about the 5th Anniversary gift

magicmajesties
magicmajesties Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Sorry, i could not find a thread on the 5th Anniversary gift. thanks for the free gifts, but its not nice to give someone something and take it back!!! so, why cant we keep our gifts? i see what is going on, you let us sample them so we will want to buy them. but, that is not a gift! that is letting me borrow something. your news blog says that PWI will GIVE me those items... not borrow. anyway, not mad over it, just saying you need to change the FB advertising on the subject to word something different than what it is because PWI is not GIVING us a free mount.
Post edited by magicmajesties on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Simply create your own thread next time or search for a similar one.

That said, the item the current code gives is not the annual anniversary items. It's merely a bonus all players can obtain regardless of how long they've been here. The actual anniversary items will arrive via e-mail at the end of the week.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The free items should be seen more as a small token of gratitude toward the players. A lot of the events ect that usually happen that are non existent is probably related to the issue's pwe is facing atm. Unfortunately it trickles down to us.

Seeing the fact that PWE is owned by PW-CN they pretty much have to do what CN says. They are not independent to the point that they can make changes or additions without approval first you would find with a legal private server. That is the main reason you get odd work a rounds to issues that can be fixed by just changing an items behavoir (pq3 example). I think CN still sells the license, it would be nice to get one if they are not to expensive.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Henawen - Lost City
    Henawen - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    what if we cant remember the email we used for an account because its so oldb:surrender... what a brilliant idea...
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    what if we cant remember the email we used for an account because its so oldb:surrender... what a brilliant idea...

Send a ticket or email them to change it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    will the gift you get be based on the age of your account or the age of your toon?
    because my account is like a years old or so, but my main have a bit less.

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sorry, i could not find a thread on the 5th Anniversary gift. thanks for the free gifts, but its not nice to give someone something and take it back!!! so, why cant we keep our gifts? i see what is going on, you let us sample them so we will want to buy them. but, that is not a gift! that is letting me borrow something. your news blog says that PWI will GIVE me those items... not borrow. anyway, not mad over it, just saying you need to change the FB advertising on the subject to word something different than what it is because PWI is not GIVING us a free mount.

I'm totally confused as to what you are talking about. We don't receive the emailed anniversary gifts until the end of the week, as far as I know... did you get yours early by some accident and get them taken away?

And I'm pretty sure the facebook stuff is all about Dreamchaser packs, which have nothing to do with the anniversary. I'm starting to think it was a huge mistake for them to release new DC codes near the anniversary and people don't seem to understand that they are two different things.
    rieihdius wrote: »
    will the gift you get be based on the age of your account or the age of your toon?
    because my account is like a years old or so, but my main have a bit less.

The age of your account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Im thinking its 3 different things.

You cant get DC pack currently with a code you find on FB - its not there at a cursory glance like in the past. They want you to 'like and share' a certain thingy on FB to get the DC pack. How that ends up working out to actually get the pack to your account, idk. *shrugs*

The code in the 5th Anni announcement is for the pet, temp fash, and in 10 days a temp flyer.

All the other stuff (mount) you get in the e-mail.

The change is making some folks anxious, but its a great way to get everyone to update their account's e-mail info, especially since some are claiming theirs hasnt existed for years.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Im thinking its 3 different things.

You cant get DC pack currently with a code you find on FB - its not there at a cursory glance like in the past. They want you to 'like and share' a certain thingy on FB to get the DC pack. How that ends up working out to actually get the pack to your account, idk. *shrugs*

As I said ...
    From PWI - Dreamchaser Starter Kit!

Head over to our Facebook page and hunt down one of our redemption codes.

Once you've got it, enter the code through this link. Choose your character and server carefully, because each code is only good for one character!

I got above gifts for my characters already.

And it is much better for me, than anniversary gifts.

All mounts (gifts) and pets (gifts) I had npced, since they are useless for me (I have 1 mount already).
    edited September 2013
    As I said ...

And it is much better for me, than anniversary gifts.

All mounts (gifts) and pets (gifts) I had npced, since they are useless for me (I have 1 mount already).

Okies, but hunting down the code was supposed to be a one time thing per account - you simply went to the page, got the code, and followed a link.

This with the 'like and share' seems like its more than a one time thing. I already got the one from the code on the FB page months ago. There is no code on the page now for me. I have to 'like and share' the DC pack info on the FB page to get more DC packs.

I dont personally need it anymore, so Im not sure how the 'like and share' thing is working. I have 1 account with a main and 4 alts, 1 of which has the DC stuff, the other 2 have low-level rank gear, and my level 11 cleric bank toon has leftover fashion. b:chuckle

Grats on getting it. b:victory
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Send a ticket or email them to change it.

A friend of mine got his e-mail blocked or something and he sent a ticket to PW to try change it but the problem is that he doesn't remember all that **** needed to change it, like security question :s
    I think it was much better when we could go to the website, go to the redeem page and just click on the redeem button! f:worry
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
    edited September 2013
    A friend of mine got his e-mail blocked or something and he sent a ticket to PW to try change it but the problem is that he doesn't remember all that **** needed to change it, like security question :s
    I think it was much better when we could go to the website, go to the redeem page and just click on the redeem button! f:worry

Security questions are not info that should be hard for your 'friend' to remember - but no worries. He/she can start a new account, with new answers, and still get his/her Anni stuff in the e-mail, if he/she hurries - I think. From what you are saying, it doesnt sound like your 'friend' needs anything on that account anyways. Might as well start fresh. b:pleased

Oh wait - they cant - havent played long enough. My bad. :(
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2013

You can't remember what email you attached to the account? If you log in, go to "My Account" and "Change email" you can see the account address.

If you just mean you can't remember how to access that mail account, then in order to change to a different email account, you'll have to send in a ticket and answer a bunch of questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SurmStalker - Sanctuary
    SurmStalker - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    can i give the gift to eny of my acc char or only the 1st one i had ? i made a sin year back or sow sow if i give a gift to him to i get the 1st year back or the 5 year 1 ????????
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *Sigh* the gifts you will get based on how long your account has been registered, not how long you have had your game toon........
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    one char per account, but i think someone in my faction said it was sent to every char, but idk he might be trolling
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • calailen
    calailen Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was wondering why i hadn't received an email yet, i've been playing PW for many years now. But now i know that it's at the "end of the week" and that's today unless i'm mistaken?
  • Praidis - Sanctuary
    Praidis - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wath happend i create my account like are no 4 or 5 years ...

and nothing apears in y mail wath can i do to get my mount??b:angry
  • calailen
    calailen Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wath happend i create my account like are no 4 or 5 years ...

and nothing apears in y mail wath can i do to get my mount??b:angry

If they don't email me i'll be kinda pissed. I've been playing since, well i can't remember but it was years ago lol. My girlfriend has been playing for about 3 years now as well since i introduced her to it so she's kinda looking forward to it as well xD
  • Dandiuel - Heavens Tear
    Dandiuel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've been waiting as well for the gifts, not sure if something has happened or not I know they said end of the week well it's Sunday...end of the week. b:sad
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Emails were all sent Friday. if you have not received it by now, then you will need to send a ticket. Check the first sticky on the board for info
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Also suggesting you to check your SPAM folder. Lot of people got mail in SPAM including me.
  • nerios
    nerios Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What should you do if you hotmail microsoft has deleted the email, and pwi can no longer send the anniversary. I redid the very same email but I do not get anything more that are 5 years game on pw. sorry for my eng sucksb:angry
  • falconxs
    falconxs Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nerios wrote: »
    What should you do if you hotmail microsoft has deleted the email, and pwi can no longer send the anniversary. I redid the very same email but I do not get anything more that are 5 years game on pw. sorry for my eng sucksb:angry

They made that announcement before the anniversary.. if you needed to update your email to a working address you should have done so by now. My guess would be to just send in a ticket explaining the situation and your new email.
  • synchroze
    synchroze Posts: 0
    edited September 2013
    Please see my response in the sticky at the top of the forums.
This discussion has been closed.