Assault on Archosaur...

Ajiuo - Harshlands
Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
Now I've only ever taken part of the Tigers Event, so I really have no clue what to expect for the Assault on Archosaur event. (This will be my first time doing it since I've always been busy on Friday during the other ones. :x) I tried looking for a guide on it, but there's only a guide on Nein Beast event, are they perhaps the same thing but different name? (Even then, I'd ask guildies/friends but it is so hard to explain long things with a limit on the chatbox. -.-)
If not, will someone give me the lowdown on how it works? Considering the quest logs of events normally don't help at all... If it's possible, can I get coords on things like mobs (and their corresponding levels)/bosses? :3 Thanks in advance. <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
Post edited by Ajiuo - Harshlands on

Comments

• FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    what can you expect? like every other mass event:
    1. lag.
    2. op classes setting up aoe's making all the kills.
    3. a few sins fighting for aggro on the final boss.

All in all: a waste of time unless you're one of the top 0.05% of the server
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Now I've only ever taken part of the Tigers Event, so I really have no clue what to expect for the Assault on Archosaur event. (This will be my first time doing it since I've always been busy during the other ones. :x) I tried looking for a guide on it, but there's only a guide on Nein Beast event, are they perhaps the same thing but different name? (Even then, I'd ask guildies/friends but it is so hard to explain long things with a limit on the chatbox. -.-)
    If not, will someone give me the lowdown on how it works? Considering the quest logs of events normally don't help at all... If it's possible, can I get coords on things like mobs (and their corresponding levels)/bosses? :3 Thanks in advance. <3

Just stand outside Archosaur... waves of mobs run back and forth across the area outside the gate. Be fast, or you'll get rampantly KS'ed and/or drops stolen.

Also, there are some quests you can pick up from the people near General Summer (I think...), which award experience and spirit when each wave is finished.

Lastly, there are bosses that will announce their arrival. This ends with the evil Duke coming and getting himself killed... All of this in a vain attempt to capture the Duke which we would so willingly give to them if peace talks were to be entered...

b:surrender
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    what can you expect? like every other mass event:
    1. lag.
    2. op classes setting up aoe's making all the kills.
    3. a few sins fighting for aggro on the final boss.

All in all: a waste of time unless you're one of the top 0.05% of the server

I think I took part in some other event on the server one time that wasn't Tigers and I did fairly well until I lost idea of what I was doing. I'm not in it to win it, I just like to do something different for a change.

That being said, no more troll posts. I want answers to my questions b:angry

edit: ty kritty <3 hope to get some more detailed answers because I'm pretty slow when it comes to events. (thank god for tiger event wiki or i'd never take part.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's as simple as can be, really.

Mobs spawn, you kill mobs, you get DQ's as drops (quite a few, even though it's not 2x).
    Then a boss spawns after a while, you kill the boss it drops some unique molds, a new type of harder mobs spawn and the cycle restarts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    It's as simple as can be, really.

Mobs spawn, you kill mobs, you get DQ's as drops (quite a few, even though it's not 2x).
    Then a boss spawns after a while, you kill the boss it drops some unique molds, a new type of harder mobs spawn and the cycle restarts.

Okay but do you need to take a quest from someone? If so, who and where? and I'm guessing this takes place right outside of Arch? From all sides or just one side? (i.e. West Arch...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    edited January 2012
    Okay but do you need to take a quest from someone? If so, who and where? and I'm guessing this takes place right outside of Arch? From all sides or just one side? (i.e. West Arch...)

I believe it's only north arch and no, there are no quests. Think of it as a wraith attack, just on a much larger scale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    I believe it's only north arch and no, there are no quests. Think of it as a wraith attack, just on a much larger scale.

Okay, ty NIA. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • krittycat
    edited January 2012

I was sure it was also at West Gate...b:lipcurl

And almost as sure about the quests...

*huff*
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I was sure it was also at West Gate...b:lipcurl

And almost as sure about the quests...

*huff*

*pets* it's okay kritty, we can watch Precious and eat ramen together to drown in our anger~ b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    NPC's spawn on each of the ramps in north south and west gates, you can take a quest for each wave of mobs. There are five waves in total, the mobs growing tougher to kill with each, then a final boss which spawns outside of only one of the gates. the final wave of mobs stays up a few hours after the bosses are done. Event runs roughly four hours

As stated, the mobs drop DQ, Celstones, wraith envelopes, gear and ammo. In addition they are pretty good exp as well. After the event is over, you can turn in the envelopes you have collected for more exp.

All in all its a good event to farm a bit of coin and exp. If you can carve yourself out a good spot on the map, its worth spending some hyper time on. The last time I did it, I was able to stay the entire time and made roughly 2.5 mils on the drops, and as a 100 archer just at 8% exp unhypered

Hope that helpsb:victory
  • Mystic_Man - Harshlands
    Mystic_Man - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Now--

*snip*

If you're from Harshlands, you might as well not even consider event--and I only exclude Theatre of Blood because they are too lazy to actually work for anything.

Catalyst camp kills anything that moves out of West Gate during things like the Nien or Duke event, simply because they don't like coming in second place. Even if you're not a regular showup, expect to get maimed by favorites such as Curso, Guna, $wag, and much more.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15105911002&dateline=1334936268[/SIGPIC]

Save PWI: 2012
    ttp://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/Save%20PWI/

We play this game---We know how to fix it.
    edited January 2012
    you can take a quest for each wave of mobs.

Ohh, yes, there were indeed quests from the guard at the gate. They were just not that profitable if I remember correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Is this not a weekly event on PWI? This event happens every Thursday for PWJP.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    No, it's not weekly in PWI, only by special announcement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    well sins ur on harshlands, expect to get pk'ed alot by people guarding botters. then watch it unfold into a full scale pk war. lol

"OMG SOMEONE THREW A CHAIR!"
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    *snip*

If you're from Harshlands, you might as well not even consider event--and I only exclude Theatre of Blood because they are too lazy to actually work for anything.

Catalyst camp kills anything that moves out of West Gate during things like the Nien or Duke event, simply because they don't like coming in second place. Even if you're not a regular showup, expect to get maimed by favorites such as Curso, Guna, $wag, and much more.

umadbrah?

But seriously, I usually just find a random spot somewhere and proceed to grind about 15k-25k DQ points during the event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Rerum - Sanctuary
    Rerum - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Unless you are (or in a party with) a high refined APS char in party with some APS friends, ignore completely the boss, there is absolutely no way for you to get anything from the boss otherwise, however regular mobs drop a lot of DQ, make a AOE party and get those mobs for DQ is really worth it. b:bye
    How to play the game? 5.0 has the final say!!!
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    *snip*

Huh... I wonder what the PvP next to Harshlands means on the login screen. Normally during events, I only get killed by aoes and maybe once or twice the random ******* who decides to make it a pk event.
    NPC's spawn on each of the ramps in north south and west gates, you can take a quest for each wave of mobs. There are five waves in total, the mobs growing tougher to kill with each, then a final boss which spawns outside of only one of the gates. the final wave of mobs stays up a few hours after the bosses are done. Event runs roughly four hours

As stated, the mobs drop DQ, Celstones, wraith envelopes, gear and ammo. In addition they are pretty good exp as well. After the event is over, you can turn in the envelopes you have collected for more exp.

All in all its a good event to farm a bit of coin and exp. If you can carve yourself out a good spot on the map, its worth spending some hyper time on. The last time I did it, I was able to stay the entire time and made roughly 2.5 mils on the drops, and as a 100 archer just at 8% exp unhypered

Hope that helpsb:victory

Thanks very much, it is very helpful and informative. b:cute

As for the boss, lol I'd never do enough dmg to even think about getting a boss drop, esp since everyone is endgame with endgame gear unlike myself ;x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
  • krittycat
    edited January 2012
    So I was right... comforting to know.b:chuckle
  • k0kai40
    k0kai40 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This event is completly useless with 100 of pkers running around. Sins use Spoils of War and make you loose all of your DQ items. They should turn pking off just for that event...
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    k0kai40 wrote: »
    This event is completly useless with 100 of pkers running around. Sins use Spoils of War and make you loose all of your DQ items. They should turn pking off just for that event...
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

k0kai40 replied to a message that was 1 year 6 months 22 days 3 hours 36 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.