P.w.i.a

Options
Zanryu - Dreamweaver
Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hello brothers and sisters, my name is Zanryu and this is Perfect World International Anonymous. PWI has become a major addiction for some people and I'm here to help them, and you, break away from it with support and understanding. My story? Well I've been sober for about two months now and though relapse is always a possibility I've been keeping strong and keeping on!

I just want you all to know I'm here for you, and will offer whatever support and advice I can. It can be tough out there, and even tougher coping with an addiction. If anyone would like to join the circle and share, or just sit in and listen to the others and what they've been through, feel free! You're welcome here and we always have an ear open to listen.
Post edited by Zanryu - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I relapsed a few weeks ago :c and I had been doing so well!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I relapsed a few weeks ago :c and I had been doing so well!

Please, share your story with the rest of us. This is a learning experience for everyone and the more we share the more we can get in touch with what our triggers are. This is a safe place where you can be honest friend.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hi Zambie my name is Zheii and I'm a PWI addict...
    I've been addicted for about a year and a half now, I don't know what to do anymore T_T.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Does it work other way around too? I lost interest in pwi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Does it work other way around too? I lost interest in pwi.

It's the pwi syndrome.
    One day, you lose all interest in pwi and curse its very existence. Next day, you're back online.

I've quit and rejoined so many times that I don't bother uninstalling anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2013
    Options
    It's the pwi syndrome.
    One day, you lose all interest in pwi and curse its very existence. Next day, you're back online.

Ditto.

Do they sell a patch for this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hi my name is Templar and i play pwi 24 hours a day soemtime 25 hours and i cant stop.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hey Friends I'm Sizzer i have been playing PWI since Sep 2010 almost 3 years now i have never lost my interest in this game neither i have quit & i don't think i will ever quit.Even after i got **** i didn't loosed my hopes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

Patching (outside of normal updates) would be a violation of terms of service, and since PWE is hardly likely to provide a patch aimed at lessening the amount you play, I'm afraid the answer is a resounding "No."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    It's the pwi syndrome.

Ditto.

The vast majority of people who have quit this game have never looked back... or else we wouldn't be seeing the relatively steep population decline over the last 3 or so years.

But... like everything else in life, you'll always find a minority of hardcore addicts hanging on to the bitter end. b:avoid
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    i quit this game few times , destroyed my high refines few times npc'ed r9 gear and still returned to play....
  • Sassy/ss_ - Sanctuary75
    Sassy/ss_ - Sanctuary75 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hi my name is Templar and i play pwi 24 hours a day soemtime 25 hours and i cant stop.

The sad thing is this is true tempynoob!
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    i quit this game few times , destroyed my high refines few times npc'ed r9 gear and still returned to play....

WTF?b:shocked
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I've played since the spring of 2009. It wasn't hard to let go. You can do it too! :p
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I've played since the spring of 2009. It wasn't hard to let go. You can do it too! :p

I just uninstalled for the first time(not counting when I moved computers). Although a little frightened since I still cannot bring myself to delete my account entirely. >.<
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You realize that by coming to the forums you're just trading one addiction for another, right? b:pleased
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You realize that by coming to the forums you're just trading one addiction for another, right? b:pleased

This one is less time consuming though :O I am getting other things done at the same time.
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    This is the most love & hate relationship I had with a game...

my story:

2008 - started on MY-EN. For the ones that don't know what this is: the now defunct Malaysian server, english version
    2009 - moved to PWI - Dreamweaver when server opened. 1st day. What a fun place to be.
    2010 - April - first time I quit the game. Moved to a new home, some games were in beta then launched so i tried new stuff. I hate subscription model tho...so...
    2010 - October - back to the game. Raise first 5 aps BM.
    2011 - February - quit 2nd time to play other beta games at that point, some very promissing.
    2011 - June - back to PWI. Raised 5 aps sin.
    2011 - September - quit PWI, back to SC2 and another MMO
    2012 - February - back to PWI. Helped a friend to raise his sin so we could farm together.
    2012 - August - friend quits so I quit again. Back to Sc2 full time.
    2013 - March - after what I consider a fail HoTS launch I'm back to PWI and I'm firmly decided to stay as long as game will be on. Raised a full lunar g16 barb. Playing 4 chars now, Sin, Barb, Wiz, BM so I never get bored.Unlike back in 2011 when the only option to make money was aps chars now there's a good possibility to make money on some other classes too. That's what currently keeps me ingame.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    havent login for 3 days in row now, which is my personal record lol, this game been so boring lately.

i become skinnier since the first day i play this game, went down 10 kilos, failed one of my class, having a bad bedtime habit, wasted more than 300$, lost contact with some of pretty gurls cause of PWI, got no time to socialize (even with my own family), wasted so much time on a pixel.

right now i only login for NW and TW pretty much b:laugh
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hello every1 im Fiery

I started playing pwi in september 2008 ( yea i think im crazy too )
    i used to play this game all day every day

Now i havent played in weeks ( only because im playing a legendary game which i cannot say here ) but if i hadnt found the other game id still be playing pwi

Sadly....

PLEASE HELP ME
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Alright everyone, I'd like to thank each of you for sharing your story. Now the first thing we have to learn is admitting there's a problem is the fist step to fixing it. We've all shared our experiences, now it's time to help each other move past.

You guys are doing great so far, are you ready to take the next step?
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I am!
    But I honestly... can't quit, I have responsibilities to my faction, and I've spent so much ****ing money on this silly game >__>.

Truth be told, I haven't logged on since last Sundays tw >_<
    Which is bad, because I haven't been doing BQ, or BH, or or, Cube, or anything D;
    have to log back in today >,>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I do not know if this will help all you who think you are addicts but i assure you this is not true.

Have been playing PC games from the early 1980s and I at times thought that I could not live without my game of the moment, but eventually a new game would come along all shiny and calling my name loudly to play, and after much lamenting I would reluctantly move to the new one.

Somewhere in my dark journey I discovered a truth about myself and others with game addiction, and that is its a state of mind not a state of being. understanding this has not changed my journey though the addictive world of gaming much, but it gives me a light to guide my way knowing that to play PC games is a personal choice and not a decision I have no control over.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hello, my name is Gecko, and I'm a pwi addict. I tried PWI for the first time starting in February 2009. I didn't see the point of it at first, but something kept drawing me back, and before too long I realized I had became an addict. I have managed to force myself off it cold turkey, but I could never manage to keep myself away, and would always relapse in short time. After some life changing events during one of my short periods before a relapse, I decided to try it once again, but with a resolution to prove to myself I could control my urges. Now I play PWI, but in small healthy intervals, managing to keep it from taking over my life again. I have found control, and balance. I can't even understand why I ever fell so far into the depths of addiction to begin with, what the huge appeal to me was. I can see finally weening myself off PWI for good soon.

Pokemon X & Y will probably help with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]