Veno and NW

Options
freakiie1
freakiie1 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Venomancer
Hey all. So just finished NW on my lvl 74 cleric, made 43 coins (lol)....

I know I get points for healing. What do veno get points for? Thinking of trying a veno and just curious how a non-legendary pet veno gains contrib in NW and if it would be less then what I'm currently getting on my cleric.
Post edited by freakiie1 on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Purge amp nova chi pot repeat on next r9rr

In about 15 seconds you will be kos.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Bramble everyone. Buffing apparently gives lots of contribution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Jasms - Lost City
    Jasms - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Just kite a barb.Cyclone/sleep and repeat.I done once only NW with my cleric.I didnt kill anyone,my gears are all morai 95lv and with that trick i got 37 tokens and if i remember well ,over 4k points.Debuffs work very well too.Fly around and just reduce mag/phys resistances and fly away.Repeat as many times you can.
    You will always have followers.Try have opponents...f:shy
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Pretty much just go around Purging and debuffing (Myriad, Ironwood, Amplify Damage, Chi Burn, Mo Zun Taunt if Demon, Crush Vigor) throw in a Lucky Scarab to stun and a Parasitic Nova. Don't forget to bramble those in your squad/nation.

Venomancers are usually on the KOS anyway so you'll have people going after you a lot which will hopefully mean decent contribution.

Just try it out for yourself and see how it goes.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Debuffs work very well too
    Pretty much just go around Purging and debuffing (Myriad, Ironwood, Amplify Damage, Chi Burn, Mo Zun Taunt if Demon, Crush Vigor)
    Are you sure you get points for debuffs? I didn't have chance to compare since on the battlefield where i need debuffs i get a lot of damage too, so its hard to say if you really get points for that. Some of my friends insisted that you don't. So i'm in doubts here.

freakiie1, But anyway whatever matters, do your best to win the battle. If debuffs required, go for it. Try to bring as many land to your nation as possible. This will benefit you more than DDing and getting kills only. Venos are most hated and if you lack points for dealing damage, receiving damage will compensate that :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Are you sure you get points for debuffs? I didn't have chance to compare since on the battlefield where i need debuffs i get a lot of damage too, so its hard to say if you really get points for that. Some of my friends insisted that you don't. So i'm in doubts here.

freakiie1, But anyway whatever matters, do your best to win the battle. If debuffs required, go for it. Try to bring as many land to your nation as possible. This will benefit you more than DDing and getting kills only. Venos are most hated and if you lack points for dealing damage, receiving damage will compensate that :D

I don't know about the debuffs and points but it's what you said on the last sentence f:meh
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Yes venos are on a KOS! lol. Like they said above. I'm usually the one they aim for before others b:chuckle
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Markhor - Dreamweaver
    Markhor - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Even at my low lvl (84, my avatar is incorrect), I still do fairly decent in NW. I love it, even tho I'm usually one-shotted constantly. Purging a Barb and then watching him die instantly when my squadmates descend upon him is so satisfying. >:D

But yes, I Bramble everyone, even ppl not in my squad, for the hell of it; purge/amp everything I can before I die, and can usually get off a Myriad or two as well. lol. Lesson learned? Don't bother going into NW charmed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I've pulled first in a battle without dealing any noteworthy damage purely through purge, myriads, and demon ironwood. Pulled ~1500 points doing that. Debuffs definitely do gain points.
  • Myerna - Raging Tide
    Myerna - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm 89, and I typically get around 7-9k contri average per NW. Though I cannot say what gives the most contri....I certainly tend to get more points in a battle the more I bramble people. Also, I purge repeatedly, use lucky and nova a lot, and amp when needed. It also seems as though I get more contri for using control skills.
    What Desdi said--as a veno you will be hunted like a stray fox. People just too scared of us to leave us alone. b:chuckle But I certainly get contri for tanking a lot of dmg that way...
    Furthermore, the normal ways of getting contri always work for me--flag running, crystal digging, and so forth. =)

Best of luck! =) b:victory
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Venos dun seem particulary KoS to me. People seem to attack the weakest first and then justove on (sometimes leading to kinda funny situations when a r9rr does Tab+1 and think youd br dead after 2-3 hits before moving on, not caring if youre dead or not) The way I fight is to use both debuffs/purge and damage to get score. Nova the unexpeting or a flag carriers before purging prevents em from using apo or domain to avoid your purge. Lucky scarab should buy you time to cast the nova as well.

To stop a barb, iif you got the morai puffbird skill, you can use that as well as frost scarab, lucky and nova. Itll keep em around for a while and your team get time to catch up to it.
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Chirokee - Archosaur
    Chirokee - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Nova the unexpeting or a flag carriers before purging prevents em from using apo or domain to avoid your purge.

Seal or Immobilize doesn't prevent the person from using Domain.

But yah, if you see groups of people, AoE them! >:D
    also, Crystal battles give the most points, so if you get the chance to solo such a battle (maybe somewhere in the corner), do it. You also gonna win a land for your Nation that way.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Veno and NW = roadkill

Us big mean r9rr's try to exterminate all venos before they can purge, transform us into cute furry animals, or lay eggs. b:laugh
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Venos dun seem particulary KoS to me. People seem to attack the weakest first
    Also some people (actually most) ignore flags and crystals and camp spawn spots while others pass them without any problems and take their lands b:chuckle For full buffed player veno and then r9 archer is always a priority.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    or lay eggs. b:laugh

..wait what? b:shocked
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Seal or Immobilize doesn't prevent the person from using Domain.

But yah, if you see groups of people, AoE them! >:D
    also, Crystal battles give the most points, so if you get the chance to solo such a battle (maybe somewhere in the corner), do it. You also gonna win a land for your Nation that way.

Thats why when I see a veno in foxy form skipping up next to me I hit faith on my genie, resist all of dat sheit and one shot it right in between its fluffeh ears b:cute
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Chirokee - Archosaur
    Chirokee - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Thats why when I see a veno in foxy form skipping up next to me I hit faith on my genie, resist all of dat sheit and one shot it right in between its fluffeh ears b:cute

Thats why a smart veno is waiting for the right moment to purge, avoiding to waste purges on faith or Domain and all of dat sheit b:cute
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Thats why a smart veno is waiting for the right moment to purge, avoiding to waste purges on faith or Domain and all of dat sheit b:cute

b:shocked
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Really? Have am I missing a lot of points? I never bramble my teamb:surrender
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ..wait what? b:shocked

Don't you know venos are secretly able to reproduce by spawning eggs?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I've gotten first place in some battles while doing little beyond brambling everyone in sight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Really? Have am I missing a lot of points? I never bramble my teamb:surrender
    Everything adds up :))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

I don't know about the points, but it's a life saver sometime against assassins and blademasters. xD