I would like your opinions..

2»

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    167688.2/251734.2=0.6660525

I got a 43.4% difference from those numbers o.o. Did I do something wrong? Can you do one w/o pangu, and another with windsheild for both?

It's typical displayed the other way as 251734/167688=1.501, or 150.1% in the same way that 2 is 200% of 1 as shown by 2/1. Another example would be 5 aps / 3.33 aps = 1.5 or 150%.

You claim to be soloing 3-3 squad mode with 6.6k hp and 7.7k pdef fully buffed?
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's typical displayed the other way as 251734/167688=1.501, or 150.1% in the same way that 2 is 200% of 1 as shown by 2/1. Another example would be 5 aps / 3.33 aps = 1.5 or 150%.

You claim to be soloing 3-3 squad mode with 6.6k hp and 7.7k pdef fully buffed?

I can't solo 3-3, that hits a bit too hard, also I haven't ran it enough to get used to the bosses. I have about 9.2k hp with sage barb buff and 8k pdef, I can add a buff pill that gives me 9-10k. I can solo half the bosses in 3-2(not steelation, beast or emperor when he's being a ****), and all the bosses in 3-1 and this is w/o a cleric. As you said, you dont mind your HP dipping, on bosses in 3-2 its neccessary for me to do that, but in 3-1 I never let my HP dip below 50% if I don't have to. I stay charmed, but I'd prefer if it didn't tick.

As for earlier comments, most of my amps are on my genie, and are cast during my spark+powerdash casting to maxime dps, I don't need to RDS, to get another spark. I keep auto attacking, while in effiecient, it allows me to get into a groove so that I don't get supprised by random attacks and I prefer to save my RDS for when **** hits the fan.

5.0 equal comparasin would assume both sins have a tome, that would put the sage at 4 aps, not 3.33, and demon at 4.0 if w/o a tome. Also you assumed I have sage WE, i never said I did >.>.

You are right about demon being better for over all in pure damage aspects, that is undeniable, however my point about amping over similarly geared sins still stands. Mainly a 3.33 vs 4.0 comparision in most cases (too lazy to do the math at this piont). Factor in habits of the players themselves and it is very possible for me to pull ahead of most of my demon counter parts, however unlikely if they amp themselves. As for how long I've been playing. I spent 4 years playing barb and have been playing sin for a year. You are right I am very adamant about being sage, but that's bc of all the bs I've endured for my culti choice, and I continue to prove those who doubted me wrong, because that's all I can do. I speak in a very matter of fact way, so forgive me of it seems like I'm launching a personal attack. As for playing how you think a sin should be played, logically it implies that your way of playing is best for all sins, and I stated that was not true (I am very literal in this case), then it would implies demon is best because it works great for you. Maybe I took that the wrong way, but touche Mr.Sakubatou, touche.
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    razi go wha ever you want culti dont really matter b:chuckle b:shutup
    myself dont find confortable whit demon lvl 11 skills b:cute but i guess play what ever you like more and this discussion about sage/demon just have what 3 years of this ?b:cute
    some ppl go sage some ppl go demon everyone happy
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    167688.2/251734.2=0.6660525

I got a 43.4% difference from those numbers o.o. Did I do something wrong? Can you do one w/o pangu, and another with windsheild for both?

% difference = (final - initial) / initial = (251734.2 - 167688.2) / 167688.2 = 84066/167688.2 = 0.5013830887... ~ 50.1%
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2013

@Raziyal, you could alternatively go Demon and farm gears, then switch to Sage. But that is your personal preference. If you want to just go pure pve, then once you have gears go pure pvp, you could do that. If you want to do PvE mixed in with PvP, Sage is better for the PvP part, and isn't that bad in PvE if you have every single -int gear like you said. I don't farm instances anymore after I switched to Sage since I've pretty much quit. Sorry.

Thanks Zsw :3 I'm looking for both a bit of PvP and a bit Of PvE, i will strongly have 3.33 aps as i don't have an -int tome (which im considering to farm as i could use it on my veno, who i may turn R9 at a later date )
    and since my archer was sage 4 (well now 3.33 aps) and there on the same account i can account stash her gear to my sin, which solves my aps issue for mainly farming haha.
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
  • DarkEvion - Harshlands
    DarkEvion - Harshlands Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Simple
    Are you going to pay out the ***?
    Yes

Are you going to be DPH?

Yes

Sage

No

Go demon

Yes

Are you going DPH?

No

Are you going to do R8 recast interval gear?

Yes

Go Sage

Are you going to do R8 recast interval gear?

No

Go demon.

The end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Demon is just clearly better when it comes down to farming. Sage spark is cool but demon got rib strike making gap smaller between paths and ability to solo. Sage rib strike on other hand makes farming quicker, though at real endgame farming that 10% hp reduction is pretty insignificant. Imo the main things sage got over demon are PvP related minus BP/Rib strike at times. Then again sage is imo clearly better when it comes down to PvP, few of the skills make endgame DPH sins pretty disgusting to take down.

I would suggest going demon, sage doesnt really get that much stronger in PvP till you can actually tank people a bit (Full 3rd cast armors at decent refines). Aps set at high refines only work a bit against physical classes, doesnt allow room for many magic attacks before you are dead. What I am trying to say, sins have different PvP and PvE sets and even if you have full +10 aps set, fighting endgame toons relies heavily on not getting hit with magic attacks while same refines on PvP set allows taking some hits and thus sage tidal actually gets quite disgusting.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, I've played both demon AND sage (had two different sins), I eventually rolled my demon into a sage also, I prefer it both PvP AND PvE, more DPH, and if played well more DPS. Better BP is also an AMAZING bonus in PvE.

Sage also gets the better tidal and focused mind as far as if you KNOW which benefit you want, (though it lacks the flexibility demon has in the respect to being able to use whichever one and get the regular benefit plus a mild version of the other)

Also, the power dash allows for FAR more DPS than demon allows due to 10% extra crit vs the **** immobilize

It also helps that sage rib strike acts as an HP debuff for TT and such

Sage spark damage reduction is also great for flexibility between DPS and Survivability
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Demon is just clearly better when it comes down to farming. Sage spark is cool but demon got rib strike making gap smaller between paths and ability to solo. Sage rib strike on other hand makes farming quicker, though at real endgame farming that 10% hp reduction is pretty insignificant. Imo the main things sage got over demon are PvP related minus BP/Rib strike at times. Then again sage is imo clearly better when it comes down to PvP, few of the skills make endgame DPH sins pretty disgusting to take down.

I would suggest going demon, sage doesnt really get that much stronger in PvP till you can actually tank people a bit (Full 3rd cast armors at decent refines). Aps set at high refines only work a bit against physical classes, doesnt allow room for many magic attacks before you are dead. What I am trying to say, sins have different PvP and PvE sets and even if you have full +10 aps set, fighting endgame toons relies heavily on not getting hit with magic attacks while same refines on PvP set allows taking some hits and thus sage tidal actually gets quite disgusting.

Relentless courage can get a sin demon spark aps for a while. Forgot how long it last, but it does take a dedicated genie to set up.