[Maintenance Discussion] 8-6-2013 [COMPLETE]

Options

Comments

• AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The Assault is one of my favorite events and I really look forward to it. It helps me supplement my DQ points.b:victory
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Personally I would have handed duke over to them ages ago I hate him sticking his nose in others business then telling everyone on the server.

Kitty would have handed him over to wraiths, too. He once cheated 10 coins from Kitty, when Kitty had just entered Archosaur after doing the beginner quests.f:fume

Even the guards of Archosaur sometimes question if they really have to protect Duke. Somebody could give them some holiday right when the wraiths are coming f:cute

But...the DQs and 3 Demon/Sage Event Cardsf:money

Long live Duke Blacke and the free fashion and refining aids!f:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    As a newer player without any high level character I have a suggestion: Break up the assault into different level ranges. North gate: Level 30-50, East: 50-70, South: 70-90, West (where everyone always is): 90+. That gives people of all level ranges something to do.

As for the time... I suggest moving it to Saturday.

Just an fyi, East Arch is where the harbor is making it kinda difficult to put mobs there unless you want all water or airborne mobs while interesting seems pointless. The level areas also kinda defeats the purpose of this game being an MMO. You're playing and competing with 100's of players its part of the game. Moving it to Saturday conflicts with the ONLY good Territory War day of the 3 available, the people who participate in that wouldn't be to happy, I know I wouldn't if the only day of the week I could TW Assault on Arch happens, I'd be quite frustrated.

As for my opinions on the Assault event. I love it even though I can't do them because of my work schedule most of the time. Its a great opportunity to farm DQ with minimal effort and with enough time you can farm an event card or more. Don't really see a bad thing about this event. Especially if you can team up with you guildmates and zhen a good portion of the mobs. It goes so smooth. Drops and dq points are even better in 2x.
  • marianapereira
    marianapereira Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    i like it, i can make lots of coins end get dq pointsb:pleased
  • Myelene - Lost City
    Myelene - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    why until 2 am ? it used to be 2hrs aprox and now 3 ? well i think we need to sleep XD and i never been on that event just saw the post of one ocurring but never saw it b:bye
  • _samson - Sanctuary
    _samson - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    As a newer player without any high level character I have a suggestion: Break up the assault into different level ranges. North gate: Level 30-50, East: 50-70, South: 70-90, West (where everyone always is): 90+. That gives people of all level ranges something to do.

As for the time... I suggest moving it to Saturday.
    Nice idea for the different levels. I haven't been in the event in a long time, but I enjoyed doing them when I had time.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• RalDrizeyl - Heavens Tear
    RalDrizeyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    assault on archo is awesome! Lets talk more about it here http://tinychat.com/pwichat b:chuckle
  • AslansChild - Sanctuary
    AslansChild - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    f:tired
    synchroze wrote: »
    This week's question:

What do you think of the Archosaur Assault event?

I enjoy squadding together with friends to do the event and nabbing a few sweet DQ points and coin, but I dislike how monotonous it is. I'm not even a cleric and I find myself in an eternal yawn. f:tired
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    since DQ - Items below 80 dont give money anymore the first part of that event is pretty useless. low lvls can buy fc and lvl much faster that way.
    also the event is pretty long which means you expect that people do the same stuff over hours......... how boring

another point is that on Harschland a pker army going arround arch and kill everyone, so basicly most people give up pretty fast. that the biggest problem on public events on pvp server. people cant really do them cause other people camp the area to kill them.....

and ofc as a event it is not often enough, since it was meant to be a major event
    private server run it every satuarday regulary reliable, and the settings of thos server are similar to pwi.

and at the very last.... every event which is bounded to a specific time sucks for a international wanna be game like PW INTERNATIONAL ..... i never saw the tiger event which is each monday, just because it is 3 am in my country when it starts b:angry

on the other hand, any event is better than nothing b:surrender
  • Hunt - Raging Tide
    Hunt - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Reason why i have an seeker. best event ever :)
  • _Deathstar_ - Lost City
    _Deathstar_ - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Personally, the event is just to lure ppl out on the pvp servers. Really a waste of time on those servers. By the way, when are you guys going to remove the 1/2 damage that archers do on close range targets. Archers are the ONLY CLASS with this restriction and it should be removed. The damage index has already been nerfed, so please remove the 1/2 damage restriction to make it fair.b:thanks
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    another point is that on Harschland a pker army going arround arch and kill everyone, so basicly most people give up pretty fast. that the biggest problem on public events on pvp server. people cant really do them cause other people camp the area to kill them.....

Reroll to pve server plz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • OldArcher - Heavens Tear
    OldArcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Just an fyi, East Arch is where the harbor is making it kinda difficult to put mobs there unless you want all water or airborne mobs while interesting seems pointless. The level areas also kinda defeats the purpose of this game being an MMO. You're playing and competing with 100's of players its part of the game. Moving it to Saturday conflicts with the ONLY good Territory War day of the 3 available, the people who participate in that wouldn't be to happy, I know I wouldn't if the only day of the week I could TW Assault on Arch happens, I'd be quite frustrated.

As for my opinions on the Assault event. I love it even though I can't do them because of my work schedule most of the time. Its a great opportunity to farm DQ with minimal effort and with enough time you can farm an event card or more. Don't really see a bad thing about this event. Especially if you can team up with you guildmates and zhen a good portion of the mobs. It goes so smooth. Drops and dq points are even better in 2x.

thats why you can have double client running and they have the auto pot so you slap your seeker there and do TW on main lolb:laugh
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I like the event...i do it but at the same time i hate the lag that comes with it.

Only ever done it with pain but maybe i should try with my seeker...
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I never did the event myself even though I been around since before it came out lol.

maybe I should try it on my seeker, I wouldnt care about the lame DQ people can pick them up as I kill all the mobs lol
  • ParishdApple - Archosaur
    ParishdApple - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    i did it once was really fun, buti was like levle 30 or so so hopefully i can hold my own..lol
    edited August 2013
    Options
    So how are other servers out there?b:pleased
    edited August 2013
    Options
    i did it once was really fun, buti was like levle 30 or so so hopefully i can hold my own..lol

haha well if your server is anything like mine aka all r9s3 on all fronts of all of the sides killing everything.... might not have a chance.

but if its not then should be no prob lol b:laugh
    edited August 2013
    Options
    haha well if your server is anything like mine aka all r9s3 on all fronts of all of the sides killing everything.... might not have a chance.

but if its not then should be no prob lol b:laugh
    lol sometimes last time was pretty good... i just vortexed...lol... and had them pulled to me so.b:cute
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I didnt do it cause uh the demon sage event cards to me are just useless lol.

they never update the shop that you use em in, no new items same old **** useless hp / mp charms ect ect

then there is what I would think the only motivator is the mounts flyers and fashion but since I got all the flyers / enough annimounts to feed an army and dont care for the fashion ...

yeah maybe if they put wedding packs in the event shop could be worth doing it or putting the platinum hp / mp in event shop when they put em into the cash shop..
    edited August 2013
    Options
    lol sometimes last time was pretty good... i just vortexed...lol... and had them pulled to me so.b:cute

whatever works huh? :p lol
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Ice cream
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

this...can't do it as a result of work schedule but if/when I can it is enjoyable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

I love it! b:victory It should be on every Friday imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • biostrain
    biostrain Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I have finally reached a level where this will be fun . Also I have been wondering when another would take place so thank you .
  • TammyEilean - Dreamweaver
    TammyEilean - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hey everyone,

We've got server maintenance tonight with an estimated downtime of 11pm PDT to 2am PDT.

Tonight's maintenance will be a restart for most servers.

This week's question:

Thanks!

- The PWI Team

I like to watch the carnage b:victory Need blood puddles and body parts of the enemy b:laugh
  • jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    haven't done one in very long time but was fun the dqpoints is really the only reason to do and hate neing locked to pclong periods anymore,didnt do nw sunday because didn't want be stuck at pc 2 hrs tw fun enoughsometimes but been over year since hada 2 or 3 hr war.
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    b:embarrass b:sleep
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    haven't done one in very long time but was fun the dqpoints is really the only reason to do and hate neing locked to pclong periods anymore,didnt do nw sunday because didn't want be stuck at pc 2 hrs tw fun enoughsometimes but been over year since hada 2 or 3 hr war.

That tw thing would be because you are on Harshlands xD I miss doing tw but like the arch event I cannot do it. Work rules. The same reason I cannot NW, that darn work schedule. But 2-3 hour wars on Harshlands are pretty much over and have been for a long while now. You have your random ones and they are few and far between. Granted I have not payed nearly as much attention these past few months as I used to so correct me if I am wrong but the Harshlands guilds have sort have been...set in stone so to speak (whether they are under one name or another).

Back on topic. I do wish the Arch Event would happen EVERY Friday so some of us have a chance of seeing it once in a while whether it be people with work schedules, people in various time zones etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]