Getting into full WS squads

_Shui - Harshlands
_Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
So Im level 100 now and wanna farm my G16 molds for wep and gears.
Apparenly on Harshlands they don't let me into full WS squads with my r8 bow.
So what I need to join these squads? G16? lol...
Post edited by _Shui - Harshlands on

Comments

• Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Then make your own squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arlenia - Dreamweaver
    Arlenia - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You can do full WS as soon as you can solo a pavilion. In your case, metal would probably be your best bet. Try it out during a bh to get the hang of it, but r8 should probably be strong enough assuming you have half-decent refines.

As Fissile said, if people from WC don't want you make your own squad, preferably with friends/factionmates that don't mind if it takes a few minutes longer than usual.
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    I tried several times to make own squads but it never works for me also since I got no clue what ppl to get. Then 1 person leaves a 2nd person leaves and then the rest leaves.
    My r8 Bow is +4 and has lv 9 shards.

My faction is only like 4 active members including me.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    weird o.o
    in DW so far i havent seen this problem
    of course every1 wants r9/g16 +12 in squad so WS goes faster

but still mostly its- if u can solo ur own pav , ur fine
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Get some friends who will help. If you can't solo a pav. Get a squad and maybe a friend who can solo for u. then give u the spot after. I've done that for people here so they can get there g16 gear.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You can do full WS as soon as you can solo a pavilion. In your case, metal would probably be your best bet. Try it out during a bh to get the hang of it, but r8 should probably be strong enough assuming you have half-decent refines.

As Fissile said, if people from WC don't want you make your own squad, preferably with friends/factionmates that don't mind if it takes a few minutes longer than usual.

For archers, it's fire that's easy, not metal. Fire mobs have no metal resistance.

Metal Mob: Evil Electric Leopardo
    Physical Attack: 909 - 1364
    Magic Attack: 864 - 1296 (ranged)
    Physical Defense: 7133
    Magic Defense: Metal: 1132 -- Wood: 1132 -- Water: 0 -- Fire: 0 -- Earth: 0

Fire Mob: Efreet Lady
    Physical Attack: 909 - 1364
    Magic Attack: 864 - 1296 (ranged)
    Physical Defense: 1710
    Magic Defense: Metal: 0 -- Wood: 1132 -- Water: 1132 -- Fire: 1132 -- Earth: 1132

Wood: Carapace Greenstalker
    Physical Attack: 909 - 1364 (melee)
    Magic Attack: 864 - 1296
    Physical Defense: 7133
    Magic Defense: Metal: 0 -- Wood: 849 -- Water: 849 -- Fire: 849 -- Earth: 849

Earth: Evil Trembling Golem
    Physical Attack: 1800 - 2700 (melee)
    Physical Defense: 1710
    Magic Defense: Metal: 950 -- Wood: 0 -- Water: 950 -- Fire: 950 -- Earth: 950

Water: Evil Warsong Elf
    Physical Attack: 909 - 1364 (melee)
    Physical Defense: 0
    Magic Defense: Metal: 4529 -- Wood: 4529 -- Water: 4529 -- Fire: 4529 -- Earth: 4529
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cookie cutter squad:
    earth: sin
    wood: sin/bm
    water: bm/seeker
    fire: cleric+barb
    metal: something (best veno)

note that as the gear gets better classes become less significant; typically something at +10/weapon+12 should be able to solo anything.

now, if you can do metal, great, you can form the typical squad.
    but as other said, fire could be easier in which case you'd have to move the barb+cleric to some other pav; I think wood is a good choice.

practise soloing pavs in bh runs.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Get some friends who will help. If you can't solo a pav. Get a squad and maybe a friend who can solo for u. then give u the spot after. I've done that for people here so they can get there g16 gear.

Do I look like I have any friends? :D
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Might wanna go play something that's not a MMO then.

Also, soloing fire with that kind of gear is pretty hard. My early WS on archer meant quite some deaths and failed pavs. Low dmg ouput and low magic defense, not fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Might wanna go play something that's not a MMO then.

Offline games then! :D
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I could say the same. (rarely spoke to others/few friends I have I rarely end up working with)
    Still got S3 Lunar NV somehow.
    Improvise if you must.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013

My faction is only like 4 active members including me.

Go in a faction with more than 4 people and you will maybe be able to make friends and get some faction full ws runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Go in a faction with more than 4 people and you will maybe be able to make friends and get some faction full ws runs.

I dont like to swap factions to often. Im actually looking for a TW faction but the ones there are on Harshlands suck and I dont wanna join or require leet gear.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Have you tried soloing a pav yet with your R8 bow? This is something you can test on your own without having to join a full squad. Just ask someone to help you open, then go try Fire.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I dont like to swap factions to often. Im actually looking for a TW faction but the ones there are on Harshlands suck and I dont wanna join or require leet gear.

You have to make an effort to make changes if things aren't working in your favor, and this is one of those times. A guild with 4 active members is dead and you're not missing much if you can't even get a WS squad together with them.

You're making excuses and being highly resistant to adapting, can you guess where that will lead you in the near future?
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013

4 toons is not a faction, it's not even a party.
    Any TW faction* would ask for a gear link/some questions and probably an interview.
    That doesn't mean that they'll only get leet gear, most of the times it's just filtering evasion orn clerics and jerks.

* meaning a faction that TWs more than a few pve TWs after map reset
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited September 2013

Well farm something else and buy the G16 weap than after that try to get squads.

More and more on HL people do faction runs cause at 75% of the time squad made in wc are squads that fail at defending the pavs.

You say that you don't like to swap factions to often, but you say all TW factions suck on HL, did you tried them all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    You have to make an effort to make changes if things aren't working in your favor, and this is one of those times. A guild with 4 active members is dead and you're not missing much if you can't even get a WS squad together with them.

You're making excuses and being highly resistant to adapting, can you guess where that will lead you in the near future?

Im in a small frienly faction with a few german friends. Not really dead. They do WS but only around evening when I have to log off. I just joined them til I found something better but atm idk..
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, you're in some trouble, and I'm going to point them out for you:
    1. you don't like to form squads because ppl leave. But at the same time you admit you have no idea who's doing what in WS. This is why people leave your squads. If you form a squad, you must act like a leader. You need to know how warsong goes and what happens there. You need to take charge, shuffle people around based on gear/weapons to get them to the pavilions they can solo. Ask ppl what alts they have for buffs and stuff, a lot of WS runs are without barb because a BM /Sin/Seeker can actually tank buffed. Wizards are good on pavs and pulls, terrible on bosses. If you have a good pull squad it's worth getting a wizard, if not better another class. If ppl "smell" that you don't know **** about ws and you're in it over your head (like you actually are) they leave the squad.
    2. get into an active faction. If you don't just quit the game. You don't have top tier gear to solo your way through the game, you're in build up phase so the most important thing is having an active faction. It helps getting into/forming warsong squads even if not the whole squad is from guild. Get 1-2 ppl and world chat for the rest.
    3. you can open warsong with 1 person with you. Ask someone to help you and practice pavilions. Start with Fire , then metal. Have a genie with CE to add to your chi, with that R8 +4 bow it's going to take a while to kill mobs. You're going to have to be sparked most of the time and because u kill slow you're quite exposed to a purge. Purge with your gear means 90% of cases a failed pav.

Now , my sincere advice is go get a G15 bow. I know you started with "So what I need to join these squads? G16? lol... " and the simple answer is : Yes.

Dragonbow:Nameless is about 5 mil.
    Raps for G15: 18 mil
    badges: 12 mil
    mold: 3-4 mil

So basically about 35-40 mill will get you a g16 Bow.

Now if you do NW you're going to be able to farm your own raps in about 2 weeks easily, even with your gear, so the cost of a g16 bow it's going to be down to about 20 mil.
    It's 2x now, you won't be able to get into warsong squads but you will be able to get into lunar squads where ppl pay fee to get 2 EoD. You get 2 badges /run.do 2 runs each day and in 15 days (2 week time , that 2 weeks time I said you can farm the raps in NW) you'll get 60 badges.
    Doing this you get down to a G16 bow costing about 10 million. You get those 10 mil from BH100 in 2 weeks even if you're really unlucky with the rewards.

Now please wipe that smug "So what I need to join these squads? G16? lol..." off your face and get to work. For how much it costs you should actually be ashamed you try to go with half *** gear into a warsong squad trying to leech a run from ppl that actually put in an effort

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Obv you're not gonna get into like Infa, Dark, or Crim with your gear, but there's still other TW guilds out there that would probably take you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYAuFSl8E_I This is a freaking heaven shatterer. Kthxbai.
    (creds to prind).

And to get into WS on WC an archer needs to be able to do metal as well, because ****ty average -chan +2 armor clerics can't do fire, even with G16 +5 weapon, apparently, much less metal b:chuckle
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Well, you're in some trouble, and I'm going to point them out for you:
    1. you don't like to form squads because ppl leave. But at the same time you admit you have no idea who's doing what in WS. This is why people leave your squads. If you form a squad, you must act like a leader. You need to know how warsong goes and what happens there. You need to take charge, shuffle people around based on gear/weapons to get them to the pavilions they can solo. Ask ppl what alts they have for buffs and stuff, a lot of WS runs are without barb because a BM /Sin/Seeker can actually tank buffed. Wizards are good on pavs and pulls, terrible on bosses. If you have a good pull squad it's worth getting a wizard, if not better another class. If ppl "smell" that you don't know **** about ws and you're in it over your head (like you actually are) they leave the squad.
    2. get into an active faction. If you don't just quit the game. You don't have top tier gear to solo your way through the game, you're in build up phase so the most important thing is having an active faction. It helps getting into/forming warsong squads even if not the whole squad is from guild. Get 1-2 ppl and world chat for the rest.
    3. you can open warsong with 1 person with you. Ask someone to help you and practice pavilions. Start with Fire , then metal. Have a genie with CE to add to your chi, with that R8 +4 bow it's going to take a while to kill mobs. You're going to have to be sparked most of the time and because u kill slow you're quite exposed to a purge. Purge with your gear means 90% of cases a failed pav.

Now , my sincere advice is go get a G15 bow. I know you started with "So what I need to join these squads?

G16? lol... " and the simple answer is : Yes.

Dragonbow:Nameless is about 5 mil.
    Raps for G15: 18 mil
    badges: 12 mil
    mold: 3-4 mil

So basically about 35-40 mill will get you a g16 Bow.

Now if you do NW you're going to be able to farm your own raps in about 2 weeks easily, even with your gear, so the cost of a g16 bow it's going to be down to about 20 mil.
    It's 2x now, you won't be able to get into warsong squads but you will be able to get into lunar squads where ppl pay fee to get 2 EoD. You get 2 badges /run.do 2 runs each day and in 15 days (2 week time , that 2 weeks time I said you can farm the raps in NW) you'll get 60 badges.
    Doing this you get down to a G16 bow costing about 10 million. You get those 10 mil from BH100 in 2 weeks even if you're really unlucky with the rewards.

Now please wipe that smug "So what I need to join these squads? G16? lol..." off your face and get to work. For how much it costs you should actually be ashamed you try to go with half *** gear into a warsong squad trying to leech a run from ppl that actually put in an effort

I mostly just PM 1 person in squad to help me out.

Finding a good faction is not really easy I got some prefenrences but most of them want least g16 +7.
    So until Im not 100% sure where to join ill stay in mine.

My genie has CE.

Ik about g15 bow. Its already ready in my bank. To bad I need the mold and if I use it now it will be bound.
    NW I can only go once every month. Next time in 2 weeks.
    Lol lunar on Harshlands xD
    Got 5m right now. Seems like r8 bow is my best bet atm til I got that stupid g16 mold.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYAuFSl8E_I This is a freaking heaven shatterer. Kthxbai.
    (creds to prind).

And to get into WS on WC an archer needs to be able to do metal as well, because ****ty average -chan +2 armor clerics can't do fire, even with G16 +5 weapon, apparently, much less metal b:chuckle

i know it can be done. I can solo fire /metal on my R8 +4 cleric with no effin jones blessing on it. But you need to know what you're doing and most of ppl fail even with G16 like u said.

I mostly just PM 1 person in squad to help me out.

Finding a good faction is not really easy I got some prefenrences but most of them want least g16 +7.
    So until Im not 100% sure where to join ill stay in mine.

My genie has CE.

Ik about g15 bow. Its already ready in my bank. To bad I need the mold and if I use it now it will be bound.
    Got 5m right now. Seems like r8 bow is my best bet atm til I got that stupid g16 mold.

you can make G16 from a bound g15. You just need the mold and badges, there is no blacksmith skill required.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Refine your r8 bow smmore then, doesn't need to be +10, but like +6 or 7 isn't too expensive, especially if you're going to use it for quite a while, which it sounds like you are.
    OR if you don't want to buy g16 service, refine and use the g15 one you have. You can still g16 it if the g15 is bound to you.

The only people who get stuff instantly are the heavy cash shoppers or ancient merchants, so however you do it it's going to take some time.
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Good that I finally know about that <.< r8 is still g14 and has 010 int. Ima calc and see if its worth it to use g15. Also I was planning to get the x bow cuz it has better spike dmg for pvp. Ill use claws for most bosses in PVE anyway :D

Im unlucky refining. +4 is already hard for me so my whole gear is +4
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Good that I finally know about that <.< r8 is still g14 and has 010 int. Ima calc and see if its worth it to use g15. Also I was planning to get the x bow cuz it has better spike dmg for pvp. Ill use claws for most bosses in PVE anyway :D

Im unlucky refining. +4 is already hard for me so my whole gear is +4

Spike damage isn't going to help a class without any real charm-bypassing hard hitter skills lol. We're stuck racing charms
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited September 2013
    Im in a small frienly faction with a few german friends. Not really dead. They do WS but only around evening when I have to log off. I just joined them til I found something better but atm idk..

Well what I can suggest you is to go maybe in Kylin or Bankai, make a effort even if u don't like them, as far as I know atm they don't really care about the gears, you will make friends, get factions runs and get TW experience.

After a while you can decide if you like the faction or not and if you want to go in a bigger one or not.

Often people say they don't like some factions cause of their reputation, but majority of those reputation are base on fake rumors or mad people that didn't get what they wanted from the faction.

All factions have good and bad things, but you won't know before try them.

Tell your 4 friends to go with you so you won't be alone, I'm pretty sure Kylin would not say no to a group of 5 people even if the gears are not all G16+7.

Cause truth is even if you had G16 gears majority of TW faction want people with some experience in TW or that know exactly what their role is in TW.

Anyway good luck with that. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Well what I can suggest you is to go maybe in Kylin or Bankai, make a effort even if u don't like them, as far as I know atm they don't really care about the gears, you will make friends, get factions runs and get TW experience.

After a while you can decide if you like the faction or not and if you want to go in a bigger one or not.

Often people say they don't like some factions cause of their reputation, but majority of those reputation are base on fake rumors or mad people that didn't get what they wanted from the faction.

All factions have good and bad things, but you won't know before try them.

Tell your 4 friends to go with you so you won't be alone, I'm pretty sure Kylin would not say no to a group of 5 people even if the gears are not all G16+7.

Cause truth is even if you had G16 gears majority of TW faction want people with some experience in TW or that know exactly what their role is in TW.

Anyway good luck with that. =)

Not BankaiGanks -___-
    But Kylin is actually a faction I consider atm. Also many friends told me they will go there as soon as reaching 100.
    I used to be in Sacrament months ago and TWed there. But since the old leader left its not the same anymore what it used to be.
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cookie cutter squad:
    earth: sin
    wood: sin/bm
    water: bm/seeker
    fire: cleric+barb
    metal: something (best veno)

note that as the gear gets better classes become less significant; typically something at +10/weapon+12 should be able to solo anything.

now, if you can do metal, great, you can form the typical squad.
    but as other said, fire could be easier in which case you'd have to move the barb+cleric to some other pav; I think wood is a good choice.

practise soloing pavs in bh runs.

Just a bit of a suggestion from my own P.O.V. and past experience in Warsong. Granted I on both barb and seeker can solo any of the pavilions if needed - a "non op" setup would look more like:

Earth: Barb
    Wood: BM (one that uses skills during anti melee buff, rather than derp apsing)
    Water: Sin or Seeker (note that the suicide bombers deal only 30% max hp damage here, different than other pavs, since there is 3x as many of them).
    Metal: some magic class - wiz or psy usually does well. veno and mystic probably would as well (though I don't run with many of them)
    Fire: Archers were the original class to solo this path

Cleric - backup whoever is having the most difficulty by luring their head.
    This is considering the squad mates don't have g16 gears/rank 9. I'm fairly certain rank 8 can still do full warsong even after the update. I've taken my cleric through it with TT 99 gold weapon and TT 90 gold/Lunar green armors. It might be more challenging than a g16 cakewalk, but it is doable.
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Okay this is my current setup f:cool

http://pwcalc.com/2b83e3559149bb70

I got some more HP like 5.6k. Better dmg and slightly better stats because of the meridian thing.

And this epic blue shiny 3* claws +4 with phys atk bonus.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/5489