Need Tips

Options
2»

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Never heard of anyone dying because they lack 12% channeling considering they get 1 shot in the first place tbh.

clerics need r9rr+12 icebournes, magic rings and -80% chan otherwise thumb's wiz cant tank w2
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    clerics need r9rr+12 icebournes, magic rings and -80% chan otherwise thumb's wiz cant tank w2

wut GG?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • NottLie - Dreamweaver
    NottLie - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I did some few modifications and now i have this build : http://pwcalc.com/8cc6708cdabbc7ad
    Im lazy to do all the maths now, but ring is about 720m to do, belt 520m, rings 440m each, is not impossible and im in on my way to make this happen and i think i will not be oneshot by r9 's and i can share the gear/rings/belt/neck ...but whatever now im full g15 just need badges to start to make my g16 and i have 5k hp base i need more few inscriptions to make the belt...
    My question is how much time i need to farm 30 cogs?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    If you have enough cash to get a r9 ring and a +12 r9rr wep, you might as well just go ahead and get the r9rr armor as well. Do I need to do another cost breakdown for you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited August 2013
    Options
    must be a server thing, don't we have the crazy helm on a non r9rr+12 josd fll NW upgrates toon?
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Never heard of anyone dying because they lack 12% channeling considering they get 1 shot in the first place tbh.

You sure you want to roll with that argument?
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »

There is no argument. Channeling and mag attack doesn't save you from one shot. Why do you think channel clerics are one shots? *rolls eyes*

Im a pure magic cleric.. So i dont need extra mag attack from rings. I got -9% channeling now that i bought a +10 sky cover. Do i die more cause i lost 6% channeling? No i don't. I die less.

So go ahead prove us wrong at tells us how mag att and channel = Survival as opposed to Pdef = Survival.

@op: it looks better but those +1 Def levels there is hardly enough to make a difference. Since you going R9 why don't you go full r9 rather than g16. Pretty sure the armor costs just as much as the weapon
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    R9 recast armor costs the same as R9 recast weapon. If you're planning to get the weapon (+12 even) then it means you can easily afford the gear.

Here's your calculator: Calculator 1
    Here's a R9 recast calculator: Calculator 2 (sorry Eolia, I used yours and modified it a little because I was lazy)

The second calculator would cost as much as the first calculator (or maybe less, I didn't do the actual maths). You seem like you want to focus on getting the highest grade and +12 all of your ornaments but for that price you can just buy r9 recast.

The second calculator has everything just +10 and yet it has just 1% less physical damage reduction, 2% more magic damage reduction, similar magic attack (due to R9 giving so much magic, +12 wep in 1st calc vs. +10 wep in 2nd), more defence levels without using any DoD or JOSD, 6 more attack levels eithout using any DoT. The second calculator doesn't even have a recasted Sky Cover (Star's Destiny) so it can have even more Defence/Attack levels and Physical defence.

The whole point is; the money you want to spend on the first calculator could be used to get the second calculator (and probably have leftover coins).

IF you have alts then sure, getting G16 Nirvana gear sounds reasonable but otherwise it's just a waste of coin the way you want it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I did some few modifications and now i have this build : http://pwcalc.com/8cc6708cdabbc7ad
    Im lazy to do all the maths now, but ring is about 720m to do, belt 520m, rings 440m each, is not impossible and im in on my way to make this happen and i think i will not be oneshot by r9 's and i can share the gear/rings/belt/neck ...but whatever now im full g15 just need badges to start to make my g16 and i have 5k hp base i need more few inscriptions to make the belt...
    My question is how much time i need to farm 30 cogs?

I'll let you in on a little secret, that build will still be a one shot to many R9s... If you want the best for your cleric then go full r9rr, if you are happy having gear that can be used on multiple toons then sure stick with the G16. Just be aware that G16 nivana does not compare to r9rr at all - take a close look at the calcs that Eoria and Desdi have posted, they are better than what you are looking to get in almost every way.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »

Your only possible counter argument is that due to the lack of 12% channeling, they couldn't use Plume shell in time. Considering that 12% channeling speeds up plume shell by 0.06 seconds, I hardly consider that a factor.

Lets say we have Person A and B.

Person A cannot get 1 shot because he has high enough pdef. In addition, he can also plume shell.
    Person B will get 1 shot unless he plume shells on time.

Who has the advantage?

@OP, G16 is weak compared to even regular R9, and r9rr rolls regular R9.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

@OP, G16 is weak compared to even regular R9, and r9rr rolls regular R9.

LOL...

Full G16 is better than plain R9.

If a full G16 cannot beat a full plain R9 than it's not the gears the issue, but the person between the keyboard and the chair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    LOL...

Full G16 is better than plain R9.

If a full G16 cannot beat a full plain R9 than it's not the gears the issue, but the person between the keyboard and the chair.

lol what? I guess the proc (for half the classes) and the crit means nothing?
    And yes I realize that clerics are a support class. However, you bought up full g16 beating r9 in pvp, so it obviously isn't a support scenario.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    lol what? I guess the proc (for half the classes) and the crit means nothing?
    And yes I realize that clerics are a support class. However, you bought up full g16 beating r9 in pvp, so it obviously isn't a support scenario.

If you see a cleric playing support in PVP these days pls let me know, they all turn metal mage for some reasons. Plus the discussion was already about PVP, I didn't bring that up, yourself said ''R9rr rolls R9'' so I assume you wasn't speaking about PVE.

Also G16 defenses is better than plain R9, so even for support G16 is better than plain R9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    If you see a cleric playing support in PVP these days pls let me know, they all turn metal mage for some reasons. Plus the discussion was already about PVP, I didn't bring that up, yourself said ''R9rr rolls R9'' so I assume you wasn't speaking about PVE.

Also G16 defenses is better than plain R9, so even for support G16 is better than plain R9.

I was referring to the cleric DDing, or 1v1ing, or trying to survive from other people's DD. A cleric will have more trouble against a r9 sin/bm/seeker/barb/archer than a G16 of the same class. R9 arcanes will also get better crits than G16 arcane. Don't have exact calculations for defenses or damage differences, although last time I checked it was minimal.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I was referring to the cleric DDing, or 1v1ing, or trying to survive from other people's DD. A cleric will have more trouble against a r9 sin/bm/seeker/barb/archer than a G16 of the same class. R9 arcanes will also get better crits than G16 arcane. Don't have exact calculations for defenses or damage differences, although last time I checked it was minimal.

As this is a post about cleric gear, the point you make about other classes gear (weapon procs) has little relevance. Truth is for a cleric full G16 is better than the standard r9, base defences are better and arguably better stats - only downside is that it is not guaranteed 4 sockets. They will survive better than a standard r9 cleric against your said classes, there is no argument that melee and archer r9 weapon procs are better than G16 weapons.

The point is a G16 cleric is going to do better than a r9 cleric.

R9rr blows anything out of the water - especially for caster classes. The above points and comparing G16 vs r9 are pretty moot as if someone were to get standard r9 why wouldn't they upgrade?
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hmm. I forgot there is a first cast r9 and second cast r9. I guess i was thinking more of second cast r9 compared to g16, where my effective hp calculation shows that r9 was better.

My Mistake, sorry. Carry on.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

edited August 2013
    Options
    KOS MITA YOU BOUGHT THE SKY+10 for 155m i wanted to buy qqqqqqq KOSSSSSSSS
    Hmm. I forgot there is a first cast r9 and second cast r9. I guess i was thinking more of second cast r9 compared to g16, where my effective hp calculation shows that r9 was better.

My Mistake, sorry. Carry on.

well if you have second cast r9 there is no way you wont recast it and get r9rr. (unless you had refined it like some sins I know).
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Cause I played r9r before r9rr which is why i got confused (if you know what i mean) ;o
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

edited August 2013
    Options
    Cause I played r9r before r9rr which is why i got confused (if you know what i mean) ;o

get confused and buy me r9r instead of r9 scrabblesb:cute
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    get confused and buy me r9r instead of r9 scrabblesb:cute

But you're already r9rr D:
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin