Should i roll a sin or just keep this blademaster?

2»

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I wasted about half a year with my bm too.

If I would have known when I started my BM what I knew when my sin reached 100 and equipped G13 daggs...oh boy...

Every instance I farmed went to half the time from stealth + damage bonuses. FC cleared just so u can reach big room door, TTs where I had to kill extra 15 -20 mobs because they were in the way, farming at that point SoT and Abba....everything.
    Making 100% more money from farm is a HUGE difference.

There's no extra survival on BM when it comes to solo farming. Sure AoE grind, pulls on WS , squad support and buffs BM is better. Making money? not even close.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    u are thinking in just short terms. perhaps one day he can, and he will regret the day he started to build his bm and not other class.

cough cough...i am on of that person. BM sucks!!

He already has a leveled and aps-ready BM. All he needs is to boost that BM a bit (oh look he actually uses LA arms/feet and HA orns. Props.) and it'll be farming-ready wayyyy before he can get a sin the same gear. Ofc a pimped out OP farmsin that looks like this is better...but he's better off using what he's got than starting anew.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    had to be someone to post a +12 build lol

OP: I started from your original BM build , aim for this first:
    http://pwcalc.com/e47ea4f378de543c
    you can roll g15 for -int if you feel lucky, but this is something I used, worked and made a lot of cash with.

it's a 35-40 minute FC clearing build.
    Farming TT up to 2-3 should not be a problem, ofc just the Antenna boss. You will need the cleric to help BB at first boss tho.
    Clearing warsong earth should be easy also, wood I'm not sure. anyway, this should move into better refines/gear as time passes but it's a start for efficient solo farming.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And I understand why you only consider Sin having 20% over your barb: you might not use the sin's full potential.

Its not my sin.

Its whenever i start FW with squad, i check the sins. I am 5APS +10. If the sins are less than 5APS +6 or 4APS+10, i will have agro.

Maybe you dont use your BM to its full potential ?

I do now believe a sin is the best farmer even though i never tried it though. Mostly because he can rebuf the most important buff you need and the one that does not come from spirt of offence / defence.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Don't listen to these n00bs, do NOT roll sin

gg
  • KurtCobian - Harshlands
    KurtCobian - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'll work on bm atm, seems ATM sin cost a bit more since i need to farm 72m for rep badges and about 8m or so in hypers. But the fc it self can be free. But i'd rather just not make a sin and use the 80m i would have spend on a sin to just get bm +5 refine on all his gear, and use the excess money for cleric
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    believe me, there is no excess money. You are not gonna build a TT farmer for less than half a billion. Not for farming any of the bosses that are worth farming that is.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I wasted about half a year with my bm too.

If I would have known when I started my BM what I knew when my sin reached 100 and equipped G13 daggs...oh boy...

Every instance I farmed went to half the time from stealth + damage bonuses. FC cleared just so u can reach big room door, TTs where I had to kill extra 15 -20 mobs because they were in the way, farming at that point SoT and Abba....everything.
    Making 100% more money from farm is a HUGE difference.

There's no extra survival on BM when it comes to solo farming. Sure AoE grind, pulls on WS , squad support and buffs BM is better. Making money? not even close.

I disagree, if people know how to play a bm, and use all skills, a bm can survive pretty well in solo grinding or in any setting. Just because we don't have stealth, doesn't mean we are slower. Just need to adapt playing style.

FCC on sin is always easier, quicker. But a similar geared bm will do a tt quicker. Lunar a bm is better choice. WS a bm is a better. NW a bm is a better choice.

At the end it comes down to refines+gear. If people don't want to invest, all classes will suck. If people do, all classes are good.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    NW a bm is a better choice. .

/inb4silvaf
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    /inb4silvaf

ignore anything this potato has to say, pay no attention, actualy just block him out
    edited September 2013
    ignore anything this potato has to say, pay no attention, actualy just block him out

no tuesday meeting? b:cry
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    /inb4silvaf

Rofl Haha, I missed that ty for pointing it out. xD

Although I do disagree with that little statement there, I think ill just leave it at that... 'I disagree with it."

I have my reasons for it, but meh I have no will power at the moment to explain why, obviously both have their strengths and weaknesses, and it is debatable which truly does better in mass pvp/nw. Still I am not going to go anymore in depth about it.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited September 2013
    Rofl Haha, I missed that ty for pointing it out. xD

interesting, I just noticed that your name is Slivaf and not Silvaf. my whole (pwi) life has been a lie.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    interesting, I just noticed that your name is Slivaf and not Silvaf. my whole (pwi) life has been a lie.

Rofl :D you definitely aren't the only one who has done that, as matter of fact I did it myself when I first made this character. :D

---

That aside I do believe the OP made up his mind, which is good, there is pros and cons with every class, and really as I have said before bms in pve can be quite badass when played correctly. (not sure if I have said this on the forums, but it is likely I have said something similar.) As for pvp... well just look at my most previous post in this very thread.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited September 2013
    well, something that just came in my mind, there is a pill for bell but not a pill for bp (yet). really saved my *** at GBF xd
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For OP, real quick, some points:

1. Find better rings. The rank ring does not refine and so offers no protection. Very good alternatives include Band from Heaven's Jail, which you should +3 or +4 since they refine for the same defense as Lunar rings (25mil each clean on my server)

2. Restat to lower Dex. With the Bands I mentioned you can have 180 base dex and still use your Windpours.

3. Find a better helm, as in, get a G15 helm and refine it decently, asap.

4. Refine ornaments

4. Obtain: Demon bell, Demon M. marrow in that order

Example cheap goal to aim for in the short term: http://pwcalc.com/6adf180edfeed95f

Ultimately you want to break out of the G13 bracket. You will need G16 claws. If you'd like to go G16 you can use your current G15 pants as fodder and farm a separate pair of Lunar G15 pants for APS (better stats). Suggested endgame build: http://pwcalc.com/3da1d057d0416c16
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive