Some Psy Questions

Arthursoul - Archosaur
Arthursoul - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Psychic
Just starting a Psychic yesterday and he doing good, I play him as Pure Mag, but I have something that I have to ask

1. White Voodoo

Can White Voodoo help me to prevent stealing aggro from a tank while using Pure Magic Build? Because of Attack level reduction and increase Defense level

2. Glacial Shards and Sandburst Blast

Are they worth leveling? For both PvE and PvP use

3. Mana Management

The only thing I fear most is my mana, since I'm not a cash player or rely on expansive stuff most of the time. So I just have to ask should I pick a gear with MP regen or using normal MP potions along with Apothecary Remedies? (Since I love producing stuff)

That's all for now, any answer are welcome.............b:thanks
Post edited by Arthursoul - Archosaur on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1) Yes. Psychic in White hits much lighter than same psychic in Black. Also if you do get aggro you don't get hit as hard.

3) MP potions + apoths, +MR gear doesn't add that much but helps a bit. Herb Yuanxiao from level 75.

I'll let someone more experienced with psys answer 2 (though I do see Glacial Shards used a lot in Delta.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Mayfly is right for 1 and 3.

I never used charms until extremely end game and more PvPing stuffs. Herbs worked just fine especially in the lower levels. No worries there. also MP regen probably not a good idea since you are going to have to shard HP for a while. We have weak DEF without White voodoo and no attack while in it.

As for the skills...
    Glacial shard: Yes. Level it. it is useful in PvE quite a bit and absolutely awesome in PvP.

Sandburst: in all honesty I use this very little in PvP(I am sage) although being another AoE skill it should still get leveled. in PvE it is useful and hits a bit harder. Pretty certain most of our earth skills hit harder anyway. I guess just do not give it priority over Glacial shard or our single target spam skills.

The only skill I would not level at all is the one where turn into a fish. I have it at lvl10...for no reason. I never use it. not pretty enough Dx!
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Arthursoul - Archosaur
    Arthursoul - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for the reply, guess I can get some herb later on, once I'm high enough
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for the reply, guess I can get some herb later on, once I'm high enough

That sounds...very wrong.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I strongly advice against using white voodoo all the time.
    Your damage will be severely nerfed to the point you are basically useless (aside from the occasional heal and debuff). Plus, you look noobish. If you have aggro issues use your DoTs, don't spark immediately, space your attacks a bit. If however you do pull aggro, switch to white voodoo to survive. If you still have trouble in surviving; a bit of vit won't hurt you as much as you think, especially since in the lower levels most damage comes from +attack. Personally I switched from pure mag (3base vit) to 50 vit and now 200 vit and hardly noticed a difference. You also get more points in NW when you get oneshotted :b

Glacial shards and sandburst blast are our spammable aoes so yeah, unless you don't plan to aoe, you should level them. If you find the cost a bit too much, level them to 8. Outside aoeing they don't have much use, dps-wise your starter skills are better for single target. You can have sandburst blast in your skill spam chain so it doesnt get interrupted and have a minor debuff to help the tank a bit but not on big room boss XD Glacial shards are also pretty good in mobs to immobilize them, typically in the beginning of the battle. Whether it's actually useful depends on your defences/how fast you kill. However, I prefer to start with crystal light since it's a very good slow you can rely on; glacial shards have only a chance to immobilize.

On mana; I really doubt that you'll have any issues with free charms and a ton of pots from supply stash. And after 75 mana becomes really cheap. I did have a full set of mpregen, including a hat with +4+4mpregen. Which I eventually sold for 1m and had enough mana pots for a year xD mp regen is not bad but I wouldn't really focus on that. Belt of Nature is a nice belt with +7 mpregen and quite good stats too so you can get it. But a 3* with missing resistances and just +3 mpregen? not a good idea except for casual grinding. In which case, it's quite healthier to meditate while getting a glass of waterb:chuckle
    you only purge once #yopo
  • steakspoon
    steakspoon Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    White vodoo isn't as useful in PvE as it is in PvP. Its main use in PvE will be for pulling mobs, and for tanking a boss if you grab aggro in black. In PvP it is very often the difference between living and dying, 66 def lvls or 71 if sage, makes a huge difference in damage that someone does to you. Yes, the damage is lacking, but sitting in Black 100% of the time is just asking for every sin in the game to one shot you from stealth.
    Glacial Shards/Sandburst are both really good skills, fast cooldown, nice damage, and nice AoE range. Glacial can be used in PvP to keep people away, sanburst can be used just for nice damage, and the 50% accuracy reduction can help I guess.
    In the lower level range, mana isn't really a problem until you start to level skills, but even at higher levels when they're 200-600 Mana per skill, apoth can easily fix that, and a plat mp charm will last you quite a while