Why did a lot of people leave Perfect World?

Comments

• Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Most people I know have left because they simply can't afford to play. They refuse to use so much real money to buy their gear and they don't have time to only farm and farm. And others leave because most people are 100+ and lowbies rarely find help or anyone to hang out with.

Then there are those like me who could easily afford anything the game has to offer, but who are not foolish enough to part with thousands of dollars for a game that is losing people faster than it is gaining. They milk people over and over, as seen by the past few months at the length of sales. It used to be a couple of days to a week when high ticket items were on sale, now its a month, and sometimes longer. That tells me they are attempting to milk more suckers who have no concept of debt, or they just don't care and are trying to get whatever they can out of a dieing game.

Plus as stated, I enjoyed PWI until it became more PvP centric. I enjoy PvE, so once I find a new game that isn't a greedy smorgasboard of cash shop wh0ring, that focuses more on PvE (western hemisphere style gaming) and there are a few very promising games on the horizon, I will log out of PWI once and for all, like so many have before me. And if ARC becomes a necessity to play, I will quit even sooner.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nah, it's just cause i group u in with the dooche bag genre of people b:lipcurl gee, I wonder why? b:question

Eh, I'd rather be a **** than **** like you :3

On-topic, the issue is just game direction. The game has prioritized packs over in-game content, and that kinda sealed its fate. While recent development since Morai has been positive, I fear it's a little too late.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why didnt you just do that?
    b:scorn
    *** off
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Most people I know have left because they simply can't afford to play. They refuse to use so much real money to buy their gear and they don't have time to only farm and farm. And others leave because most people are 100+ and lowbies rarely find help or anyone to hang out with.

Pretty much this, you need to work your *** off in order to be at least somewhat competitive, if people don`t have time at all I`d suggest not playing MMO`s at all, MMO in general implies that it will suck out all the free time you have, unless you have made a lot of friends here that don`t care about your gear, you will do fine, if not random people will not be so forgiving, since speed and efficiency is what describes PWI nowadays.
  • qupidyn
    qupidyn Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    READ THIS

I wish we have some more % Sales in the future :(
  • Danuca - Momaganon
    Danuca - Momaganon Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i left because of farming thing , im a decent guy and i cant afford to donateto be top geared...all i can farm IG i got (awakening armor, wep+10 ,average shards- no dots,dod or gems-cube neklace and belt) ... when r9 was not different from g16 awakening i was prety a chalange to well geared people , but new update comed and i stop playing from there
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Eh, I'd rather be a **** than **** like you :3
    Comments like this coming from someone who mentions "logic" in any way shape or form is quite amusing. Here is a question for you, since your sig states enough that makes you "sound" like maybe you understand math...

How does math apply to science? b:question b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxXxIrisxXxX - Dreamweaver
    XxXxIrisxXxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, wonderful answers! I am on right now, and in the cities, you can definitely tell Perfect World lost a huge amount of people. I hope there will be more people, and hope they think about the players suggestions. :/ Thanks all!! b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cute Meow b:kiss
    Here to be your Kitty. Make you all happy.
  • qupidyn
    qupidyn Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm very experienced player, I have playing in other PW version before (even PWI doesn't not exist), so Perfect World mean to me more then 6 years of mine life. But this is not a point, perhaps i can answer you this question, why players leave?.

1. Players, doesn't like any of changes in game. So if any "new" things is/are added to game, some players leave it, no matter what it is/are.

2. Players like to play with friends, so if friends stay, they stay too if not, they are leaving. That's way "new" updates and new things can make this game some more "interesting" and less boring. But how you know, new things can destroy whole game system(look 1st point).

3. Boutique Shop in game. This is most hated and raged "addition" to the game. We have a players witch like on "easy" way, to have all in a short time, but others players hate it, case "to easy= less game experience". This is just an example: "Hyper exp stone" x5 for 1 hour(exp x12). If I'm lvl1 and someone take me to FC, so I'll turn this exp x12 for a 1 hour, then after 1 hour I'm lvl 55, which no game knowledge. "Reputation Sale" was most pain in !@#, (I remember times, where all high lvls 80+ can kill other players for "FB" spot in squad) to get some reputation. Now that's annoying. Other ways, Item Shop destroyed whole game, that's way so much players gone for good. I don't tell about anniversary packs etc(with ruin whole game gold prices).

4. 105lvl and what now?. Yes like in all others games, 105lvl mean end(well 105lvl in this game :D), thay are no more options for full upgraded or max upgraded and geared players. One way is a PK mode, but not every server is PvP, in PvE server you can only grind something for no reason, or you can try white nick name and pk in West Archo ;).
    For this players should be a special war, which can enter only 105lvls, no less, but this is only mine opinion.

5. Boring..so bored. Yes some players can't "give up" to playing and are bored after some week of playing. Guys you need some rest, but don't quit the whole game just because of this!. True, game can be bored after some time(6 years and still playing), but you need to find a guild or friend witch need your help or just do something good to random players, BH/FB help? or like so.

6. To expensive. True, now in mine server 1 gold cost 1,7kk(1,7M) so I know how pain full that can be. One option are [Bounty Orders] from Jolly, every day(~30kk/M) in 31 days. In this game stage you can't get lot of money from selling own manufactured stuff, because of this pack, witch is for free to all (Dreamchaser pack), so after lvl 90(yes players keep this to lvl90), you can bought "TT" weapons/armors/ornaments or wait till lvl100 and get Nirvana Set. To get money you can start grinding on mobs lvl90+, well lot of bots in game with r9 grind it this days, but who care(no reports/ticked effects at all).

7. GM where are you?. Yep..GM almost never in game. In mine times, GM was 24/7 online in game, if you say something stupid on WC for example "Go to hell you stupid "player Name", i'll kill you later", get muted for 24H or banned for 3 days ^^, now players speaking ALL on WC, event sexually things etc, who care?. NO ONE.

I know they are more and more points to tell you, WHY players left this game, but good thing is, new players will be always coming, so PWI will be never empty.
    KEEP PLAYING, MORE FAITH :)
  • pennywise29
    pennywise29 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First off I have been playing for more than 4 years and play regularly on 2 servers 1 PvE - 1 PvP. I started back in the day before Hypers, BH or School Teacher. I have seen the decrease in drops, drop rates, coin farming, population in areas where you use to have to fight of kill steals because there weren't enough mobs to go around. The later areas are now empty. One can spend a day or two there and if your lucky maybe see one other new player.

Back to topic:
    Other reasons people have left is because the execs at PWI have yet to pull their heads out or their butts and see what's going on. They totally ignore players and continuously insult them. It's been said numerous times on these forums over the years, it's not any one specific think but an accumulation of a lot of little things. PWI has a very bad habit of pretending that their player population are all basically idiots and will conform to anything they decide to force on us. Yet we can see the population is dropping. Each week more leave and less come in as new players. Until the execs pull their heads out of their butts and start listening hard and fast to the community, PWI will die forever. More, but small reasons....

Why are we still dealing with bugs that are 5 years old? Lazy devs? They just don't give a damn? They figure players will put up and shut-up? It seems as if they have never heard the expression: "The Straw that Broke the Camel's Back". A lot of little things add to the frustration players have and then when something big comes along, it's "bye bye" time.

A good example of insulting players. World Horns. When they first came out, massive uproar as to how intrusive they are. They got take out fast, then re-installed with that added feature of that pop-up screen to make your you get more of what you don't want. Less than 1% of horn usage is legitimate. Most of the World Shouts are Rude, Lude, Crude, Crass, Insulting and clearly Offensive, which clearly demonstrates the lack of GM attention and/or how PWI doesn't give a rat's a$$ about what is going on. By bring back that World Horn with a Pop-Up screen made a simple statement by PWI to players. In other words they said: "*** U take what we give you and quit b1tching."

That Auto Path slider. When it came out, players complained that it was a nuisance to use, having 3 or 4 characters that were running World Quest, etc with hundreds of times of taking flight, having to adjust that slider over and over, when the original one was a simple preset flight height and hit a confirm button when you took off.

A simple thing like that redundant Encyclopedia flashing icon on our mini map. "Turn off the flashing!!!", asked by hundreds of players. PWI's reply: **** you and ignored the request.

So how did PWI begin to deal with the drop in population. Simple, they figured that all players, again, are idiots and can be fooled. They took away packs at the lower prices, kept them away to 4 weeks, jacked up the price, then brought them back at the new higher price claiming "SALE!!!". Sure they have some loyal pack buyers, but many figured if your going to try to play us as fools, we're not buying packs. That's what happened. PWI's reply, bring in new packs, on "SALE!!" with even a higher price tag. And the population continues to drop. Now, players see how PWI is just trying to milk what few players they have left. Some buy into it, most don't.

PWI's fix for this is now ARC.

You want to see a hard core population drop. Wait until they force Arc on us which is nothing more than some kind of sales job for their other games. They think that after seen how this game has gone down the tubes over the past 3 - 4 years, that we "the Stupid Idiot Players" are going to want to jump into another PWI game and spend, spend, spend. I'd like to know which dumb witted head-up-their-butt exec came up with this idea.

If you add up all what has been said as reasons in this thread, big reasons and the "drops in a bucket" reasons, you'll see why people leave. You might think that PWI would have enough intelligence to figure some of this out, but they continue to ignore their players, keep dreaming up new schemes which every one to date has caused even more of a population loss and they still will not listen.

There are many like myself, that we absolutely refuse to be forced in using ARC. Trust PWI with their crappy ideas and have them install this junk on our computer? Not a chance in hell. We don't give a damn what reward system they put on ARC. Lose current rewards to this new system? That's just another "**** the Idiot Players". ARC will be the biggest mistake PWI pulls off.

PWi just hasn't realize yet that the more they add, the more players they lose, every single time. Plus the fact that former players are out there warning others to stay way. So you'd think with all the information contained in this thread PWI might listen... Fat Chance, after all we are all just idiots in their eyes.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    qupidyn wrote: »
    READ THIS

I always lol'd when i saw comments on what pwe can and cant do by gm's and other players here. All you have to do is read the license posted on that site to see how full of it pwe has always been
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I always lol'd when i saw comments on what pwe can and cant do by gm's and other players here. All you have to do is read the license posted on that site to see how full of it pwe has always been
    All I can say to that is disgusting. AND... too bad I will personally never touch another game with PWE / PWI attached... Like their newest one they had adds running for and you could buy into the beta... So they can develop new games galore, still aint touching them. Maybe one day they will realize how to keep customers, but I'm willing to bet that by that time, it will be too late

Good grief, @pennywise... thats what that "arc" thing is... some way to try to get us to see the other games? lol... if the scroll down on this website is not good enough to do that, pushing some program on people will have the exact opposite effect. Although i seen threads stating something about some "arc" system or w/e... i never read that stuff because i still have had no problems running w/o this arc thing. AND IT BETTER STAY WAY. But you are absolutely right. So this arc is gonna cause a flood that makes players leave two by two b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All I can say to that is disgusting. AND... too bad I will personally never touch another game with PWE / PWI attached... Like their newest one they had adds running for and you could buy into the beta... So they can develop new games galore, still aint touching them. Maybe one day they will realize how to keep customers, but I'm willing to bet that by that time, it will be too late

Good grief, @pennywise... thats what that "arc" thing is... some way to try to get us to see the other games? lol... if the scroll down on this website is not good enough to do that, pushing some program on people will have the exact opposite effect. Although i seen threads stating something about some "arc" system or w/e... i never read that stuff because i still have had no problems running w/o this arc thing. AND IT BETTER STAY WAY. But you are absolutely right. So this arc is gonna cause a flood that makes players leave two by two b:laugh

On a few points sadly, I agree. I will never play another PWE game. For every good thing implemented in PWI, they **** up ten other things, most of which has already been said in this thread. They want to be the Rolls-Royce of games in terms of cost for the naive player, but unfortunately a RR grill on a Ford Tempo does not make a Rolls-Royce.

Sure I was having fun playing alts, since end game doesnt really interest me, but I am no fan of their tactics, business, or outright lies. To the fans that cant see the forest through the trees and thinks everything is fine, by all means, buy your r9, refines, shards, robe, ornaments, helm, etc. I feel for you as I see the population dropping more and more.

Secondly, if ARC is forced I will jump ship faster than they can say R9.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Master_Ghoul - Lost City
    Master_Ghoul - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm very experienced player, I have playing in other PW version before (even PWI doesn't not exist), so Perfect World mean to me more then 6 years of mine life. But this is not a point, perhaps i can answer you this question, why players leave?.

1. Players, doesn't like any of changes in game. So if any "new" things is/are added to game, some players leave it, no matter what it is/are.

2. Players like to play with friends, so if friends stay, they stay too if not, they are leaving. That's way "new" updates and new things can make this game some more "interesting" and less boring. But how you know, new things can destroy whole game system(look 1st point).

3. Boutique Shop in game. This is most hated and raged "addition" to the game. We have a players witch like on "easy" way, to have all in a short time, but others players hate it, case "to easy= less game experience". This is just an example: "Hyper exp stone" x5 for 1 hour(exp x12). If I'm lvl1 and someone take me to FC, so I'll turn this exp x12 for a 1 hour, then after 1 hour I'm lvl 55, which no game knowledge. "Reputation Sale" was most pain in !@#, (I remember times, where all high lvls 80+ can kill other players for "FB" spot in squad) to get some reputation. Now that's annoying. Other ways, Item Shop destroyed whole game, that's way so much players gone for good. I don't tell about anniversary packs etc(with ruin whole game gold prices).

4. 105lvl and what now?. Yes like in all others games, 105lvl mean end(well 105lvl in this game :D), thay are no more options for full upgraded or max upgraded and geared players. One way is a PK mode, but not every server is PvP, in PvE server you can only grind something for no reason, or you can try white nick name and pk in West Archo ;).
    For this players should be a special war, which can enter only 105lvls, no less, but this is only mine opinion.

5. Boring..so bored. Yes some players can't "give up" to playing and are bored after some week of playing. Guys you need some rest, but don't quit the whole game just because of this!. True, game can be bored after some time(6 years and still playing), but you need to find a guild or friend witch need your help or just do something good to random players, BH/FB help? or like so.

6. To expensive. True, now in mine server 1 gold cost 1,7kk(1,7M) so I know how pain full that can be. One option are [Bounty Orders] from Jolly, every day(~30kk/M) in 31 days. In this game stage you can't get lot of money from selling own manufactured stuff, because of this pack, witch is for free to all (Dreamchaser pack), so after lvl 90(yes players keep this to lvl90), you can bought "TT" weapons/armors/ornaments or wait till lvl100 and get Nirvana Set. To get money you can start grinding on mobs lvl90+, well lot of bots in game with r9 grind it this days, but who care(no reports/ticked effects at all).

7. GM where are you?. Yep..GM almost never in game. In mine times, GM was 24/7 online in game, if you say something stupid on WC for example "Go to hell you stupid "player Name", i'll kill you later", get muted for 24H or banned for 3 days ^^, now players speaking ALL on WC, event sexually things etc, who care?. NO ONE.

I know they are more and more points to tell you, WHY players left this game, but good thing is, new players will be always coming, so PWI will be never empty.
    KEEP PLAYING, MORE FAITH :)

old old pw-my wish existed before pwi only old cosmetic nd goes what the game flurished.

we hade gm watching wc and muting ppl on wc chat ... i was on oracle server.

when ppl say game need to sell power to survive dude that is not true

game can sell only cosmetic and still make money and have a huge player base
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    old old pw-my wish existed before pwi only old cosmetic nd goes what the game flurished.

we haade g watching w and muting ppl on world chat ... i was on oracle server.

when ppl say game need to sell power to survive dude that is not true

game can sell only cosmetic and still make money and have a huge player base

Just look at Riot Games.
  • xkanx
    xkanx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    READ THIS

Dota 2 mentioned here?
    Just look at Riot Games.

Riot Games is the Grade A model of F2P company there was a thread that was moved comparing Riot and PWE. Cant remember how long ago though >.<
  • nixop
    nixop Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PWE is greedy company making money on naive and easy addicting people

(i dont have nothing against cash players - ofc someone have to keep servers and games up)

tho manipulating gold prices,greedy boutique sales for years and adding new over powered gears every few month was really unnecessary

they been making money on charms,mounts,fashion etc...
    it was just pure greed which resulted in most of player base leaving the game...

even tho PWE made fortune that way...they built a really bad reputation that is costing them already a lot and it will just increase....this is internet and words spread really fast....any gaming forum,youtube or any other site gives really bad reviews about this company and their games....
    same as most people playing pwi still....and PWE ex employees
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Calling a company greedy? -I take it you've never been a shareholder.
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this thread kills my boredom on office
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There are many reasons why so few new players are coming in, and why in general there are less people playing the game. Let's go over a few!

1.) Boredom: Unfortunately, the last actual expansion killed the weekly farming of Nirvana. In Nirvana's death came Nation Wars on the weekends, deader TWs, a very weak canny/rap market, etc. However, it did encourage players to farm full Warsong runs, and Lunar too! The most unfortunate thing is in the process of getting players cheaper gear (G15/G16), they killed an instance completely - that being Nirvana. Farming for in-game coins now is completely reliant on merchanting and/or farming Warsong, soloing FF for players, etc.

Why get bored? Nothing is new, really. What was released in the Siren's of war expansion is nothing short of the same old stuff. New packs w/ flyers/mounts, new fash, wep fash, G16 gear, r999 gear, a dead nirvana instance, cannys/raps super low in prices, some random new quests here and there, and of course - nation wars on the weekends.

The game never got any better with the introduction of the content updates since then. A new barb/veno form that has no skills attached but costs money and time to get. Nirvana not fixed up to make it worthwhile. Abba/SoT were revamped, but again - this change was designed at players with good gear and team work. It provides little intensive for getting new players to come in the game, or the older ones to continue playing.

2.) Wanmei/PWE's disgrace: The players have consistently asked for and used suggestions to make the game more entertaining, polished, etc. The way the company has treated the players - like cows waiting to be milked, is pretty disgraceful. We can't blame Perfect World Entertainment wholly for this, but they are supposed to relay the messages back to Wanmei, provide reasonable service to the players (both in server quality and support), and are responsible for weekly sales in the Boutique. Both Wanmei and PWE have failed at providing all three things to what most players have wanted. There have been many bugs that have provided exploiter's much in the way of benefits, and the game is completely one-sided to Pay2Win (P2W).

My opinion: No game should allow players to purchase items from the in-game (or out of game) shop that provides both direct and indirect balance issues and gives the player(s) an edge or advantage over another. Putting gear into the shop, and the mere fact that your cash can be turned into gold, which can be turned into coins, which can buy ANYTHING in the game - it's stupid, pointless, ruins the balance of the game, and is a direct attack on all players that don't throw equal amounts of cash into the game as one another.

3.) Out-dated: You know, if the game would have been managed a bit better - both by PWE/Wanmei, this wouldn't be much of an issue. However, the game's mechanics (grinding, kill x amount of mobs, events, etc) are all out-dated in terms of 2013 MMOs. The graphics are dated, the client has memory leaks and can't utilize modern hardware (so it runs like **** on most systems), etc. While I don't mind that old, out-dated graphical look and feel that PWI brings; the pay2win model of play that PWE has put into place has now taken it's toll. That's why most legit players have left.

4.) That in-between feel: The next expansion will (should) be released at the end of the year. With that being said, we are now in that period of time where people have grown bored of the new stuff offered from the last expansion and previous content updates, etc. This happens to all MMOs before an expansion, including the one with worlds made of crafts, that has wars. It's only logical to wait and see what the next expansion will provide. If it's any good, older players will come back to play some of the new content, and new players may see adverts, e-mails, etc about the expansion - providing more players.

Final thoughts:
    I truly believe that we have reached that decline point. We have actually been at a decline for a year or two now, but it's becoming more evident now. As new games come out all around the year, they lure what is remaining of the players and fewer people are around here. It's evident even on the forums, where once the entire first page of "General discussion" was of that one day, and now it's multiple days (8-8, 8-7, 8-6), etc. I believe that the game will continue to be supported for many more years, along with another few more expansions and a handful of content updates. But it should be noted that the game's player base is in steady decline (there's no doubt), and we can't expect players to just hop back on the pay2win bandwagon. Sure, you can work hard for your coins and still get good gear. But, when putting cash in a game instantly gets you all you can get with hard work... You've done something wrong with the economics model (For PWE's sales department).

I fully agree especially on point 2. I don't play more than year, but I'm checking what's in game. And PWI is going downhill couple years already. I'm pretty old player and the best years of PWI were first 2. Then is just dying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    3 other games released, people left pwi to play those.

I will not mention which games they are, but most people know what im talking about.

Also, perfect world been so broken, 90% of those who still play it, plays for addiction and doesn't have fun playing.

People could have way more fun with this game like 4 years ago.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frankenstein - Momaganon
    Frankenstein - Momaganon Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Horrible is it at the Morai Server.

My feeling is that since the Server merge left 30-40% of the players. We have now only some more ppl then before the server merge. And yes that is what I promised before the merge.
  • hitaomaru
    hitaomaru Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've basically stopped playing for loss of interest...
    I've found a game that requires less farming,
    rewards for things other than farming,
    and has constant pvp, or whatever I happen to feel like doing is always available,
    the only thing that it really misses compared to PWI
    are the amount of freedom of interaction and fashion :\
    What's meant for one may not be for another, look at its source, and find its purpose. b:laugh
  • puese
    puese Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I stopped playing because honestly:
    1) i don't have 5 thousand dollars to get gear that will keep me balanced with everyone else.
    2) leveling way too easy...boredom in-sues
    3) nothing really changed after 2 years
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There are many reasons why so few new players are coming in, and why in general there are less people playing the game. Let's go over a few!

1.) Boredom: Unfortunately, the last actual expansion killed the weekly farming of Nirvana. In Nirvana's death came Nation Wars on the weekends, deader TWs, a very weak canny/rap market, etc. However, it did encourage players to farm full Warsong runs, and Lunar too! The most unfortunate thing is in the process of getting players cheaper gear (G15/G16), they killed an instance completely - that being Nirvana. Farming for in-game coins now is completely reliant on merchanting and/or farming Warsong, soloing FF for players, etc.

Why get bored? Nothing is new, really. What was released in the Siren's of war expansion is nothing short of the same old stuff. New packs w/ flyers/mounts, new fash, wep fash, G16 gear, r999 gear, a dead nirvana instance, cannys/raps super low in prices, some random new quests here and there, and of course - nation wars on the weekends.

The game never got any better with the introduction of the content updates since then. A new barb/veno form that has no skills attached but costs money and time to get. Nirvana not fixed up to make it worthwhile. Abba/SoT were revamped, but again - this change was designed at players with good gear and team work. It provides little intensive for getting new players to come in the game, or the older ones to continue playing.

2.) Wanmei/PWE's disgrace: The players have consistently asked for and used suggestions to make the game more entertaining, polished, etc. The way the company has treated the players - like cows waiting to be milked, is pretty disgraceful. We can't blame Perfect World Entertainment wholly for this, but they are supposed to relay the messages back to Wanmei, provide reasonable service to the players (both in server quality and support), and are responsible for weekly sales in the Boutique. Both Wanmei and PWE have failed at providing all three things to what most players have wanted. There have been many bugs that have provided exploiter's much in the way of benefits, and the game is completely one-sided to Pay2Win (P2W).

My opinion: No game should allow players to purchase items from the in-game (or out of game) shop that provides both direct and indirect balance issues and gives the player(s) an edge or advantage over another. Putting gear into the shop, and the mere fact that your cash can be turned into gold, which can be turned into coins, which can buy ANYTHING in the game - it's stupid, pointless, ruins the balance of the game, and is a direct attack on all players that don't throw equal amounts of cash into the game as one another.

3.) Out-dated: You know, if the game would have been managed a bit better - both by PWE/Wanmei, this wouldn't be much of an issue. However, the game's mechanics (grinding, kill x amount of mobs, events, etc) are all out-dated in terms of 2013 MMOs. The graphics are dated, the client has memory leaks and can't utilize modern hardware (so it runs like **** on most systems), etc. While I don't mind that old, out-dated graphical look and feel that PWI brings; the pay2win model of play that PWE has put into place has now taken it's toll. That's why most legit players have left.

4.) That in-between feel: The next expansion will (should) be released at the end of the year. With that being said, we are now in that period of time where people have grown bored of the new stuff offered from the last expansion and previous content updates, etc. This happens to all MMOs before an expansion, including the one with worlds made of crafts, that has wars. It's only logical to wait and see what the next expansion will provide. If it's any good, older players will come back to play some of the new content, and new players may see adverts, e-mails, etc about the expansion - providing more players.

Final thoughts:
    I truly believe that we have reached that decline point. We have actually been at a decline for a year or two now, but it's becoming more evident now. As new games come out all around the year, they lure what is remaining of the players and fewer people are around here. It's evident even on the forums, where once the entire first page of "General discussion" was of that one day, and now it's multiple days (8-8, 8-7, 8-6), etc. I believe that the game will continue to be supported for many more years, along with another few more expansions and a handful of content updates. But it should be noted that the game's player base is in steady decline (there's no doubt), and we can't expect players to just hop back on the pay2win bandwagon. Sure, you can work hard for your coins and still get good gear. But, when putting cash in a game instantly gets you all you can get with hard work... You've done something wrong with the economics model (For PWE's sales department).

You basically sum it up especially point #3, they charge incredibly a lot of money for things like dragon orbs $25 just for one +10 that just refines an item one lvl. Then goes around and just lets a poor quality game get worse. I'm not going to lie I'm actually near the point of quitting myself.
  • Hunt - Raging Tide
    Hunt - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I know what bussines is,but why the hell they almost force us to open packs... lets see,those things who wave chance on something gives serious addiction like poker and slots,and they give those chances of getting something for money everywhere.And that's just impolite. Its not the reason why everyone's leaving,but its a sign how the system works.Probably any developer is reading this and i want to let you know - stop just thinking of money for second. if you make content/sales more player friendly will be more players,and yes,you'll get more profit from a lot of players buying small things than few players selling their houses to buy r9
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if you make content/sales more player friendly will be more players,and yes,you'll get more profit from a lot of players buying small things than few players selling their houses to buy r9

is that your expect opinion as a game producer/analyst?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • frendlydaddy1
    frendlydaddy1 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013

ignore potato head as he cant even show his main
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ignore potato head as he cant even show his main

isn't that some sort of fallacy/b:cute
    you only purge once #yopo
  • HyperNoob - Sanctuary
    HyperNoob - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013

playerbase before pack & ranksales was much bigger and less greedy, dont need to be an analist to say that b:bye