Best Genie For Bm

soulclenz
soulclenz Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Blademaster
Hey Guys I'm New At This And Got Lucky With Exp. Room At Lvl11 As A Bm Now I'm Lvl60 And I Haven't Put A Single Stat Or Skill On My Genie. What Should I Put On My Genie That Will Best Suit It For Pvp?

Thanks \\blade//
Post edited by soulclenz on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I smell a troll post...

HF > true emptiness gg b:avoid
    you only purge once #yopo
  • soulclenz
    edited August 2013
    sorry, I guess that's not totally truthful... i joined a long time ago but its been about 5 years since i've played so i know about nothing at all...
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it depends entirely on your playstyle. most go for either dex fairy or str fairy. the former for badge of courage? I think is the skill name? I could be wrong.. the one that breaks stuns.. the latter for occult ice (6 sec stun @ lvl 10). I'd highly recommend true emptiness for those life saving moments, and you'd probably want tree of life (or second wind), for an extra heal.

I've always liked having balance on my fairy as well... has saved my *** countless times... but it depends upon how you play your character. my advice would be to just make different fairies and experiment. that is what I did till I found the skills I like best.

*edit* those bm guides that are stickied has some nice information including genie/fairy builds. you might want to consider reading them.
  • soulclenz
    edited August 2013
    hey thanks a lot! And I'll definitely take a look at them!
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, do you want a pve or pvp genie (focused on killing mobs or other players).

I actually use one genie for both, although I could get more out of my genie if I specialized it. PvE genies tend to be higher in strength or dex (pick one, not both) while PvP genies tend to have higher vit and magic for constant skill use.

My genie has:
    Tree of Protection (ToP) which gives a very decent amount of heal but it takes 3 seconds to start.
    Absolute Domain (AD) gives 5 seconds of resist damage.
    Tangling Mire (TM) is an aoe that reduces mob physical defenses and slows. As an added bonus phys defense debuffs give 100% accuracy on the mob as a glitch in the game. Use primarily for aoeing groups of mobs.
    Cloud Eruption (CE) is pretty much a must have skill and it gives you 1-2 sparks. Leave at level 1 so the energy cost is low. Later on you'll use it to combo triple sparking and HFing, or HF and Glacial Spike.
    Occult Ice (OI) is more PvP oriented and can be used to stun ranged players from a distance as they kite away or to link your stuns together. In PvE its good for holding one mob while killing another, or grabbing a mob off the cleric.

If you're more interested in PvP you may want to check out TheDan's guide as it focuses heavily on genies.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • soulclenz
    edited August 2013
    well that is perfect thanks a ton!
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    I carry two, one for pulling and a longetivity that an old friend gave me for my first tw.

she (th elongi) has balance (so I can survive mages... and also helps when anticipating magic attacks from various bosses), occult ice for the same reasons as sakubotou, true emptiness because of the cd and energy requirement of balance... second wind, because I like it, and leaf dance for the extra crit... every little bit helps.

my zeal, she is set up a tad different, for example, she has earth flame to pull, tree of protection, balance, and true emptiness.. and leaf dance. I use her for pulling only.
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sorry to say but there are no "best genie" for a bm :) there's different genies for different playstyle/situations

Being a demon bms with reliable stuns (lvl 11 stun skills) eliminates the need of occult ice (which requires a large amount of str to be reliable) in my pvp genie therefore enabling me to get dex based genie that has EP, 6 secs fortify and remove stun/paralysis.

For my TW/mass pk/PvE genie, i used high vit/mag+low str/dex genie. Large energy pool and regen for spamming cloud eruption so i will never be short on chi to perform ironguard combo + hf in TW or triple spark+hf bosses. i carry both of these genie in my inventory all the time :)

PvP genie : http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=1d1e25273f53&lev=102&lp=73

PvE/mass pk/TW genie http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=13243e515354&lev=102&lp=73

Hope this helps
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    there were many aps oneshot armor demon bms that pvp

Think that was the reasoning behind Balance and True Emptiness on genies, too. I'm surprised to see those skills being brought up so much lately.

And I still <3 using my claws a bit in pvp because its your best damage unless you have about an 80% zerk rate, while also providing the chi needed to keep up things like stunlocks and setup for finishing combos. The obvious issue being the loss of defense, but that's why you stunlock like a boss if you're gonna swap to an aps setup. I really only do it against barbs and seekers (if they've just used Unfetter) nowadays, and the occasional bm. High hp opponents that I can work a stunlock on and need the extra dd of claws. Claw chi gain also prevents you from needing to cloud erupt so you can do things like chain with Occult Ice, Tangling Mire, or save the genie for an emergent AD.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    I decided to go sage, primarily because I wanted to be a good guy like the jedi...

I was once (still am) very noobish and used sword only until mid 80s when I started using other weapon paths..

I use claws in pvp... sometimes, usually against a seeker or barb, sometimes other bms. when I need the extra dps. I still like using sword whether it's efficient or not against mages and sins. I bm friend of mine taught me how to stunlock. I can usually time it right, but yes, occult ice will always be handy; especially since I've heard that it does not proc purify on highly geared mages. at least, that is what I've heard.

I was going to try using ecatomb to show my char's build.. but I must not be doing something right... but he is aps with -intx1 on both r8r shirt and boots. I forget what the other adds are. but no tome, atm due to lack of time to farm. and still using a woe helm ugh.. and ashura wrists (b/c of the citrine gems.. didnt' want to waste them till I could afford to replace with ha g16 with similar shards).

he is still squishy lol
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cloud eruption is a key PvE skill for a BM.

It allows you to spark - cloud erupt - HF.

I'd keep it level 2 so it just fills your chi for HF but cost is still minimal.

Besides that the standard Holy path, Absolute Domain and tree of protection of course are nice.

None of those skills really need any str/dex and i would advise a high mag/vit genie so you can cast these things often.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    my gennie setup atm :

STR 65, VIT 60, MAG 80

holy path, true emptiness, absolute domain, occult ice, tangling mine, cloud eruption

occult for better stun lock, tangling mine for better aps PVP, true emptiness is most awesome gennie skill for BM/barb i would say it can 1 shot any flying caster/la armor wearer b:laugh
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Faith.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • soulclenz
    edited August 2013
    Sorry to say but there are no "best genie" for a bm :) there's different genies for different playstyle/situations

Being a demon bms with reliable stuns (lvl 11 stun skills) eliminates the need of occult ice (which requires a large amount of str to be reliable) in my pvp genie therefore enabling me to get dex based genie that has EP, 6 secs fortify and remove stun/paralysis.

For my TW/mass pk/PvE genie, i used high vit/mag+low str/dex genie. Large energy pool and regen for spamming cloud eruption so i will never be short on chi to perform ironguard combo + hf in TW or triple spark+hf bosses. i carry both of these genie in my inventory all the time :)

PvP genie : http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=1d1e25273f53&lev=102&lp=73

PvE/mass pk/TW genie http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=13243e515354&lev=102&lp=73

Hope this helps
    if you read past the title and read my actual post then you would have seen that i ask for a genie that is best suited for PVP!
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What kind of PVP?

a 1v1 genie is very different from a TW genie
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive