JOJ ~ new mobs plz!!!

Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
f:beg While JOJ does in fact help everyone with their supplies, am I the only one who is tired of killing Serpents? I know the token quests are random and there are times where 5/7 tokens are nothing but serpents. While easy to kill and plentiful to boot, can we possibly get different ones to kill? There are plenty of other type of mobs to murder that are the serpent levels. I mean if they gave us different type of mobs each time, again all random, that would keep the JOJ less tiresome to travel to and from them. Make Jones scared of something else rather than just snakes lol!

Yes, its easy coin, don't complain, I'm just saying the serpents are getting way annoying to see non-stop after a while and someone had to ask. *shrug*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
Post edited by Nyxsa - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• FallenEvWolf - Dreamweaver
    FallenEvWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree D: I always skip the serpent quest because its too far away to fly and teleporting would cost around 22k there and back, making the effort not really worth it. I'd love to kill lvl 70ish mobs a bit closer to City of the Lost, not at the other end of the bloody map xD
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So I usually port to Raging Tides --> Nightfire Altar, then fly to DW reading WC drama on my way to the spot. But I had to buy a faster flyer for my 70s char, which is ironic, because I did a bunch of Jolly Jones quests, so I could buy a flyer, so I could do Jolly Jones quests faster, lol. And to be honest, Advanced Grinding Machine annoys me so much more .
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    clearly he's a griffindor
    you only purge once #yopo
  • deathbytuna
    deathbytuna Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Advanced grinding machine only...come on its easy money why spend coin getting to the serpent area. Or taking forever to fly to investigate that dumb sea.also I stack a good weeks worth or orders before I do them.
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    I didn't mind that Grinding Machine before, but now it is overcrowded and looks like some people like to hog it for ages (sometimes it's just a visual glitch though...) But getting to dig your fair 3 pieces seems to be a problem nowadays. Yes, I know you can do it in the end by spam clicking the machine, but I don't like being obnoxious and my wrist hurts b:sweat
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    YES

What can u do for us, Mods and GMs ? b:cry there is peoples that stay like 30min spamming the Advanced grinding machine since there is no limit.... Its impossible to do that quest !!
    Please put a limit of 3 per quest
    b:surrender

For tomorrow that would be nice if that was fixed, please :(
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree, something else would be nice. As it is now I started trashing the serpent quest and doing the others.

But then, I also think we need more quest options in Morai. They need to realize that if we are going to do quests day after day they need to put more options in them to keep them from getting too boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    clearly he's a griffindor

Thanx for the amusement.
  • Salianacaste - Harshlands
    Salianacaste - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Advanced Grinding Machine annoys me so much more .

when I was doing this one my barb no one was around. and I just kept digging it and digging it and I had 60 perfect flesh.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Perhaps a JoJ Boss Bounty Hunt would be good. It wouldnt be thrown in with the random quests, but be available to take from him once a day, consuming X amount of Bounty Orders, but paying Y amount of coins depending on the level/amount of orders consumed for that quest.

It could even have a selection of bosses with varying difficulty and order consumption to payout ratio.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    when I was doing this one my barb no one was around. and I just kept digging it and digging it and I had 60 perfect flesh.

There always seems to be a crowd around it, otherwise it is a good solution of course. Some people who spam it would kindly let you dig it when you need (and even more than 3 pieces), some would abuse it in front of 5-6 people who simultaneously spam click it interrupting each other to no end... That's why I find it a bit stressful :)
  • Female_Barb - Sanctuary
    Female_Barb - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They need put more advance grinding machines out. There are 3x Jolly Jones giving out this quest, but there is only one machine. Why can't there be at least 3 as well?
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They need put more advance grinding machines out. There are 3x Jolly Jones giving out this quest, but there is only one machine. Why can't there be at least 3 as well?

No good idea, sry. Imo they limit the coin-output on server this way. Ppl which really need the coins (and have no other method to farm) do it atm, for all others it's too annoying. It has to be like this. Or many ppl would just hyper bunches of lvl 70s within a week on serveral accounts and spam JoJ.

More coins on server = higher gold price btw.. It's already hard enough for the F2P community (not for myself, because I have already bunches of 100+, full r999 main and several 5aps farmer toons; but for others it is). Not everything that F2Pers want is good for them (e.g. way too long periods of 2x drop like this year = everything which is farm-able has become worthless, you have to be even lucky if you can sell an EoD for 1.5m now).
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    f:beg While JOJ does in fact help everyone with their supplies, am I the only one who is tired of killing Serpents? I know the token quests are random and there are times where 5/7 tokens are nothing but serpents. While easy to kill and plentiful to boot, can we possibly get different ones to kill? There are plenty of other type of mobs to murder that are the serpent levels. I mean if they gave us different type of mobs each time, again all random, that would keep the JOJ less tiresome to travel to and from them. Make Jones scared of something else rather than just snakes lol!

Yes, its easy coin, don't complain, I'm just saying the serpents are getting way annoying to see non-stop after a while and someone had to ask. *shrug*

I just do the snake quest & grinding. Killing mobs takes too much time up. I had the serpents quest 6 times, just pure luck really but at least each day it's free coins ( nice to get something free that is actually USEFUL in the game for a change )

It's like ( with me anyway ) getting 1M coins free per day so atm, it's like being given 2 x MoG's for free a month, just for taking half hour out to do a few quests

I have NO issues with that b:chuckle
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I know serpents so well now, I ain't even gonna complain lol.

Can kill them with half a brain and eyes closed on my 8X chars.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • _Kiya_ - Lost City
    _Kiya_ - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Perhaps a JoJ Boss Bounty Hunt would be good. It wouldnt be thrown in with the random quests, but be available to take from him once a day, consuming X amount of Bounty Orders, but paying Y amount of coins depending on the level/amount of orders consumed for that quest.

It could even have a selection of bosses with varying difficulty and order consumption to payout ratio.

I like that idea very much. o.o I know some people accumulate the joj tabs by the hundreds cause of lack of time (or laziness xD), so turning them in for a bounty boss would be a good idea. I would suggest 7 orders for 1 bounty, so that way if you skip doing the joj for a day you can easily catch up.

@ Walpurga:

Rofl ikr? I'll never forget the day where I decided to do all my 28 joj quests... and got the serpents 24 times in a row.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How about you lv and it will change?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • _Kiya_ - Lost City
    _Kiya_ - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How about you lv and it will change

The serpents are the mobs for the last stage of joj quests (71-79). If you lvl past 79 you can't do joj quests anymore. Or at least that's what I've been told. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The serpents are the mobs for the last stage of joj quests (71-79). If you lvl past 79 you can't do joj quests anymore. Or at least that's what I've been told. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah, how unfortunate
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013

71-80 but yes, you are correct.

BTW if you guys don't want to spend coin going to the serpents, you can use the pup to get to archosaur. Then the boat outside archo to get to DW port. I personally am willing to pay the coin cuz its faster, but the other method beats flying over from tides. xD

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    71-80 but yes, you are correct.

BTW if you guys don't want to spend coin going to the serpents, you can use the pup to get to archosaur. Then the boat outside archo to get to DW port. I personally am willing to pay the coin cuz its faster, but the other method beats flying over from tides. xD
    Not from Tides, just from Nightfire altar, lol. I used this method (flying from Netherspring camp) for lvl 60s JOJ mobs, which are west from DW, and to me it seemed to be a "lazier" way than flying from DW over the uneven area with higher level mobs. But now, with lvl 70s mobs.. lol, either just the old habit, or because flying over Archosaur is the least favorite part of my journey, where I always get stuck in the Chrono wheel or something other. So I would rather mindlessly autopath over the sea. But nevermind, I think it's not the only weird preference of mine that can't be explained with laws of logic.