Remove starting hp&mp charms....

Options
Jenaniah - Heavens Tear
Jenaniah - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Seriously? Level 1's can get free charms. It's ridiclous! I know they've been here for awhile. Remember when you had to run away and meditate because you got 2 mobs on you as a low level? Now you can just sit there with 4 mobs on you and you don't have to worry. i think they should be removed, and made for levels 20+, when you actually need them. A level 5 doesn't need an HP charm!
Post edited by Jenaniah - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The point giving good stuffs to newbies is so they could reach the endgame ASAP, thus with no monetary funds to afford gear, they will charge zen, no1 needs a lvl 100 with pathetic gear in squads that only drag others down.
  • Jenaniah - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The point giving good stuffs to newbies is so they could reach the endgame ASAP, thus with no monetary funds to afford gear, they will charge zen, no1 needs a lvl 100 with pathetic gear in squads that only drag others down.

Sadly pwe only wants the moneys :( Game used to be really fun in lower levels.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    and people only see the evil side. boosting the new players is necessary to balance the field. and if they want they can still play the old way; nobody forbids them from doing w/e you did, if it was truly fun they would do it.
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Free 1k coins for the newbies i suppose, if they don't use them. I just think It's so easy to get through this game now.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Don't use them then...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Don't use them then...?

It's not about useing them or not using them. Noobies are going to use them because they don't know. I just think pwi is making the game too easy for the new players.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    There's barely any new players coming in at all at this point so I'm all for making it easier for them to get into the game.

Besides, it's not like they have to pick them up if they don't want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    It's not about useing them or not using them. It's about us feeling cheated cause we didn't have them

fixed
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited September 2013
    Options
    fixed

I wouldn't have wanted them when i started playing.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Things being easier (lower costs due to free HP/MP charms, easier quests, JoJ, Lucids, Questmaster, ect) for them to get into will help encourage them to stay. Though there's still that issue of questing areas in those levels being empty due to hyper-leveling...it does help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited September 2013
    Options
    There's barely any new players coming in at all at this point so I'm all for making it easier for them to get into the game.

Besides, it's not like they have to pick them up if they don't want to.

I see new players every day in starting city's, looking for caves and whatnot. And who join the faction I'm in. Maybe not thousands of people every day, but there's still a decent number of new players.
  • deathbytuna
    deathbytuna Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Vise versa on the new and the old.The old will make tons of new accounts and plvl to 20+ and farm jones everyday and make killer money so this is a two edge sword in a way but yeah today's real new players have it 100% easier.Most will never know what the map really has to offer nor what a truely dedicated player can do.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Things being easier (lower costs due to free HP/MP charms, easier quests, JoJ, Lucids, Questmaster, ect) for them to get into will help encourage them to stay, there's still that issue of questing areas in those levels being empty due to hyper-leveling...but it does help.

Yeah not much you can do. i started a new toon because i hadn't played from the begining in a long time, was surprised how fast i leveled up. (Level 15 in 10 minutes)
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    People complain NW ruined the market for raps/cannies. Now everyone can get their gears eventually. People complain about no level restriction on FF now ANYONE can pay a fee to level up. Gold rises more and more each day because of the goodies the company spews out and with even prettier wings and mounts people will strive to get them. Lower levels have it easy now unlike us... what makes you think the people who were currently stronger when you first started werent complaining when you had it easy on certain things. ((weren't genies not around for some time? I know when I first joined, genies were a new treat to the game so yes, I likely had something easy)

I frankly find this awesome due to the fact that yes, I don't plvl my characters and its a great way to save coin for gear than pots because HELLLOOOOOO DQ for lower levels is no longer their way to make coin so why not make a new toon without plvl, without supplying legend gear, without handing a mount over etc etc and see if you can survive, do NOT get the free charms either, and no plvl. Get all your gear/pots with the handful of coin you get through quests. Also make sure to avoid Lucid and Questmaster because they both can hand over some nice goods low level people don't deserve right?

And JOJ quests only give you so much at a lower level, which will likely be for skills but hard for well stat'd gear because people price them so high. So go for it and see how nice it is that free charms are there when you cant even afford a single pack of 20 pots without going poor.

OH, and dont even get the dreamchaser pack since low levels have it SO easy.

..... basically, get over it, don't get them, games change, they want to keep people who dont strive to 100 overnight and want them to least play in some comfort. There, I'm done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Seriously? Level 1's can get free charms. It's ridiclous! I know they've been here for awhile. Remember when you had to run away and meditate because you got 2 mobs on you as a low level? Now you can just sit there with 4 mobs on you and you don't have to worry. i think they should be removed, and made for levels 20+, when you actually need them. A level 5 doesn't need an HP charm!

Not use them then. I have 4 Quest Charms in my store and 3 from them can be sold easy to NPC (10k hp on each, when my character has 4.2k hp).

I just left them for those one case, when they can be necessary for me.

Those case yet absent.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Seriously? Complaining because you had to meditate to level, and they don't?

Look sir, back then when you leveled DQs were worth something. Now only DQ's like 70+ are worth something. So, how do you think they are gonna afford any pots? They can't go meditate everytime they kill one mob. Have you realized new players are almost on their own until they reach level 100? If there is anything dead about this game, that would be everything that is below level 100. I'm glad the new people have this charms. At least they can do most of their quest on their own. I even think they should get them until they reach level 90.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

It's not more needed at lvl20 than lvl5.

If you want them so bad than make a new char and get them.

What that will give to you that they remove the charms? Absolutely nothing, except a personal satisfaction that probably 99% of the population don't share with you.

People can do lvl1-20 in 2 hours anyway with or without charms, you worry too much about things that should not affect you at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Scarlettttt - Sanctuary
    Scarlettttt - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Is this a troll post or what
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Seriously? Complaining because you had to meditate to level, and they don't?

Look sir, back then when you leveled DQs were worth something. Now only DQ's like 70+ are worth something. So, how do you think they are gonna afford any pots? They can't go meditate everytime they kill one mob. Have you realized new players are almost on their own until they reach level 100? If there is anything dead about this game, that would be everything that is below level 100. I'm glad the new people have this charms. At least they can do most of their quest on their own. I even think they should get them until they reach level 90.

What should happen is pw should put the dq coin cost back where it belongs, plus they are doing this dq nerf cause of the bots that run around. theres hardly any bots around and if there is bots on any servers its very few of em. The only reason why you think that the game is dead below 100 is cause of the plvling that is being sold like a new mount, fash or flyer. Back then players did meditate after 2-3 mob kills cause their mp usage was being used up rather quickly. If ya saw a lowbie in their 20s, they dont need charms cause they get potions as drops occasionally. Speaking of lowbies on their own in the low lvls, thats only the added affect of what plvling has done. If newbies or alts wouldnt commit to speeding through these lvls from plvling than they might learn bout their class alot better than just doing the same mundane run bout 1000x. If you ask me, they dont deserve to have charms in the low lvls, mid lvls or semi high lvls.

low lvls- 1-40, mid lvls- 41-70, semi high lvls- 71-90. Any player capable enough, knowledgeable enough, and not lazy like they are just sipping soda or beer watching their favorite tv show will be able to play the game the way it was suppose to be played.

It's not more needed at lvl20 than lvl5.

If you want them so bad than make a new char and get them.

What that will give to you that they remove the charms? Absolutely nothing, except a personal satisfaction that probably 99% of the population don't share with you.

People can do lvl1-20 in 2 hours anyway with or without charms, you worry too much about things that should not affect you at all.

Charms are never needed for whether they are lvl 20 or lvl 5,
    no one in the low lvls needs charms that badly, if i made a new toon i could go without them if i wanted to, but the reason why new players or new alts get the free charms is cause its free and they'll go after anything that is free.

somehow i think bout 85% of the pw population would share the idea of removing the free charms cause of how easy it makes the lowbies. since its the case, they'll go after the free charms cause its a trinket that they think they need cause they have gotten used to em at the high lvls for whatever.

so you think he worries bout something that shouldnt affect him? think again, it should and does worry him to where any new player coming to pw would come to enjoy the free stuff and then when they get to the high lvls they'll want everything for free cause they lvled up with all that free stuff from the gecko. so who wouldnt be worried bout someone getting free charms from lvl 1-60. back when this game first started, the lowbies never had free charms and what they did was collect the potions that no one else wanted to pick up. If you want to think easy, picking up potion drops is as easy and free as your going to get it.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    no1curr about your hard-on for hating on FC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Yes i do remember meditating between mobs.

However, for me they can be removed alltogether. 20+ dont need them. I made it to 102 without charm and am still not using any. Unfortunately that means i am at a huge disadvantage in PvP. You just pictured how big a difference a charm makes. It is not only like that for a low level player vs mobs. It is also like that for a high level player in NW.

They give free charms early to get people used to it. Then later they can do NW without making a profit. Or i should say, returning all their profit to PWI. Those who dont want to return their profit to PWI unfortunatly have to do a lot of respawning and running back to battle.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    no1curr about your hard-on for hating on FC.

I care f:meh
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    What is the problem with charms for lvl 1's? If they start out without knowing much, they might die a lot and not have fun. Then, they will quit. Then, we will never get new players. Then, I will slap you because I prefer to have people having fun and joining the community, and you seem to want to work against that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    What is the problem with charms for lvl 1's? If they start out without knowing much, they might die a lot and not have fun. Then, they will quit. Then, we will never get new players. Then, I will slap you because I prefer to have people having fun and joining the community, and you seem to want to work against that.

This would be correct if the player loves playing games like a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) or FPS (First Person Shooter) where players are encouraged to rush to endgame.

But I will say it again, this is a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game), and if you are not capable of Role playing this game the way it was designed originally, then perhaps the player is playing the wrong game.

I know times change, but what makes this game worth playing and different from most others is the fact, it is hard and can kill a lot of real life time when played as a true RPG, without cheats such as hypers, FC, etc.,

From personal experience I can tell you MOBA/FPS gets old fast, no matter what you call the games name.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    People like to throw out in 2008 or 2009 that people didn't have those things but you know what you did have?

Regular Zen squads and then...
    Regular BH squads
    The ability to find good, blue named 3 star gear in the auction house if you could not afford molds. And plenty of ready made legendary gear.
    the ability to form a perma farming squad for money doing TT, nowadays having to split with them kills most of the profit since prices are so low thanks to aps farmers. And when you factor in opportunity costs, it is far too expensive to be worth doing on your own. You are better off using any money you can get by doing things like JJ or dq farming, and buying FC to level out of it.
    Other people to play with
    FB was fun and profitable, since you got to keep the mold. It was something looked forward to, notch on your belt. Rather than something you just want to get over with, or skip entirely.
    low gold prices

I would take leveling in 2009 over leveling 2013 any day. It might be easier to level, but that's only because being below level 100 is such a lonely experience for so many people that if they don't put in some mechanism to rush you out of it, chances are many people will quit entirely.

I see so many people nowadays claim the game is dead, and 2009 was so much better. While at the same time telling lowbies that things should not be improved to fix their problems and that they should have to suffer through outdated content alone, as if any of them ever did such a thing. The charm thing wasn't around because they were was nothing to compensate for, there were plenty of things to do, and plenty of people to meet. That isn't true anymore.

"Let them eat oracles!"

Just gonna leave this here, replaced dreamchaser with lowbie charms.
    What should happen is pw should put the dq coin cost back where it belongs, plus they are doing this dq nerf cause of the bots that run around. theres hardly any bots around and if there is bots on any servers its very few of em. The only reason why you think that the game is dead below 100 is cause of the plvling that is being sold like a new mount, fash or flyer. Back then players did meditate after 2-3 mob kills cause their mp usage was being used up rather quickly. If ya saw a lowbie in their 20s, they dont need charms cause they get potions as drops occasionally. Speaking of lowbies on their own in the low lvls, thats only the added affect of what plvling has done. If newbies or alts wouldnt commit to speeding through these lvls from plvling than they might learn bout their class alot better than just doing the same mundane run bout 1000x. If you ask me, they dont deserve to have charms in the low lvls, mid lvls or semi high lvls.

low lvls- 1-40, mid lvls- 41-70, semi high lvls- 71-90. Any player capable enough, knowledgeable enough, and not lazy like they are just sipping soda or beer watching their favorite tv show will be able to play the game the way it was suppose to be played.

Charms are never needed for whether they are lvl 20 or lvl 5,
    no one in the low lvls needs charms that badly, if i made a new toon i could go without them if i wanted to, but the reason why new players or new alts get the free charms is cause its free and they'll go after anything that is free.

somehow i think bout 85% of the pw population would share the idea of removing the free charms cause of how easy it makes the lowbies. since its the case, they'll go after the free charms cause its a trinket that they think they need cause they have gotten used to em at the high lvls for whatever.

so you think he worries bout something that shouldnt affect him? think again, it should and does worry him to where any new player coming to pw would come to enjoy the free stuff and then when they get to the high lvls they'll want everything for free cause they lvled up with all that free stuff from the gecko. so who wouldnt be worried bout someone getting free charms from lvl 1-60. back when this game first started, the lowbies never had free charms and what they did was collect the potions that no one else wanted to pick up. If you want to think easy, picking up potion drops is as easy and free as your going to get it.

High levels are the ones powerlevelling their alts and isolating lowbies by refusing to play or talk to them. Not because they hate lowbies, but because they don't want to do the lower level content over again. But skipping it means you are also isolating new players, intentionally or not. You can't just sit here and pretend that FC isn't here and that the DQ will EVER be returned to normal. The DQ will not be because of the bots in China. And anyone who says they aren't a lot of bots in China are talking w/o knowledge, or lying, because it has been shown with visual proof by american players that there are. On top of which, all of China's anti-bot actions prove they have a botting problem. It's there, and that's why DQ was nerfed. We may not like it. We may not think it's fair. But it exists, and they have to deal with somehow. Pretending it doesn't, does not lead to viable solutions.

New players didn't create FC. New players are largely just quitting usually in their 20s and 30s, from what I can tell from joining a handful of factions specifically helping newbies. Why? Because they can't do content with people their level. They don't want to stand their and watch your level 100 main do it for them in 4 minutes without saying a word to them and then send them off to do everything alone for hours. That's not why people join MMOs. They join them to play with others. The people who stay, powerlevel so they can actually start playing with other people and earning real coin. And I don't blame them for that, it's a ghost town. Anything that makes it easier for them to solo, since they have no one else to play with, is a good thing. It aids new players. You didn't have to do it alone so why do you want to them to have it harder than you did?

On a side note: not related to you but anyone who says this game is dead, and it was better in the old days but then says that lowbies have it too easy I do not trust. Since in the old days, most people were not level 100. If you would honestly rather level back then as opposed to now, you should be also capable of understand that below 100s do NOT have it easy because their income earning potential is limited, they are completely alone for weeks which kills a lot of the fun, and everyone is constantly telling them they don't deserve to have the little bit they get to compensate. While at the other end, they are pressuring them to FC. When they do FC, they call them names like noob because obviously they didn't learn how to squad in a ghost town, and while watching your mains levle 100 butt in BH whatever. This is a very hostile game for new players. And yet people still begrudge them small thigns like this.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Removing them would only cause harm, it's actually a cure for the nerf they get and the criticism the levels 100 and under get from the higher levels. New players would not know what to sell.

This is too late, forget it, just don't use them or use them, no point on QQing about low/mid levels.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I am not advocating the removal or change of things now, the past is the past,
    But for every action there is a reaction, and in this case, when a new player logs in and sees absolutely no one in the starting areas, plus the first few areas they may assume this is an empty game and then simply leave.
    Its up to the individual player how they play.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    you don't have to see other people playing all they have to do is look at world chat. there are a lot of morons on there to tell that the game is still thriving not very well but it still is.
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Dude eat a twix
    Why?
    Because you QQ alot when your hungry
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Lead two sheep to the butcher's, two oxen to the slaughterhouse, and make one of them understand that his companion will not die; the sheep will bleat for pleasure, the ox will bellow with joy. But man - man, who God created in his own image - man, upon whom God has laid his first, his sole commandment, to love his neighbour - man, to whom God has given a voice to express his thoughts - what is his first cry when he hears his fellowman is saved?
    --Alexander Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

That quote more or less sums up this entire post. Because you suffered through a hardly fun grindfest, you feel cheated that others are to be spared the ordeal. Meditate after every two mobs? What kind of fun is that? How much do you learn from that? That is not fun, this is, and that allowed me to really learn the class in a meaningful way. I'm doing the same with my mystic. Gale force hits like a *****.

Let's see why charms are good for lower levels:

1. they can explore more content. Already addressed. An uncharmed mystic is going to have to nap for 5 minutes every 4-5 mobs.
    2. It speeds up gameplay: Asian MMORPGs are notorious n the West for being point-and-click grindfests. In a culture accustomed to the log-on-and-pvp kind of gaming offered by FPS and fighting games, slow gameplay is a sure game killer. Note how quickly you can level up in newer MMORPGs (not to be named), compared to the old 3% an hour boring mob grind that existed before Frost.
    3. Why would someone stay in a game to stare at a napping character, all alone?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive