worth comming back?

Razikeal - Raging Tide
Razikeal - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
ive been away for quite a while? what have i missed? (left sometime after the earthguard came out) and is it worth comming back? ik these are very generic questions..but this game has been on my mind off and on for the past week. I'm on the raging tide with a lvl 30 psychic and a lvl 50ish seeker both with cash shop items (fash etc) but its tiring playing and leveling alone so thats one of the reasons i quit. Is anything different? how are the other servers for newish players? and if there are better servers that have low level players or more players in general that are into question etc will i be able to move cs items to a diff character on a diff server?
yeah ik its a wall of text....but well...i wanna get back into it..but idk
Post edited by Razikeal - Raging Tide on

Comments

• unnimeni
    unnimeni Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ive been away for quite a while? what have i missed? (left sometime after the earthguard came out) and is it worth comming back? ik these are very generic questions..but this game has been on my mind off and on for the past week. I'm on the raging tide with a lvl 30 psychic and a lvl 50ish seeker both with cash shop items (fash etc) but its tiring playing and leveling alone so thats one of the reasons i quit. Is anything different? how are the other servers for newish players? and if there are better servers that have low level players or more players in general that are into question etc will i be able to move cs items to a diff character on a diff server?

Yea! it's worth coming back! The new thing is more and more CashShoppers but i don't care about them....This game becomes more wonderfull when you discover it by yourself! Cheers!
  • Razikeal - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    alright...that didnt necessarily answer all my questions but i definately appreciate your opinion.
    Maybe if im more direct. Hows the population of Raging Tide? is there a decent amount of guilds or players in and around the mid range levels like say 50+? How do the other servers compare to RT?

What has the last major updates given us thats worth noting? uhhh..what else can i ask....is there any form of account bank? if i wanted to start over in a diff server? i dont know if this made it easier for some of you to answer
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No way to move equipment or a character to another server, plus they're all pretty much the same... not many people in the lowby areas, the only crowded spots are in Archosaur and Snowy Village.

On the other hand, it's much easier to level up to 60 or even 80 than it used to be thanks to quest reward revamp, plus new high reward quests. DQ below DQ81 have had their value reduced to 1 coin, but Jolly Old Jones has daily quests (7 per day) that pay out nicely in compensation. 80 to 100 is still a grind though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Razikeal - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    No way to move equipment or a character to another server, plus they're all pretty much the same... not many people in the lowby areas, the only crowded spots are in Archosaur and Snowy Village.

On the other hand, it's much easier to level up to 60 or even 80 than it used to be thanks to quest reward revamp, plus new high reward quests. DQ below DQ81 have had their value reduced to 1 coin, but Jolly Old Jones has daily quests (7 per day) that pay out nicely in compensation. 80 to 100 is still a grind though.

Didnt expect an account bank, sad i cant move things like wings, mounts etc over if i wanted to start fresh.
    Right now im currently in my 50s for what i can remember, wouldnt expect archosaur to be anything but crowded lol :P. I posted a thread in the guild recruitment section tho idk how it will turn out.
    Hope more of you will come by and give me your opinions on if i should come back or stay away and maybe answer some of my questions or if your raging tide and around 50 maybe we could level together? who knows....but if i do come back...im comming back to make some good friends
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2013

The game is not worth coming back too. anyone who tells you otherwise is blind to the truth. PW fails repeatedly b:surrender
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you enjoyed the game, its probably worth coming back to. Something clicked and made you make the post.

Log in and see if you still have any friends on RT, is my best suggestion. There are still factions, and right now, it seems like low and mid level factions out-number TW factions.

I am a "lol nonfactor" though, so I would suggest logging in and see if its something you either want to do again, or want to try to help to improve by being on RT. b:pleased
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nope not worth coming back, this game is broken.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is it worth coming back...I would say test it out however the biggest changes are....FC. This is how the majority of players level now. It's just a blind race to the top. Most don't quest. Starter towns are ghost towns, quests are often ignored, and group quests for lower levels, such as BH are difficult to get finished, even more difficult to find a proper squad at the correct level, and are often run by a high level letting all the lower levels follow around like a lost puppy doing nothing.

Gold is through the roof, any items such as tokens are laughably over priced, and most things sold in the AH no one wants unless its meant for higher level gear (90+) and even then its a stretch.

The population of the game on RT is in the bottom of the bucket except during event times, there is a bot epidemic that PWI does nothing about stopping. Spending money is risky since more people quit playing every week compared to new or returning players coming back. The major cash shoppers and bot farmers have cornered the market on just about everything leaving those that F2P or spend some money, without a means to compete, and have priced most out of the game.

Is it a fun game? Yes it can be, but the level of fun is dropping faster than a lead balloon. Nation Wars is a joke, unless you don't mind being run over by the major cash shoppers who have the best of everything, reap the most rewards in everything. Many I know gave up on even NW because the level of reward is paltry compared to the elite squads.

Personally, I would find a different game to invest your time in. Those that say its great are following a path while wearing blinders. They just don't accept the major problems as being there. It's like they cannot see the forest through the trees.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you liked this game, then come back! No more grindfests, leveling is squadwork from 80-100. You learn more by running FC than you would by killing X amount of mobs and then return to NPC Y for a paltry exp reward. Buying heads is different ofc.

There is NW, server-wide mass pvp with excellent cash returns. Expect to get oneshot until you have G16 tier armor. Then expect to farm pve sins all day erryday.

PVP has shifted away from TT99/Nirvy/R8 aps to NVT3/R9rr, far more defensive, expect to run into 22K HP 22K pdef 130 atk level wizards.

ATK/DEF levels

2X ATK level shards

G13+12 APS armor +3 sins are now R9rr + 12 weapon aps armor + 4

Seekers can now zerk on metal skills

Morai expansion with Morai/AEU skills

Revamped FB99s

Caster R9rr has Purify Spell (% chance to activate upon hit, purifies all debuffs, 300% speed boost, immune to movement debuff for 6 seconds)

OP geared people soloing Pheonix Valley created a generation of level 105 people that know what they are doing, as opposed to the goon babies.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you liked this game, then come back! No more grindfests, leveling is squadwork from 80-100. You learn more by running FC than you would by killing X amount of mobs and then return to NPC Y for a paltry exp reward. Buying heads is different ofc.

There is NW, server-wide mass pvp with excellent cash returns. Expect to get oneshot until you have G16 tier armor. Then expect to farm pve sins all day erryday.

PVP has shifted away from TT99/Nirvy/R8 aps to NVT3/R9rr, far more defensive, expect to run into 22K HP 22K pdef 130 atk level wizards.

ATK/DEF levels

2X ATK level shards

Morai expansion with Morai/AEU skills

Revamped FB99s

Caster R9rr has Purify Spell (% chance to activate upon hit, purifies all debuffs, 300% speed boost, immune to movement debuff for 6 seconds)

OP geared people soloing Pheonix Valley created a generation of level 105 people that know what they are doing, as opposed to the goon babies.

So, as I said, PWI has become nothing more than a race to the end. Not worth it to come back in my opinion.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Unless you can afford to charge sick amounts of money or farm till your eyes bleed, nope!
  • qupidyn
    qupidyn Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2013

It's depend on you. If you can spend some $ in game, then is a good time to turn back. As a free player now and as a arcane user, you have less option. 1. Doing Jolly daily quests for money. 2. Get money for r8 and get good gear. 3. Join NW to get free items for your r8 or sell it for some money. 3. If you have friends/guild it's always a good time to turn back. At last, PWI is still "Alive", we get lot of events, updates etc. It's wroth to came back?. Yes it is.
  • deathbytuna
    deathbytuna Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2013

ATK/DEF levels

2X ATK level shards
    for the rich cash shoppers

Still one shots and basicly kill themselves

For the rich cash shopper breed again

Morai expansion with Morai/AEU skillsCool skills,just having to tele to morai al lthe time on a daily basis gets boring

Revamped FB99sYou will QQ a lot and then prob cash shop more

for the cash shopper
    Glitch opening on that as well
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Well if the reason you quit because of playing and leveling alone. Your going to quit again.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ...There's also Jolly Old Jones for easy Coin till 80 and the Harbinger of Justice who gives you free HP/MP charms daily till lv 60.

I'm surprised that those things weren't mentioned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Glitch opening on that as well

Hellfire hits me for 358 damage with BB and crystals so gtfo about FB99s being for CS

and as for the R9rr+12 +4 armor, I was being sarcastic. I killed one of those 4 times in a row in NW until he managed to hit me first. Then I respawned and caught him ganking some nabs
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • kearen
    kearen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ive just poped in to see what the game is like now from what im reading its all prettymuch the same
  • FlyingPants - Sanctuary
    FlyingPants - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I came back 2 months ago (after nearly a 4 year break), did not cash shop, and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience on Sanctuary. b:victory

The game seemed empty on my first few days as a sin, the low level areas were lonely. As I got higher and higher up in levels, I began to see more poeple, get more squads, had more fun :)

Focus on getting 1 character to level 100 (and maybe an alt or two to 71-80 for jolly jones) at first :)
  • Razikeal - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    from some of your answers seems like theres still this fc heads grab for level climbing and gear grab for pvp. I'm not terribly worried about the gear right now, i just want to play and have fun. On top of that, looking at my post in the guild banter forums, im still unsure. When i left about 90% of my friends i had were always offline and ive never found a guild/faction that i could truely call my home just yet. If any of you would like to add me or even recommend a decent faction just post here or post the fac name in my post on the guild thread
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Buying heads is different ofc.

tbh, I find that maximising your head killing capabilities is far more challenging than grinding XD
    you only purge once #yopo