I'm gonna sound noob haha

Raziyal - Archosaur
Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Blademaster
Before anything, I use to have an old lvl 100 BM (still do) on a diffrent account.
I've currently decided to make a new one on the same account as my veno to share the HA and farm warsong...

anyway.. Could somebody explain the stun locks for a bm >.< I've completely forgotten, since i have a better understanding with cleric and veno, rather than my bm, i feel dumb XD

Cheers <3

b:surrenderb:sad
101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
102 Archer (Sage)
104 Barb (Sage)
101 Psy (Demon)
104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
Post edited by Raziyal - Archosaur on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1. You are demon, right?

2. Stun locks in the age of Faith, sage Tidal, BoC and purify spell is a lot less useful

3. Cycling demon RotP, Drake bash, quick-firing filler skills like Drake Sweep, Fan of Flames, Draw Blood, Tiger maw, Drake's Ray, or autoattack if using claws. If clawing have your axes on an easy hotkey

4. If using claws and spamming chi pot/chi steal/chi gain you can quite literally cycle these forever on a barb or something that doesn't usually have antistuns that can be used while stunned (purify spell, Badge of Courage)

5. If you see a fortify icon, smack + whirlwind, unless it's a dex genie user, in which case you will need to put both Badge of Courage and Fortify + vac powder on CD. Fortify will break your stuns by resisting the next stun on the chain.

6. Purify weapon user: top lel gg bro gg; blade hurl, RotP (does not require weapon) and oneshot it or gtfo.

7. Stuns do NOT overlap. 2 stuns in a row are wasted
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    1. You are demon, right?

Yes Im Demon XD
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yeh stunlocks these days are much harder to pull off with puri weapons and ppl on average having higher LP genie's key is unless ur extremely confident in ur timing and lack of lag is to chain stuns with alternate debuffs i.e RoTP - smack/OI - Drake Bash with fast acting skills in-between or auto atks if its a caster stay away from using aps and dph more as this gives less hits to give them a free purify and immunity ( even if they no r9 weap its good practice to get ur combo's down cos least u can still catch em if u miss time ) in 1 v1 its more now knowing wen to stunlock and how t ouse ur other debuffs rather than simply tryin to perma lock and grind em down
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There are several levels of stunlock. The most simple of which is:
    Demon Roar of the Pride (6 seconds)-> Drake Bash (7.5 seconds).
    RotP has a 14 second cooldown and will become available right as your DB dies. DB has a 15 second cooldown and will come up about .5 seconds after your roar dies. You can see this combo takes 135 chi, so the only way to keep it up is to attack 27 times during that 15 seconds, which is easily done with aps, or use 14 skill attacks which is harder but regains some of the chi. Occasionally I'll stunlock a person and aps if I have low chi until I build up 3-4 sparks, then throw in my HF.

If you are slightly sloppy on timing, or dont have the feel for exactly 6 seconds or exactly 7.5 seconds (your DB and RotP stun lengths) you can link your stuns using Smack or genie skills like Occult Ice, or Whirlwind since these can be applied while the person is stunned.

Drakes Bash-> ~7 seconds later Occult Ice-> ~5.5 seconds later RotP->~5.5 seconds later smack-> Drakes Bash...

Occult Ice has a 15 second cooldown and can be used regularly but is genie dependant and may fail. If it does, try to use Flame Tsunami if you hp allows for a quick stun, or use Smack instead. Smack has a 40 second cd and can't be used endlessly in this chain. Depending on the class, Bolt of Tyresius can be used simply to freeze an opponent while you wait for cooldowns but Wizards, Archers, and other BMs will all just leap out of the freeze.

Purify Proc/anti stun
    Reel In->Smack->Demon Fissure->Blade Hurl

Reel In works sort of as stun while a caster has purify/HP/antistun active. It keeps them in range of your melee attacks and while they''re being dragged, especially if its a long distance or on uneven terrain where they fall to the ground afterwards, it will soak up alot of the time of their anti stun and HP. Smack is a control move, obviously, and will keep them from unloadingon your or distance shrinking away. Demon Fissure will keep them nice and close for a bit but isn't really a priority skill. However, it doesn't cost chi, it keeps them close, and its pretty hard hitting. Blade Hurl has its obvious purpose of disarming a caster so the don't hurt and their purify proc wont activate. You should consider saving Blade Hurl for a defensive move, though, rather than to assist in a caster lock.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One thing about leaps: if they leap on uneven terrain they will get themselves stuck in the air. Bolt of Tyreseus's debuff helps you not take so much damage, is aoe

I regularly aim low BMs and they honestly don't leap around that much in NW. Most of the time I can rely on the unknown BM in NW to just not know how to use their skills b:laugh
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bms r so versatile that, a number of skills can b used in stun locking an opponent. The simplest way to figure it out is to test it. If u want to optimize damage ure better off using many low channeling skills after each stun, this will also regain some of the lost chi.
    Try it out for your self.
    For me,
    roar of pride>ocean edge>tiger maw>drake sweap>drake bash>ocean edge>draw blood>drake ray>tiger maw>smack>and back to roar combo.

If u start off with aeolian blade and u get a stun use either tiger maw or draw blood. then start the roar of pride combo and everything above.

However, don't even try to stun lock mages with purify spell; its a waste of chi. In the 1st combo, there's like a 0.1 second window of opportunity between drake sweep and drake bash, if skilled players time it well they can leap away or anti stun or fortify, but that rarely ever happened.

Stun locking with aps is the easiest. U'll need an occult ice genie, i.e a strength genie. However i think the age of aps is over (unless its 1v1) because aps chars have low def and low hp and can easily die to full recast players.

In short u can't stun lock as a bm 100%, only sins have that record (- recast mages), but u can b hella annoying to HA and LA classes. I love getting rage pms in nw, when people say stop "stunning me u mother******". xD Trial and error gogogog.
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the Explanations, its all coming back slowly to me haha :D

<3
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    For me,
    roar of pride>ocean edge>tiger maw>drake sweap>drake bash>ocean edge>draw blood>drake ray>tiger maw>smack>and back to roar combo.

If u start off with aeolian blade and u get a stun use either tiger maw or draw blood. then start the roar of pride combo and everything above.

In the 1st combo, there's like a 0.1 second window of opportunity between drake sweep and drake bash,

I use a similar combo except I avoid Ocean Edge because of the 30 chi cost. Instead I use Fan of Flames. It's .2 seconds quicker, about the same damage, and it still puts me right at about he perfect stunlock.

I'm kind of funny about Aeolian Blade that as soon as I leveled Drakes Bash I never wanted to see Aeolian again. I had like a 4% stun rate with it, lol. Got me killed so many times in the lower level when I really needed a stun. Anyways, I will almost never use Aeolian for a stun. First, its unreliable. Second, its long channeling for mediocre damage. Third, when you're used to 6 or 7.5 second stuns, a 3 second only stun will just kind of mess you up. I break it out occasionally as a "wtf, at least it's damage and if it stuns, bonus!" skill because it actually hits decently hard. Like, almost as much as Highland Cleave.
    but u can b hella annoying to HA and LA classes. I love getting rage pms in nw, when people say stop "stunning me u mother******". xD

One of my favorite stun rages (not really a rage) was Asterelle's squad was like 5 v 20ing us in a flag battle a couple months ago. They had a beast barb and as people would gather around the barb to try to stop it from turning in the flag Asterelle would follow along and 1 shot everyone. I had just died while battle for claiming the flag, respawned with like 1.5 sparks or whatever, and decided if I could occupy Asterelle that makes a 4 v 19 situation. But I had no chi.

So I stunned Asterelle and pulled out all the tricks. He tried to leap but i caught him as his character moved. He tried to anti-stun but I realed him in. He leaped again, I leaped and continued to stun. And I was apsing the whole time getting back up to 4 sparks. Asterelle has like 30k hp and archer evasion so there is no way to kill him without a huge HF+genie+chained lucky crits combo and I didn't have the chi for it, but I stun locked him for over a minute while I built it.

Finally he just whispered "afk, getting coffee. lol" Then the barb turned in and we went to different instances. I commented on the charm **** and he was like "Hey, free contribution for taking damage!" I had to laugh.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ocean Edge dosen't cost chi saku do you mean stream stirke??
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Ocean Edge dosen't cost chi saku do you mean stream stirke??

Oi, yep I did. Was thinking my fast channeling skills and Stream Strike came to mind before Ocean's Edge. Woops.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It is actually surprising how many people you can kill with stun lock, non AA r9 3rd cast people.

I have bad lag due to my net situation, i just click on the barb and do aoe macro. Most people die to my surprise.

One class i always use fists on is sins. Most are pesky and either try aps, or a few control skills, and once they are up, they try to stealth away. Sometimes they kill me, if i am in wrong marrow or low on hp. When i find them, i hunt them mercilessly for the next few battles.

Most barbs with 25~30k hp or less die to claws easy, once purged. It takes some time though, and have to start with full chi. Stun lock, and use purge pole. As soon as purge pole work, switch to claws, and continue to kill. Once i get -int on my r8r boots, i am going 4aps in nw. I don't care if people think claws are useless in pvp. They kill far more efficiently than my axes.

To OP, stun lock, not sure if mentioned, occult ice has a % chance of success, it is not 100% though. 80% i think is the max chance.
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    @ Sakubatou
    Drake sweep does not work for me in that combo for some reason - the timing goes off. Since we're talking about this stun locking business, are there any combos with swords to stun lock? I never fancied swords, but does anyone even use it?
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • SpearSpark - Heavens Tear
    SpearSpark - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Aeolian blade actually hits very very hard, or maybe its just me, i use it from time to time, and yes oceans edge doesnt use chi.
    往事如烟