PWi we NEED dreamChaser PACKS!

Options

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Nothing? So you never noticed the two necklaces with a slew of +xp% on them? Or are you saying the xp bonus doesn't help people level?

It's not needed, if someone cannot lvl without that than he have a problem.

The bonus for Dreamchasers isn't only the XP.. but the buff pills as well. Since there hasn't been a Sky Flame Festival event since I've been back, they're especially useful.

Just ask people to buff you if you can't quest without buffs. Useful? Are you sure we speak about PWI? Questing for low lvl is so easy, just get a Jone's blessing and you will one shots all mobs at lvl 1-30.

That said you joined the forum in 2009, but doesn't seems like you play since 2009 or you would know that it's a joke to lvl these days even without the dreamchaser pack. In 2009 we didn't had Jone's and O'malley, no BH, no reflection shards and all those easy new quests.

The pack is nice, but not needed. Everyone that play since over a year did lvl without that pack without any issue, new people should be able to do the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    That said you joined the forum in 2009, but doesn't seems like you play since 2009 or you would know that it's a joke to lvl these days even without the dreamchaser pack. In 2009 we didn't had Jone's and O'malley, no BH, no reflection shards and all those easy new quests.

The pack is nice, but not needed. Everyone that play since over a year did lvl without that pack without any issue, new people should be able to do the same.
    Before wondering if someone played in 2009 you should probably get your facts straight first.

Otherwise your post is full of awkward platitudes that serve no logical basis in this discussion.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Before wondering if someone played in 2009 you should probably get your facts straight first.

Otherwise your post is full of awkward platitudes that serve no logical basis in this discussion.

You just pointed out a small mistake so you didn't have to admit she's actually right...
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You just pointed out a small mistake so you didn't have to admit she's actually right...

Plus for the early half of 2009 we really didn't have BH and all that, so she is right or a certain time period.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • MerLeah - Archosaur
    MerLeah - Archosaur Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    b:surrender Back then we dont even have Hyper Stone either b:sad those lvling ways of using EXP scroll b:shocked was taken forever to lvl a toon.
    MerLeah - 102 Venomancer (kittie purrge) - Archosaur
    ||CupCake|| - 105 Assassin (slice 'n dice) - Archosaur
    Princella - 101 Cleric (heal's da noob) - Sanctuary
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12787492002&dateline=1316071878[/SIGPIC]
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Plus for the early half of 2009 we really didn't have BH and all that, so she is right or a certain time period.

I think jones blessings were introduced in 2009 also as an anniversary reward.
    lol if somebody started started playing in the latter half of 2009, his face will be like this when hearing bella's statements b:puzzled
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You can say I'm wrong as much as you want, but point is dreamchaser pack or supply stash is not needed to lvl up fast.

Just buy FC rooms. LOLOLL.... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2013
    Options
    Uh, no, try again -- most of it's response is aimed at the OP (those assertions they are arguing were never made by me) while telling me about how long I've played while serving up platitudes and hilariously getting it wrong about BH not being there in 2009. Your post was just as insightful as theirs.
    OPKossy wrote: »
    They never specified a time period in 2009, they just said 2009, so.. no, they're not right. And that's not the only thing they're incorrect about either, which makes their spiel about my playing time and this superior attitude all the more comical. b:cute

It's very clear Dreamchaser's have a substantial benefit to leveling, which I already detailed in a prior post, that was furthered by others who know what they're talking about. One agreeing with the OP of the beneficial factor is not seconding the notion that we must have it or can't level. That I have to even state such an obvious point (in response to the inanity of retorts to my posts) is a reiteration of how the collective IQ of these forums sunk since I last frequented them.
    You can say I'm wrong as much as you want, but point is dreamchaser pack or supply stash is not needed to lvl up fast.

Why would I need to buy them when I sell them?

If you're going to go out of your way to try and demean someone, you should probably have the intelligence of something more than a driveway rock.
    edited August 2013
    Options
    They never specified a time period in 2009, they just said 2009, so.. no, they're not right. And that's not the only thing they're incorrect about either

Okay you want specific dates?

BH release: august 5 2009

Jones's release: June 17 2010

Want one more?

Genies's realease: May 12 2009

So yes at some point in 2009 people didn't had jones's, genie and bh...

EDIT: When I said in 2009, I did not mean the whole of 2009, but in the way that earlier in game people didn't had everything we have now.

You try to make me look like a idiot while you are the one that didn't understood my post.

If you did understood the meaning of my post you would have not focus on a stupid date/year, but on the fact that it was meant to say that today people have a lot of things to help them to level without need the dreamchaser pack.

By focusing on a date you just prove that you was out of arguments to try prove dreamchaser pack is needed to lvl fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

lol after all these bashes from old experienced players, maybe another potential new player has left . You compared a new player with yourself, you know how to do quests and how to get/make weapons, the new player should be clueless. Sure they have the timed stash weapon for what 2 days or so? When they log in after 3 days the weap is gone lol, then buy an overpriced legendary weap?

And telling em to buy fcc and calling em fcc babies after is cheap XD b:bye
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Okay you want specific dates?

BH release: august 5 2009

Jones's release: June 17 2010

Want one more?

Genies's realease: May 12 2009

So yes at some point in 2009 people didn't had jones's, genie and bh...
    I've got news for you, while you decry that back then we had no Jones or O'Malley's, we had a Dominance blessing for instances which was effectively similar to an O'Malley. I suppose you forgot the point of you mentioning these blessings in the first place for this horrific and fruitless attempts at one upsmanship.

At this point this topic has become about you trying to save face.
    lol after all these bashes from old experienced players, maybe another potential new player has left . You compared a new player with yourself, you know how to do quests and how to get/make weapons, the new player should be clueless. Sure they have the timed stash weapon for what 2 days or so? When they log in after 3 days the weap is gone lol, then buy an overpriced legendary weap?

This poster has essentially used this topic to bash others from the onset in (what looks like a rather feeble) attempt to feel better about themselves in a video game, which points to a fragile self esteem. If their achievements were so great they wouldn't feel the need to brag to new people on the forums, but likely no one on their PVP server cares about their PVE accomplishments, so they need a pick me up wherever they can find one.
    edited August 2013
    Options

We all started clueless. The difference is people starting to play today have way much more resources than older players had. (money and exp resources)

I didn't suggest to the new players to buy FC room, that reply was for Janus, since he claim it's hard to level without dreamchaser packs.
    blablabla...

When I said in 2009, I did not mean the whole of 2009, but in the way that earlier in game people didn't had everything we have now.

You try to make me look like a idiot while you are the one that didn't understood my post.

If you did understood the meaning of my post you would have not focus on a stupid date/year, but on the fact that it was meant to say that today people have a lot of things to help them to level without need the dreamchaser pack.

By focusing on a date you just prove that you was out of arguments to try prove dreamchaser pack is needed to lvl fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Ahh the entitlement crowd. Gimmee, gimmee, gimmee. This game's playerbase has the collective I.Q. of over cooked vegetables on a Chinese buffet hot-plate.

You don't "need" the pack. And what box are you referring to that they took out? You can level just fine without the Dreamchaser pack. Besides that, if you spend some real money, one of the charge rewards was a Dreamchaser pack.

LOL @ I.Q. of over cooked vegetables on a Chinese buffet hot-plate. I laughed for days because of how accurate that is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    We all started clueless. The difference is people starting to play today have way much more resources than older players had. (money and exp resources)

I didn't suggest to the new players to buy FC room, that reply was for Janus, since he claim it's hard to level without dreamchaser packs.

When I said in 2009, I did not mean the whole of 2009, but in the way that earlier in game people didn't had everything we have now.

Of course you are right. And Janus? Don't take him seriously. The best thing is to ignore him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Of course you are right. And Janus? Don't take him seriously. The best thing is to ignore him.
    RQ'ing PWI on your BM now?

LOL it was you who focused on when I joined and started on about join dates. And if you want to be pedantic, it's pretty dumb to be so non-specific and vague about dates while being a pedant isn't it?

And you're responding to a post that said how helpful that XP is, not in your quoted absolutist straw man sense where it's essential to level.. so you effectively said the same thing I did here except you decided to insult me about when I joined. The stupidity is amazing. You may continue backpedaling.
  • MerLeah - Archosaur
    MerLeah - Archosaur Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    b:laugh i lauged reading this thread b:victory keep it up it's more interesting topic hahahaha
    MerLeah - 102 Venomancer (kittie purrge) - Archosaur
    ||CupCake|| - 105 Assassin (slice 'n dice) - Archosaur
    Princella - 101 Cleric (heal's da noob) - Sanctuary
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12787492002&dateline=1316071878[/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Okay, let's not turn this into a flamewar.

I'm gonna second the opinion that while dreamchaser packers are kick-butt, they are not necessary for leveling. I do however, completely and totally understand why you would want them.

People like to throw out in 2008 or 2009 that people didn't have those things but you know what you did have?

Regular Zen squads and then...
    Regular BH squads
    The ability to find good, blue named 3 star gear in the auction house if you could not afford molds. And plenty of ready made legendary gear.
    the ability to form a perma farming squad for money doing TT, nowadays having to split with them kills most of the profit since prices are so low thanks to aps farmers. And when you factor in opportunity costs, it is far too expensive to be worth doing on your own. You are better off using any money you can get by doing things like JJ or dq farming, and buying FC to level out of it.
    Other people to play with
    FB was fun and profitable, since you got to keep the mold. It was something looked forward to, notch on your belt. Rather than something you just want to get over with, or skip entirely.
    low gold prices

I would take leveling in 2009 over leveling 2013 any day. It might be easier to level, but that's only because being below level 100 is such a lonely experience for so many people that if they don't put in some mechanism to rush you out of it, chances are many people will quit entirely.

I see so many people nowadays claim the game is dead, and 2009 was so much better. While at the same time telling lowbies that things should not be improved to fix their problems and that they should have to suffer through outdated content alone, as if any of them ever did such a thing. Dreamchasers weren't around because they were was nothing to compensate for, there were plenty of things to do, and plenty of people to meet. That isn't true anymore.

"Let them eat oracles!"

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Okay, let's not turn this into a flamewar.

I'm gonna second the opinion that while dreamchaser packers are kick-butt, they are not necessary for leveling. I do however, completely and totally understand why you would want them.

People like to throw out in 2008 or 2009 that people didn't have those things but you know what you did have?

Regular Zen squads and then...
    Regular BH squads
    The ability to find good, blue named 3 star gear in the auction house if you could not afford molds. And plenty of ready made legendary gear.
    the ability to form a perma farming squad for money doing TT, nowadays having to split with them kills most of the profit since prices are so low thanks to aps farmers. And when you factor in opportunity costs, it is far too expensive to be worth doing on your own. You are better off using any money you can get by doing things like JJ or dq farming, and buying FC to level out of it.
    Other people to play with
    FB was fun and profitable, since you got to keep the mold. It was something looked forward to, notch on your belt. Rather than something you just want to get over with, or skip entirely.
    low gold prices

I would take leveling in 2009 over leveling 2013 any day. It might be easier to level, but that's only because being below level 100 is such a lonely experience for so many people that if they don't put in some mechanism to rush you out of it, chances are many people will quit entirely.

I see so many people nowadays claim the game is dead, and 2009 was so much better. While at the same time telling lowbies that things should not be improved to fix their problems and that they should have to suffer through outdated content alone, as if any of them ever did such a thing. Dreamchasers weren't around because they were was nothing to compensate for, there were plenty of things to do, and plenty of people to meet. That isn't true anymore.

"Let them eat oracles!"

Well said, Venus. I believe that people tend to throw the "you have it so EASY now!" argument to counterargue those who feel entitled to things like Dreamchaser Packs, but some won't see that its only part of what's become literally necessary to 'keep up' with the general pace of PWI as of how it is now.

Lower levels = lonely. I couldn't agree with you more.
    edited August 2013
    Options

I agree, I do miss the old times where people was questing to level, when people at level 30-40 was out of quests and was grinding mobs for exp.

A lot of people did call me stupid for loving questing, but I do love that.

I remember when I started playing and was walking outside Etherblade and was amaze how it was beautiful and was doing all the quest there and when I was checking the map I was exited to see other big cities, I did all my quests at Arch. I got a faction, the leader was lvl55 and I was so impresss by that high lvl. When I needed a boss and he was coming help that was like WOW. We was helping each other to quest, do culti. We liked to lvl, but wasn't obsess with it, we had fun questing and just chilling, we was crafting gears/weap/orn with mats like glue, coal etc and USING those gears til lvl60 where we was using 3stars.

But now people do 2 quests and are already lvl20, than older players tell them to only do culti (yellow quests) and to don't bother with the rest. After culti the person is easy lvl35 so they do crazy stones and reflection, than without any bh in 1-2 day the person is level 50, than after that they will do BH that lvl100 people will come solo in 5minutes, the player is all impress and want to lvl fastttt so he can do it too, by lvl 65-70 it become harder to lvl only with quest and bh, it's when those people hear about FC and will use the money they earned in FC room...

People now want to lvl fast, they don't realize that they skip the best part and also don't acquire the experience they should at playing their class.

Do PWI need to do something to get new players? Absolutely, but giving them a power boost at low lvl is not the solution, new players don't give up at lvl20-30, they give up at lvl50-60 when they see lvl102 R9rr+10 solo their BH than they become excited and ask in how long he can get that and get a answer like ''Oh took me 3 years to farm those gears or you can c$ thousand of $$$ for it''...

Imagine you are new in a game, everything impress you and you get tell that it will take you years to get that, would you want to stay even if they give you 1 dreamchaser packs? Probably not. Maybe some people that prefer PVE stuff will stay when they realize R9 is not needed for PVE, but peolpe that came for the PVP side and TW, will just leave.

PWI need to stop to release new better gears, that make the end game to far to reach for the new players.

It's not the lvl1-50 that is hard, it's lvl50+ when they realize that they will need a lot of time in farming or a lot real money to reach what we old players have.

I do think the dreamchaser packs are no needed, but I do think that by now they should give one for each new char created, but than peolpe will stop to check PWI on FB so less publicity for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    PWI need to stop to release new better gears, that make the end game to far to reach for the new players.

I don't think that that would make endgame easier to reach, on the contrary it might be harder.

why? let's say that we have a gear freeze to g15 nirvy so like...3 years ago? today, I'd probably be full g15+12* josd or something instead of giving up my g15 gear to get g16+8 with flawless, essentially reseting the ground, since now g15 is pretty cheap compared to the 200m g13 weapon.

essentially, having static gear will enforce a hierarchy directly related to how long you played till you reach a cap (after getting g15+12 you'd be at max gear); at that point there will literally be nothing to do in the game to improve your char's build, while releasing new gear sets that either don't require the previous step or making the previous step cheap is a way for new players to catch up.

*ok, we had the warsoul but the cost was like 6bil so ewww.
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I don't think that that would make endgame easier to reach, on the contrary it might be harder.

why? let's say that we have a gear freeze to g15 nirvy so like...3 years ago? today, I'd probably be full g15+12* josd or something instead of giving up my g15 gear to get g16+8 with flawless, essentially reseting the ground, since now g15 is pretty cheap compared to the 200m g13 weapon.

essentially, having static gear will enforce a hierarchy directly related to how long you played till you reach a cap (after getting g15+12 you'd be at max gear); at that point there will literally be nothing to do in the game to improve your char's build, while releasing new gear sets that either don't require the previous step or making the previous step cheap is a way for new players to catch up.

*ok, we had the warsoul but the cost was like 6bil so ewww.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxszx60ZwGw

Enjoy if you never saw it before. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    i want dreamchaser packs code too. But not for exp necklace, leveling without those necklace now is soo easy. i just roll harshland with new account, but i cant get the code, while on other thread i should get mail of new code when we make new account. i want the flyer, armor and weapon for my veno :)
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

i really like that guy on the video I think I will watch the others lol ty for posting the linkb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I agree, I do miss the old times where people was questing to level, when people at level 30-40 was out of quests and was grinding mobs for exp.

A lot of people did call me stupid for loving questing, but I do love that.

I remember when I started playing and was walking outside Etherblade and was amaze how it was beautiful and was doing all the quest there and when I was checking the map I was exited to see other big cities, I did all my quests at Arch. I got a faction, the leader was lvl55 and I was so impresss by that high lvl. When I needed a boss and he was coming help that was like WOW. We was helping each other to quest, do culti. We liked to lvl, but wasn't obsess with it, we had fun questing and just chilling, we was crafting gears/weap/orn with mats like glue, coal etc and USING those gears til lvl60 where we was using 3stars.

But now people do 2 quests and are already lvl20, than older players tell them to only do culti (yellow quests) and to don't bother with the rest. After culti the person is easy lvl35 so they do crazy stones and reflection, than without any bh in 1-2 day the person is level 50, than after that they will do BH that lvl100 people will come solo in 5minutes, the player is all impress and want to lvl fastttt so he can do it too, by lvl 65-70 it become harder to lvl only with quest and bh, it's when those people hear about FC and will use the money they earned in FC room...

People now want to lvl fast, they don't realize that they skip the best part and also don't acquire the experience they should at playing their class.

Do PWI need to do something to get new players? Absolutely, but giving them a power boost at low lvl is not the solution, new players don't give up at lvl20-30, they give up at lvl50-60 when they see lvl102 R9rr+10 solo their BH than they become excited and ask in how long he can get that and get a answer like ''Oh took me 3 years to farm those gears or you can c$ thousand of $$$ for it''...

Imagine you are new in a game, everything impress you and you get tell that it will take you years to get that, would you want to stay even if they give you 1 dreamchaser packs? Probably not. Maybe some people that prefer PVE stuff will stay when they realize R9 is not needed for PVE, but peolpe that came for the PVP side and TW, will just leave.

It's not the lvl1-50 that is hard, it's lvl50+ when they realize that they will need a lot of time in farming or a lot real money to reach what we old players have.

I do think the dreamchaser packs are no needed, but I do think that by now they should give one for each new char created, but than peolpe will stop to check PWI on FB so less publicity for them.
    "PWI needs to stop releasing better gears and make it easier to achieve end game"

"****ing noobs level too fast"

What an oxymoron.

People used to powerlevel others by zhenning, doing quests for lowbies, then when FF was changed to a pure XP instance, and tokens w/anni packs could buy oracles, people leveled even quicker. People only did quests because they had to and for a while it was amongst the best ways to get XP -- they always follow the easiest route to leveling.

Fantasy nostalgia is certainly no novelty in this game.
  • Heleghir - Raging Tide
    Heleghir - Raging Tide Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Still waiting on pwi to rollback to pre genie mode, and make everyone level without hypers, or packs, or genies, or tokens, or mp/hp food, or really anything that makes the game halfway easy at all.

enjoy doing every daily possible for 1% at level 70 while struggling to finish tt2-x for gears with a full squad b:chuckle
    The people and friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded...never forget them! ~~ Summoner Yuna, FFX

[SIGPIC]NYA~~[/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    "PWI needs to stop releasing better gears and make it easier to achieve end game"

"****ing noobs level too fast"

What an oxymoron.

People used to powerlevel others by zhenning, doing quests for lowbies, then when FF was changed to a pure XP instance, and tokens w/anni packs could buy oracles, people leveled even quicker. People only did quests because they had to and for a while it was amongst the best ways to get XP -- they always follow the easiest route to leveling.

Fantasy nostalgia is certainly no novelty in this game.

In the beginning my preferred lvling method was charms estoricas and being drunk enough to grind all night and not notice how bored is was cause I was jamming to music and not remember it the next morning. I'll be honest It's a wonder I never got banned since I would never notice anything anyone said to me. bet I looked like a bot to a lot of people.

My guild had to text me and make my phone ring to get my attention.

Only real problem was when I'd wander here to the forums when drunk lol.

I gotta admit all the new stuff helped me get back up my old Venos lvl after I took a break and forgot my username and pass and had to remake on RT

I remembered that accounts info one night I went to the bar with my friends go figure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elfenstar2013
    elfenstar2013 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    NO ONE GETS INTO FC UNTIL LEVEL 75 PERIOD. Then most of all this bs will go away.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Dunno what all the fuss is about.
    Leveling low levels has never been that slow.
    I like the DC packs for my JJ alt to get +5 gear and free money from npcing the extra gear n such XD
    But, they're a treat, not something we deserve to have all the time. It'd be kinda horrible if DC packs became like blessings, and you could get 1 every week.
    People get so entitled to things that are essentially bonuses and gifts.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

well yeah, it's a fine balance indeed
    NO ONE GETS INTO FC UNTIL LEVEL 75 PERIOD. Then most of all this bs will go away.

S> seeker zhen 2m/h
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    It always cracks me up when people that plevel'ed, now that they reached a higher level, act like they didn't plevel. lol The dreamchaser packs are cool for the exp neck and breaking the gear down for the pots. Hell I wear that exp neck on my Barb at level 103. It takes forever to get to 104.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm