Server Transfer. Why isn't this a thing?

Options
XxStormy - Harshlands
XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
Why hasn't this been implemented yet? Almost every other game has this feature.

Sometimes you make new friends on another server, or your server isn't active enough for you. Sometimes you just want a fresh start. This would be a good feature to add. Some pay thousands of dollars on a character but leave it so they can be with their friends. Would be nice if we had a transfer system. What do you all think? b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by XxStormy - Harshlands on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You don't like HL Stormy? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Many people would love that feature, but its impossible. East-Coast,West-Coast and Morai servers have each a different database, what means if you played on an EC-Server before and wanna transfer your char to any WC or EU-server, there is the high chance that somebody has the same name as yours. Even if you would get the possibility to change your name, that alone would make your character bugged. The name is registered in many ways, for example gear you made, your husband/wife and faction.

I think if you wanna change to a server with the same database, maybe that would be possible but i doubt it. Besides, most people wanna transfer because of NW times, so they would need a WC-EC or EC/WC-EU transfer anyway.

PWI sadly doesnt have the "realm"-option as other PWE games have where you can change your realm like you want.

And PWI does make more money when people restart on a new server with nothing and buy ZEN to get things instead of having a full geared char already.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • DarkEvion - Harshlands
    DarkEvion - Harshlands Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'm ah have to agree with stormy, I'm ready to leave ya'll hoe bags.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You don't like HL Stormy? b:chuckle

I am fine with harshlands. I have my friends here. I also have friends on Lost City who I want to come to me b:cute
    Many people would love that feature, but its impossible. East-Coast,West-Coast and Morai servers have each a different database, what means if you played on an EC-Server before and wanna transfer your char to any WC or EU-server, there is the high chance that somebody has the same name as yours. Even if you would get the possibility to change your name, that alone would make your character bugged. The name is registered in many ways, for example gear you made, your husband/wife and faction.

I think if you wanna change to a server with the same database, maybe that would be possible but i doubt it. Besides, most people wanna transfer because of NW times, so they would need a WC-EC or EC/WC-EU transfer anyway.

PWI sadly doesnt have the "realm"-option as other PWE games have where you can change your realm like you want.

And PWI does make more money when people restart on a new server with nothing and buy ZEN to get things instead of having a full geared char already.
    Makes sense. But to bad they don't have some way. They could transfer you database. would take more effort. But it all comes down to money like you said. That is what PWI loves.
    I'm ah have to agree with stormy, I'm ready to leave ya'll hoe bags.

Haha, I sometimes would like to leave to be honest. I made a lot of enemies on HL f:hush
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Haha, I sometimes would like to leave to be honest. I made a lot of enemies on HL f:hush

And after all that hard work you want to leave? Shame shame.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    And after all that hard work you want to leave? Shame shame.

It's hard getting some 13-year-old *** kid to buy you r9, okay? You don't understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    It's hard getting some 13-year-old *** kid to buy you r9, okay? You don't understand.

I meant making enemies. It's so difficult. It was hard for me to let myself lose interest in the game when I had so many people to upset. :(
  • DarkEvion - Harshlands
    edited August 2013
    Options

Wow, I totally forgot that she did that. Poor little odd boy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Wow, I totally forgot that she did that. Poor little odd boy.

Hey a rich friend wanted to buy me r9. Not like I made him. Not like I was the only one he did it for either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkEvion - Harshlands
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You're the only one, anyone remembers doing it stormy, tisk, tisk, on you. Go spend your lifes saving on r9rr like the rest of us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I meant making enemies. It's so difficult.

Easiest thing to do. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XxStormy - Harshlands
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You're the only one, anyone remembers doing it stormy, tisk, tisk, on you. Go spend your lifes saving on r9rr like the rest of us.

I spent weeks at his house tutoring him in math and English after school every day. His thanks was my r9 wep. And i spent enough on my r9 gear. Don't really plan on upgrading it with my real money. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2013
    Options
    This thread again already?

Can we stop with the useless threads already?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Options
    This thread again already?

Can we stop with the useless threads already?

Early GZ on 5000 posts. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

1. PWE could make more money by making it. imagine if they made the server change, i dont know 3000-5000 zen, yes not golds, zen. since servers economies are different, to make it "fair" they could do that. bet a lot of ppl who are staying on their current server would play to transfer.

2. you say name databases are the problem, bt you doubt you could transfer to a server with the same database, then what is the problem?

3. if the said database was a real database, the character wouldnt be listed by its name, but by an ID.

the Character table should be something like this if it was well made, ofc there would have way more datas

ID | Name | Class | Spouse

1 | Example | 1 | 2
    2 | TheSpouse| 7 | 1
    3 | NoSpouse | 3 | NULL

so, if they have something called a database, server transfer would be easy. lets say Example want to change server. Example MUST choose a name for his character. lets say Example is taken, so he choose "NewName". add NewName with class 1 and Spouse at NULL in the new database. in the old database, Example had a Spouse with ID 2. go to ID 2, put Spouse to NULL (auto divorce). delete row 1

so no, shouldnt be that hard. but heh, not like PWE is making lot of money
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2013
    Options
    1. PWE could make more money by making it. imagine if they made the server change, i dont know 3000-5000 zen, yes not golds, zen. since servers economies are different, to make it "fair" they could do that. bet a lot of ppl who are staying on their current server would play to transfer.

2. you say name databases are the problem, bt you doubt you could transfer to a server with the same database, then what is the problem?

3. if the said database was a real database, the character wouldnt be listed by its name, but by an ID.

the Character table should be something like this if it was well made, ofc there would have way more datas

ID | Name | Class | Spouse

1 | Example | 1 | 2
    2 | TheSpouse| 7 | 1
    3 | NoSpouse | 3 | NULL

so, if they have something called a database, server transfer would be easy. lets say Example want to change server. Example MUST choose a name for his character. lets say Example is taken, so he choose "NewName". add NewName with class 1 and Spouse at NULL in the new database. in the old database, Example had a Spouse with ID 2. go to ID 2, put Spouse to NULL (auto divorce). delete row 1

so no, shouldnt be that hard. but heh, not like PWE is making lot of money
    Couple of problems with your theory though.

1. Some servers share the same name database and some don't.
    2. The info isn't just in one database. It's in an SQL database and also integrated into a couple of proprietary Berkly databases.
    3. It's not just your character data faction/spouse/whatever. You're also in the guild database, and your character ID is attached to everyone one your friends list, and their information as well.
    4. Oh yeah, it's not just your information that's traversing several very specialized databases that are all integrated with one another, but your character data with your items, skills, quests, attributes, and many more details are all stored in a separate xml datasheet.
    5. Almost forgot to mention. Our developers in China, they didn't even make this game. They barely know the code well enough to do half the job that most of us with private servers have been doing for years.

Sure it's possible. It's also possible that I can turn my Saturn Vue 2.0L into a 1200hp racetrack monster with mostly bolt-on's. Both are about as likely to happen.

It's actually extremely difficult. Would have to be diligently performed manually. With a high probability for human error. We don't do it on private servers, you're definitely not going to see it here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]