Messed up pricing on Mysterious Chip Pack Sale

Neodaystar - Sanctuary
Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
I was wondering if anyone else notice this, I've been wondering for a while if this is a mistake or intended by the marketing department?

Currently the chip pack prices are as follow:
- 50 packs for 12 silver
- 100 packs for 25 silver

Meaning for every 200 bundles of the 50x packs you buy, you will save yourself 1 gold, and this can be a difference of 20 mil for a full r9 set depending on your server's gold price. (20 mil difference!)

If you look at the pricing for all the other items, the larger bundle option gives you a larger discount so you save a little bit more, but this isn't the case with the chip packs. Did someone in the department mess up a simple math logic or was this the intended pricing to suck out more money from lazy players who doesn't know how to hold down the 'y' key to spam buy packs in the boutique?
Post edited by Neodaystar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is the same sale they have always put on every so often. Nothing new.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was wondering if anyone else notice this, I've been wondering for a while if this is a mistake or intended by the marketing department?

Currently the chip pack prices are as follow:
    - 50 packs for 12 silver
    - 100 packs for 25 silver

Meaning for every 200 bundles of the 50x packs you buy, you will save yourself 1 gold, and this can be a difference of 20 mil for a full r9 set depending on your server's gold price. (20 mil difference!)

If you look at the pricing for all the other items, the larger bundle option gives you a larger discount so you save a little bit more, but this isn't the case with the chip packs. Did someone in the department mess up a simple math logic or was this the intended pricing to suck out more money from lazy players who doesn't know how to hold down the 'y' key to spam buy packs in the boutique?

Well, if one were to take the 'glass is half full' perspective, since 25 will not divide equally in half - the 12.5 was rounded down, and toward the customer's favor! b:surrender
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Rank 9 is cheaper for rich people , CS i mean because people who dont CS have to buy ingame gold and it cost 1.9 M each so there is nothing cheap about it.....I just realize that lol
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think the price is messed up. Normally they would list as 13/25 and not 12/25
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It was always like that, I remember saw a thread about it a year ago or so. Not new, but some people don't realize it and buy the one at 25 silvers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why do these r9 hacks cry about this stuff?

Discuss.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They qq cuz they don't have the sale. "When are they going to have an R9 sale? When is the good sale? It's been forever, they **** us"

They qq when they do have a sale "Why do they keep having R9 sales, we just had one, they keep **** us" "My shop is not making money on R9 stuff cuz they keep having sales"

Then the in-betweeners qq "I already have R9, why are they putting another sale up, sell something else".

Like I said before. R9 is not going on sale for merchants benefit. R9 is going on sale because PWI knows that those that buy R9 and use it, don't have a chance of a return on in-game coin. That's what I call Permaspend, you permanently spent your money. This is what PWI wants people to do. This game is catered to the cs'ers, including me. You always going to have a qq fest no matter what sale, update, expansion, stuff removed, skill change, new toons, graphics or server updates, doesn;t matter. Someone unhappy is always going to find something or someone to qq about.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Some of you guys are missing the point that I am trying to make. I am not writing to complain that the price of the chips is too high or too low, nor about the sale running a month too long, nor about the sale being on too often. Yes, I notice that this price for the chips has been that way for a while. I am trying to bring up the attention and question if this pricing is intended to sucker people into paying more because of this abnormally, or if the people in the marketing department made an error. And not everyone knows about this.

Based on the logic pricing of all the other items in the boutique, this doesn't follow the pattern of "buy more pay less." Here, if you opt to buy the larger bundle of items, you are paying more than buying the same quantity with the smaller bundles.
  • saberflare
    saberflare Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Some of you guys are missing the point that I am trying to make. I am not writing to complain that the price of the chips is too high or too low, nor about the sale running a month too long, nor about the sale being on too often. Yes, I notice that this price for the chips has been that way for a while. I am trying to bring up the attention and question if this pricing is intended to sucker people into paying more because of this abnormally, or if the people in the marketing department made an error. And not everyone knows about this.

Based on the logic pricing of all the other items in the boutique, this doesn't follow the pattern of "buy more pay less." Here, if you opt to buy the larger bundle of items, you are paying more than buying the same quantity with the smaller bundles.

PWI isn't actually suckering people into paying more because 50% of 50 silver is 25 silver, they kept their words on that. However, 50% of 25 silver is 12.5 silver, they have a choice to round down or up. If they rounded up, it would make a lot of sense, but if they round down, you will be paying more buying the 100x. There is no half-a-silver either like there is no half-a-penny. So the 100x is discounted by 50% which is less than 50x discounted by 52%.

To your "logic pricing of all the other items" is incorrect because if you see the original prices of the M.Chips, there is no benefits of buying 100x compare to 50x before the sales. Unfortunately, M.Chips does not fall with the same logic pricing of other items.

But your right, everyone should know about the cheaper option, but people should be more careful with what they buy. The lesson for all MMOs is to always check the prices before buying, boutique or cat shops.

Here something off-topic, but if you see the rep badges 50x, which was originally 45 silver, was 50% off to 23 silver, so they rounded up instead of rounding down compared to the M.chips. So the the 50x rep badges was less than 50% discount (48.88% to be exact).

Anyways, what's the occasion for the 50% rank sale?
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To the OP, Neodaystar, thank you so much for pointing this out.

I had no idea! I actually bought chips to make GSTs yesterday and naturally aimed for the 100 one without realising that it's cheaper. Thank god I didn't buy the bulk of what I needed, phew.

So thank you for pointing this out. I think PWI is just being... PWI. That's all. Thanks again Neodaystar!
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks