level to get into weekly Aba and SoT

condo2009
condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
it's a level 90 instance, NOT 100, and when I, at level 91 can do the same as a 101, I don't want to be told, oh, too low. No way.
Post edited by condo2009 on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    That's why you shouldn't go with a public squad. Most of the public squads are only interested in quantity and speed. If you delay them by 5 seconds, you're not good enough (unfortunately).
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Not quite what the OP means, Kris.

The revamped Seat/Aba now have a minimum level to get the quests that are used to make them work, even though you can enter both as early as level 89.

According to PWDB, it's level 90 minimum now to navigate the instances. However, I'm pretty sure the new weekly quests are for level 100+.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    condo2009 wrote: »
    it's a level 90 instance, NOT 100, and when I, at level 91 can do the same as a 101, I don't want to be told, oh, too low. No way.
    Um, actually... I hate to be the barer of bad news... but since abba and sot were "revised"... I have heard plenty of r9rr geared call sot a "hellpit"...

and abba... although it can be done for the old abba aspects by 90+, there is at least one boss that basically one shots r9rr geared players.

Unfortunately, given the fact people still call for "need barb and cleric" squads on delta w3 and even w2 runs b:chuckle... most people can not play their classes. Thus, they actually NEED higher level players that also can not play their classes and do some praying about beating such as w2 in delta runs... How do you think they gonna take a 9x character with them in the revised abba and especially sot? b:shocked

And in more news... no... at level 91, one can never do the same as a 100... let alone a 101 or above. Not if the gears and skills of the character have been worked up to just what can be "expected"... let alone worked up to the top end gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Not quite what the OP means, Kris.

The revamped Seat/Aba now have a minimum level to get the quests that are used to make them work, even though you can enter both as early as level 89.

According to PWDB, it's level 90 minimum now to navigate the instances. However, I'm pretty sure the new weekly quests are for level 100+.

Derp.

My point still stands xDD.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    However, I'm pretty sure the new weekly quests are for level 100+.

Nope they are 90+
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/28888
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/28850
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • opkossy
    edited August 2013
    And in more news... no... at level 91, one can never do the same as a 100... let alone a 101 or above. Not if the gears and skills of the character have been worked up to just what can be "expected"... let alone worked up to the top end gears.

The amount of G16 players I slaughter in NW on 8X (or lower sometimes) characters says otherwise.

Worse when I squad with them for various things and still outperform them.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    The amount of G16 players I slaughter in NW on 8X (or lower sometimes) characters says otherwise.

Lol... sadly, i believe this and know quite well... b:chuckle But it still holds true for the majority or average players
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited August 2013
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And you do full warsong runs at 80...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    I never even seen all of the bosses in warsong yet... I still have my level 80 quest for the elemental essences from each boss (except snakefist). I never never once, not ever, done a single full warsong run... I only ever seen snakefist b:surrender Im never gonna get t3 nirvy or r9rr at this rate b:chuckle b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • condo2009
    edited August 2013

see, that is the point. you guys think 100 is heaven, but I guarantee you I am just as good at 91 than 1/2 the 100's but you think you're God.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited August 2013

G16? I'd say they must be afk or something alike, or wearing Dreamchaser armor, as one of it's stages looks like G16 and you can't really tell what kind of gear an oponent has in NW.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    see, that is the point. you guys think 100 is heaven, but I guarantee you I am just as good at 91 than 1/2 the 100's but you think you're God.

Wont deny this since there are so many FCC babies anyhow, but I'd doubt you'd survive properly in a full Seat or Warsong squad.
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2013

lololol
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • condo2009
    edited August 2013
    Wont deny this since there are so many FCC babies anyhow, but I'd doubt you'd survive properly in a full Seat or Warsong squad.

read the title of this thread. it said NOTHING about warsong, now did it. right away, again, you troll without reading.
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If i saw a lvl 90 join my squad i would not hesitate to kick you, don't like it? go make your own squad with your faction or friends, its just how things work. You may be great at playing your class yes but there are gear differences, in no way will you compare to someone with rrr9.
  • HeavenxDoom - Lost City
    HeavenxDoom - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bobyjoee wrote: »
    If i saw a lvl 90 join my squad i would not hesitate to kick you, don't like it? go make your own squad with your faction or friends, its just how things work. You may be great at playing your class yes but there are gear differences, in no way will you compare to someone with rrr9.

and i would kick you if you was in my party as we dont need over powered gear to do pve

and i kick any r999 from my party to
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    and i would kick you if you was in my party as we dont need over powered gear to do pve

and i kick any r999 from my party to

and thats not what i said at all have a nice day b:laugh
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited August 2013
    At times lvl 90 ones who know how to play their class in squad are much better than others who have bought their bad-statted T3-gears before lvl 100 after somehow striving through FC90+, either in squads or by buying exp rooms.

A classic example of this ish full APS-geared BM that doesn't give a **** about timing Demon HF to squad and throws it right after rushing to boss before barb. Or even better, in 4-sin Aba squad APS's bosses without throwing single HF thinking "I'm better DD than those 7 others together". Meanwhile a TT90-geared BM with T2-axes checks that everyone are sparking and boss has all necessary debuffs before triplesparking and throwing in lvl 10 HF. Which one profits squad moar?

Another example: BH Snake squad has 2 sins. First one has 5 APS with G13+4 dags, APS-armor set and 5,3k HP unbuffed. Latter one has 2.86APS with T2zerk+int+4 dags, mostly TT90-armors and 5,7k HP unbuffed. First sin just sparks and APS's when latter one uses Power Dash after sparking and then pops TM and EP from genie and uses DN and Focused Mind. Latter sin grabs aggro earlier due to skill using and can take those couple hits before barb gets aggro back. First sin takes aggro a moment later and dies. Which sin performed better?

Yet another example: In Delta W2, squad has couple seekers, first one with R8/T2 gears and other one has T2/T3 gears. They stand near BB, first using couple single hits on ranged mobs to get some chi(they vortex'd to last mob in previous mob wave) and then AoE. Sin tries to Aoe before mobs come too close to cleric, but dies for being unable to tank all those mobs. Mobs take aggro of cleric's BB and cleric dies. Then seekers vortex, both falling quickly. Mobs run to Harpy Wraith and Delta fails as poor Harpy dies. This squad had no one puller as seekers were supposed to take the mobs as they come from spawn. Delta Wave 2: Failed.foxy alone
    Another squad, this time with TT90-armored seeker with T2 dual blades. This seeker AoEs all mobs at spawn to get aggro of them all and then pulls the mobs to squad and vortex's under BB, squad debuffing and AoEing mobs and taking care of ranged mobs. Squad goes on like this till the last mob wave before W2 bosses. Couple first mob waves seeker kills outside BB(wanting to test her limits) and succeeds by timing Expel well and triggering SM with BA-Gemini on most mobs after marking them, followed by popping Dew of Star Protection and Vortex. Seeker takes care of having enough chi by stopping vortex when there's just couple mobs left and using single-target skills for chi until they're dead.
    Delta Wave 2: Successful.f:grin

These all have examples have happened in the recent couple weeks. Kitty was those TT90-armored BM, seeker and sin mentioned(both the latter sin in BH Snake and sin in first W2 squad). Kitty met the Devastator for the first time in earlier W2 squad mentioned. f:sweat

Kitty thinks about relation between skill and gears as skills being the potential and gears being a medium to unleash that potential. That's why someone with almost no skills and CS'd lvl 100 gears can be much worse than someone with much skill but can't afford the gears to use that skill on. Earlier has no potential and thus nothing to unleash, latter might have massive potential but lacks gears to unleash it.f:horror

Kitty ish sowwy for massive wall of text. And for trying to prove herself better than some others.f:weep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Your archer is pretty well geared for lvl 89 b:mischievous
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Lol, nice accusations.

You would hardly be able to run full ws at 80, let's face it. Even if you run around in +10 TT80 gears, I doubt you could defend a pav.

I wouldn't take you on a weekly run at your level, but nothing's stopping you from foriming your own squad. I'd rather have people carrying their weight with appropriate gear in mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Most runs I do with faction and friends. I'd rather take people who I know can play their class. I would advise you to do the same, run with friends, random people that dont know you wont guve you the benefit of the doubt, and will automatically assume that you're noob. No reason to rage about it, blame the FC babies and dont take it personal.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013

just ebcause you can enter an instance at one lvl doesnt mean that you can have a meaningful contribution. WS is 80 too.

sure, you can walk around useless like a lot of 10x players. eh, crystals won't even allow you to die. if you don't want to be told, go form your own squad, there are no equal opportunities policies for squad forming. oh, and since you are under the delusion that you can be as useful as any 100+, go ahead and do aba with 90s; I'll eagerly await for the vid.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • HeavenxDoom - Lost City
    HeavenxDoom - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bobyjoee wrote: »
    and thats not what i said at all have a nice day b:laugh

i prefer my view then yours have a nice dayb:laugh
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And comon, you can say what you want about skills, but 91 vs 101 does make a huge difference.

You dont have 5aps at 91, thus you dont have the chi to both spark AND HF. Sure you can HF when needed, but it probably means you are not really doing any damage yourself.

You dont have all those attack and defence levels.

You would be insane if you have your equipment refined to +6 or better.

In the end you wont be able to do even 25% of the damage a 101 BM does, no amount of skill is going to fix that.

When you are claiming that you do just as well at lvl 91 actually makes me think you have never even played a 101 character rather instead of you being so skilled that you can make up for the lack of everything.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I want to see a full level 9x squad run the weekly aba b:cute granted they arent alts with warsoul weapons, killing mask, let alone the last boss, should be a fun time, someone fraps it b:pleased
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I want to see a full level 9x squad run the weekly aba b:cute granted they arent alts with warsoul weapons, killing mask, let alone the last boss, should be a fun time, someone fraps it b:pleased

even with warsoul weapons I'd be quite sceptic; unless we are talking about +10 tt90 gears too XD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The weapons of the sages are level 90... :)

But yeah - there certainly is a bump in power at 100; but it seems a damn shame to deny people their squads earlier.

Saying all that though - anyone got a guide to actually starting this event? It's bugging me not actually knowing all the steps properly.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And comon, you can say what you want about skills, but 91 vs 101 does make a huge difference.

You dont have 5aps at 91, thus you dont have the chi to both spark AND HF. Sure you can HF when needed, but it probably means you are not really doing any damage yourself.

Cloud Eruption

You dont have all those attack and defence levels.

lel Warsoul weapon alts lel

You would be insane if you have your equipment refined to +6 or better.

Full TT90 HA +6 4socket Immacs was hanging around somewhere on DW a while ago

In the end you wont be able to do even 25% of the damage a 101 BM does, no amount of skill is going to fix that.

Make that 10% lol

When you are claiming that you do just as well at lvl 91 actually makes me think you have never even played a 101 character rather instead of you being so skilled that you can make up for the lack of everything.

Yes I agree; sounds like bull****
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    SoT:
    (Level 90+) Get popup to report to Lieutenant Li
    (Lieutenant Li) Autumn Song's Dog - kill Reed Pipe outside of SoT for Blood-stained Report
    (Lieutenant Li) Fallen Autumn Song - enter SoT (auto-complete)
    Recommended to pick up Crisis Reolved (Weekly) from the SoT Celestial Messenger before entering
    (Autumn Song's Soul) A Confession - talk to Autumn Song to get more information
    (Autumn Song's Soul) Hell Trap - kill Trap Master Fierce for Energy Core
    (Autumn Song's Soul) Bloody Courtyard - kill Queen of Agony, Xipher for Soulburn Crystal
    (Autumn Song's Soul) Nightmare Gate - kill Hellfire Abomination for Sealed Soul
    (Autumn Song's Soul) The Painful Truth - bring the Blood-stained Report, Energy Core, Soulburn Crystal and Sealed Report to Lieutenant Li.

Abaddon:
    Journey to Abaddon:
    * Fall of Abaddon - popup at 90
    * Missing Person - head to Camp of the Fallen Phoenix in Momaganon and talk to Moon Tidedance
    Everlasting Love:
    * Check Abaddon - enter Abaddon (auto-complete on entry)
    Recommend picking up Crisis Resolved (Weekly) from Abaddon Celestial Messenger before entry
    * Another Abaddon? - find Peach Blossom Ritualist and speak to her
    Be sure to let the party leader know you need to do this, so you can complete this step before going to the past.
    You will need to pass through the falling rocks and kill the Puppeteer before reaching Peach Blossom Ritualist.
    Defeat Borobudur
    Again, this quest must be taken before going to the past.
    To The Past! (Leader)
    Leader only can take this quest. Often an assassin will be sent to stealth through the mobs to reach Peach, and given lead to take the quest, but obviously if anyone else needs to talk to Peach this doesn't work.
    While in the past, the Mask of Grief must be killed, followed by 4 Puppet bosses, which may be found be following Borobudur after Mask is killed, and may be:
    * Cleric, Blademaster, Archer and Wizard to the north-west past the waterfall
    * Cleric, Archer, Assassin and Psychic past the bridge in the north-east
    * Mystic, Seeker, Venomancer and Barbarian by Thom Mundan
    Optional Quest:
    Help the Tree - gather Shining Dew in Moonlight Bottle under the bridge in the north-west (by old entrance) to help the Withered Sapling
    All old Abaddon bosses (including BH and culti bosses) are only available in the past; all but Peachblossom Ritualist can be reached by using the various Chrono Sprites to teleport to them; to reach Peach, you must teleport to Haunted Headless, and travel through the falling rocks again.
    (Time Shifter) To The Future
    One person (usually leader) takes this quest and the rest of the squad checks 4 points to see which colored ball spawned. After finding out, the quest taker answers the question according to the ball's color and digs the corresponding colored essence. This must be completed correctly 3 times in succession to proceed.
    (Time Shifter) To The Future (Leader)
    After completing the above, the leader takes the final To The Future quest and returns the squad to the future, where Borobudur is waiting. If Thom, Dracoboa and Guard were not killed in the past, they will appear as adds to Borobudur, but they can either be lured separately, or Borobudur can be lured away from them.
    Optional quest:
    (Healthy Sapling) Repay Tree - you get a level 1 Increase Damage Dealt by Skills buff
    (Yi Tenjun) Dead Returning Alive - after Borobudur is killed, this quest can be taken to complete the quest string.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga