Uses of archers!

Rastooo - Sanctuary
Rastooo - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Archer
I am kind of curious, besides being notorious robe killers and aoe damage dealers, what are Archers used for. They can be replaced as an AOE dd easily by a Mage or a Seeker, and as a robe killer by a Assassin, hence comes the question, is there anything in our arsenal that makes us unique, or are we just a class that can be easily outperformed?
Post edited by Rastooo - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am kind of curious, besides being notorious robe killers and aoe damage dealers, what are Archers used for. They can be replaced as an AOE dd easily by a Mage or a Seeker, and as a robe killer by a Assassin, hence comes the question, is there anything in our arsenal that makes us unique, or are we just a class that can be easily outperformed?

purge on ranged auto attacks is nice
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In PvE and 1v1, archers are kind of out done by other classes.
    In mass pk though, Archers are the "pure DDs" of the physical spectrum like wizards. While other classes can out put damage similar to archers, their nature, whether it be the lack of range, lack of consistency or lack of damage, causes them to lean more towards a supportive side.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Archers r Mage killers, especially in mass pk like TW. Its like a sin hitting u from 32 meters away. Idc if u're a jaded mage, if u don't notice an r999 archer hitting u. ure gonna die. Its kinda sad that archer's damage is reduced by lack of range... that's a major weakness in 1v1.
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Doing high single-target damage, debuffing, being able to perma-AoE if neccesary in PvE.
    In PvP ... while im not sure about PK, in TW hiding somewhere and shooting everyone below 7k HP. Till the people figured out where you are, they are already dead. Well, most of them are. + Debuffing those stupid Vit Barbs when other classes are too lazy to do so you have to show yourself xD

Archers are a mix of ranged sins ann Wizard. You can stealth and APS, even if youre full ranged you have enormous single target damage. And you have a great perma-AoE. Best thing: Nobody forces you to use them anymore since seekers came out, so its your own choice. And if you ever get the aggro from mob groups and you "think" you cant "handle" them, just wingspan everything you see to save your As.s. .
    Sometimes when you get lucky you can even interrupt seekers vortex with it.

Goooosh, Archers are one of the best classes to troll with b:dirty
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Goooosh, Archers are one of the best classes to troll with b:dirty

Actually the best class to troll is a psy.
    soul burn, white/black vodoo, SoSt, SoR.
    while your laughing after the enemy(who really don't have any idea what psy's skills like)
    he is dying there b:laugh

or maybe a sin.
    Stun, sleep, bla3 and then stealth. Do that again and again. b:chuckle
    until he get pissed off.
    lol
  • Rastooo - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    soul burn, white/black vodoo, SoSt, SoR.
    while your laughing after the enemy(who really don't have any idea what psy's skills like)
    he is dying there b:laugh

or maybe a sin.
    Stun, sleep, bla3 and then stealth. Do that again and again. b:chuckle
    until he get pissed off.
    lol

But that is only trolling single-target noobs who are unfamiliar with your class! You can't argue with the fact that archers are the best troll class!
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well, good luck then
  • Rastooo - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Well, regardless of that, I still cannot properly imagine a situation where an archer would be irreplaceable, save for TW of course, but that can't be all, can it?
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    spirit phalanx

fixed
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, regardless of that, I still cannot properly imagine a situation where an archer would be irreplaceable, save for TW of course, but that can't be all, can it?

any class can be replaced really, cos pve is sad.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013

this ^

also, I don't see what's the big deal about being an irreplaceable class. you still compete with all the other people in the same class for a squad spot...
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited August 2013

And mass pk, or any pvp environment involving many people.
    But if its pve you want, you're out of luck.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Rastooo - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Nonono, I don't want only PVE, I was just thinking about PVE, and kind of felt a little replaceable, which isn't the feeling I have as a barbie, or as a cleric, or even as I sin!
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited August 2013

b:victory Agreed besides were used for far Range Pew pew to add up the body count in NW's,TW's or Mass Pk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • JePoY - Lost City
    JePoY - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    for Funb:victory
    No Pain, No Gain.
  • Caladiel - Dreamweaver
    Caladiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Any class can be replaced, but thinking about PVE, STA can be great, same for BV (if you squad don't have a BM or your BM is too lazy to HF xD). Metal debuffs from BV or Thunder Shock can be good to help another DDs. We can be good AOErs with Barrage of Arrows + Wingspan + STA. And of course, good archers can deal a lot of damage and cute criticals b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]