nephew who has a 3 month old account got a anniv gift with a msn email. >.>
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My hubby uses hotmail for his account and I use hotmail for one account and yahoo for another, we received all of our codes. On my hotmail account the code mail did end up in the spam folder (even though I have previously marked PWI mail as not being spam). So it could be that people who have more strict spam settings are not getting the mail for that reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Iiyrana - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    My hubby uses hotmail for his account and I use hotmail for one account and yahoo for another, we received all of our codes. On my hotmail account the code mail did end up in the spam folder (even though I have previously marked PWI mail as not being spam). So it could be that people who have more strict spam settings are not getting the mail for that reason.

I have gotten emails in the past from pwi including tickets for bank pass resets and never had a issues with it blocking and i have never changed anything but its something i wanna look into now. thanks for the suggestion.
  • Iiyrana - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    oki so i went into my emails setting and you were right. for some reason PWI Emails and PWI CS emails are blocked. i have no idea how that happened. >.> lame. not sure what i should do at this point. i sent out a ticket so maybe they havent replied yet.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Everybody knows hotmail sucks, 90s much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I got the email on my Archer which has hotmail. Anyhow I got the fash instead of the mount which is much cooler anyway ccuz I dont need a 2nd mount.
    My 3 other accounts on hotmail & yahoo didnt.
    I realised my sin hotmail account didnt got any email from pwe since 2010.
    My yahoo account never got any mail from pwe.
    According to a account info here all my used emails are still the right ones.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think there are far too many second and third party factors in this reward system
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I got it on hotmail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm still waiting & i have both Yahoo AND hotmail ( one for me, one for my partner )

Perhaps it got lost in the 'post'
  • LordPhantom - Dreamweaver
    LordPhantom - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i use hotmail i got the anni gift on friday but my bro he uses gmail and he has not got his yet
    and my girl friend has not got hers yet and she uses gmail to they sould of did anni gifts the same way they did all the years be for and the problem would of not happen
  • falconxs
    edited September 2013
    Well this gives me some hope then that it isn't a hotmail changing to outlook related issue as a friend of mine may have thought. As some of ya'll have been saying some people with hotmail have gotten yours on time, and I have asked around in game too, they say the same thing. There seems to be no correlation between which email provider you use and when you get the code, that I see, as of yet. So I will just send in my tickets and wait I suppose.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i use hotmail too and it works perfect for me o.o
    i even got the email from pwi
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I registered this account with hotmail 5 years ago, and still received my gift. Maybe the difference is that my hotmail account has always been active, and when it was time to convert to outlook, I did the conversation (although I still log as "mymail"@hotmail.com
  • exileddespair
    exileddespair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I still havent gotten my email yet for my stuff. and i just did my redeem code for the pet box yesterday.
  • falconxs
    edited September 2013
    I registered this account with hotmail 5 years ago, and still received my gift. Maybe the difference is that my hotmail account has always been active, and when it was time to convert to outlook, I did the conversation (although I still log as "mymail"@hotmail.com

Mine as well is still "myemail"@hotmail.com, so that gives me hope that maybe I still might get mine.
  • Miqqo - Harshlands
    Miqqo - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I use hotmail on different account and never got the mail. My primary account on gmail got the message no problems. PWE mails have not been blocked and the box is ticked to receive mail from PWE.
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well i decided to send a ticket in ( just like most people who haven't received emails ) & let's see what the outcome is b:laugh
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My main and my alt are both on a private mail server. My main got the email, my alt didn't yet. Chances are they're just taking their sweet time sending them all out.
  • FistBabe - Sanctuary
    FistBabe - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Chances are they're just taking their sweet time sending them all out.

Guess that's it.. cause I didn't recieved my anny code yet, however I did recieve an email telling me smth about me reaching level 59 on my barb.
    So it's not the fact the mails aren't coming in at all.
  • kalpeshk3
    kalpeshk3 Posts: 22 Arc User
    is not issue abt yahoo hotmail gmail btw this is pwi problem my alt use hotmail alt got code but my main is Yahoo there i did not receive any code while i got promotional mails from pwi but why not getting code mail there?
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    This problem is not singular to any individual email. This is either a problem on THEIR end or they lost many players emails as one player suggested. Either way we will never really know as PWE loves to not tell us anything.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    onion-21.gifonion-14.gifonion-60.gifonion-36.gif

Necro thread reanimated onion-68.gif​​
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Damn it, crappy forum not showing post date more clearly!
    I didn't see the dates and I was all confused as to why I hadn't received my anni e-mail, considering next week should be the time they start coming in.
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • cornflakes2014
    cornflakes2014 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Ok nvm, I got tricked by a necromancer.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Necro alert. necro alert. panic panic panic.
    We gonna burn in a fire of a thousands sun.
    AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    giphy.gif

• razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Oh jeez this one is OLD mouse-16.gif​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • konataizumichan
    konataizumichan Posts: 94 Arc User
    Only 2 years, not that bad. I could find a really ancient one if you like!

also inb4 mods