Lost City Server PK Event?

chunleilu
chunleilu Posts: 25 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Twilight Temple (West)
Good Morning Friends,

I hope everyone is doing great.

In light of the recent developments of the NW map getting the size of a continent and developers and the shady response from the GM's on when the map would be fixed to it's original size, coupled with the fact that most TW's are one sided these days, I would like to propose a server wide PK event.

The rules would be fairly simple,

5 or 6 Member teams would register for the event.
The entry fee can be set to 5mill per team.
The team that wins would get 55% of the pot, second place team will get 30% and third place will get 15% of the pot.
Someone like Adroit or Bait, with undisputed reputation can hold the pot money. If someone has a better suggestion please throw forward the name.
I know the gear different between some team's would be huge, if we have enough sign ups maybe we can make 2 different brackets based on gears.
This is a fun event and I hope no one talks about profit making from this event.
If someone does not have a team, they can sign up individually and can pair up with others without a team or with a team lacking a member or two.

This is just a layman's overview, the terms and conditions can be modified. Just wanted to check how many people would be actually interested in such an event if someone tried to organize it.

Just wanted to add, not a lot of people actually look at the forum's, so if people can post this in their faction forums for everyone to see it would be helpful.
Post edited by chunleilu on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While i personally have no objection to either of those two people,
    I don't think that either qualify as having an indisputable good reputation.
    it's also a little unsettling to some I'd wager that you suggest the obvious first place winners hold onto all of the money from the get go.

On topic however, I'd be interested in this event.
    I'm sure i could toss together a decent squad of Knights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chunleilu
    edited August 2013
    I just gave those 2 names because for me they have a very good reputation. Ofcourse, if you want to suggest any other names and if no one has an issue with them then why not?
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If there are 6 teams: prize fund is 30mil so 15mil or so to the winners to share between 5-6 people o_O- not really worth it. You need something 10x that to get ppl interested but then hardly anyone going to want to risk that much if they have very low chance of getting anything out of it.

You also forget this is LC- we couldnt organise anything remotely this complicated! b:chuckle
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would be interested, but only as a spectator.
    Olii gets dropped by Gush. >:

Where would this event be held? How is the winning team determined? What's to stop people from rezzing and going back out, in that case that it's now allowed?

It sounds fun, but 5 mil/team seems a little cheap for a higher level bracket. Then there's the aforementioned problem of who to trust with all the money, since I don't think any competitors should hold on to it and, and and and //hyperventilates and dies.
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Where's RedsRose when we need her!

It's easy to organize this:
    Register teams & collect fees (2-5mil/person) with 1-2 wks of registration
    Set up brackets on Google docs for all to see (not edit obv)
    Have ONE person be the banker and ref, who takes a 5-10% fee for their time
    Pick one spot to have ALL teams play, but do NOT publicize it (or fight times) so randoms can't mess things up. A good spot would allow for max framerates, so no snow or any environmental bs.
    Have three 'guests' from each team as witnesses.
    Have specific timeslots both teams can agree upon
    Ref updates brackets after each bout
    Prizes delivered to leaders. Real prize is bragging rights ;)
    Record the action, edit out the boring parts, upload, and voila!

Also, require no more than one of each class in each pt.

Can further break it down by gear levels and/or refines (e.g. heavyweight, middleweight, featherweight). Etc etc.

Hardest part is getting everyone to cooperate and commit but hopefully reg fees filter those folks out. You're more likely to get the heavy cs'ers to play, which might discourage those less geared from participating. I think someone tried organizing a similar event on the forums in the past but didn't get much of a response..

We had a loosely organized event back in the day, which is still one of my most watched videos.. Fun times b:victory
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpN4DBnxqMw
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm down :D The prize money is kinda a joke though, but like transcend mentioned, bragging rights are the real prize :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    I'll participate.
    I'll make a team.

I want specific rules.
    I want to know who else will put a team together.

I suggest in a future event, that we add some kind of randomizing to the teams.

Maybe get captains that take turns picking from the participants. We all know the CT team will get first; this particular event will be a competition for second place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Where's RedsRose when we need her!

That's a good question... where IS RedsRose f:ponder

I miss 2009 on LC...

Much <3 to Transcend

and plusone f:cute
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    2009, the year everyone was still noob gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
  • chunleilu
    edited August 2013
    The responses here has been much better than on my other server. Remind me next time not to even bother trying to initiate a PvP event on a PvE server.

Hopefully we can work on something on our server, can everyone post this on their faction forums also we can at least start something going?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You should stream it. I wanna see what pw pvp looks like now. :O
  • Superfeng - Lost City
    Superfeng - Lost City Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's a good question... where IS RedsRose f:ponder

I miss 2009 on LC...

Much <3 to Transcend

and plusone f:cute

Hey man how's it going?
    Superfeng - Level 101 Lost City Blademaster, retired.
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I nominate, AFG to hold the $$$, and suggest 2 rules:
    1. No bait
    2. No Adroit
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I nominate, AFG to hold the $$$, and suggest 2 rules:
    1. No bait
    2. No Adroit

I don't like your nomination or your suggested rules b:surrender
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited August 2013
  • Diego - Lost City
    Diego - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I nominate myself to re-install and hold the $$.
    I also nominate Calvin. He is very kind and honest, I would even trust him with my life.
    We split it 50/50 ?
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I nominate myself to re-install and hold the $$.
    I approve b:victory
    We split it 50/50 ?
    You wanna help to hold the $$? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    I approve of the no Adroit rule >_> :x

Sunday night, Adroit was succesfully purged.
    He managed to get self buff back up, but no other buffs on him.

He was Extreme Poisoned + Heavens Flamed

I struck this sef buffed amped + dragoned wizard with all of my 604 strength using my +12 R9.3 axes and managed to deal 2k damage b:surrender

It doesn't even make sense b:cry

P.S. he was carrying Flag so no genie skills were used, and no PvP pots were used either.
    /rerolls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    AuRaGeN - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    calvin scammer
    he stole my heartzb:cry
    no trustz
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sorry me, Bait, Adroit, Azura+ 2 randoms have already registered our squad. Too late to change the rules now i'm afraid. b:sweat
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    chunleilu wrote: »
    5 or 6 Member teams would register for the event.
    The entry fee can be set to 5mill per team.
    The team that wins would get 55% of the pot, second place team will get 30% and third place will get 15% of the pot.
    Honestly i dislike the very idea to fight for money. It's not that i'm afraid to lose (i'm not), i use all i can in pvp including all kind of charms, autopot stones, dolls (and not dreamchaser ones) etc, and surely spend more than most of "PvPers" who go uncharmed-safelocked-never-heard-of-pills, so money is not a problem. But in my opinion PvP is for fun first of all and i don't see any reason to pay or charge someone just for the honor to fight certain people. We can just call friends for friendly pvp instead of that.
    And another reason is that even 55% is nothing, it doesn't actually cover costs in case of long fight.
    So, my point is: those who pvp know quite well what they do and don't need extra reward at their competitors' cost, unless someone decides to sponsor the event
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • chunleilu
    edited August 2013
    Honestly i dislike the very idea to fight for money. It's not that i'm afraid to lose (i'm not), i use all i can in pvp including all kind of charms, autopot stones, dolls (and not dreamchaser ones) etc, and surely spend more than most of "PvPers" who go uncharmed-safelocked-never-heard-of-pills, so money is not a problem. But in my opinion PvP is for fun first of all and i don't see any reason to pay or charge someone just for the honor to fight certain people. We can just call friends for friendly pvp instead of that.
    And another reason is that even 55% is nothing, it doesn't actually cover costs in case of long fight.
    So, my point is: those who pvp know quite well what they do and don't need extra reward at their competitors' cost, unless someone decides to sponsor the event
    b:chuckle

I agree with you, the money is just an added incentive, it serves little purpose but it's always good to have a reward at the end, even if it is useless for you. Like the TW rewards, the weapon itself is useless but it is a reward nonetheless.

If you look at the state of PK currently compared to 3 years back it is as good as dead, yes the player base had declined, focus has shifted from skills to gears/luck, so this is just a way to have fun which without an event is not exactly common.

An an event needs to have some reward, even though it might be not worth it.

Regarding previous posts about money prize money being too less, I suggested 5mill so that even poor people can participate, of course if lets say Adroit and IKUT's squad meet in semi final they have the option to put 200mill bet if they want. As long as both squad's are comfortable with it, they can do that.

Agreed they can do that without an event too, but since without an event it has not happened yet, so why not just create an event and try and get some fun started?
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't like your nomination or your suggested rules b:surrender

OOOOOHHH, how about this, all should wear HH 90 gear.
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    OOOOOHHH, how about this, all should wear HH 90 gear.

Why take away your advantage?
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    chunleilu wrote: »
    You got it a bit wrong. I don't mind reward, but when it's not taken from common players. TW case is different: it's the system who pays, not a guild leader from his pocket. Most ppl attend TW for fun anyway, not for salary. Let me say it like this then: i don't want to take anybody's money for that, and don't want to pay others out of principle. Even though for me it's not a big deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • BackDraft - Lost City
    BackDraft - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PK is Deadb:bye
    No Pain No Gain.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Pk Tournaments can happen. Here's a look at just our faction hosting a really small tournament that we hope will become monthly. It ended off with some group vs. group that I didn't get the chance to fully record.

September 2013 Monthly Pk Tourney for Dynasty

More than money even, you have to have something that will serve as bragging rights. Have somebody design a UNIQUE ... badge, picture of some sort that looks cool. Winners of this tourney are eligible to use that unique little picture/badge in their PWI forum signatures (the link to the video showing the win would also be in signature, so no frauds could use same picture without being called out for it lol).

Of course, I do advocate a larger pot. Instead of 5mil per team, make it 5mil per person. Then we are looking at some serious coin for the winners, and people will take it more seriously. If you can afford a platinum charm, you can afford a 5mil entry fee.

GL.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Today LC got the best PVP event they never had before. =)

Yansheng won:

2013-043.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Nowhere near as good as when i dragged Jewelscalen to Raging Tides and killed all the red named kitty shops for tons of free raps and cannies back when they were worth something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]