What next?

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Archer
I'm looking for advice on what to do next on my archer. I'm too lazy to use pwcalc, so I'll just put the stuff here:

r9s3 bow +12, 2 Garnet Gems
r9s3 armors +10, 4 Exclusive Citrines
r9s3 belt
nvs3 cape & hat +10, 3 Exclusive Citrines
G14 cube neck (phys) +10
r9 ring, w/ +48 phys def
r8 ring
Pan Gu Tome

HP is 20k with level 10 barb buffs, 21k if I also use the 103 NW potion.

I know a lot of archers recommend magical neck over physical neck, b/c of refines on rings, but I bought the neck I have because it was pre-refined for a cheap price. Also, I find myself dying most often to BMs / Assassins in Nation Wars.

I know I need to replace the r8 ring.

NW tokens are about 80k on my server.

So, any recommendations on what I should improve first? I'm currently merchanting to get a G16 cube neck. Should I get a pre-refined Sky Cover first? Or should I "skip" refining those and just aim all the way for the ascended versions, not bothering with any temporary upgrades? Or is getting +11 on all gears better?
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Get better shards. Don't bother with G16 cube neck till the end. It looks flash and it's nice but you would make better gains defensively by sticking with a G15 and sharding/refining better. Depends on how much money you can make and how long it will take but get rid of your r8 ring and get a sky cover and refine it as you see fit, high if you're gonna take a while to upgrade it or visa versa. The r9 ring upgrade would be a better target to work to as an archer in my opinion before you look to upgrade your sky cover. I sharded before I refined to +11 because my defensive gains were much more for the money I was spending. If you shard attack levels is suggest refining and getting the r9r ring first though since those are the things that generally improve defense most for dot builds.
    Hope I helped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm looking for advice on what to do next on my archer. I'm too lazy to use pwcalc, so I'll just put the stuff here:

r9s3 bow +12, 2 Garnet Gems
    r9s3 armors +10, 4 Exclusive Citrines
    r9s3 belt
    nvs3 cape & hat +10, 3 Exclusive Citrines
    G14 cube neck (phys) +10
    r9 ring, w/ +48 phys def
    r8 ring
    Pan Gu Tome

HP is 20k with level 10 barb buffs, 21k if I also use the 103 NW potion.

I know a lot of archers recommend magical neck over physical neck, b/c of refines on rings, but I bought the neck I have because it was pre-refined for a cheap price. Also, I find myself dying most often to BMs / Assassins in Nation Wars.

I know I need to replace the r8 ring.

NW tokens are about 80k on my server.

So, any recommendations on what I should improve first? I'm currently merchanting to get a G16 cube neck. Should I get a pre-refined Sky Cover first? Or should I "skip" refining those and just aim all the way for the ascended versions, not bothering with any temporary upgrades? Or is getting +11 on all gears better?

Switch both rings for any +10 ring that gives you pdef, you should gain about 2k. Pdef neck > mdef neck because blocking mdmg with def charms is cake. in general terms, the ascended version of anything makes no real difference, but costs a ****ton of coin. You could probably +11 3-4 pieces of gear for the price of a +10 g16 cube neck, so ask yourself wether 1.2k hp > 200pdef +4 attack and def lvls.