Male vs Female; Who PvP's the most?

Zheii - Archosaur
Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Arigora Colosseum
It's probably been asked before but I'm super curious as to he ratio of male to female PvPer's.
From just observing pk on my own server I can already tell the majority are male, but still, I'm interested to see.

As a female PvPer (PKer?) I can totally understand why many of my gender (or opposite gender) don't PvP, I mean dealing with the constant "who has the bigger epeen" contest is sort of hard to deal with sometimes.

Also, I'm NOT including NW and TW into the pole, In my opinion, if you've never been white named then you've never really PKed.

btw, If you have a reason other than "I don't like PvP related activities" please feel free to share/discuss, And especially if you're R9T3 and have never PKed, I honestly don't understand those people, you certainly don't need that sort of gear to PvE.

Nobody saw my ninja edit <,<... nobody >,>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
Post edited by Zheii - Archosaur on

Comments

• Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And especially if you're R9T3 and have never PKed, I honestly don't understand those people, you certainly don't need that sort of gear to PvE.
    Actually...

Some people do b:chuckle

But on a serious note... I go into PK mode in spurts... depends if I have the money usually and if I feel I have a reason to be bothered to do so. Unfortunately, PvP is more about how much $ a player has and how their wallet can pwn the player's wallet that has less $. And the differences between even a "casual" cs'er vs heavy cs'ers is disgusting. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are you sure they ate females? b:hide
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    I'm a guy and never go white named. Unless there comes some option to choose who to pk with, it will never happen. I just don't want to deal with some people in a game (which is an activity that should be enjoyable). Also, pk just to kill someone or a group is boring. I prefer a goal behind it.
    btw, If you have a reason other than "I don't like PvP related activities" please feel free to share/discuss, And especially if you're R9T3 and have never PKed, I honestly don't understand those people, you certainly don't need that sort of gear to PvE.

I honestly don't understand how "necessity" became a criteria of choice. Even less in a game, which you certainly don't need in your life to start with. Why do people buy fancy cars even if the speedlimit also applies to them? Why do people have big TVs? Why do people have big houses?

Why did you even put this in your post? Unless you go around with the exact minimum in game too (no fashion, no pet, no mount, etc), which I highly doubt, you don't even have a reason to say this. Seems you're part of those people that make that going white named isn't enjoyable -,..,-

The reason I have r999 is simple : because I can. All the rest is secondairy.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm a girl and..well P: I enjoy PvP.

I don't PK per se but I have done it a few times, does that count? I'm mostly interested in TW and NW but due to my timezone & real life I can't participate in them on a regular basis.

I mostly PK when there are occasions such as faction PK events or when my game husband drags me along. I don't mind it but it just doesn't particularly spark my interest to become an active PKer.

I prefer PvP when groups of people are involved and they are goal-driven (eg. TW). I know there's group/mass PK from time to time but it doesn't happen regularly so it's usually just same small groups of people fighting each other and trash talking each other, finding excuses as to why they lost (the losing side) and a lot of childishness that's simply a turn off for me.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Female here who does PvP. b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm offended at the sexism of this thread. You feminist pig, how dare you try to discriminate against the male population like this! It doesn't matter what gender the pker is as long as people are getting wrecked and decked across West Archo. People like you make me sick and I refuse to vote in this poll.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    trands wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand how "necessity" became a criteria of choice. Even less in a game, which you certainly don't need in your life to start with. Why do people buy fancy cars even if the speedlimit also applies to them? Why do people have big TVs? Why do people have big houses?

And I think those are a waste too. But hey, whatever floats their boat. If they want r9rr to PvE sure, but it's still a waste.

PK drama? All you have to do is to change your perspective. If you don't care for it, then just ignore it.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm a guy and I don't PK. It has never been an interest of mine when playing MMOs. I think the main reason I don't participate in PK other than a rare NW or duel, is I would rather not be associated with a group Hell bent on stroking their egos, or coming up with excuses as to why the person lost. The WC drama is enough to make an army of stroked epeen making sticky socks.

Someone's PK stats, gear, etc doesn't impress me at all. I don't go following around the PKers, or stand in west arch thinking, "ooh I want to be just like them when I grow up."

Granted not all PKers are moronic holier than thou a$$es. I've met a few people that are quite down to earth, but they are a very small minority.

PK, just isn't for me. My job is extremely stressful and I would rather play the game to meander around killing mobs. Boring to some, but enjoyable to me. Hence the reason I get bored after level 100. If you want to PK, by all means do so, but the WC diatribe tends to make you look like the complete idiot package.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    And I think those are a waste too. But hey, whatever floats their boat. If they want r9rr to PvE sure, but it's still a waste.

PK drama? All you have to do is to change your perspective. If you don't care for it, then just ignore it.

All humans make use of unnecessairy things for pleasure/fun. Your statement is just hollow. If someone gets some kind of satisfaction out of r999, wether it's pk, TW/NW or just 1 shooting mobs, it's not a waste. Just like spending time, charms and pots on upping your ego by killing avatars in a game, preferably recorded to show how amazing you are, isn't a waste as long as you get some satisfaction out of it. Deciding it's a waste for someone else is a sign of the typical pk'er attitude that's so annoying.

Also, ignoring people is not exactly why I play an MMO ...
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am a male and I PK but I rarely find any PK nowdays because people hate losing against the best!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    I am a male and I PK but I rarely find any PK nowdays because people hate losing against the best!

YOU are a guy b:shocked *fapping stops suddenly* b:embarrass b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't get it why does this thread even matter?
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited August 2013

Why does any thread matter? O.o
    I'm just curious as to the ratio of male to female PKer's, simple o.o.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013

With that logic, why does playing this game even matter then? People should be allowed to be curious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All humans make use of unnecessairy things for pleasure/fun. Your statement is just hollow. If someone gets some kind of satisfaction out of r999, wether it's pk, TW/NW or just 1 shooting mobs, it's not a waste. Just like spending time, charms and pots on upping your ego by killing avatars in a game, preferably recorded to show how amazing you are, isn't a waste as long as you get some satisfaction out of it. Deciding it's a waste for someone else is a sign of the typical pk'er attitude that's so annoying.

Also, ignoring people is not exactly why I play an MMO ...

You can make use of things for pleasure and fun without wasting it - you use it to its full potential.
    Getting a sports car to sit in your house is a waste. Getting a sports car to drive around in a race track is not a waste.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    <---Girl that pvps here. Majority of the people I pk with and against are dudes though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I mean dealing with the constant "who has the bigger epeen" contest is sort of hard to deal with sometimes.

I tend to PK only with friends and facmates because of this. I don't play games to deal with egos. I'm a guy, but that feeling is definitely not limited to one gender.

I suppose I can answer here since I'm R9R3 and I don't PK. I made getting R9 ("the best") a goal of mine so I'd have something to work for, since that's just how I play games. It has nothing to do with needing better gear to PvE because you really don't need better gear to PvE.

NW and TW are also valid reasons to get R9 in addition to wanting to compete in PK. I do NW and infrequently TW, so all the better! Oh, and R9 is nice to have for faction events where the goal is to kill you. Those are always fun.
    You can make use of things for pleasure and fun without wasting it - you use it to its full potential.
    Getting a sports car to sit in your house is a waste. Getting a sports car to drive around in a race track is not a waste.

There are enough opinions on what qualifies as "waste" that I'd be hesitant in passing judgment. In your sports car analogy, I'd consider getting R9 for PvE as equivalent to getting a sports car for driving around town. That's not too unreasonable to me.

Some people even buy rare games for ridiculous prices. It's not a waste to them, so more power to them.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A waste or not, if that person wants it and is happy with it then it's nobody's business and we are in no position to judge their choices o.o

Let's say you only PvE or your PvP activities are very limited and rare so you don't really need R9 3rd cast but then what else is there to get? Are you just going to buy a lot of fashion or sit on the pile of coins? Buy flyers and mounts? Make alts? Some people don't care or want alts. So then..what is there to do? Might as well just keep improving your gear.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So far 6 guys and 10 girls.......

SOMEONE is lying lol we all know girls don't PK all they do is buy fash, buy more fash, sell the old fash, buy more fash with the money they made from selling old fash, rinse and repeat until bank, wardrobe AND inventory are completely filled with fash, then they proceed to the alts b:laugh

gg
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So far 6 guys and 10 girls.......

SOMEONE is lying lol we all know girls don't PK all they do is buy fash, buy more fash, sell the old fash, buy more fash with the money they made from selling old fash, rinse and repeat until bank, wardrobe AND inventory are completely filled with fash, then they proceed to the alts b:laugh

gg

All I have to say is, never stand between a woman and a fashion sale... at least, not if you hope to live through the day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    sell the old fash

I'm going to hunt you down and spam kill you for that blasphemy. Fashion isn't allowed to be sold! b:angry

Not our fault we know that the most important part of PK is looking good while we do so~ b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im a tranny and I PVP!!!!!!!!! b:angryb:angry

lol jk im a guy and i pvp
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    @Jib
    210+ Fashion pieces that spill over into my bank and onto alts and I'm the most active PKing female on my server :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's because you're Co- I mean Zheii
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    HESOKA - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm a guy and never go white named. Unless there comes some option to choose who to pk with, it will never happen. I just don't want to deal with some people in a game (which is an activity that should be enjoyable). Also, pk just to kill someone or a group is boring. I prefer a goal behind it.

Why did you even put this in your post? Unless you go around with the exact minimum in game too (no fashion, no pet, no mount, etc), which I highly doubt, you don't even have a reason to say this. Seems you're part of those people that make that going white named isn't enjoyable -,..,-

The reason I have r999 is simple : because I can. All the rest is secondairy.

What i and many others don't get is why people spend so much time, farming or spend $ Csing gear if all they do is PvE, there is no point in continuously upgrading you gear, I honestly don't see any fun what so ever in PvE or a game where there is no Pk vs other "real" players not Mobs lol.
    Am Awesome b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    I'm offended at the sexism of this thread. You feminist pig, how dare you try to discriminate against the male population like this! It doesn't matter what gender the pker is as long as people are getting wrecked and decked across West Archo. People like you make me sick and I refuse to vote in this poll.

LOL, whasup with you b:thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    I'm a guy and I don't PK. It has never been an interest of mine when playing MMOs. I think the main reason I don't participate in PK other than a rare NW or duel, is I would rather not be associated with a group Hell bent on stroking their egos, or coming up with excuses as to why the person lost. The WC drama is enough to make an army of stroked epeen making sticky socks.

Troling is part of Pk, and none is serious about it nor does anyone get offended, we just do it for fun and for the hell of it, in any-case i think the reason people don't PK is due to them being greatly out geared, and do not last evan a few minutes outside of arch - thus PK is really not a choice its not an option to begin with.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LOL, whasup with you b:thanks

Everything after seeing you.

...How you doin'?
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What i and many others don't get is why people spend so much time, farming or spend $ Csing gear if all they do is PvE, there is no point in continuously upgrading you gear, I honestly don't see any fun what so ever in PvE or a game where there is no Pk vs other "real" players not Mobs lol.

Because different people find different things fun? It IS a game, people play how they want if they find it fun. People also have goals in said games, if they want to do some upgrading because they can, then why not if they enjoy it? o.o
    Lol might as well ask, why do people level passed level 1 if they aren't going to pk?

In all seriousness, there are a lot of PvE players who feel the same way about pk and, "don't see any fun in it" but they have fun playing how/what they want. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I'm going to hunt you down and spam kill you for that blasphemy. Fashion isn't allowed to be sold! b:angry

Not our fault we know that the most important part of PK is looking good while we do so~ b:chuckle

A female friend of mine gave me the stare of death cus I took one fashion piece of her, had to crawl back n give it while begging for my life. Worst part is, she has 2 wardrobes full and she still knew exactly which one it was.. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]