Update old content for high lvls

Options
ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Suggestion Box
i know it might have been suggested before but since we never hear about it...

here is the idea. update low lvl instances for higher lvls.
for example (but should do it for every single one), Gate of Delirium (FB39), could be turned into an instance for lvl 100+. but not a different instance, like Phoenix Valley that are using 1/10 of some low lvl FBs. but the full instance at a higher difficulty.
could add a npc outside, like Trophy Mode maybe, quest can only be taken by lvl 100+ to enter the instance (like PV for example)

or even better, add different lvls : 100+,101+,102+,103+,104+,105. so it makes players lvl their characters, good for PWE.

of course, difficulty should be hard enough, and have some kind of reward. but i think it could be a good idea because :

-would add more content for high lvl players
-easier to make than add new real content (instances already exist, no need to add region or new story)
-think a lot of old players would like it, would remind them when they started to play , but at their lvl, not running the low lvl instance

several other MMOs are doing this way, so of course its possible, and thats a good way to keep players.

really doubt it will ever make it to china, but heh, worth a try.

now ready for the hate comments b:avoid
Post edited by ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    even if its a really good idea, PWI wont change anything cause they never listen to their customer
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    They actually would need to duplicate the maps to do this properly.

The instances already exist with their own sets of mobs within them. Unless the devs were to massively alter the maps or duplicate them, you'd end up with both the old mobs/bosses and whatever new ones this had to offer in the same area. Which could cause its own set of bugs/glitches and the like.

This would be an interesting idea, though (as long as it didn't occupy the current maps used). Personally, I'll sometimes solo FB19 on a low level veno that has no herc just to remind myself of times in the past. (and I do this with no bless/genie or new gears so I can enjoy the challenge it used to give us).
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You also have to consider server load as well. Every time you add another instance, you need to make sure the current hardware can handle it. Using different servers for different instances can get rid of this problem (game is already built for it) but add's additional cost a well.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    They actually would need to duplicate the maps to do this properly.

The instances already exist with their own sets of mobs within them. Unless the devs were to massively alter the maps or duplicate them, you'd end up with both the old mobs/bosses and whatever new ones this had to offer in the same area. Which could cause its own set of bugs/glitches and the like.

This would be an interesting idea, though (as long as it didn't occupy the current maps used). Personally, I'll sometimes solo FB19 on a low level veno that has no herc just to remind myself of times in the past. (and I do this with no bless/genie or new gears so I can enjoy the challenge it used to give us).

Ctrl+C > Ctrl+V mob types and bosses, increase new mob stats by fixed rate and reassemble it all in a new way.

But i think this Idea wouldnt work well, they'd make the instances impossible for nirvy g15 +5~ people, they would only be madeable by g16+ squads >.>

Wanmei sucks
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Why would you stay G15 +5 these days?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Why would you stay G15 +5 these days?

good point... the major barrier for g16 is tt99... then the raps/unc for g15... but if you have g15 it's just a bunch of WS runs which is (a) one of the most fun instances (b) the most accepting in terms of class variance instances
    you only purge once #yopo