Lord of Captivation one shot..

Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
Ok so, first off I'm going to say that this has never once happened to me before the most recent revamping of SoT.

But Lord of Captivation seems to hate my guts now. When I'm on my psy who has 10k+ hp and 5-7k phys def depending on buffs, If i accidentally pull aggro for a split single moment, I just get one shot instantly, no damage in log or anything, even with SoR up. Hell, it doesn't even look like the boss turns to me, I just fall over randomly. At first I thought, oh, well I AM an arcane, I should just be a lot more careful now. But then I see other casters with MUCH less hp and gear than me being able to take at least one or two, even three to four hits.
I don't get it, even with the Lord of Captivation back at his first location he couldn't kill me like this, and i had a bit worse gear then, yet still could hold fine and take some hits from him no matter where I would stand.

Am I just unlucky or what? qq
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ur unlucky
    and a troll
    i thought that someone actually one shot that bossb:cry
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    ur unlucky
    and a troll
    i thought that someone actually one shot that bossb:cry

lmao sowwy xD i was hoping to word it to avoid that b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It occasionally tacks on a bleed that deals ridiculous damage unless you're around 14k HP or so (could be survived with less, but the ticks from it still hurt)

I'd generally stay in melee range if I fear taking aggro since it'll be more likely to bite than to throw out that bleed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sounds like you got hit with the bleed, which will one-shot you with that pdef and HP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited August 2013
    It occasionally tacks on an HP-based bleed that deals ridiculous damage unless you're around 14k HP or so (could be survived with less, but the ticks from it still hurt)

I'd generally stay in melee range if I fear taking aggro since it'll be more likely to bite than to throw out that bleed.

Oh gosh the bleed is hp based? f:stare I think I did hear something like that a quite while ago, but for some odd reason thought it was based off of something else and not literally your characters hp. Can't actually remember for sure.

So, guessing I am just that unlucky to catch him while he's about to bleed or I'm just a tad bit too far now? I think before he got moved to his current location, when I would pull he would come walk over to me and slap me around, would make sense now though. Since he doesn't seem to move at all when I die, I just get bled to death in a split second if that's the case. Yikes. tyvm for the enlightenment! I'll be sure to try and scoot a little closer next time. /noobmoment x.x

f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    your hp is ok for the boss but ya p.def is too low to survive it
    hell, my seeker has 24k p.def buffed and 11,6k hp base, the bleed bring me down to 6,5k or something b:surrender
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    SoR won't work; the bleed does not deal actual direct damage
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the replies everyone, must be the bleed after all. I didn't know that's what it was that was getting me since I would fall over too fast before I could see an icon pop up, along with no damage in the log showing up. Also I thought the bleed was strictly a melee attack. Gotta keep working on improving my P.def! :3

Also, good to know the bleed doesn't give direct damage upright, making SoR not trigger, so it's more like a spell I guess? Either way, now that I officially feel like a noob and got very nice and informative replies that I believe answered my question!

f:thanks

Feel free to close this thread. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It is not like a spell. It is like Absorb Soul, Blade Tornado, or psys' pure DoTs.

Oldschool DoTs hit for a certain damage and then adds a certain DoT debuff. LOC's DoT and the DoTs listed above only deal damage through their ticks. That is why the damage will never show up in damage log.

I once pulled LoC by accident. I think I saw 5 digits above my head b:laugh
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited August 2013
    It is not like a spell. It is like Absorb Soul, Blade Tornado, or psys' pure DoTs.

Oldschool DoTs hit for a certain damage and then adds a certain DoT debuff. LOC's DoT and the DoTs listed above only deal damage through their ticks. That is why the damage will never show up in damage log.

I once pulled LoC by accident. I think I saw 5 digits above my head b:laugh

I didn't know how else to phrase it. x.x
    I was going to say debuff, but when I think of debuff I think of things like, spells/skills that slow channeling/attack rate or amp and things like that. But "DoT" was the obvious choice I brain farted on thinking...derp x.x

But very good to know about now thank you. c:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The bleed effect deals somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 base physical damage, which is on par with one poke from an endgame assassin.

I don't have a problem killing it with my seeker or wizard (both have about 25k p def buffed); either one takes less than 2000 damage from the bleed effect and less than 500 damage from normal hits. My assassin has like 10k p def and 11.5k hp buffed and doesn't have a problem with the boss either.

As for the comment about players 1-shotting the LoC boss. I know of 2 people that 1-shot the old boss, but I don't think it is possible to 1-shot the new one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    who one shot the old one?
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Me and a rrr9+12 psychic I can't remember her whole name I haven't seen her around in a while. Her name ends in Tear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PurpleTear_ ?
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    I might be confusing purpletear and teardrop. I think it was one of those two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wait maybe i'm thinking teardrop o.O lol.

powerful psys lol
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...