New to Cleric-really need some help

freakiie1
freakiie1 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Cleric
Hi all.

I am new to the cleric class and pretty new to PWI in general, so I apologize if this question is nooby.

I have no plan on going for r9 gears. I have no idea how to make TT99 gold gear into g16, or which TT99 and g16 gears I actually need to use at endgame. Can anyone explain this to me, or give me an example of which gears a cleric should be using?

Also, I currently have dreamchaser gear up to level 40. What do I want to be using gear-wise from 40-90? And Until what level is the 40 dreamchaser gear acceptable to wear?

Thanks in advance b:bye
Post edited by freakiie1 on

Comments

• Zero_Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Zero_Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    TT99 gold needs to be turned into Nirvana G13 gear, then G15 gear before it can finally be turned into Grade 16.

But you have a long path ahead of you until then.

You can check out the mats you need for Nirvana at the Nirvana forges near Raging Tide.

Pay special attention to which weapon you choose, as your G15 weapon will determine your G16 weapon. I think.

+ Going from TT99 to G13 is 100 Rapture Crystals for weapon, 100 Uncanny Crystals for each piece of armor, including hat and cape.
    + Going from G13 to G15 (G14 is apparently R8 gear, and is skipped) is 150 Raptures for weapon, 150 Uncannies for armor.

(This is a total of 550 Nation War tokens; 300 for the armor only, including hat and cape.)

You also need Lv6 Blacksmith and Tailor skills for making TT99, although I'm not sure about Nirvy gear. G16 gear doesn't need crafting levels to make, I believe.

Also, using TT99 as your "base" for G16 gear means that it is bound to your account. If you want unbound G16 gear, then consider getting Lunar gear--which requires a few more steps and is also more expensive.

-

The mats for G16 are at Warsong. Talk to Dancing Melody NPC to warp in and check the forges there.

+ Basic Badges are accrued inside Warsong. I think you only get them after defeating the bosses, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
    + Essence of Offense (x1 for weapon) and Defense (x1 for each armor, except hat and cape, I think) are acquired in Lunar Glade (I think).
    + I have no idea about the molds. I think Lunar bosses drop them, too, but I really don't know. Warsong bosses definitely drop them, but I think all the bosses drop specific weapon/armor parts.

I am not 100% sure on much of this, so hopefully someone more experienced will correct me.

-

You can probably get away with using Dreamchaser gear until your TT60 weapon.

In the 70s, you will definitely want to get mold gear:
    +Lv70 Dark Pants of Hades
    +Lv77 Steppenwolf Lord's Cape
    +Lv77 Sleeves of the Sea Captain

You might not care for the sleeves or top. In that case, try finding 3* Genesis gear in AH, with pdef or HP adds. I wouldn't recommend either TT70 or TT80, unless it is TT80 gold--and, either way, I'd recommend saving your coin for G16.

Also, if you're going to be FCing in your late 7xs, you need at least 3k HP!

-

In the late 80s, you can get the pdef neck, Sky Demon's Pearl.

The FC belts are also pretty nice: Vibrant Jade and Vibrant Jade: Order. They can get pretty pricey though. :/

-

In the 90s, TT90 will be needed to craft TT99. The TT90 boots and sleeves aren't the greatest (and, arguably, neither is the top). Try to get 5k HP by your 90s.

You can try looking in AH for Lv90 Fearless Blaze sleeves with good pdef/HP adds. Rarely do people sell Unchained Sorrow, the Lv92 OHT boots. I had to make my boots myself.

Doing the Old Heaven's Tear daily at Lv90 gives you Heaven's Tear x4, which can be used to craft OHT gears.

Also, keep a look out for decent Lv94 Dream of Reality magic rings. I'd say to keep rings with HP and magic adds.

If you want to replace your TT90 top with a better one, you can try the Lv96 Cape of Underworld Slayer.

-

Uh... I may have gone into a little too much detail. :/ But I think I answered all your questions, even if some of them may not be correct.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi Peripoochan! \o/
    You also need Lv6 Blacksmith and Tailor skills for making TT99, although I'm not sure about Nirvy gear. G16 gear doesn't need crafting levels to make, I believe.

Slight correction, you actually need level 7 manufacturing skills to make tt99 gold. Nirvana requires level 6.

EDIT: Palindrome post, yay!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    TT99 gold needs to be turned into Nirvana G13 gear, then G15 gear before it can finally be turned into Grade 16.

while that's true for the weapon, the armor is g15 even from the first cast XD
    not that it really matters :b
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Zero_Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Zero_Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    while that's true for the weapon, the armor is g15 even from the first cast XD
    not that it really matters :b

I've never understood the terminology that arose after Nirvana was implemented. :(

So, you're saying that when you go from TT99 to Nirvana, it's G15, not G13...?

EDIT: And hi, Decus! :3

And why am I Lv91 here? e.e
  • Telapak - Heavens Tear
    Telapak - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've never understood the terminology that arose after Nirvana was implemented. :(

EDIT: And hi, Decus! :3

And why am I Lv91 here? e.e

When you first "cast" a tt99 gold armor piece into a nirvana armor piece, the crafted armor will be grade 15.This only applies for the armor pieces. i.e. Nirvana s1 weapon is grade 13 but Nirvana s1 armor is grade 15
    edited August 2013

When you first "cast" a tt99 gold armor piece into a nirvana armor piece, the crafted armor will be grade 15.This only applies for the armor pieces. i.e. Nirvana s1 weapon is grade 13 but Nirvana s1 armor is grade 15

pretty much this ^
    also, to further complicate things, it doesn't really matter that the first cast weapon grade is g13 since it refines exactly as the g15 version (and better than the g14 rank weapons). Might have been an error in assigning grades although grade is not really what decides the refines e.g. g16 nirvy weapon refines better than g16 warsoul
  • PlsStahp - Sanctuary
    PlsStahp - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    New to cleric?

Step 1: dont fcc powerlevel it too much

Step 2: participate in moar BHs

Step 3: warn people if you are new in that instance

Step 4: always ask questions. Dont be afraid of failure

Step 5: get essential skills maxed out. Dont hit lvl 100 without BB, rez, purify and a lvl 1 ironheart

Step 6: if you have a main, dual client your cleric to TT/Fcc to get some experience on how the class works

Step 7: most important demon/sage skill to get is revive. (we all hate a lvl 100 cleric without them)

Step 8: i cannot stress this enough. LEARN TO READ YOUR SKILLS.

This is my perspective after playing a full support demon cleric intended for private use.
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Step 5: get essential skills maxed out. Dont hit lvl 100 without BB, rez, purify and a lvl 1 ironheart

Step 7: most important demon/sage skill to get is revive. (we all hate a lvl 100 cleric without them)

about step 5: a cleric can heal just fine using only 4 heals. Chromatic, bb, ironheart and wellspring on rotation depending on the situation.

about step 7: the least important demon/sage skill to get is revive. l regret the day l learned it. l regret the day l told someone else l have sage rez. After a squad wipe, no one else goes back to town with the cleric because no one wants to lose exp. l've had squads refuse mystic buffs because rez saves more exp.

The most important sage skill to have is ironheart. The most important demon skill to have is SOR.
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*
    edited September 2013

LOL I don't even care about the cleric's res level (ok, no reason not to get 10 but even 8 is fine w/e).
    the main reason to get demon/sage is chan/range; if that isn't that important to you, saving someones tiny bit of exp shouldn't concern you.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    about step 7: the least important demon/sage skill to get is revive. l regret the day l learned it. l regret the day l told someone else l have sage rez. After a squad wipe, no one else goes back to town with the cleric because no one wants to lose exp. l've had squads refuse mystic buffs because rez saves more exp.

The most important sage skill to have is ironheart. The most important demon skill to have is SOR.

iirc correctly, a lvl 11 revive will overwrite the exp loss from a ressurect of any level. You just need to pay attention to whether cleric has targetted and cast their revive on you since it will give you the option to stand up either way. Why does it matter if people stand up or not with you? You don't need someone to hold your hand as you walk back and you should be carrying rez scrolls anyways. For this same reason, the convenience of a fast revive like demon should have influenced your choice of important demon skills.

Having lvl 11 revive for the xp loss is kind of a courtesy thing. I personally left my cleric at lvl 89 until I could afford lvl 11 revive because I wanted to be courteous to my squads and be known as a cleric that offers that. It's optional and feel free to ignore anyone who is going to cry about .1% xp loss, but its still nice to offer your squads. Buffs and heals are also nice to offer your squad and they're important, too.

Demon revive offers something practical, also. A 4 seconds revive instead of a 7 second makes a huge difference in healing a tank when someone goes down. Demon revive, purify, and IH all have my votes for most important demon skills long before SoR. SoR's channeling 99% of the time is too slow to be any practical use. It does give a huge heal but if you need to heal someone 12k hp then you've done something wrong. SoR also has a baby stack, weaker than IH (although the overall heal is greater) so they're not as supported after the heal. It's a very rare occasion when I throw on SoR and it's usually because someone is pulling all physical and they also already have an IH stack, or because I'm the second cleric and I'm boosting a squishy tank like a sin at metal boss.

My vote for most important sage skill would be IH or Vanguard for similar reasons. In pk the sage seals might be most important, as well as Plume Shell.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The famous revive...

Personally I regret that I bought revive lvl11 sage, 20m wasted for idiots that run everywhere dying.

I don't regret my demon one, for the fact that in TW it does save me a lot of time.

In PVE if you are a good cleric you will be able to save people from dying and won't need to revive that much.

Coming back in past I would let my revive lvl1 on my sage cleric, not even joking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Demon res is ****ing god for pvp. idgaf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Demon res is ****ing god for pvp. idgaf.

b:laugh

Kill opponent. Offer revive. Kill again. Offer revive and see if they're really as dumb as you think they are...
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sage rez looks more the equal of demon the better your -channeling gets. In TW, I'm not likely to rez as *fast* persay, but in actual scenarios, I'll probably get the person rezzed at the same time as a demon cleric. Who are the ones who tend to die first in my tw squad? The ones at the edge of the group, closest to the enemy. Where am I? Hopefully towards the middle/back of my group. If they died in the first place, chances are they were out of my heal range to begin with. But rarely are they outside the 40 meters of sage revive. That means I usually don't have to move to begin sage rez. If we factor in all the times you have to run to rez somebody as a demon, that time needs to be compared against sage rez where you start rezzing right away.

Demon rez is the clear winner when multiple allies die around you though. Though if you remember to target yourself first and magic shell, you can shave off a few seconds when rezzing 2 or more people, as long as you do some fast click targetting.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    SoR also has a baby stack, weaker than IH (although the overall heal is greater) so they're not as supported after the heal. It's a very rare occasion when I throw on SoR and it's usually because someone is pulling all physical and they also already have an IH stack, or because I'm the second cleric and I'm boosting a squishy tank like a sin at metal boss.

My vote for most important sage skill would be IH or Vanguard for similar reasons. In pk the sage seals might be most important, as well as Plume Shell.

I thought that an SoR's Heal over time effect would over-write an IHB heal over time stack completely? I might be wrong, but I've heard clerics complain in the past about another cleric using SoR while they were IH'ing - and it overwrote their stack of heals.. Since I've heard this, when I play my own cleric alt, I tend to use wellspring surge for a block heal when the person already has a stack of IH on them, as I don't want to overwrite a strong stack. In terms of dual client macro healing myself - I stick to a loop of purify followed by alternating IH and Wellspring in the rest of the slots. This works just fine for me in cases where BB isn't practical due to close range interrupts. On the other hand, if I'm being a main healer and aggro swaps a lot - I tend to SoR on whoever grabs the aggro, and follow it up with IH afterwards. Of course, this depends on them living long enough for an SoR to land. If they can't I don't think they should be tanking/pulling aggro anyway since it takes a bit for IH stacks to build up to recovering what an SoR can in that amount of time. However, once the stacks are running - the IH is indeed stronger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sage rez looks more the equal of demon the better your -channeling gets. In TW, I'm not likely to rez as *fast* persay, but in actual scenarios, I'll probably get the person rezzed at the same time as a demon cleric. Who are the ones who tend to die first in my tw squad? The ones at the edge of the group, closest to the enemy. Where am I? Hopefully towards the middle/back of my group. If they died in the first place, chances are they were out of my heal range to begin with. But rarely are they outside the 40 meters of sage revive. That means I usually don't have to move to begin sage rez. If we factor in all the times you have to run to rez somebody as a demon, that time needs to be compared against sage rez where you start rezzing right away.

Demon rez is the clear winner when multiple allies die around you though. Though if you remember to target yourself first and magic shell, you can shave off a few seconds when rezzing 2 or more people, as long as you do some fast click targetting.

Unless you use chan ornaments and chan stuff I don't see how that happen, in TW on my sage cleric I use Magic Shell, than start to revive and I see a demon start to revive after me and finish before me, in TW on sage I did give up on reviving people, demon ninja revive even when they do the skill after I started mine.

That don't happen on my demon cleric and they share the same gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Still can't deny the range of Sage Revive in useful in certain situations in TW like Aeliah described and I can talk from experience too although it's been forever ago since last time I did TW on my Cleric (being executor in one doesn't allow me to join other faction).
    I still prefer Demon though for most situations but Sage is not something not to be considered.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Sage rez looks more the equal of demon the better your -channeling gets. In TW, I'm not likely to rez as *fast* persay, but in actual scenarios, I'll probably get the person rezzed at the same time as a demon cleric. Who are the ones who tend to die first in my tw squad? The ones at the edge of the group, closest to the enemy. Where am I? Hopefully towards the middle/back of my group. If they died in the first place, chances are they were out of my heal range to begin with. But rarely are they outside the 40 meters of sage revive.

Who is more likely to die, the cleric who is wearing def gear or the cleric who is wearing -channeling gear in TW? Besides, archers get a 39m range so even with sage rez you are either still in range of enemies or have to move just like a demon would.

Besides, IH range-28m. Purify range-28m. Rez range-28m. I pretty much need to be within 28m (I know, going back and forth based on ally and ememy positions) to do any good anyways. Trust me, I'm the first to go "hmm, sage rez ACTUALLY would have helped here." =P
  • PlsStahp - Sanctuary
    PlsStahp - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Demon rez is luv, demon rez is lyfe

Any level 11rez is nice. That 0.1 % exp loss can mean a 1m loss in exp (** my math) at later levels and i would be pissed if the cleric didnt have it.

I dont care what you all say but clerics should put a level 11 res under their priority list. (a good investment should your main die somewhere)

Its not like 20m isnt easy to get nowadays. Just milk your jolly alts! Its gonna be so worth it after getting the essential lvl 11 skills of a cleric.

Hmm i wonder how much demon IH costs on sanc...
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No no, I'm talking about my -channeling from having great r9rr stats, lol. -14 from weapon, -5 from leggings, -6 set bonus, -6 wrists. My channeling is still decent even without two magic rings in.

Really though, it depends a lot on your squad dynamic as to whether or not sage or demon rez is more useful. The more melee-heavy your tw squad is, the more sage rez helps, since the places they'll be dying (thinking barbs, bms, assassins, sometimes seekers) will be in the thick of the enemy. Now, you are saying, why rez them at all? Won't they die upon rezzing? The interesting thing is, often times they won't. The enemy is too busy looking at other stuff, and if they are decently tanky, they can often make it behind the rest of my squad for rebuffs. The really useful thing about rezzing these guys is that I can rebuff them right away. Hands down the biggest time waste for a cleric is trying to figure out, in a ten person squad, who is close enough to heal and who is too far away.

Archers using galvanic aura? No, wait, sage archers using it? Lol, sometimes maybe. Most archers seem to distain it, despite my arguments that its a great skill. Their loss. Point being, usually I'm not hit with galvanic aura-d archers.

Yeah demon rez is hands down winner for close-by people though.

Regarding -channel gear and rez.... in theory, just think about it. In theory, I could stop being a normal heal cleric, and be just a rez cleric. Once I find a -12% neck I'll have -99% channeling with magic shell in, in my -channel gearset, which isn't even a particularly good one (I'm -93 atm with not a single piece above -6%). Think about it: rez anybody in 40 meters within 2 seconds for the first rez, and 1 second for all others. Rez an entire squad inside of 10 seconds. Could be pretty cool... course it does rely kinda heavily on having r9rr armor so not just anybody could do this though. But the principle of it is an interesting idea. Set up a rez hotline, where anybody who needs rez whispers you, and you pluck their name off of T menu. We'd have a zombie apocalypse on our hands lol.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Misturo - Sanctuary
    Misturo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well I personally dont care for the channeling as a cleric.. Like some people here seem to. Like, why would I bother getting an Elemental necklace and belt for a class that actually needs the physical defense? They're just squishy without good gears then. I stick with my G16 cleric with noob belt for now and Cube necklace. (Both protection)

Oh and shes sage, because I prefer healing over attacking.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Won't they die upon rezzing? The interesting thing is, often times they won't. The enemy is too busy looking at other stuff, and if they are decently tanky, they can often make it behind the rest of my squad for rebuffs. The really useful thing about rezzing these guys is that I can rebuff them right away. Hands down the biggest time waste for a cleric is trying to figure out, in a ten person squad, who is close enough to heal and who is too far away.

Regarding -channel gear and rez.... Rez an entire squad inside of 10 seconds.

We'd have a zombie apocalypse on our hands lol.

Lol. All that, sans the cooldown time =/ But I like the idea b:chuckle

In both factions I TW with, being rezzed and having that gold aura followed by the worlds longest seal is like a highlighted character. Its about as obvious as a wizzy setting up DB or a BM HFing. Everyone withing 60m seems to see it and go straight for you before you're buffed. Normally the technique is either give them the rez and then push your faction forward and then they stand up once you've claimed the land somewhat, or maybe they're just rezzing and running around for a while to soak up some enemy fire so a living factionmate isn't getting hit. Either way, any rebuffing is again, 28m. You'll need to be close to support the person you rezzed, although I couldn't agree more that the biggest waste of time for a TW cleric is finding who's close enough to help.

Regarding channeling gear... You've probably seen FaceRolls TW video about "trueform of channeling" but that really is just insane. Most (almost no one) is there to that point. To me a cleric in -channeling gear in TW is about as logical as a BM throwing on -channeling for faster HFs then swapping out again. I believe in absolute threshold (minimum noticeable change) and for most people its around .2-.3 and for a few freaks its .15 seconds. This means for a 1 second channeling skill we really won't notice a perceivable difference except in steps of -20% channling. People who get -3, -6, or even -18 channeling and "notice" it really are just experiencing the placebo effect of knowing they have more channeling.

But then again, I'm kind of coming around to like a bit of -channeling. You responded on another post where I mentioned I'm getting rapped in TW mostly by archer and casters. It surprised me that an AA class like myself was still being hit by 6-15k by some casters even though I'm full G16. I thought I might use one -channeling ornie and refine it up for the mdef and have the added benefit of slightly faster heals but you advised stick with pdef.