Quest name color meanings

Options
ravenspeak
ravenspeak Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
I have notice that there are quests in my quest log that are colored other than white, for instance there are blue quests, purple quests and magenta quests. I have play for a while but I still do not know what they mean. Does anyone know the meanings behind the colored quest names?
Post edited by ravenspeak on

Comments

• Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Blue named quests have better rewards than white quests, and purple quests have better rewards than blue quests, or so I have noticed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    And gold is required for your cultivation. (Though not always immediately, the time-quests start very early on, but aren't actually needed until 100)

There's also a component of difficulty - purple quests are harder.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    In general the following applies:

White Quests are regular quests with nothing special. The typical rewards of EXP, Spirit, and some coin are all they provide.
    Blue Quests are those with a unique item reward. In other words, quests that reward something other than celestones in addition to, or instead of, your usual EXP/Spirit/Coin.
    Purple Quests tend to be things that are considered more difficult. These tend to include "Challenge Quests" as well as some quests involving bosses/minibosses. These also tend to have extra items rewarded for completion and give more EXP/Spirit than a white quest of the same level.
    Gold Quests are typically quests that are related to your Spiritual Cultivation. These tend to be important quests that are needed for your character to gain access to certain skills and, in some cases, locations as well.
    Red Quests are somewhat unique to tideborn classes as they provide Weapon Tokens. These quests, essentially, send you to the dungeon that your will be entering at the end of that level range. However, it has a chance of giving you either a mold that can be used to craft a legendary weapon for that level range or mirage celestones.

That said, there are some quests you will encounter later on that don't quite fit into the above roles even with their colors. However most quests will stick to the above format.
    (Insert fancy image here)