Skills to max/get

FrenchyPie - Heavens Tear
FrenchyPie - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Venomancer
Hi all,

I am just wondering if I should get both Myriad Rainbow Fox Form and human form? And should I be maxing both noxious gas and parasitic nova?
Post edited by FrenchyPie - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, both Myriads are really useful in both PvE and PvP. The fox form one is AOE and the human one is single-target. The debuffs are really powerful, albeit they may or may not proc hence spamming them is recommended. They are instant though and have a short cooldown.

Noxious Gas and Parasitic Nova are your only AOE skills in human form so they should be leveled. If you lack spirit or money try to focus on Noxious Gas first and Parasitic Nova later. Parasitic Nova is nice for the seal&freeze effect to immobilize monsters.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes to all questions. Sparked Nova, followed by noxious gas is an extremely deadly AOE combo, just be ready to deal with all the agro you receive by whatever survives. b:chuckle

As for the myriads, both are extremely useful and yes you should get both, but I would recommend getting one and playing around with it first before getting the other, the one you choose of course being based on your play style.

I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that the single target rainbow had a better chance of the different statuses going off as it was single target as opposed to AOE, I've never been able to verify the truth of this though as I only generally use the fox one where the chances are fairly low.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if you are tight on coins, usually lvl9/10 of any skill is overpriced for what it gives.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Some cases where you erupt nova; it's better to noxious ->nova -> noxious or even start a chain with fox myriad.
  • X_Lilie_x - Archosaur
    X_Lilie_x - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nova is quite pricey, so I'd say get Fox Form myraid rainbow for the aoe, then Noxious then Nova. Human form myriad rainbow is kinda meh. IMO
    b:cute"Love is like Heaven and the apocalypse rolled into one"b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There are cases where you don't want to AOE and Myriad does aggro so the human one has its uses (plus, one bosses two myriad = higher chance to proc) but it's generally recommended to get the fox form one first.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • X_Lilie_x - Archosaur
    X_Lilie_x - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    True but I speak in terms of priority to get the Fox Form one first.
    b:cute"Love is like Heaven and the apocalypse rolled into one"b:cute
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The fox one is much better when grinding. Or in valley of recip..reiccro..repo.. alpha/beta/gamma/delta.
    The human one is much better on bosses you don't dare run close to.

On bosses with no AOE, or huge-range AOE, it's pretty much a wash.

I think I may have gotten human form first, but they were pretty soon after each other.