Heavy Armor Cleric Stats?

Hezekia - Heavens Tear
Hezekia - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Cleric
I looked at a few threads but nobody gave a correct or some where rather old. Can somebody give me a current stat distribution for heavy armor cleric? I'm making one for fun since we're have x2 and a dreamchaser soon!
Post edited by Hezekia - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    HA armor + magic weapon require more stats than you have during leveling so there is no generic distribution; you'll have to rely on getting stats somehow (something like a pangu tome would be golden) or lag on either the armor or the weapon; that's not necessarily bad, e.g. the gold tt80 armor chest+pants is on par with the tt90 green and quite cheaper.

but i think that smash will be better suited to answer this question :)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Requirements are the same as for a heavy veno, so this thread may help you out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Hezekia - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2013
    This is what I'm guessing I'll have at level 90

http://pwcalc.com/43406cb69dcaec3c

I kinda made it up as i went. This is temp of course. Who know by the time i hit 90 on her i could have something like this instead. http://pwcalc.com/c00db0842b6e9620 All for fun though XP
  • Hezekia - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2013
    Requirements are the same as for a heavy veno, so this thread may help you out.

I may have missed it buy it said nothing about statting from level 1 upwards.
    edited August 2013
    This is what I'm guessing I'll have at level 90

http://pwcalc.com/43406cb69dcaec3c

I kinda made it up as i went. This is temp of course. Who know by the time i hit 90 on her i could have something like this instead. http://pwcalc.com/c00db0842b6e9620 All for fun though XP

naga ring is a terrible ring, grap some 3* as soon as you can find it.
    the main point of CoA ring is that it has physical attack while refining for mag; unless you have it for a melee alt it makes little sense to pay 10m+ for it when you can use any mag ring with better stats (7 dex isn't that good; demon heart's ring will give you an equivalent amount of stats in mag if you can't find something crafted).

I'd also prefer a trophy cape for the extra stats compared to the tauroc cape; your mdef is high enough.
  • Hezekia - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2013
    naga ring is a terrible ring, grap some 3* as soon as you can find it.
    the main point of CoA ring is that it has physical attack while refining for mag; unless you have it for a melee alt it makes little sense to pay 10m+ for it when you can use any mag ring with better stats (7 dex isn't that good; demon heart's ring will give you an equivalent amount of stats in mag if you can't find something crafted).

I'd also prefer a trophy cape for the extra stats compared to the tauroc cape; your mdef is high enough.
    Thanks, updated it now. http://pwcalc.com/3c482eda944e93bd
    edited August 2013
    Thanks, updated it now. http://pwcalc.com/3c482eda944e93bd

note that the rings are not guaranteed +8mag (it's +7~8).
    it's really up to what crafted rings you find in AH, sadly, there aren't many these days.
    I just noticed you are doing a mix of AA/HA, in that case perhaps it's better to get a sky demon's pearl for the +5% hp (and 7~8 str is not bad either!)

just random ideas that come to mind XD
  • Hezekia - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2013
    note that the rings are not guaranteed +8mag (it's +7~8).
    it's really up to what crafted rings you find in AH, sadly, there aren't many these days.
    I just noticed you are doing a mix of AA/HA, in that case perhaps it's better to get a sky demon's pearl for the +5% hp (and 7~8 str is not bad either!)

just random ideas that come to mind XD

Yes! Well..tha aa/ha random is just for now (Maybe it will be endgame too, idk.) I gotta eat now, but thanks for the help!
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    TBH i think if you want to make a special build, it is not so much to ask that you can think of the stats yourself.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I may have missed it buy it said nothing about statting from level 1 upwards.

That's because, as Potatohead said, you need more stat points than you earn, and have to make it up with +stat items, use -req items, let armor or weapon lag your level, or some combination of the above. The realities of heavy armor caster requirements:

3 mag/level for magic weapon
    2.5 str/level for heavy armor
    .5 dex/level for heavy armor

That's a total of 6 stat points per level, where you're only earning 5. Up to level 20 it's no big deal, the gear stat requirements are low enough you can equip it all with careful planning, but after that the deficit starts to bite, and +stat items aren't common enough to make up the difference until the 90s.

I've leveled a heavy veno from level 1 to 101, and from 20 up into my 80s I was mostly using -req armor, supplemented with whatever +stat items I could scrounge, and my armor was still lagging a couple levels.

Because of the stat deficit you build your character around the gear you accumulate, not to any set so many points per level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's because, as Potatohead said, you need more stat points than you earn, and have to make it up with +stat items, use -req items, let armor or weapon lag your level, or some combination of the above. The realities of heavy armor caster requirements:

3 mag/level for magic weapon
    2.5 str/level for heavy armor
    .5 dex/level for heavy armor

That's a total of 6 stat points per level, where you're only earning 5. Up to level 20 it's no big deal, the gear stat requirements are low enough you can equip it all with careful planning, but after that the deficit starts to bite, and +stat items aren't common enough to make up the difference until the 90s.

I've leveled a heavy veno from level 1 to 101, and from 20 up into my 80s I was mostly using -req armor, supplemented with whatever +stat items I could scrounge, and my armor was still lagging a couple levels.

Because of the stat deficit you build your character around the gear you accumulate, not to any set so many points per level.

Mayfly has said pretty much all i would say, I too was HA from level one. As it has been said to wear up to date armour and weapon you will need to have increased your stats 6 points per level out of a possible 5. At mid levels (around 70+ when you can start using TT gear) you will find you may be lacking in stat points and will need to make a decision to either get up to date weapon or up to date armour. I went armour first for survivability and was only ever around 5 levels behind gettting the weapon for my level bracket. You could also do weapon first, either way I would recommend refining weapon well at later levels.

I never used -requirement gear and instead looked for +stat gear to make up the difference. If you are looking to stat from a low level I would recommend getting some demon panther rings as they give +3/4 or each str/dex/mag. Get a nice +mag/str tome and look for nice 3* ornaments with +stats (elemental with a bonus of -chan if you can find a really good one).

At 90+ things are easier I was lucky to find a ring in the AH with +16 magic on it. At 100+ you will have more than enough stat points for all gear, G16 nivana gives plenty of +stats on the helm and cape. At 101 I was able to use up to date armour and equip r9 weapon. I have since upgraded to emperor tome and sitting at around 440mag, 300 str and 60 dex. Once I got the tome I restat a lot back into magic however if I had wanted to I could have restat some to dex and gone full HA nivana, r99 weapon and also able to wear a purge pole for laughs but I choose not to b:thanks

Edit: In terms of a guide as to stat points per level, as I have said to all people that have ask me I never followed a guide. It all depends on the equipment you are able to pick up at the time. I have used a number of restat notes at later levels to get the build as efficient as can be, you will want to go down to 3 vit if able to. Another option is to level the toon the normal way in AA, then at 100 restat the points to what you need for strength and dex for your end game gear.
    edited August 2013
    Get a nice +mag/str tome

I don't think that there is a mag/str tome, typically it's (str/mag/dex)+vit until you go to the ones that are bellow pangu and they have all stats
  • Hezekia - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2013
    I don't think that there is a mag/str tome, typically it's (str/mag/dex)+vit until you go to the ones that are bellow pangu and they have all stats

I was getting a Voidlands until i can afford a Pan Gu
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Sorry for the confusion, meant str or mag tome