Wizard Usage? Hmm

Options
13»

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Oh, and just wait - eventually pwi will nerf genie spark because it imbalances the game in favor of wizards. No other class has a genie skill that amps damage by as much, and only wizards can use it effectively.
    No, pwi clearly hates wizards.

Am I really the only one that finds this amusing?
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Am I really the only one that finds this amusing?

The first quote is sarcasm - it is what everyone else will say to try to get genie spark nerfed. If you had read the next sentence, you would have figured that out. Oh wait, sorry, I forgot.

You have to have half a brain to get intellectual humor - not surprised you didn't.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'm going to have to said with Adroit, at "End Game Gears" can defeat any class, and like what Adroit said about Undine Spark D.Pyro Combo just Deadly. Also PvE for Wizards we aren't all that great but still manage, I myself do see pretty often people want a Wizard for GV, HH, WS, LN, ect ect, granted not always but its not crippling or discouraging. For the people who want to be a heavy hitter caster Wizards would be the way to go.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I myself do see pretty often people want a Wizard for GV, HH, WS, LN, ect ect, granted not always but its not crippling or discouraging.[/COLOR]

wat. I hardy see wc LF anything for HH let alone wiz. b:shocked
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I have no idea why someone would look for a wizard for TT/HH..
    really...
    On out server the only thing wizards are good for are WS pav defense and path clear. Yeah, I can pull of a +100k crit on a boss if I'm lucky but the rest of the time I deal about 7-14k damage every 2 seconds (just a mere +5 g16 wep) ... hardly any contribution when my sin does exactly the same amount /hit at 5 aps so at least 10x the damage. I really, really don't know/understand why someone will want a wiz in TT run.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'm going to have to said with Adroit, at "End Game Gears" can defeat any class.

Again, people, please. Try to focus here. Noone is saying they CAN'T defeat any class. Now, go to the back of the class and reread the thread and try again.
    and like what Adroit said about Undine Spark D.Pyro Combo just Deadly.

Yes yes, we all agree. Again, that isn't the point. The point is no other class with equal gear NEEDS to use their genie to kill any other class, and a wizard needs it to kill virtually every class.
    Also PvE for Wizards we aren't all that great but still manage, I myself do see pretty often people want a Wizard for GV, HH, WS, LN, ect ect, granted not always but its not crippling or discouraging.

HH? A wizard? Now I know your nuts.

As for the others, I think we can all stipulate that anytime there are groups of mobs to pull and kill, a squad will take a wizard. But NEED one? Specifically ASK for one? Um, no.
    For the people who want to be a heavy hitter caster Wizards would be the way to go.

Excuse me, Mr. Lapp, 2009 is calling and they want their rationale for playing a wizard back.

The fact is, this USED to be the trade off for a wizard - weak defense, but highest DPH in the game. As the game has progressed, and as the gear has progressed (as URSA well outlined above), that trade off has become less and less significant. MANY classes can do comparable DPH to a wizard, and those classes have MUCH greater defenses.

The trade off that used to justify playing a wizard is no longer significant at all. It's negligible, at best.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Wait your most of you are pve server woops ima bail this just this whole things is just a troll from what i can see
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    heh, the old lame excuse...
    b:bye

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Irreplaceable in pvp, always replaceable in pve.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Wait your most of you are pve server woops ima bail this just this whole things is just a troll from what i can see

so your argument is that people want wizards for TT so they can kill a traitor that drops squad and tries to get the mats and run away?

and that ladies and gentlemen is what happens when you get hit on the head a little bit too often in a pvp server
    you only purge once #yopo