Getting into full WS squads

2»

Comments

• Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Okay this is my current setup f:cool

http://pwcalc.com/2b83e3559149bb70

I got some more HP like 5.6k. Better dmg and slightly better stats because of the meridian thing.

question: why metal dmg shards in the bow? go for garnets. I'm sure even a flawless garnet set would boost your overall damage beyond having two metal shards, since they add to your weapon damage and subsequently to your skills.

suggestions:
    For +5 refines, I typically use a tienkang once I hit +4, which I can get within 200 mirages. For +6, I use a tisha after +5. If it fails back to +4, use a tienkang again to +5, then tisha again. It might bounce back and forth a bit, but on the whole will be cheaper than orbing it all the way.

get your weeklies done in SoT/Abba (two per week). In three weeks youll have 6 crushed emblems. You can use these to make Incomparable HP shards (as well as garnets) to boost your survivability and damage output. Do these on an alt on the same account if you have one in that level range, and you double the rate you earn your incomparables. You'll have to account stash the gears though to shard it it, since the shards arent stashable.

try getting your hands on a CoA ring (adds dex and vit) and higher base damage than the old misty forest ring, not to mention it adds 3% crit, which we all know archers really love.

those three things shouldn't be too hard to work on/afford, and they'll boost your character's potential nicely.

And this epic blue shiny 3* claws +4 with phys atk bonus.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/5489
    with the stats you listed on the build sheet, you can easily wear Deicides, and be 4.0 base (actually permasparked if sage) or a pair of Gorenox Vanity's and be 3.33 base (5.0 sparked as demon). GV's are about half the cost of deicides I believe, or maybe even less these days. If you're working on a budget, shoot for those.
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    question: why metal dmg shards in the bow? go for garnets. I'm sure even a flawless garnet set would boost your overall damage beyond having two metal shards, since they add to your weapon damage and subsequently to your skills.

suggestions:
    For +5 refines, I typically use a tienkang once I hit +4, which I can get within 200 mirages. For +6, I use a tisha after +5. If it fails back to +4, use a tienkang again to +5, then tisha again. It might bounce back and forth a bit, but on the whole will be cheaper than orbing it all the way.

get your weeklies done in SoT/Abba (two per week). In three weeks youll have 6 crushed emblems. You can use these to make Incomparable HP shards (as well as garnets) to boost your survivability and damage output. Do these on an alt on the same account if you have one in that level range, and you double the rate you earn your incomparables. You'll have to account stash the gears though to shard it it, since the shards arent stashable.

try getting your hands on a CoA ring (adds dex and vit) and higher base damage than the old misty forest ring, not to mention it adds 3% crit, which we all know archers really love.

those three things shouldn't be too hard to work on/afford, and they'll boost your character's potential nicely.

with the stats you listed on the build sheet, you can easily wear Deicides, and be 4.0 base (actually permasparked if sage) or a pair of Gorenox Vanity's and be 3.33 base (5.0 sparked as demon). GV's are about half the cost of deicides I believe, or maybe even less these days. If you're working on a budget, shoot for those.

Because Perfect garnets are on 3m here atm.

Any specific place to refine? I always make +4 without any aids and Im waiting for Tisha sale before I try +5 or +6

Yeah I already got introduced into weeklys and did sot already this week.

What is CoA ring? I got an attedance perfect ring in bank for 3% crit bonus but it seems that I really need the accu bonus of misty for pvp.

Yeah I designed my build so I can wear g16 claws. Cant affort Deicide or gorenox atm but I have Windpoor nirvana claws in bank LOL.
    I wanted to make g16 with these but if its true and I dont need any crafting skills to turn g15 into g16 I can get 150 raps and make my windpour into g15 right now :p
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Do these on an alt on the same account

if the gear is tradable you can use some other toon right? bit afraid that it will bind it XD
    Because Perfect garnets are on 3m here atm.

you don't need to buy flawless garnets. you current shards are slightly better than 1 average + 1 beautiful garnet: http://pwcalc.com/a0b486127c12e9ae
    also, they get out-dd'ed by 2 beautiful garnets. ofc, shard flawless.

Any specific place to refine? I always make +4 without any aids and Im waiting for Tisha sale before I try +5 or +6

I always refine at archo elder. not that it matters

Yeah I already got introduced into weeklys and did sot already this week.

What is CoA ring? I got an attedance perfect ring in bank for 3% crit bonus but it seems that I really need the accu bonus of misty for pvp.

Seal of Eternal Solitude. also knows as forever alone ringb:chuckle refines for mdef.

Yeah I designed my build so I can wear g16 claws. Cant affort Deicide or gorenox atm but I have Windpoor nirvana claws in bank LOL.
    I wanted to make g16 with these but if its true and I dont need any crafting skills to turn g15 into g16 I can get 150 raps and make my windpour into g15 right now :p

yes, once you have the g15 weapon (stage 2 nirvy) you can recast it into g16 without any blacksmith skill (same for armor)!
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    CoA = City of Abominations. The rings are called Seal of Eternal solitude.
    http://pwcalc.com/40d2bf079e49f81c
    is what your build would look like with the ring swapped out to CoA one (it refines for mdef, which youll want against robes - which is what your class is best at killing) as well as +6 refines and level 10 shards all around + level 10 buffs. You can always keep the misty around if you need it for accuracy against other archers or sins. Or spring later for the Sign of Frost: Chaos.

I do all my refining at east arch elder. I don't believe in any of duke's rumors about certain npcs being best for refines, honestly. They might be true, but I never really tried.

As for crafting stuff.. I havent noticed if there was a required blacksmith/tailor level or not. I have level 8 in both so I can make pretty much anything anyhow. I do know that some people buy crafting and re-rolls on our server (have sold a few myself) but this might just be because they can't get into squads to get the badges, but have bought the rest of the materials already.
  • OldArcher - Heavens Tear
    OldArcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You can do full WS as soon as you can solo a pavilion. In your case, metal would probably be your best bet. Try it out during a bh to get the hang of it, but r8 should probably be strong enough assuming you have half-decent refines.

As Fissile said, if people from WC don't want you make your own squad, preferably with friends/factionmates that don't mind if it takes a few minutes longer than usual.

LOL I did full WS with FF gold lvl 85 bow I defended fire or metal and r8 hits way harder without refines.

so r8 alone is good enough even w/o refines.

with g16 nirvy xbow now I defend any pav and its only +4 b:laugh
  • OldArcher - Heavens Tear
    OldArcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    yes, once you have the g15 weapon (stage 2 nirvy) you can recast it into g16 without any blacksmith skill (same for armor)!

wait what? you can?????? O.O

I never knew that, I should rerole my barbs weap I don't have blacksmith on it.
    and its on a different account then my blacksmith.
    b:victory

after all I have like 490 badges on barb b:laugh
    the +19 magic on it kinda lame xD
    edited September 2013

wait what? you can?????? O.O

I never knew that, I should rerole my barbs weap I don't have blacksmith on it.
    and its on a different account then my blacksmith.
    b:victory

after all I have like 490 badges on barb b:laugh

I know the feeling b:chuckle (I'm lvl1 on everything except apothecary)
    cheers \o/
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Omg really?! -.- 13 rerolls on g15 claws and not even one 0.05 int bonus??!
    aare you kidding me?! -.-"

I HATE everything which is "luck" related in this game. Same goes for refining! -.-"

edit: 15 rerolls now. I starting to doupt that you can even get int on that friggen g15 claws -.-
    edited September 2013
    Omg really?! -.- 13 rerolls on g15 claws and not even one 0.05 int bonus??!
    aare you kidding me?! -.-"

I HATE everything which is "luck" related in this game. Same goes for refining! -.-"

edit: 15 rerolls now. I starting to doupt that you can even get int on that friggen g15 claws -.-

for the record, getting -int on g15 claws is way harder than on g16 claws. I'd save my money xD
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    AFTER 18 Rerolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I already wanted these since BM times and now they are finally mine WOHOOOO
    also 3.33 base now= perma spark ;D

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/qdjmhu0t/20130905164228.png
    edited September 2013
    WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

nice! revenge is also nice!
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    nice! revenge is also nice!

who needs bp? :P
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Earth: Barb
    Wood: BM (one that uses skills during anti melee buff, rather than derp apsing)
    Water: Sin or Seeker (note that the suicide bombers deal only 30% max hp damage here, different than other pavs, since there is 3x as many of them).
    Metal: some magic class - wiz or psy usually does well. veno and mystic probably would as well (though I don't run with many of them)
    Fire: Archers were the original class to solo this path

Cleric - backup whoever is having the most difficulty by luring their head.
    cookie cutter squad:
    earth: sin
    wood: sin/bm
    water: bm/seeker
    fire: cleric+barb
    metal: something (best veno)

I just wanna say that wood can be done easy by a caster, on my mystic it was the easiest one to do for me.

The mistake you probably do when you make the squad is you probably invite any class than after you try to figure out how to match people and you probably end with too many melees or too many casters and there's pavs that cannot be done by someone and people realize it and leave squad to don't waste time.

When you world chat say something like: Making squad for full warsong, pm me class and pav you can do.

if you don't have a good memory or are not sure, before world chat write on a piece of paper the pavs and when you got someone for one of them do a ''X'' on it (don't forget to include yourself).

By experience on HL you will prolly end by need to world chat that you need someone for water.

Also don't ask for specific class, some people say the have trouble to make squads for stuff like BH, but they ask specific class like barb, while a lot of other class can tank, so don't ask specific class, just ask for people to pm you what pav they can do, get a cleric and voil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited September 2013
    I just wanna say that wood can be done easy by a caster, on my mystic it was the easiest one to do for me.l

heh, I find it easier to do wood on my psy than on my sin (not great gear difference) but I always thought it was because I'm a noob sin xd

+1 on how to form a squad
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Also don't ask for specific class, some people say the have trouble to make squads for stuff like BH, but they ask specific class like barb, while a lot of other class can tank, so don't ask specific class, just ask for people to pm you what pav they can do, get a cleric and voil

Agreed.

Aside from clerics, you really don't need any specific class. Even then, it may be doable with mystics as healers (excluding using Ironguards to kill the boss). Furthermore, if you just want buffs, there are a lot of players with multiple accounts that can buff the squad. I always use my barb to buff my squad when doing Warsong, but never actually play him.
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Its very handy to have a lvl 100 cleric :D
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now try 2 sockets and double int/revenge ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited September 2013
    Now try 2 sockets and double int/blood vengeance ;D

fixed :b
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3.33 is far from permaspark.....starting from just 300 chi you will get your next spark about 2 seconds after your first ends. i.e. every spark will be later and later and you will have to soon cloud erupt.

5.0, though, 350 chi in is about when your first spark dies. Sooooo comfortable

speaking from experience of 6 hours of TT farming on a private server
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    3.33 is far from permaspark.....starting from just 300 chi you will get your next spark about 2 seconds after your first ends. i.e. every spark will be later and later and you will have to soon cloud erupt.

5.0, though, 350 chi in is about when your first spark dies. Sooooo comfortable

speaking from experience of 6 hours of TT farming on a private server

I can perma spark on 3.33 without cloud eruption. I think thats cuz I use windshield which makes me 4 aps for 8 secs.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can perma spark on 3.33 without cloud eruption. I think thats cuz I use windshield which makes me 4 aps for 8 secs.

that would use 35*2 genie energy every 18 seconds meaning a genie with 3.88 regen or 144 magic, doable with pure mag 80+lp with high grade gear, but then youre not using genie for any debuffs decreasing damage by a good 15%+overall
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    I joined Kylin now and did my very first full WS.
    I soloed fire with my r8+4 bow very well. No need any g16 wep to do it.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Buy 2 cloud stirs, get - channeling ornaments, shard your R8 bow with savants and skill spam fap away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Buy 2 cloud stirs, get - channeling ornaments, shard your R8 bow with savants and skill spam fap away.

Actually a very good idea! :D
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Go AA -90%chan full golden soulgems evasion build gg

EDIT: brb making this on private servers just for lulz
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive