Guide to Best Armors and Weapons for all classes

JessyWolf - Archosaur
JessyWolf - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello Everyone (again) :P
Today im posting a guide for the best armors and the best weapons for all the classes in pwi, for beginners who are not familiar with the game. Your weapon is what you fight with, every class has a specific weapon that their class is meant to use. Your armor, is, well, what like gives you stats that helps your character fight well and do a good amount of damage and so. :D So without further ado lets begin ! ^_^

Cleric: Best Armor: Arcane Armor
Best Weapon: Magic Swords or Glaives, or Wands if focused on healing

Venomancer: Best Armor: Arcane Armor
Best Weapon: Patakas or Magic Swords

Wizard: Best Armor: Arcane Armor
Best weapon: Patakas or Magic Swords

Blademaster: Best Armor: Heavy Armor
Best Weapon: Dual Blades

Assassin: Best Armor: Light Armor
Best Weapon: Of course daggers ! xD or you could try Fists or Claws, Some
assassins use ranged (distance) weapons. So you will see some
assassins using Bows for ranged attack because they are close
ranged attackers.

Archer: Best Armor: Light Armor
Best Weapon: Of course Bows ! and in that case the best bows are Crossbows :P
They are a raged class :)

Seeker: Best Armor: Heavy Armor

Mystic: Best Armor: Arcane Armor
Best Weapon: Glaives, or Wands if focused on healing

Barbarian: Best Armor: Heavy Armor
Best Weapon: Dual Axes

And last but not least Physic: Best Armor: Arcane Armor
Best Weapon: Of course Soulsphere ! :D

And with that I come to the ending of another guide b:chuckle I hope you found it helpful ^_^ Feel free to post any questions if you have any~ And good luck !! b:victory
"Within Us all there lies a Wolf laying in wait until called upon" f:fan
Its true f:shy ^_^
"Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle" f:victory :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by JessyWolf - Archosaur on

Comments

• RaveR_mnant - Raging Tide
    RaveR_mnant - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Archer: PvE - Slingshot or PvP - Crossbow

Sins use Bows really only 2 things I know atm. 1.) A boss during the 69 quest. Uses a water debuff only at long range. 2.) Frozen Heads - Quicker kill

gg
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

Ratsael RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013

i lol'ed. how about leaving guide writing to people that actually have a clue.

for the record:

Any class: Best Armor: r9rr armor
    Best Weapon: r9rr weapon
    you only purge once #yopo
  • JessyWolf - Archosaur
    edited August 2013

I said I quit blademasters for some time now, I did not play them for long okay ? I did researches on the classes and this is what was written for blademasters and I tried it out and it was pretty good for me. These writings are only what I have experienced and found good. I did not say I know everything perfectly, anyone who thinks I wrote something wrong is free and most welcome to correct it, but no need to make fun or call me in an indirect way stupid. You think there is something wrong, thats okay, correct it then instead of making fun of people who just post what they have seen and experienced and read about and found working pretty good for them. Thank you.
    "Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle" f:victory :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JessyWolf - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Archer: PvE - Slingshot or PvP - Crossbow

Sins use Bows really only 2 things I know atm. 1.) A boss during the 69 quest. Uses a water debuff only at long range. 2.) Frozen Heads - Quicker kill

gg

Thank you :) And thank you for telling ^_^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    You think there is something wrong, thats okay, correct it

that's what I'm doing. more specifically I think it's wrong to write a guide when you obviously don't have the required knowledge.

I did researches on the classes and this is what was written for blademasters

link me one recent (>2010) post that suggests dual blades for bms as primary weapon that doesn't have a dozen replies about how that's moronic
    and I tried it out and it was pretty good for me.
    I said I quit blademasters for some time now, I did not play them for long okay ?

are you writing a guide based on killling lvl1 mobs? writing a guide makes no sense until you hit at least 100.
  • JessyWolf - Archosaur
    edited August 2013

for the record:

Any class: Best Armor: r9rr armor
    Best Weapon: r9rr weapon

Yeah witch you have to pay real money for hehe b:chuckle I am trying to give a guide here that does not require everyone to pay real money to be badass killers. Its a simple guide you know ? b:pleased

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Yeah witch you have to pay real money for hehe b:chuckle I am trying to give a guide here that does not require everyone to pay real money to be badass killers. Its a simple guide you know ? b:pleased

1. it does not require real money
    2. you won't be a badass killer without it
  • JessyWolf - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    1. it does not require real money
    2. you won't be a badass killer without it

Well if anyone wants to be a badass killer then as they like, im not forcing anyone to do anything you know ? And to get the rank 9 weapons and armor you have to buy medals of glory and general summer tokens which cost gold, or buy them from catshops (where they cost a fortune) if there are any. Rank 8 isnt bad in my opinion, its pretty good so, as they like b:victory
    PS: Forgot to say, I am talking about the "types" of armors not what armor. Types: Heavy, Light, Arcane. I am not talking about what armor (grade, level, rank etc.) So there :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    More to the point you can't get far in PvP w/o some form of r9.

Trying to stay away from BM. As mine iis only 38. >.<

Axe is the main weapon choice. For stun locking + hf.
    Poleblade for atk + def break. Bleed effects as well.
    Blade for range.
    Fist for auto-atk and 79 skill.

Not sure on the Morei skills but Blade Storm is popular.

Ratsael RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • JessyWolf - Archosaur
    edited August 2013

Poleblade for atk + def break. Bleed effects as well.
    Blade for range.

Baldemaster is not really my fav class I don't like them much lol I had one and got it to lvl something and 70 and then deleted her. Did not really like the class b:chuckle Assassins are my fav class xDD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Well if anyone wants to be a badass killer then as they like, im not forcing anyone to do anything you know ? And to get the rank 9 weapons and armor you have to buy medals of glory and general summer tokens which cost gold, or buy them from catshops (where they cost a fortune) if there are any. Rank 8 isnt bad in my opinion, its pretty good so, as they like b:victory
    PS: Forgot to say, I am talking about the "types" of armors not what armor. Types: Heavy, Light, Arcane. I am not talking about what armor (grade, level, rank etc.) So there :)

you can't buy GST directly; you can buy chip packs. you can also farm chip packs in game. you can also farm medals of glory in-game. sure it's slow. but if you consider r9 cashop only, so is r8 since you'll probably buy rep. so it's not a question of using real money but a question of cost.

archer r8 is a bow not a crossbow. also barb r8 is a polehammer, not dual axes. should they, according to your guide, avoid r8?

and finally, one of the many flaws of the guide is that the best weapon type changes not only by the situation but also by available weapons for your level (and budget). and there are also many popular (and good) builds that don't follow your armour type guide.
    Baldemaster is not really my fav class I don't like them much lol I had one and got it to lvl something and 70 and then deleted her. Did not really like the class b:chuckle Assassins are my fav class xDD

then don't post guides about them

Poleblade for atk + def break. Bleed effects as well. +purge pole
    Blade for range.

edited August 2013
    Assassin is my current strongest. I got to admit I love them too.

Veno - self heals
    Arch - DPH
    Psy - Crystal Light <3 and recently Summon ^-^

Could make a small Empire of Psychic travel.

Seeker - Ion Spike (even if it may be **** </3)
    Barb - Self Regen - It's a love/hate relationship.

Ratsael RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • JessyWolf - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Assassin is my current strongest. I got to admit I love them too.

Veno - self heals
    Arch - DPH
    Psy - Crystal Light <3 and recently Summon ^-^

Could make a small Empire of Psychic travel.

Seeker - Ion Spike (even if it may be **** </3)
    Barb - Self Regen - It's a love/hate relationship.

Assassins sure are a pretty awesome class b:cute Haha :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    -snip-

*Plays theme music*

And last but not least Physic: Best Armor: Arcane Armor
    Best Weapon: Of course Soulsphere ! :D

1. Did you play a BM past level 29?
    2. What is a Physic? Physics is a class now? *pwns everyone with R9rr superstrings*
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Wizard: Best Armor: Arcane Armor
    Best weapon: Patakas

What??

Okay hun, I know you try to reach 50 posts to get a title on the forum, but spamming guides on things you obviously don't know is not the good thing to do.

Go reply on threads in the off-topic section or something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You might have had good intentions but I don't think you can really make a guide like that unless you include everything but in that case people might just go read the class' guides on their sub-forums xD

I'll give you an example with Venomancers since I'm most familiar with them;

Typically, HA/LA builds choose the Magic Sword because it has high physical attack.
    People who have a Cleric/Mystic alt (or both) and tend to play mostly support will choose a Wand as best weapon because they share among the toons.
    AA usually choose the Glaive for the spike damage. Magic Sword is close to the Glaive but, at least on my server, AA builds tend to pick the Glaive.
    Most people hate patakas due to the big gap in min-max magic attack. People who choose to have a Pataka are usually the rare minority that choose it out of preference or other reasons (eg. the looks).

Another thing to consider is level ranges. For levels 4x the most popular choice is Wheel of Fate (legendary mold weapon) which is a Glaive. TT60 unables you to have your first TT weapon but it's a Magic Sword. I could bring more examples but point is that some level ranges are locked on a particular weapon as "best". It's usually a Magic Sword, sometimes Glaive and/or Wand. Very rarely a Pataka, if ever.

Lastly, the rank gear which is the best for each class, locks you to a particular choice. For Venomancers, it's a pataka. R8 recast and R9 recast are currently the best choices. R8 recast for the defence levels if the person can't afford/doesn't have R9 and R9 recast because..well doesn't need examplanations.

If you want to keep up with this thread you'll need more accurate and thorough details. A little research should do it otherwise keep asking people for feedback.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    AA usually choose the Glaive for the spike damage. Magic Sword is close to the Glaive but, at least on my server, AA builds tend to pick the Glaive.
    Most people hate patakas due to the big gap in min-max magic attack. People who choose to have a Pataka are usually the rare minority that choose it out of preference or other reasons (eg. the looks).

Another thing to consider is level ranges. For levels 4x the most popular choice is Wheel of Fate (legendary mold weapon) which is a Glaive. TT60 unables you to have your first TT weapon but it's a Magic Sword. I could bring more examples but point is that some level ranges are locked on a particular weapon as "best". It's usually a Magic Sword, sometimes Glaive and/or Wand. Very rarely a Pataka, if ever...

I use now Wand, I used Magic Sword, Glaive, Pataka, but Wand is very, very good.

I know, that my Wizard level 86 for some mobs (level 87) need 2 spells, for other mobs 3 spells and this is constant, which would not be changed by random.
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People who choose to have a Pataka are usually the rare minority that choose it out of preference or other reasons (eg. the looks).

BIDS with a pataka b:dirty yumy,

g15 pataka sitting in my account stash wait for my wiz to lvl up ^_^, also kind of liked the look of the bigger gap in m,attack range b:surrender

At OP: if youre going to talk about best weapon for BM you really need to list the 4 main weapon types seeing as a BM can only use certain skills with certain weapons. So you would need to list all 4 weapon types and then the genres. E.g. axe : Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer.... Hands : Fist or Claw.... etc

You could update the guide to explain why your recommending each weapon/gear type for each class. For example i do not know much about seekers weapon, your telling me duel blades are the way to go... but why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This thread made me want to repeatedly smash my face on my keyboard.

b:infuriated
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This thread made me want to repeatedly smash my face on my keyboard.

b:infuriated

b:shocked I dont know what is more Silly this Thread or This Comment above b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
    edited August 2013
    For example i do not know much about seekers weapon, your telling me duel blades are the way to go... but why?

blade vs sword is the equivalent of pataka vs wand. well, more like pataka vs glaive. anyway, blade has a bigger range than a sword. now dual weapons have a slower attack rate but more attack compare to single handed; given that a seeker is in most cases a skill spammer having a dual weapon is best. ofc, I'm talking about g16 weapons since earlier I'd decide based on unique adds/cost (e.g. the g12 morai which is pretty awesome is single handed). And r8/r/r9/r/r are also single handed. Now on (dual) blade vs (dual) sword... I guess if you don't have gof it might be better to get a blade for spike dmg for pvp. For pve though I have a slight preference to a more constant dmg = constant bp heals in vortex.
    Okay hun, I know you try to reach 50 posts to get a title on the forum.

ah makes sense now
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I disagree with quite many of the weapon choices. It's best to have multiple weapons with some classes.

My BM has zerk dual axes, a polehammer, bow, pike, blade and fists.
    My archer has crossbow, slingshot and also lower lvl claws due to lack of str (pure dex)
    My barb has used mostly dual axes but r8 polehammer was AWESOME
    My cleric/mystic will have both wand and glaive

I have my uses for all these weapons.

GG
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47