Life of a Sin

Options
Colum - Raging Tide
Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Assassin
Gotta say I was rather bored so I started to think how the fish brain works. b:laugh

[1:52:26] Colum: tbh i understand why sins are so stupid
[1:53:15] Colum: triplespark + autoattack tralalalala bloodpaint healz triplespark autoattack tralalalala more bp heals
[1:53:25] Colum: too less bp heals? solution> REFINE DAGS!
[1:53:39] Colum: cant handle bosses? solution> MORE BP HEALS
[1:53:45] Colum: and here we are....
[1:54:49] Colum: u get nice bp heal but too slowly? solution> 5 aps
[1:56:33] Colum: face a boss your bp healz and armor cant handle but u got dem aggro cuz +10 refine? solution> blame it on barb ehuaehuaehua
[1:56:46] Colum: that be shortly what fish has to know

Get more of these! How a typical fish brain works? b:shocked
Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
Post edited by Colum - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    O.o whats the post is abt?
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    O.o whats the post is abt?

QQing bout fail players I assume and blaming the class for it. For same effort he could of QQd bout barbs who pull, dont AoE, die when cleric isnt stupid and suicide with heal aggro and rage at said cleric.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    QQing bout fail players I assume and blaming the class for it. For same effort he could of QQd bout barbs who pull, dont AoE, die when cleric isnt stupid and suicide with heal aggro and rage at said cleric.

Oh and do not forget his qqing about fail mystics on RT server. What he does not seem to get is that the good ones do not want to squad with him due to his poor attitude.

Moving on...nothing important to see here.
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Very gg
  • Rekabu - Archosaur
    Rekabu - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Gotta say I was rather bored so I started to think how the fish brain works. b:laugh

Get more of these! How a typical fish brain works? b:shocked

doubt if any good geared sin that knos what he is doing needs a barb in his sq....
    more over u need a fishy head to understand fish brain rather than ...... b:laugh b:laugh
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    r9rr+12 daggs +3 armor [true story]
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Don't you mean r9rr+12 daggers TT90 +3 armor unrefined ornaments?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Oh and do not forget his qqing about fail mystics on RT server. What he does not seem to get is that the good ones do not want to squad with him due to his poor attitude.

Moving on...nothing important to see here.

b:bored ShadeParadox squads with me and good ones from each other class do squad with me. b:bye

b:laugh Yes, this is exactly my point. I'm not actually QQing, I think it's hilarious.
    doubt if any good geared sin that knos what he is doing needs a barb in his sq....
    more over u need a fishy head to understand fish brain rather than ......

Of course they dont need a barb in squad. Bar buffs can be gained outside the dungeon, glacial spike can replace devour a bit so the only missing thing would be frighten to ease sin's tanking even more. I don't mind GOOD sins tanking, go ahead.

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
    edited August 2013
    Options

no, everybody knows you should be 5aps. however, the hat can be by a npc (Again, true story). ok, it could be a '****' account but considering the state of bound armor/orns... well, the 'hacker' could reset the refines/shards I guess. but daggs had darkflames so either nab 'hacker' or nab sin XD
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    no, everybody knows you should be 5aps. however, the hat can be by a npc (Again, true story). ok, it could be a '****' account but considering the state of bound armor/orns... well, the 'hacker' could reset the refines/shards I guess. but daggs had darkflames so either nab 'hacker' or nab sin XD

Clearly the hacker wanted to be nice. b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Your post makes no sense Colum. So a game mechanic of a class suddenly makes the person who is playing it stupid? Besides idk anyone who only plays a sin, in fact sins are often alts... So I guess they play bm, they are fine, they play veno, they are fine, they play psy, they are fine, then they play a sin and their brain goes bad.

My daggers are 2-3 tiers lower refined then armor and ornaments. I guess I don't even count as a sin. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Your post makes no sense Colum. So a game mechanic of a class suddenly makes the person who is playing it stupid? Besides idk anyone who only plays a sin, in fact sins are often alts... So I guess they play bm, they are fine, they play veno, they are fine, they play psy, they are fine, then they play a sin and their brain goes bad.

My daggers are 2-3 tiers lower refined then armor and ornaments. I guess I don't even count as a sin. b:shocked

Nah, that really wasn't my point. Mayfly and PotatoHeadQR kinda nailed it.

Don't know about your server but on RT there's also a lot of sin mains because they started as such when the server came out at the same time with TB expansion. There are good assassins and there are the... very bad ones. Sadly big majority is on the bad side. Our sins have typically +10 or higher refined daggers and their armor has less than +5 refine in many cases.

That is not a game mechanic.

Being 5 APS is fine if you can also TANK with it like the real sins do. I've seen - and my friends have seen - many sins who have at most 7k HP buffed, can't take hits but yet pull aggro with high refined daggers.

How about the sins that don't...

... ribstrike?
    ... subsea?
    ... power dash ever?
    ... wolf emblem?
    ... deaden nerves?
    ... focused mind/tidal protection?

b:surrender Is that a game mechanism too?

edited August 2013
    Options

yep. you are definitely not a sin. you are an assassin xD

I think that the whole good weapon/bad armour is because of the nirvy age and weapon linking.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Nirvy age meant that more refined weapon = more money ==> must refine weapon first as almost a necessity

So I don't judge
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Put sarcasm glasses on now, please.

Don't know about your server but on RT there's also a lot of sin mains because they started as such when the server came out at the same time with TB expansion. There are good assassins and there are the... very bad ones. Sadly big majority is on the bad side. Our sins have typically +10 or higher refined daggers and their armor has less than +5 refine in many cases.

Being 5 APS is fine if you can also TANK with it like the real sins do. I've seen - and my friends have seen - many sins who have at most 7k HP buffed, can't take hits but yet pull aggro with high refined daggers.

... ribstrike?
    ... subsea?
    ... power dash ever?
    ... wolf emblem?
    ... deaden nerves?

Why use Rib Strike? 5 APS spark-autoattacking instead does more damage and heals the extra damage normally attacking boss does.

Why use Subsea Strike? 5 APS spark-autoattacking still does more damage than time spent for getting that 30% amp. And sins have EP for that on genie. It even lasts longer when genie ish pumped full of dex just for EP(putting mag or vit on genie ish just waste of good points that could be used for longer EP). And using 2 sparks for that amp is total waste of chi, better use chi skills to have 3.99 sparks instantly after sparking.

Why use Power Dash? Sins get(or doesn't get) much crits anyway, it doesn't really make a difference. And it's a total waste of sparks to use 2 sparks for something that isn't 100% reliable. And 5 APS spark-autoattacking once again does more damage than making twice more crits when wasting some autoattack-hits for channeling and casting PD.

Why use Wolf Emblem? It disturbs autoattacking and so sin does 1 hit less. That 1 hit less is lethal 'cause can't survive without continuous spark-autoattacking 'cause too low HP. Why waste money on sharding or refining APS-gears when that could be used for putting end-game shards on those R9rr dags and refining it to +12. Those give enough BP heals to keep a sin alive as long as sin spark-autoattacks. Lvl 51 1-star helm with magic gives nice HP, and anyway LUaD-tome gives much vitality so it doesn't matter what helmet sin ish using.

Why use Deaden Nerves? That's many autoattacks less, less BP heals!!1

Focused mind and Tidal Protection are also completely useless. They're just proc anyway so useless to never learn them further than lvl 1. That 11/27% doesn't make any real difference from 25/50%. Total waste of money to spend on something not 100% reliable. Better use those coins for +12 orb.

Take sarcasm glasses off now please.

Welcome to Raging Tide. This post isn't too far from reality there.f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
    edited August 2013
    Options
    well, tbh, when I solo hard stuff I dont subsea or PD; i kinda need that chi for more spark immunities hp regenb:surrender
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Yes, but that's when you solo stuff, what about when you're in a squad with healers and other damage dealers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Rekabu - Archosaur
    Rekabu - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    b:bored

Of course they dont need a barb in squad. Bar buffs can be gained outside the dungeon, glacial spike can replace devour a bit so the only missing thing would be frighten to ease sin's tanking even more. I don't mind GOOD sins tanking, go ahead.

they dont even need barb buffs or devour or frighten b:bye
    more over all the criteria u put above clearly shows the player is either a plvled totaly new to game person or some farming alt n the owner really don't care abt it n it game play...
    never saw an experienced person whos main is a sin don't daden or tidal/focused n wolf
    so that clearly don't represent life of all sins .............
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I don't normally play sin, but when I do? I +3 all of my armors/ornaments and +12/Drakeflame shard my wep b:cool gg
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

... ribstrike?
    ... subsea?
    ... power dash ever?
    ... wolf emblem?
    ... deaden nerves?

7k hp buffed is pathetic, i have 9.2k in +5 refined aps gear, all flawless shards.

Bloodpaint is a gain mechanic, I have +10 g16, i heals like 5k hp per sec on bosses like emp in 3-2 that hit me for 3.5-4.5k (w/o bb or charms). Most sins only see the paint heal side of things, and most of those sins are also demon. They dont care about defenses, because they see tha class as a farming tool. Most people don't even like their sins, a sin main wouldnt be caught dead w/o rib and wolf emblem, tidal or focused, depends on what I'm killin. Those are the baddies that play clerics w/ chan ornies, or the bm's that just run in and HF, but you don't complain about those do you? It's indicative of all players and PWi not just those who play sins (at that moment). It's funny how people pay so much attention to sin mistakes, but i know clerics that have more pdef than hp, and get one shot by my knife throw b:chuckle.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    Options
    7k hp buffed is pathetic, i have 9.2k in +5 refined aps gear, all flawless shards.

Bloodpaint is a gain mechanic, I have +10 g16, i heals like 5k hp per sec on bosses like emp in 3-2 that hit me for 3.5-4.5k (w/o bb or charms). Most sins only see the paint heal side of things, and most of those sins are also demon. They dont care about defenses, because they see tha class as a farming tool. Most people don't even like their sins, a sin main wouldnt be caught dead w/o rib and wolf emblem, tidal or focused, depends on what I'm killin. Those are the baddies that play clerics w/ chan ornies, or the bm's that just run in and HF, but you don't complain about those do you? It's indicative of all players and PWi not just those who play sins (at that moment). It's funny how people pay so much attention to sin mistakes, but i know clerics that have more pdef than hp, and get one shot by my knife throw b:chuckle.

Oh I could complain about each and every class, honestly b:surrender

It IS pathetic, sadly it seems very many sins run with HP like that. As I said, their armor sucks and they're usually 5 APS demon with a poor gameplay knowledge.

Seems some of you feel offended. Sin main perhaps? No one NEEDS any class in this game, it doesn't mean that their skills would be useless. In squads everyone should work towards maximizing squad's dmg/defense potential and start using their buffs/debuffs for the sake of everyone else unless they're OP and can faceroll the instance b:surrender

• Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

... ribstrike?
    ... subsea?
    ... power dash ever?
    ... wolf emblem?
    ... deaden nerves?

Well, the fact that high dmg/aps -> bp is a bit more effective then high HP/def, is a game mechanic. But yes, some go too far. I guess power is just more appealing then protection.

If you are high aps and refines in most cases auto+spark is simply enough to do to job (why bother with other stuff?), that is game mechanic.

I haven't seen that many sin who don't use rib, focused, tidal and emblem, but why using chi for subsea and powerdash when sparking is more effective? That is game mechanic.

As others mentioned, game is overflown with such sins since nirvana times, because that was simply the best way to farm it. That was also a game mechanic.

People like to go for the simpliest, most profitable and currently most efficient things. And damage.

Honestly I haven't even seen many sins who pull aggro and die (maybe 2 ever), but maybe I was just lucky.

And yes my main is a sin (with psy icon), and I don't fit in this stereotype, as many don't, so I'm a bit annoyed. Seemed the purpose of the thread was to find more examples that confirm it. It's game racism >:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Replys inside quote
    Well, the fact that high dmg/aps -> bp is a bit more effective then high HP/def, is a game mechanic. But yes, some go too far. I guess power is just more appealing then protection.

Then your server is lucky I guess. We got a bunch of good sins but there is also a LOT the bad ones, in fact we have too much sins heh.

If you are high aps and refines in most cases auto+spark is simply enough to do to job (why bother with other stuff?), that is game mechanic.

True but in squads and incompleted gear this isn't the case.

I haven't seen that many sin who don't use rib, focused, tidal and emblem, but why using chi for subsea and powerdash when sparking is more effective? That is game mechanic.

I have seen many, many of these oN RT at lvl 100+. Did you know one OP sin died at Captivation because they didnt have DN on?

As others mentioned, game is overflown with such sins since nirvana times, because that was simply the best way to farm it. That was also a game mechanic.

True. Sadly some of the new sins seem to follow same footsteps.

People like to go for the simpliest, most profitable and currently most efficient things. And damage.

Honestly I haven't even seen many sins who pull aggro and die (maybe 2 ever), but maybe I was just lucky.

You were lucky. I've seen these cases a lot on various alts. Might be sins are better on your server, I don't know. We have mostly 4 types of sins here on RT.

1. Bunch of 100+ 5 aps demon sins with +3-4 refines, at most 8k HP buffed and poorly refined weapon. These aren't a concern since they don't pull aggro, but they dont subsea either to boost better DD's attack.

2. A LOT OF sins with the same +3-4 refines in armor but weapon is +8 or higher with zerk or G16. These sins pull aggro and also die.

3. Sage sins. I honestly like them a lot in my squads.

4. Sins with decent/high refines on both armor and weapon. Can solotank/solo stuff. Can use their skills right.

And yes my main is a sin (with psy icon), and I don't fit in this stereotype, as many don't, so I'm a bit annoyed. Seemed the purpose of the thread was to find more examples that confirm it. It's game racism >:(

I guess it's because forums are mostly populated by a player community that cares about their skill and gears.

Did I also mention most of these fail sins spik no inglis? b:surrender

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hmm, I had +5 aps demon sin with flawless hp shard using +10 G13 daggers and could tank 3-x with a cleric unless I get unlucky ;o
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hmm, I had +5 aps demon sin with flawless hp shard using +10 G13 daggers and could tank 3-x with a cleric unless I get unlucky ;o

b:chuckleOh scrabble