VOTE: Get rid of ARC and get our downloads back

Options

Comments

• PrettyBomb - Raging Tide
    PrettyBomb - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'll have to agree here.
    I still don't understand why they don't give us an alternative way of downloading the game normally without ARC. ARC should be optional, not compulsory especially when it's only on its early stages.

If I was a new customer trying out a PWE game for the first time and had to download ARC, I'd probably not bother trying any of the games if ARC ended up being too buggy and irritating. Things like these drive potential customers away.

A game company should be trying to make it as easy as possible for people to try out its games, not make it harder.

^thisss

+1
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    guess we should spend our tokens.................

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4273/
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2013
    Options
    First of all, PWE develops MMO's, no one in their right mind wants a gaming platform that only caters to MMO's also ONE company's list of MMO's.
    Actually, PWE doesn't even develop most of the MMO's. They just publish titles made by other developers. Which makes the whole ARC-or-nothing experience even more stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Actually, PWE doesn't even develop most of the MMO's. They just publish titles made by other developers. Which makes the whole ARC-or-nothing experience even more stupid.

Lol wow didn't know that. So -1000 from PWE again b:chuckle
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    No, it actually explains it completely.

PWI want eyeballs and moneys. Getting their stuff in front of us is therefore vital to them.

The fact that their stuff is horrible <RABBIT-DUNG> that we don't WANT doesn't seem to factor in the reasoning.

We came here for the game you're republishing, please don't stick stuff between us and that game.
  • Riverwalker - Sanctuary
    Riverwalker - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    My experience with Arc is that I used it to download a fresh client and now instead of running it I just run the client form elementclient.exe directly.

Why would you need to run Arc again after it installs the client?

Agreed b:pleased
    Don't tell me get a life! Honey, I'm a gamer, I've got lots of them! b:victory
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Was just reading through the ARC FAQ's and found something interesting...
    ARC FAQ's wrote:
    Will future versions of Perfect World games require Arc to download and patch?

From a technical standpoint, we would absolutely love to make Arc a central, exclusive platform that serves update and patching functionality for all our games, though we are not ready to do that just yet. First, we want to make the tool something that our players enjoy and feel genuinely improves their gameplay experience. If you have feedback about how Arc can better provide you access to your favorite Perfect World games, please feel free to post it on our forums. We're looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
    From a customer service standpoint, making a beta-product the only available option, is one of the worst mistakes you could make.

And then, to add insult to injury, our requests for information have seemingly been almost completely ignored for several months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gluteus
    gluteus Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    OMG I wrote up this reply once and it said something about some kind of error and wouldn't post it... ok now I am super pissed and haven't even got my point out... dam dam dammmmmm

ok so I have no clue what all those options are so I will not vote and make a mistake...

I have been playing for over 4 years. have multiple accounts, many characters, blah blah blah, and have spent close to $16,000 during those 4 years. (Yes I know that is a lot of money to spend on this game. However, it is the 1 and ONLY game I do play.) It is my only form of entertainment. I am a grandmother and retired and in pain 24 hours a day 7 days a week except that playing perfect world does help to take my mind off the pain for hours at a time for which I am thankful.)

That being said....
    I would not be able to play this game if I had to do something each week other than click on the button that pops up on my screen for the update. I am computer illiterate as well as technology challenged. When I was in school they did not teach these sort of skills on a computer and in fact, I have never had a computer class in my life.

I wouldn't know how to upload, download, or whatever it is called. As I said, I am old, in pain all the time, and really have spent way too much money on here to have to go back to playing solitaire on my computer just because you at PW want to change things up. I will totally be pissed off if I lose the ability to play the game that I have spent soo much money on.

I don't want to have to try to figure out how to install some other thing to have to learn or any of that nonsense. I am certain I am not the only one who is clueless about these things. Please don't make me have to go back to playing solitaire, or if you are going to do that, send me a refund of all the money I have spent to get my characters as they are. Pretty sure you aren't going to do that.

And what is this nonsense of getting a lawyer or attorney as some would call it in this day and age. That is just poor customer service for sure. If someone is trying to make other people's life easier, what business is it of yours to sick a lawyer on them? That is childish and in poor sport of you...
  • FireRaven - Dreamweaver
    FireRaven - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    i agree about Arc adding unnecessary processes to my already cluttered system. In addition to that, I have noticed that no one has mentioned that it's basically a form of spyware running directly on your computer! I don't know about anyone else, but I prefer not to have programs track my usage data and report it to some remote server that I don't is secure or not. I have played this game since beta and have toons on almost every server, but I will quit in a heartbeat if Arc becomes mandatory. PWI, you are really doing your players a dis-service by forcing Arc down our throats.
  • Schnappy - Archosaur
    Schnappy - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I have to jump in here.....everyone complains when there is nothing new in PWI since everyone pwrlvled to get to 100+. Now when PWE puts something new in PWI everyone says they hate it. Make up your minds.

Is ARC all that great....not really. But it is no different then Core. It is only a couple of hours you lost on the game, chill out. PWE is losing more since they are losing all the gold people are spending on hypers or what ever else they use to pwrlvl. They don't like it and neither does anyone else but saying you are going to quit or this is why people don' t join is lame. If you say you are going to quit then do it....don't tell us....just do it and stop trolling and trying to be noticed.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I have to jump in here.....everyone complains when there is nothing new in PWI since everyone pwrlvled to get to 100+. Now when PWE puts something new in PWI everyone says they hate it. Make up your minds.

Is ARC all that great....not really. But it is no different then Core. It is only a couple of hours you lost on the game, chill out. PWE is losing more since they are losing all the gold people are spending on hypers or what ever else they use to pwrlvl. They don't like it and neither does anyone else but saying you are going to quit or this is why people don' t join is lame. If you say you are going to quit then do it....don't tell us....just do it and stop trolling and trying to be noticed.

Arc adds nothing new to the game only to the interface in fact thats the problem if it was new in game content such as new maps, levels, quests, items, e.t.c. most of us would not mind at all, but to say this is new game content just makes us wonder why the company thinks we are that stupid.
    Also the reason we are here and complaining rather than leaving is because this is not compulsory yet and we may be able to change things before we reach that point.

Old Fitter and Machinists saying "Its the squeaky wheel which gets the oil."
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Arc adds nothing new to the game only to the interface in fact thats the problem if it was new in game content such as new maps, levels, quests, items, e.t.c. most of us would not mind at all, but to say this is new game content just makes us wonder why the company thinks we are that stupid.
    Also the reason we are here and complaining rather than leaving is because this is not compulsory yet and we may be able to change things before we reach that point.

Old Fitter and Machinists saying "Its the squeaky wheel which gets the oil."

100% True.
    If they spent the time they took making arc, and instead actually added real content to their games, it would have been 10000x better for them than this disaster.
    Instead of new instances, we got arc.
    Instead of developing a way for us to Server vs Server NW, we got arc.
    Instead of listening to the community, we got arc.
    I feel like... we got the very short end of the stick here.

It's sad we have to fight so hard. Lets hope the squeaky wheels win this time!
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    If I was new to pwi or any of their games and I had decided to give one a try and I learned I had to download arc I would probably back away from it because I wouldn't want to download something else on my computer so that I could download the game. Luckily I had pwi before arc so I don't have to worry but if I was new I would probably be scared off because I had to download something else to get my game. I just don't think its right to force it on people, the direct downloads were so easy and simple and now you have to get arc.
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Not that I'm supporting Arc or PWE, (which should be obvious by this thread), but there's some things that need to be cleared up....
    100% True.
    If they spent the time they took making arc, and instead actually added real content to their games, it would have been 10000x better for them than this disaster.
    You're talking about completely different development teams. The teams that work on the sites, Core, and ARC are so completely separated from the Developers that work on the game, it's not even funny. One is in Bejing, China working for Wanmei, and the other is here in the US working for PWE.
    Instead of new instances, we got arc.
    See above blue statement.
    Instead of developing a way for us to Server vs Server NW, we got arc.
    The reason we didn't get Server vs. Server has nothing to do with development. It has to do with how the servers were originally created. We have a few servers that share the same Unique Name Database, others don't. A lot of people seem to think it would be a simple task to just split the databases. Those people don't have a clue about how many different databases there are, how they integrate to the client, and the kind of work involved in manually separating thousands of accounts.
    And yet, even with all of this challenge, they are still working to make it happen for us.

Instead of listening to the community, we got arc.
    They never listen to the community. That's mainly because the people that matter don't bother to visit the forums.
    I feel like... we got the very short end of the stick here.

It's sad we have to fight so hard. Lets hope the squeaky wheels win this time!
    Which is exactly why I started this thread, and the one you're currently posting in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OldArcher - Heavens Tear
    OldArcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    all this arc bashing and all you have to do is after ark installed go into
    Drive:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element
    and make a shortcut to elementclient.exe

dont dont need to run arc its optional lol

and patcher is
    Drive:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\patcher

and updates like regular old pwi w/o arc running b:laugh
    problem solved move on

boycotting arc would put there efforts to further develop it more
    copy the element client.exe and patcher.exe incase they take it out in future updates and put them back in folder after each update they cant make you use it.

look at steam how many people hated steam and well they never submitted to using it google "no-steam/gamename" there everywhere :p
    ofc also people that stole games use it but alot of the people also use it when they bought the game.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    all this arc bashing and all you have to do is after ark installed go into
    Drive:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element
    and make a shortcut to elementclient.exe

dont dont need to run arc its optional lol

and patcher is
    Drive:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\patcher

and updates like regular old pwi w/o arc running b:laugh
    problem solved move on

boycotting arc would put there efforts to further develop it more
    copy the element client.exe and patcher.exe incase they take it out in future updates and put them back in folder after each update they cant make you use it.

look at steam how many people hated steam and well they never submitted to using it google "no-steam/gamename" there everywhere :p
    ofc also people that stole games use it but alot of the people also use it when they bought the game.

checkthis first

Check this post and read this thread

Do not make assumptions please.
  • Artemiko - Raging Tide
    Artemiko - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I honestly don't have a problem with Arc. Thankfully I installed PWI before it came out. From the looks of how Arcis set up, you can't really dual client. I don't like that at all. But meh, PWE is going to do what they do, no matter how much we all complain about it. b:chuckle
  • shibers
    shibers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    i cannot minamize screen to do other things. i have to close pw all together if i need to check google for anything its dumb i dont like it bring old way back pls this sucks
    edited September 2013
    Options
    shibers wrote: »
    i cannot minamize screen to do other things. i have to close pw all together if i need to check google for anything its dumb i dont like it bring old way back pls this sucks
    That issue doesn't have anything to do with Arc. You should start a thread in the Tech Support forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Not only is this company's customer service so bad they cannot organise the send an email to very long term and loyal customers without stuffing it up.
    They also discriminate against people who refuse to use ARC Read This. http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=900951
    No coupons for the naughty children who do not use ARC.
    This is discrimination.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Not only is this company's customer service so bad they cannot organise the send an email to very long term and loyal customers without stuffing it up also they discriminate against people who refuse to use ARC Read This. http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=900951
    No coupons for the naughty children who do not use ARC.
    This is discrimination.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it's because they didn't set the mail to over-ride the promotion filter settings on the accounts.

I have 8 accounts, only one is on Arc. 7 of the 8 did not receive a mail. One did, it's a storage account I started a few years ago. It's the only one that still gets spam from PW in the mailbox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Sry there are 2 separate statements there I am not implying that ARC is the reason for a lack of organisation with the Emails.
    My bad English lol
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I hope the Dev's are really reading this.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    im kinda curious what arc looks like, i still have the old version without it >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I vote to get rid of Arc altogether it doesnt work and is a fail program.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • luckydragonheart
    luckydragonheart Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    It doesn't freaking work! At first when they was like 'you need to download arc..." I was like "Ok, I don't really want to but sure..." Then I download it... and I can't freaking download pwi! I even ran arc repair and nothing freaking happens with that either! I reinstalled it god knows how many times but still it won't work! At this point I envy people who have arc but are unsatisfied with it, at least it works for you. b:angry
    edited September 2013
    Options
    It doesn't freaking work! At first when they was like 'you need to download arc..." I was like "Ok, I don't really want to but sure..." Then I download it... and I can't freaking download pwi! I even ran arc repair and nothing freaking happens with that either! I reinstalled it god knows how many times but still it won't work! At this point I envy people who have arc but are unsatisfied with it, at least it works for you. b:angry

how dont it work? does it download any files? and "installing" is a joke cause it dont install and show in add remove only arc does lol PWI never has :P
    edited September 2013
    Options

PWE came out with ARC. It's basically their version of Steam. Most of us don't want it, but to download any of the newer content, it's basically forced on us.

I would like to point out I download new content without arc b:victory

I never run arc to update and patcher still works for me

and I downloaded arc and downloaded PWI in it then I opened my computer and went to C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment where it installed itself
    then you see the folder named PWI_en?

cut that out of that folder and paste somewhere else then uninstall arc and that works alone too b:laugh
    it updates and all just open it and make shortcuts for PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe for the game to open and bypass patcher
    and one for patcher PWI_en\launcher\Launcher.exe
  • Aryaale - Archosaur
    Aryaale - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This is so frustrating.
    I just got a laptop back from my ex-husband and he deleted all of my files and games from it. I've been trying to install PWI via Arc for three days now and it only gets to 34% then resets the download entirely.

.___.

GG PWI.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This is so frustrating.
    I just got a laptop back from my ex-husband and he deleted all of my files and games from it. I've been trying to install PWI via Arc for three days now and it only gets to 34% then resets the download entirely.

.___.

GG PWI.
    That's usually a sign that you didn't take care of your antivirus software before downloading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.