PWI Ruining GST Market

Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
This has gotten ridiculous. A chip sale every few weeks now. PWE maybe should stop trying to suck people's wallets dry and restore the markets to the way they once were. Most merchants (along with me who really isnt a merchant) are frustrated with this. Am I wrong, or has it gotten a little insane?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmmm.
    Do people get rich selling Mys chips?

Rep is on sale again?
    Is it the huge sale?
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pwi sales tactic is nothing new

clear your inventory faster and dont invest so much into one item to resell for profit

not pwi job to manage your merchanting for you
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This has gotten ridiculous. A chip sale every few weeks now. PWE maybe should stop trying to suck people's wallets dry and restore the markets to the way they once were. Most merchants (along with me who really isnt a merchant) are frustrated with this. Am I wrong, or has it gotten a little insane?

O, there is "chip sale" and someone buy them ?
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2013
    I am not a merchant myself and I do not invest in sales, but it seems ridiculous for prices to drop so low on something that is normally so valuable. It also throws off gold prices so people who farm for coin in order to get gold get messed with as well. Basically, rapidly repeating sales arent helping very many.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    finally a chipsale again, after 28 long days of normal price.
    the word "limited" seems to get a bit overused in pwi-terms ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited August 2013
    finally a chipsale again, after 28 long days of normal price.
    the word "limited" seems to get a bit overused in pwi-terms ;)

Exactly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pwi is trying to **** merchants, it`s always with these sales so you can`t manage to sell the goods you purchased for higher prices, usually if you are not patient enough (like me) you will try to get rid of them for same price you bough or even sometimes cheaper, thus leaving you with some losses, they are ruining every farming possibility also step by step, now what`s only left is lame TT since they made book farming nearly obsolete, greed is nothing to to this company, f2p - if you like to squirm!
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I assume they are just trying to make r9 more affordable to more people.

However, even at half off it's way too expensive...doesn't even include cost to upgrade, shard, and refine etc.

Personally I wish they had more things like Morai where people actually have to earn the gear and skillbooks which can't be bought.

They seriously need to do something about tokens. It takes like the entire market every time one or 2 people upgrade 1 piece of gear >.> Prices are ridiculous for tokens at least on my server due to this.
    edited August 2013
    Pwi is trying to **** merchants, it`s always with these sales so you can`t manage to sell the goods you purchased for higher prices, usually if you are not patient enough (like me) you will try to get rid of them for same price you bough or even sometimes cheaper, thus leaving you with some losses, they are ruining every farming possibility also step by step, now what`s only left is lame TT since they made book farming nearly obsolete, greed is nothing to to this company, f2p - if you like to squirm!

Well said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    only fail merchants are screwed.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Smart merchants are buying the sale items, selling off what they can at a small profit during the sale, and marking up the remainder afterwards for larger profits, not buying boutique stuff at normal prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Parode - Sanctuary
    Parode - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Personally I wasn't expecting another chip sale so soon.

As a merchant, I had no trouble at all selling my GSTs before the sale (a few days ago in fact). I sold them at a reasonable price and made quite a reasonable profit. It's just a matter of not holding on to your stock for too long.

EDIT: Why is my avatar an archer when I'm an assassin >.>
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The only thing I am really annoyed bout this is that its gonna keep the gold high, its been high for past month now <.<.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited August 2013
    Personally I wasn't expecting another chip sale so soon.

As a merchant, I had no trouble at all selling my GSTs before the sale (a few days ago in fact). I sold them at a reasonable price and made quite a reasonable profit. It's just a matter of not holding on to your stock for too long.

EDIT: Why is my avatar an archer when I'm an assassin >.>

may i ask for how much you bought and sold? on harshlands we paid like 4.8-4.9 in the end of the last sale and most of us sold them for only 6 mil. many shops still have their gst/chippacks. competetion seems to be huge there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Or you can buy them now, and hold them till the sale is off. It's the way of the market. This is nothing new, same old sale, same old qq'ing. Like someone else said, PWI is not the ones that are supposed to manage your merchanting.

Treat your shop like the stock market. Buy low, when the price rises, start selling it off. If you don't know how to manage your shop, then you shouldn't be merchanting, your just going to continue to lose money. Your really going to qq when the real R9 sale happens. 50 gold for 5 MOG's, lower prices than this sale on mysterious chips and rep. Only happens 2 times a year, during the anniversary and cyber monday. b:laugh
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited August 2013

so you have a problem that people can finally buy R9 cheaper? Wow how can PWI be so cruel?
    The only problem I have is gold be so damn expensive 1.9 M
    edited August 2013
    The only thing I am really annoyed bout this is that its gonna keep the gold high, its been high for past month now <.<.

It's only a problem for those that don't put money in the game, the non-cs'ers. 20 zen = 20 gold = 1.9m each gold......woot. I buy and sell gold every so often with in-game coin too. I bought at 1.4 and held on for this gold spike. Time to sell it off.
    edited August 2013
    so you have a problem that people can finally buy R9 cheaper? Wow how can PWI be so cruel?

It's because they are only thinking of themselves. Great for those that want R9, sucks for them lol
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Treat your shop like the stock market. Buy low, when the price rises, start selling it off. If you don't know how to manage your shop, then you shouldn't be merchanting, your just going to continue to lose money.

lies, everyone knows that you buy the GST with the sale at 4m and then leave them in the catshop for the full price of 8m.

2. qq when pwi has a new sale and you only sold max 1 out of 500
    3. ????
    4 PROFIT!!
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    may i ask for how much you bought and sold? on harshlands we paid like 4.8-4.9 in the end of the last sale and most of us sold them for only 6 mil. many shops still have their gst/chippacks. competetion seems to be huge there.

Posting from another account b:chuckle

I forget the exact price I paid for them (bought gold at ~1.4m so there's a rough estimate) but I did sell them for 4.8m. There was one shop selling a couple hundred for that price, while everybody else was selling 5m-5.1m. I'm slightly convinced a shop bought mine from me to try to resell for 5.1m b:surrender.

You guys have some pretty high-priced GSTs o.o Either way the market isn't "dead" and I doubt it will be for quite some time. Like every other single area of the market, it has simply changed.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited August 2013
    gold is 1.9 mil on HL and even on Morai its 1.6 mil. thats why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013

And people like me find it hilarious to see merchants rage at that sale. xD

On my server we told people to don't try to merch that. First the last sale was enough long for people to get what they needed and enough long for all merchants to stack them, we told people that they would not make money with that any time soon.

A pro merch would have not invest in that.

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited August 2013

On my server we told people to don't try to merch that. First the last sale was enough long for people to get what they needed and enough long for all merchants to stack them, we told people that they would not make money with that any time soon.

I totally agree. At one point, it was the hottest thing to sell. But since the R9 items are always in the boutique and they spam sales on them, it's not worth the time, expense, and hassle. It's a loss for anyone trying to make money on it. the only items that make some sort of coins, are MOG's, but only when they are purchased at 50 gold for 5, then wait for that sale to end. And even then, your going to be waiting a long time before you can get one out of your shop.
    edited August 2013
    Pro Merchants unite \o/ b:laugh
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2013

You'd think that but my shop still sold 65 of my 270 GSTs at 1.3m profit each. 85m in a month isn't too bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited August 2013
    You'd think that but my shop still sold 65 of my 270 GSTs at 1.3m profit each. 85m in a month isn't too bad.

What I mean is some people though they could make 3m profit on each GST after the first sale, it's those merchants that rage cause yes they could get a profit, but not as much as they though and not as fast as they thought and they rage cause they need again to wait if they want to be able to sell them 7.5m-8m and make 3m profit on each.

For me 85m a month is good, but for some merchants it's ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There's a lesson here:

PWI sells cheap and 1/3 of the players wail, "PWI is **** us by killing our businesses!"

PWI doesn't sell cheap and a different 1/3 of the players wail, "PWI is **** us for profit!"

The other 1/3 just play the game and roll their eyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    lol PWI is not sitting around saying "Hmm I wonder how many people are not going to be able to sell their R9 stuff they stocked up on". Nope they saying "lets put a sale for R9, so we can get more people trying to reach high levels and spend some money". It's not up to PWI to control your shop and make you profit. PWI doesn't care what you do with your in-game coins or merch. It's all about RL money for them. This R9 sale is not for the merchants benefit, and neither are any other sales. The sales are for the shoppers and to introduce new items with the hopes that the items are used for the fun of the game. Remember, new people are constantly joining that have never played PWI before. So for those players to have the opportunity to get in on R9, it's what PWI is looking to do. These sales are preschedule months, maybe even a year in advanced, without your shop in mind.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I think HT prices went from 4.1m (sale) to 4.3m (post-sale). I have a few GSTs that I've been holding, waiting for prices to go up some more.
    edited August 2013
    By the way Asty did you received my little gift in the mail recently?

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]