Thank you Bearclaw

Dylena - Raging Tide
Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
I would like to just thank BearClaw for showing me and as well as others that GMs that do logg in game don't hesitate to help a person in need and do their job as they're assigned.

Long story short, I PMed BearClaw about the issue with PQ3 (Crashing after each mission success and required to re-take it each time). he took time off his busy schedule to go there with me and do PQ3 until we could see if its still not functioning properly. *Snapshot*

Once again, thank you for your help and hopefully we get to see more of the GMs online on all servers for both fun and help.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Dylena - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    that makes me very happy to hear..

..although I do admit WC needs more monitoring, this is a good step in the right direction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's wonderful!
    Thanks for sharing it with us.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Nice.

Ok my question is did PQ3 Work or is it sill playing up?
    that makes me very happy to hear..

..although I do admit WC needs more monitoring, this is a good step in the right direction
    Check out the GA Program below!

GA Program Thread
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited August 2013
    Bearclaw trolled Kitty badly. That cleric has very low HP when afking at Lost Auctioneer. Kitty decided to bring her cleric to heal GM and with another cleric's help healed from about 1,3mils to 7,5mil HP before GM awakened from afk slumber. Bearclaw said Kitty can't get GM healed to full health and disappeared Q.Q

Q.Q

Q.Q

That was really mean Q.Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yes i have seen bearclaw quite a few times, last time he logged and was unaware of the ah problem after the last major update that affected all servers

http://imgur.com/IIXyHn1
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i whant that HP
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes its fully functional atm.

Edit: I suppose its some hours that it goes glitchy and others its working properly. Hopefully it will work normally soon...6-7PM East coast time, it went back to glitching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OMG Wait... A REAL GM! b:surprised It must be someone's bot, cant be real b:avoid
    Actually I seen this one once recently myself... it was cool to see a real GM for my first time finally... they definitely are easy enough to spot... a red *GM tagged to their name ;p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaosbeibei - Harshlands
    Chaosbeibei - Harshlands Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    BearClaw is mineeee i make her sanwiches
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    BearClaw is mineeee i make her sanwiches

That doesnt make her yours, it only makes you hers b:chuckle
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bearclaw trolled Kitty badly. That cleric has very low HP when afking at Lost Auctioneer. Kitty decided to bring her cleric to heal GM and with another cleric's help healed from about 1,3mils to 7,5mil HP before GM awakened from afk slumber. Bearclaw said Kitty can't get GM healed to full health and disappeared Q.Q

Q.Q

Q.Q

That was really mean Q.Q

I can't remember what gm it was but i think it was bearclaw. My friend and i was healing him with stream and sage spark and we got his hp to 1/4 b:laugh Before he laughed then logged
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Hehe, I've seen BearClaw on Sanctuary when we had a WC incident. They logged for a couple of days in a row to make sure WC is good.

I sent them tiger kissy smileys by they ignored me :(

BearClaw seems like an old GM though. I remember seeing them a couple of years ago too, randomly popping in Cube room 1 to check on the PK or just being around... o.o
  • Tayalka - Heavens Tear
    Tayalka - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wrote a ticket some months ago cuz PV crashed all the time for me and my hubby..One night BearClaw appeared while I was doing SoT and offered me to send some money as compensation for lost time, exp and charms.

That happend on MORAI, not even on the server he/she is responsible for. Rly LOVED that fact, that they still cared <3 BearClaw rocks!

And since he/she had no GM-equip on that server I also saw a dead GM b:chuckle

RIP :(
    ~Roses are red,
    violetts are blue,
    God made me beautiful,
    but what happend to you?~
    b:laugh[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Wrote a ticket some months ago cuz PV crashed all the time for me and my hubby..One night BearClaw appeared while I was doing SoT and offered me to send some money as compensation for lost time, exp and charms.

That happend on MORAI, not even on the server he/she is responsible for. Rly LOVED that fact, that they still cared <3 BearClaw rocks!

And since he/she had no GM-equip on that server I also saw a dead GM b:chuckle

RIP :(

That's pretty funny b:chuckle
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    to be honest, dont know what is impressive here. thought that was part of their job.

oh and gms should be logged everyday, not 1 hour each semester
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's the jerk who dissed my gear when I got ****.

I actually got -legit- **** when I had like no gear whatsoever. This was back when r8 was swag and everyone else had Nirvana 1st or 2nd via farming. I don't CS so I was sitting in TT90. Might've just been when r9 came out too, can't recall. Anyways....

Dude's about to return all my stuff to me and says "I'm sorry Longknife, this is all I could find," then proceeds to trade me everything I own.

**** you too! You try getting good gear on a non-CSing, non-farming class. >:C

I also forget, but Bearclaw might've been the one I found randomly AFK outside of safe zone in a random spot in the northeast (near FC) and proceeded to world chat for everyone to come attack him so we could eventually PK him and hopefully one lucky user would get that sweet GM cape. Jerkface disappeared on us when they had like 40% HP left.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • tsyfall
    tsyfall Posts: 9
    edited August 2013
    Ah, GMs in PK. I remember on Archosaur, me and my friend were trolling in Secret Passage. This was when PK was bannable. We felt like trolling. So.

I went and fetched Dismal Shade from the opposite side of the Secret Passage. When I got it into the main room, the AoE killed all the players. This displeased those who died, of course, and they came back trying to convince the GM to ban me.
    Yeah, my friend wasn't too happy about that. He promptly 1-shot the GM, silencing all the players that were complaining.

We didn't get banned.

To this day, we both still have a laugh now and then about that event, and advise GMs to keep their gear on at all times.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    BearClaw appeared while I was doing SoT and offered me to send some money as compensation for lost time, exp and charms.

I wish a GM would log and offer me money for all the money and time I lost in the treasure map quest that was in mountain... (which is over a million...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Chaosbeibei - Harshlands
    Chaosbeibei - Harshlands Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That doesnt make her yours, it only makes you hers b:chuckle

BearClaw gives me 1 flame orb or every sandwich i makeb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish a GM would log and offer me money for all the money and time I lost in the treasure map quest that was in mountain... (which is over a million...)

That's the grey area of being a GM.

Every time I have had to bug the ticket system for something that seemed...odd (like losing my uncannies back before NW was implemented, that was a fun one), BearClaw's been awesome and very helpful (though I did worry about DCing every time I got teleported. Was fun though.)

Wonderful work, BearClaw. Saw you in Dreamweaver a few days ago. f:naughty
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like to just thank BearClaw for showing me and as well as others that GMs that do logg in game don't hesitate to help a person in need and do their job as they're assigned.

Long story short, I PMed BearClaw about the issue with PQ3 (Crashing after each mission success and required to re-take it each time). he took time off his busy schedule to go there with me and do PQ3 until we could see if its still not functioning properly. *Snapshot*

Once again, thank you for your help and hopefully we get to see more of the GMs online on all servers for both fun and help.
    Well, I just decided out of boredom to go do PQ3 myself. When I first got there, there was a small squad attempting to make their way through and apparently finished up to the 30 end guards parts running up the hill to the Prince Tansu. I had grabbed the quest and it failed. I went back to the starter npc and grabbed the quest again to get the 30 kills quest.

As I began this that squad told me it is closed for the night because they got a quest fail message. I thanked them and continued fighting. Made my way through all 30 guards. Once all of the guards were killed, the quest failed again. I went back to the starter npc and grabbed the quest again. Went back and solo'ed Prince Tansu all up in his grill b:cool (and to think I used to have to keep my distance from him). After finally... and I do mean FINALLY killing him solo, the quest again Failed.

So I went back to the starter npc and again grabbed the quest... I headed over to where the rewards chest spawns and there it was... I collected my 6 shard reward as being first place of only one participant... guess who that participant was b:avoid Once the quest ended, the 12:00 midnight server time was well past due. But the PQ3 quest can be completed. It is just a bit annoying due to this hicuping of fails that it is doing. So go git you some rings b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anyway, GM has a special stealth mode where nobody can see them, so you won't really know if they are logged or not unless they are in your friend list. You can't see them doesn't mean they are not around.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anyway, GM has a special stealth mode where nobody can see them, so you won't really know if they are logged or not unless they are in your friend list. You can't see them doesn't mean they are not around.

That is really not what this post is about, there is alot of drama associated with low interaction of gm's and the players in game.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yes, lets thank a GM for doing a job that they are intended to do.

If this was a common occurrence that GM's monitored WC and assisted players in need we wouldn't have to have threads like this.
    b:bye
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yes, lets thank a GM for doing a job that they are intended to do.

If this was a common occurrence that GM's monitored WC and assisted players in need we wouldn't have to have threads like this.

Nothing wrong with praising people.

I've left comment cards for employees doing something well at a restaurant or other business in real life how is this any different?

I've seen GMs around a few times over the years. I'd assume they are swamped with so much that it would be impossible to interact enough to satisfy everybody..
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Serafemme - Lost City
    Serafemme - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nothing wrong with praising people.

I've left comment cards for employees doing something well at a restaurant or other business in real life how is this any different?

I've seen GMs around a few times over the years. I'd assume they are swamped with so much that it would be impossible to interact enough to satisfy everybody..
    I believe Jesya's point is that years ago, GMs popping up in-game and actually interacting with the players in WC/red text, helping people who got stuck in Etherblade's waterfall and other things was a daily or at least a weekly occurrence. Nowadays, I'm very surprised to see BearClaw or another GM log and actually chat with the players.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited August 2013

years ago bearclaw spent time porting me around the server trying to figure out an issue. i was really impressed that a GM took a ticket seriously and really put an extra effort into solving 1 players problem.

sadly i rarely see GM s online or responsive to tickets. it is nice to know they still exist and are helping XD
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah I remember months ago on HT some archer GM logged in and stood at west for like 4 hours. Refused to respond to anyone on the server even it they had a legit issue/problem. It seemed like they were just there for their once in a lifetime appearance. As has been said before, hire 1 GM that would actually log in and play as their work day and things would go a lot smoother with much less QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]