Revamped Jungle Ruins Guide

2»

Comments

• Koolaid - Heavens Tear
    Koolaid - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    are the safe spots in Moonmist Chamber still safe after the update that changed patrol pattern of certain mobs? need some confirmation
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I made a video walkthrough of Jungle Ruins showing a full run including getting the belt at the end.
    Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIL5VGAWvyc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Added it to the video section. c:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yuhanz
    yuhanz Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Greetings from PW-Philippines

I am an avid jungle ruins challenger, only I or sometimes with a friend finish this weekly in our server. (out of three available)

the challenge of getting the belt gets me going...
    but lately, it's getting boring because i always get celestial stones and socketing stones.

any tip on getting the right jade/gem for the combination?

because from what i see, the ring tends to be just alternating each week, but as for the jade, we don't really know if it is randomized weekly or what...

any info will be much appreciated. Thank You!
  • Aesis - Heavens Tear
    Aesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I made a video walkthrough of Jungle Ruins showing a full run including getting the belt at the end.
    Enjoy.

Nice run. Couple comments..
    -In the miasma swamp with the last pool of (6) bugs. I've always just waited for them to spread out enough and would holy path through the middle, but I think I'll try your method of staying against the right wall and following the bug back. @2:12
    -I prefer going through moonmist chamber over scorching. Probably because I'm not used to going the other way, whenever I try I tend to slip up. I used to hate moonmist the most out of the whole run, but after learning the bugs walking patterns it got considerably easier to navigate. Do think scorching is a bit quicker to get through though, depending on where the moonmist bugs are when you get there. (there are 2 that have quite long walking paths)

I've always liked this event, but it's really under appreciated by most. Still remember the first week it came out, think I spent the entire 2 hours trying to get through; wasn't able to until the next week. Overall I've gotten 3 belts on Heaven's Tear, 4 on Raging Tides, and thousands of insignias/mirages/socket stones. I chuckled at the spies at the end of the above video - it's a pretty low thing to do. Someone's been doing it on HT for a while now too..I've tried leashing the walkers onto them but to no avail. Gave up trying since I don't run it much on that server anymore.

As for ring/jade selections, I've always just gone with a gut choice. At one point I thought there might be a pattern to it, however I scrapped it since it felt like I was just trying to make order out of a random event.

Oh, and they changed it a while back, but I believe burning bugs do 20% hp a hit now as opposed to 10% they used to.
    #randominfo
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The right wall in miasma is definitely easier than going through the middle. The bottom right corner is safe and from there you only have to worry about that one bug in front of the exit. I rarely have to wait there.

Moonmist is fine if that works for you. I'm one of the few that pick scorching just because I never learned moonmist. If I'm racing against someone else and they go moonmist we tend to meet up at the later intersection at around the same time so I don't think either is faster. I'm pretty consistent on scorching so have no reason to change other than to save the cost of a IG / sutra.

The only real variability with scorching is the positioning of the final two ?-flame patrols. Even if you aggro them though you can hug the inside wall around the corner to lose them as long as you can still holy path.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The right wall in miasma is definitely easier than going through the middle. The bottom right corner is safe and from there you only have to worry about that one bug in front of the exit. I rarely have to wait there.

Moonmist is fine if that works for you. I'm one of the few that pick scorching just because I never learned moonmist. If I'm racing against someone else and they go moonmist we tend to meet up at the later intersection at around the same time so I don't think either is faster. I'm pretty consistent on scorching so have no reason to change other than to save the cost of a IG / sutra.

The only real variability with scorching is the positioning of the final two ?-flame patrols. Even if you aggro them though you can hug the inside wall around the corner to lose them as long as you can still holy path.

Asterelle how much regen does your freaking genie have I mean omg you were hittin Holy Path more than half the entire vid lol. b:laugh
  • Koolaid - Heavens Tear
    Koolaid - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Enjoy.

Nice video, I just wish it wasn't sped up lol. I would sit through it in actual time but that's me, I like this event.

I take the scorching path too. If I take the freezer path I would just die. Can't notice a pattern on those bugs, too random for my eyes.

I carry my friend on my barb to the end. It's kinda fun and she can get a reward too lol. Just gotta be extra careful because the barb feels even fatter while I'm doing that b:sweat
  • GilgamCly - Raging Tide
    GilgamCly - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This Jungle Ruins guide is really nice, TY
    I made the belt *Eye of the Jungle *Void and I want to up grade it now.
    Althought your guide tells details about cashing in rewards it does not say how to upgrade the belt with the Stones of the Jungle. The PWI Database says that the NPC "Guide of the Ruins" will do this. Where is this NPC inside the instance?
    You might include the upgrade process in this guide.

It is also my pet peeve to mention that the forum is for discussions and the PWI WIKI is for game information, something many people seem to ignore as they keep inserting guides into the forum where they are harder to find.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • irishranger
    irishranger Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi

Thank you for the guide and for video too. Very useful!

Is there any new information about the prizes? I still cannot get the idea of it. This week I finished the run got only EXP/Spirit. I was not 1st for sure. The message said I got 3rd expedition prize but I didn't get anything except EXP/Spirit. Does it mean I had both jade and ring wrong or what? Then why it said about the 3rd prize?