Should i roll a sin or just keep this blademaster?

KurtCobian - Harshlands
KurtCobian - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
So i'm planning for farming a ton of mats to sale for money. I am deciding on maybe using the coins to r9 my cleric, still i am unsure yet. Idk if i should start refining my bm or just roll a sin and get r8 which cost 72m.

My current BM gear(Claw): http://pwcalc.com/46a855cca04c3e3a

(Axe): http://pwcalc.com/b4d78dfa231bfc12

Future gear(i can get it soon from nw's money)
Axe: http://pwcalc.com/4319df52db1c3ab8

Claw: http://pwcalc.com/40d106965e890f51

Now a friend of mine recently just farmed his full r9rrr using no rl money. I also want to do the same.. I know it will take time. But he told me to get ride of my bm and lvl a sin and solo tt bosses and stuff. now thing is it will cost 72m to get r8 for the sin and also hypering the sin will cost a ton of hypers. so i an wonder should keep bm and gear him up more or just make a sin? what do you guys think i should do?

this is the gear i want for my cleric.
http://pwcalc.com/c9f8d2b108ea53b5

The refine and shards is very easy to get with tisha and tienkang. i already have the g16 gear. so what do you guys think
Post edited by KurtCobian - Harshlands on

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a question for you how much do you like your bm in NW/mass pvp scenarios? (Arguably the best/most profitable instance in game) Casters rule the place in mass pvp areas. (Tab > 1 shot/2 shot tab and repeat. xD... and most of them are nigh impossible to kill these days thanks to the insane amount of p def they can get, and well a proc I would prefer not to mention. *cough* Also has quite a few ppl ranting about bms lack of well lots of things in it.)

I realize you are on a pvp server, but still there are a few simple truths that will remain regardless of what server you are on.

Sins will out damage bms with quite a considerable amount of ease. They even have quite a few skills that bms don't that allow the sin an easier time to get to others and potentially kill them. Whereas with bms... well they can't kill much at all without a considerable amount of luck/GOF axes, nor can they survive that well unless insanely well geared.

EDIT: xD I guess I didn't really answer your question... but yea that tidbit you might find useful, ultimately if you think you might regret (HUGE.. not little) switching chars then stick with the bm, otherwise take the risk, and see if you like it better on the sin.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • KurtCobian - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    I have a question for you how much do you like your bm in NW/mass pvp scenarios? (Arguably the best/most profitable instance in game) Casters rule the place in mass pvp areas. (Tab > 1 shot/2 shot tab and repeat. xD... and most of them are nigh impossible to kill these days thanks to the insane amount of p def they can get, and well a proc I would prefer not to mention. *cough* Also has quite a few ppl ranting about bms lack of well lots of things in it.)

I realize you are on a pvp server, but still there are a few simple truths that will remain regardless of what server you are on.

Sins will out damage bms with quite a considerable amount of ease. They even have quite a few skills that bms don't that allow the sin an easier time to get to others and potentially kill them. Whereas with bms... well they can't kill much at all without a considerable amount of luck/GOF axes, nor can they survive that well unless insanely well geared.

I NW on my cleric. I don't pvp on my BM just use him to farm fc for money lol, I'm guessing i better roll a sin. qq
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I NW on my cleric. I don't pvp on my BM just use him to farm fc for money lol, I'm guessing i better roll a sin. qq

I can see why, I NW on my seeker, and I don't find it fair/solving the real issue... (with bms) being that they suck really badly in mass pvp. Again unless they are extremely well geared/dont mind not being able to get to over 90% of the server's population before getting owned/only having time for maybe 1-2 attacks before dying again. (I think a lot of people seem to agree with that sentiment with how few bms have stuck with the class for NW/mass pvp scenarios.

But yea... as I edited in my previous post. :$ If you think you might regret rerolling to sin, stick with the bm, otherwise take the 'risk' there is definitely some neat little perks on a sin compared to the bms. D: (Though yes every class has their strength/weakness... still... I think the class that sticks out like a unwanted black eye are the bm's. D:... Sadly.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited September 2013
    I can see why, I NW on my seeker, and I don't find it fair/solving the real issue... (with bms) being that they suck really badly in mass pvp. Again unless they are extremely well geared/dont mind not being able to get to over 90% of the server's population before getting owned/only having time for maybe 1-2 attacks before dying again. (I think a lot of people seem to agree with that sentiment with how few bms have stuck with the class for NW/mass pvp scenarios.

But yea... as I edited in my previous post. :$ If you think you might regret rerolling to sin, stick with the bm, otherwise take the 'risk' there is definitely some neat little perks on a sin compared to the bms. D: (Though yes every class has their strength/weakness... still... I think the class that sticks out like a unwanted black eye are the bm's. D:... Sadly.)

Hmm i'll think about it, i gotta farm at least G15 daggers then xD
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would say stick with your BM since you already have it. The BM is more versatile in they can use multiple weapons and use them well. Sins on the other hand have daggers and a bow with less defensive because of the nature of their gear.

Once you have your bm done, try out a sin for fun.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why waste money? Use BM to farm and then use it to clear FC to plevel a sin and stash it the aps gear
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited September 2013
    Why waste money? Use BM to farm and then use it to clear FC to plevel a sin and stash it the aps gear

The decision if made. I will work on BM and get this gear done then while i sale fc rooms i will also put my sin in exp room for free so i save money and i get money for the repair and hypers. so thus i make a surplus of coins even though it is not much. I will also try doing TTs on the side
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Try this build if you want to solo tt 3-3 bosses.

http://pwcalc.com/35b3b92ba6b813b3

Any class that solos tt 3-3 bosses needs to invest some money in them. If you are going for caster OP in nw, still need to get r9 3rd cast refined.
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Stick to BM! You already have it, and with some farming on the BM, you could pretty much farm whatever really.

All classes can farm. It's just where, and how they do it. Plus, it's a nightmare trying to level your sin up to a point where it can level. Might as well continue with the BM. You've invested so much time and effort into it already!

You can do it. Good luck. f:grin
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • I_skateboard - Harshlands
    I_skateboard - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ya im staying with bm, i did a calc and looks like they almost hit the same if sin had int with double max increase attack and if bm had int with double max increase attack.

BMs
    13247-18336

Sins
    13723-20104

Obviously sin is better but it's not too bad of a margin at +6 sparked
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Use your BM to clean FC for sin. Sell room, leveling will be for free.
    once you get the sin to 100 get g13/15 with -int, farm fc and tt. At this point if I had to roll another sin it would be sage one because as you build up in strength (gear and damage) you'll be able to take on much more stuff solo than a demon can.

I have both demon BM and demon sin, both 5 aps, sharing same gear except weapon. The numbers in pwcalc will show you that BM has better survival while the sin has better damage. It's not true, sin is just superior in every single aspect, and by a considerable margin.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kharybdis - Harshlands
    Kharybdis - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    With the amount of money you'd use to make a solo farming char, you could just make cleric OP, tbh.

Or alternatively, just get BM to a point where it can duo say 3-1 or something safely with cleric heals and then pour the rest of the money into cleric.
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you only use it for farming purposes anyway keep your bm. You wont need a sin. Its a pain to level sin, more expensive to gear up sins and Bms have HA, better base hp, p def buff and marrows to solo bosses easy.
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    you want to make money as bm? thats a thuff question. BM will have a hard time solo ing TT. But if you want to spam FC as bm that should be okay. it will take more time comparing to sin because they can stealth, but its so much easier, i used to clear FC room under 40 mins with ok refinements.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sins suck ***, don't do it gg
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sins suck ***, don't do it gg

Becouse to be a good sin you need insane investments. b:surrender
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    now thing is it will cost 72m to get r8 for the sin and also hypering the sin will cost a ton of hypers.

Not 72m......
    more like 720m

In TT theres a lot of bosses that are practically passive punching bags. You probably can farm them with your current or future build. Problem is, anyone can farm them and their drops are not worth anything. Exception to this would be 3-1 illusion Nemen and 3-2 deathflow. These are in the passive punching bag category and do drop something worthy. Minister could also be counted in this category, but you need to get past the other bosses before you can fight him.

Other than that, it is the 3 more difficult bosses you need to farm if you want something of value. Emperor, Steelation, Colluseast.

Steelation is mostly a matter of running when he APSes. Still, i think it is challenging for your build as a buddy of mine with a better equiped BM has problems with it.

Colluseast is a matter of resisting his purge and resisting/purifying his amp. The stonger you are, the more leeway you have. For me, i can handle him if only one of those 2 comes trough. Someone more OP than me will have the luxury to totally ignore everything and just brute force whack him. You have no luxury at all. Even though i can surive 1 but not both of those attacks, i do not solo this guy because often he does these attacks so regularly that i do not have the means to resist them anyway. For you imo it will be totally impossible. Either way, you surely want to be 5aps. Not so much for the extra damage output, but for the more frequent resist/purify/heal from sparks.

Emperor does lots of shizzly, it bubbles you, it slows you, stuns you. Surely you can resist some of it, but its just a lot of **** happening. Dont dream about taking this guy in your equipment. I dont try it solo in mine either. Again, be 5aps. Duoing with a cleric is great here as he will aim all his ****ty attacks at the cleric :D

Of course a charm could help with most of the problems. Charmed i can solo them all, but it takes away most or all of the profit so thats useless.

Lots of people here like to say that it all depends on skills and skilled people can solo TT with cheap equipment. I think they like to try and show themselves skilled or they are not talking about these 3 bosses. Reallity is different. Those i did see solo those each of those 3 bosses are 2billion coin characters. Ye or charmed, which is nice to show that you can do it, but not nice to farm for profit.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Ya im staying with bm, i did a calc and looks like they almost hit the same if sin had int with double max increase attack and if bm had int with double max increase attack.

BMs
    13247-18336

Sins
    13723-20104

Obviously sin is better but it's not too bad of a margin at +6 sparked

The damage difference is not the most important aspect of the choise between BM, sin and barb. Roughly speaking, with the same equipment A sin does 10% more dps than a BM (mostly from his high crit) and a BM does 10% more damage than a barb. That is however not counting HF which i think will make the BM be the best solo damage dealer (use CE/thee so that you can HF and spark)

As a barb comparing myself with a BM buddy, i very much regret not having HF. I am a lot more durable, but that is probably because i have 103 vit while he has base vit. (i can asure you that at current gear levels, for TT running 103 vit is the right choise, he agrees)
    We both have more HPs and defences than a sin of course, but sins have things like tidal protection and ribstrike to help keep themselves alive. I cannot make any objective comparisons though since i dont have a sin or run TT with one.
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Had a leader with a pretty epic bm/cleric mix. Seems to do well. Heck it makes me want to spend time on my BM. Although I really shouldn't.
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • Nebucadnezar - Morai
    Nebucadnezar - Morai Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    stick to bm - better allrounder , atleast imho
    get some axes for nw, get a squad , stun pressure soo nice. let em hit you. get good points

can solo farm tt , can solo farm fc .. all u ever want is a sin bp you.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY .
    sins look stupid :)
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Idk anything about your server, but on ours the golden age of aps farming is over.
    I once sold e.g. antennas and ape's tail for 450-550k each (or raps for 1.5-2m each).
    Even gold mats like illusion stone sell for just 6-7m now.
    You still can make coins in HH ofc, but now it's too late for the big money.
    I'm sure in a few month we won't make any coins with nation wars too.

Atm spamming BH100s (with many alts) and treasure map quests (only at 2x drop ofc) is the way to go. And maybe selling 3rd cast service (if you have the reputation and the ppl to spam fast WS runs).

In cv (non-BH way) you can still make some coins if some friends wants to get exploited by you. There is also abit money in full gv (MTFs are at 60-70k now, once they did sell for 200k).

Idk if sharding service will give an income in the future (with g10 shards from weekly aba/sot). On our server it's not a common business (yet). Since ppl recognized how it works, one run is done within 20-30mins. It might kill the income you get by killing wbs (but only a few ppl had a chance to do this anyway).

A little income is still selling frost, wg tm or lunar tm (price is maybe 30-50% of what it was).

You won't need any aps toon/sin for all those ways to make coins. Our r999 or nv g16 gear is strong enough to beat everything very fast and even more save.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Roll sin you already have the gear lol,the LA on Bm makes you a weak bm anyways so your better off being sin cause your just a one shot with that stuff on..ijsb:chuckle

Im saying this because I run all toons..so yea.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Im saying this because I run all toons..so yea.

real arguments do better than a hollow post backed by this claim really.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    sin >> BM.
    I have both, share same gear, sin is miles better at farming than the BM. Defenses and HP numbers don't matter when I can avoid 50% of incoming attacks and I can slow down boss attk permanently by 50%.
    The damage difference is not just 10% as someone said here, it's about 30% without powerdash and no, HF does not makes up for it.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    The damage difference is not just 10% as someone said here, it's about 30% without powerdash and no, HF does not makes up for it.

Do you maybe have calcs to show this ?

my 10% comes from calc experimentation and the 20% between barb and sin comes from everyday experience where i keep agro from sins as long as i have higher refines providing me about 20% more weapon damage. And that is even with my 100 vit statted !
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Do you maybe have calcs to show this ?

my 10% comes from calc experimentation and the 20% between barb and sin comes from everyday experience where i keep agro from sins as long as i have higher refines providing me about 20% more weapon damage. And that is even with my 100 vit statted !

nope, I don't have calcs, and like i've said , don't rely on pwcalc when comparing a BM and a sin. Just DON'T.
    My data comes from the fact that I have both chars, both 5 aps, sharing same aps gear/tome, both with +10 G16 weapons.
    And I understand why you only consider Sin having 20% over your barb: you might not use the sin's full potential.
    I'm not a sin fanboy, really, I always disliked the class because of the mindless no fvcks given way you can play them while still being rewarded with best DPS class ingame. I rolled first a BM, farmed with it my aps gear, got it to 5 aps and then while farming nirvana I got a good friend om mine, sin, to compare damage numbers. I had a +10 g13 claw he had a +10 g13 dagg. We did timer kills on big HP mob ppl use to test dmg on (can't fvking remember the name). His dps was about 50% higher than mine. Rolled a Sin after, went demon for the cheap aps boost, timed the kill on that mob again, numbers confirmed.
    I did same when I came back to play 6 months ago, got G16 for both sin and BM, got them to +10, went to kill mob, 3 tries each took average time: difference still there, about 30%.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Build a sin. Bm is the worse class in pwi atm.

being a sin u can get full r9, and be one of the most powerfull dph in game.

Bm sucks....u cant get a pure build, ur skills dmg arent that big, even if u can reach easily 25k magic ress as a bm, mages will still pwn u couse u wont have the dmg to kill those ****.

chi is a problem that there is not a way to fix it, couse if u use white tea all the time, u wont be able to use ig or other apoths, while other classes might triple spark in ur face.

stick to ur sin, build it for farming first and then for pvp.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Build a sin. Bm is the worse class in pwi atm.

being a sin u can get full r9, and be one of the most powerfull dph in game.

Bm sucks....u cant get a pure build, ur skills dmg arent that big, even if u can reach easily 25k magic ress as a bm, mages will still pwn u couse u wont have the dmg to kill those ****.

chi is a problem that there is not a way to fix it, couse if u use white tea all the time, u wont be able to use ig or other apoths, while other classes might triple spark in ur face.

stick to ur sin, build it for farming first and then for pvp.

does this guy look like he can afford an r9rr pvp alt
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    does this guy look like he can afford an r9rr pvp alt

u are thinking in just short terms. perhaps one day he can, and he will regret the day he started to build his bm and not other class.

cough cough...i am on of that person. BM sucks!!
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    this is the gear i want for my cleric.
    http://pwcalc.com/c9f8d2b108ea53b5

what's with the g16 gloves? complete the r9rr set first..
    you only purge once #yopo