New Pet instance discussion

Comments

• IceKitty - Morai
    IceKitty - Morai Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello my dear furballs!

I made one more video with advanced hints this time. I was trying out new methods over and over and I finally found system that gives me max points all the time. I hope it will help more venos b:kiss

http://youtu.be/INRbvxs1sfQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm doing lycaeum with a veno that only has nv-3 gear and I'm having troubles with the turtle b:angry

The only way to kill it for me, with that veno, is to triple spark, but sometimes after I kill a turtle, another one comes in the next wave, and I still don't have enough chi.

Is there a smarter way to kill this turtle?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The DoT from level 11 noxious gas will kill it. Level 10 noxious needs a few more casts to finish the job, it's been reported.

I used to follow it all around the arc before people mentioned noxious. (This with a Morai G-15 weapon with a heavy veno's nerfed magic attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned these points.

1. Foxes are very weak to flesh ream, so use a pet with that, if you're having trouble.

2. Soul degeneration for cactus.

3. Purge + amp + stunning blow (stunning blow only when in range of guards of course) for small dino.

4. Noxious for turtle. Or 11 venomous (to decrease wood resistance, not sure what sage does), then noxious.

5. Always check mobs conditions and do not trust the instructions completely LOL. More than once, I followed the instructions that said mobs are phy immune when they were fire resistant and screwed the whole run.

Apologies if someone else has mentioned these points.

I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Trying to Myriad the turtle is another option as well. The chance to get the Wood DoT which seems to proc fairly often unless you have a really bad day with it.

I think the foxes are simply vulnerable to physical attacks. Harpy needs 3-4 hits with Ice Stick but 1-shots them for 27k+ with her AOE stun skill that deals physical damage. It makes sense since pets are primarily physical DD.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Sage venomous has a % chance to give 20 chi. Only demon gives the wood debuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The new instance Veno Pet leveling event does not work correctly.
    <Ctrl+(Scarab Attack skill)>
    Does not work, you need to <TAB> Target the invisible thing in front of the Guard or the PuffBird.
    Then <Shift+(AEO Attack Skill)> to activat or change.
    BUT
    The TAB method causes problems!!!!

SOLUTION
    > Write a ticket to Support !!!!!!
    The is the only way it will be fixed, so... PLEASE WRITE A TICKET.
    My Support Letter

These are some of the problems with this new event which I found that makes it nearly impossible to work this event successfully.

* Can not change the attack of the PuffBird or the guards very easily because you have to TAB to Target them (nothing else works) and then AOE attack them to change its state. This can not be done quick enough if at all because the Tabbing selects many other targets including the Mobs marching by while you frantically try to target your helpers.

* Can not tell what attack state a guard is in unless you go near it or it is attacking a mob. (Physical or Fire attack)

* I have no idea when I should try to activate a guard because you can not see how many points you have in order to activate the new guard. I have not been able to activate a second guard after doing this event 10 times.

* While pet is attacking or chasing Fox (mob, ect), pet will unsummon because it goes out of range. The pet should never go out of range in this instance.

* Pet spends all its time chasing a mob and rarely gets to attack the mob as it will keep on running.

* A player's attack does very little damage in fact they are useless for killing any mobs before they exit.

* Why do some of the quest messages in this game say the opposite of what they mean? At the end you can trade 1 Ferel Soul Star for 10 Ferel Soul Stars but the message reads BACKWARDS and says you can trade 10 old for 1 new. This would make you think that it takes 10 to get 1 instead of 1 to get 10 and players would not want to take the quest and get the extra rewards if they thought they would lose 9 Ferel Stars.

How long is it going to be before these flaws are corrected?
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    That's old news :p
    It's already been reported and the GMs are already looking into it but I'm afraid we'll have to wait for a patch from PWCN because I don't think the PWE staff have the means or tools of fixing it.

Also, the only monsters the Venomancer is supposed to be able to kill is the turtle. The waves need to be killed by guards and the foxes by your pet.

Look in your quest log and put your quest on track; you can see your credit there.

If you select a guard you can see what mode they are on depending on their icon (fire buff or physical buff). The guards also say something every time they are activated or change mode so you can keep your chat on common.

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Unless/until the guards are changed, you have to accept that to get a good score you must be in PK mode. I go white named late one evening before Lycaeum, and blue named early the next after Lycaeum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unless/until the guards are changed, you have to accept that to get a good score you must be in PK mode. I go white named late one evening before Lycaeum, and blue named early the next after Lycaeum.

Yes, but that means one would have to leave the account online for the 10 hours to go by in order to switch back ... not an option for some.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Yes, but that means one would have to leave the account online for the 10 hours to go by in order to switch back ... not an option for some.

Uhh.

It's been around for years (previously in Delta too) and despite it being reported in the quality corner there has been no word on it at all. Is it bad? Is it illegal? Will it be fixed? No response.

Most Venomancers use this to do the instance everyday.
    edited August 2013
    Uhh.

It's been around for years (previously in Delta too) and despite it being reported in the quality corner there has been no word on it at all. Is it bad? Is it illegal? Will it be fixed? No response.

Most Venomancers use this to do the instance everyday.

Oh wow, that's a life saver, I had no idea, since I have never been in pk mode lol . Thank you so much, will try it today!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd been thinking what's the problem to switch to PK mode for Lycaeum till i finally recalled that 10 hours to switch back :D But well... considering dreamchaser packs which provide you with free dolls, why not go perma white named while you are farming it actively?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    * Can not tell what attack state a guard is in unless you go near it or it is attacking a mob. (Physical or Fire attack)

* I have no idea when I should try to activate a guard because you can not see how many points you have in order to activate the new guard. I have not been able to activate a second guard after doing this event 10 times.

* While pet is attacking or chasing Fox (mob, ect), pet will unsummon because it goes out of range. The pet should never go out of range in this instance.

* Pet spends all its time chasing a mob and rarely gets to attack the mob as it will keep on running.

* A player's attack does very little damage in fact they are useless for killing any mobs before they exit.

* Why do some of the quest messages in this game say the opposite of what they mean? At the end you can trade 1 Ferel Soul Star for 10 Ferel Soul Stars but the message reads BACKWARDS and says you can trade 10 old for 1 new. This would make you think that it takes 10 to get 1 instead of 1 to get 10 and players would not want to take the quest and get the extra rewards if they thought they would lose 9 Ferel Stars.

How long is it going to be before these flaws are corrected?

As stated previously, select a Guard and look at the buff icon. If it's the Increased Physical Def icon, they are doing Physical Damage. Increased Fire Resistance, Fire Damage.

After activating "The Rift" quest, the waves actually don't come until you activate a guard. Use time to do what Desdi stated and Track the quest. Just remember you need 100 credits to activate a Guard.

Yeah, the pet unsummoning is kind of annoying. Ruined a couple of my runs when I didn't notice. I like the idea of them not unsummoning.

The only thing the pet should be chasing is Sly Fox. Use a fast, high physical attack [or both!], or ranged pet. A Scorpion should work fine. Make sure to put it on Manual mode that way it only attacks Sly Foxes on your command [pet attack hotkey].

Guards are what kill the waves. The only thing Venomancers do is activate guards, use skills to kill Rock-hard Tortoise [one of the Feral Souls], debuff fellow Feral Souls [Soul Degeneration on Cactus, Purge on mini Dino], and use Parasitic Nova on the final Boss Dino before he reaches the Puffbird [and then switching the Puffbird to apply all three Puffbird Debuffs].

The 1 for 10 definitely deterred me from picking it up the first time. It needs to be better translated, along with other things like Fire Resistant waves coming out with Physical Resistance instead.

I have nothing to say for the first couple points since I'm not familiar with the PvE servers and entering PK mode.

I hope this has helped a bit.
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Almost had a panic attack today

Got a perfect score today, and pwi decided to be nice and not only gave me the Feral Soul Stars, but also gave me the Squirrel Bewitch :D

Now to decide if I should sell it or learn it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Almost had a panic attack today

Got a perfect score today, and pwi decided to be nice and not only gave me the Feral Soul Stars, but also gave me the Squirrel Bewitch :D

Now to decide if I should sell it or learn it...

Despite it being a very rare skill right now, there aren't many people who will want it or be willing to pay much for it. I've asked a lot of people and a lot of them say they are fine with just the original Bewitch version.

I learnt mine because I'm obsessed with having every skill there is and it's quite fun to use it against people since most won't see it coming. Up to you though f:cute
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Despite it being a very rare skill right now, there aren't many people who will want it or be willing to pay much for it. I've asked a lot of people and a lot of them say they are fine with just the original Bewitch version.

I learnt mine because I'm obsessed with having every skill there is and it's quite fun to use it against people since most won't see it coming. Up to you though f:cute

Yeah, I tried seeing if anyone wanted it, but I was informed that no one has it and to make up a price. I'm a terrible merchant, so I decided to learn it. Who knows, if the PWI fates smile on me again, I'll be a very happy veno :D f:leer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, I thought that when you get 1k points, the only extra you can get is the bewitch squirrel book, but instead I got Claw. I thought you could get that one from 400 to 999 only f:despise
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    So, I thought that when you get 1k points, the only extra you can get is the bewitch squirrel book, but instead I got Claw. I thought you could only get that one from 400 to 999 only f:despise

Oh my...
    I thought so too so I've been skipping the boss to keep my credit at 900. Well then, it looks like I'm back to doing the whole thing b:chuckle
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Some people didn't bother to check pwdatabase... perfect score doesn't affect chance to get the claw or bless scrolls, it just adds the chance to get the squirrel book. I've said this before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    I probably missed it Dx I remember checking the database together with Xainou but somehow all I found about the perfect score was the Bewitch skill book so I thought it's just that.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Perfect Chest which is the item that actually pays out the rewards for Perfect Reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Ohh I see. I think that we were looking into was the quest, not the item. Unless the database wasn't updated when we looked P:
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nah, when we looked it just directly listed the books, without chances or the chest they came from. Was right after the update though iirc o,o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Definitely lack of data then :o It's good to know now though.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    956 points tonight, best score yet and only the second time I've scored over 800.

Still no skill books or scrolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i still can't get high enough scrore lol. Ugh ive partially given up.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Don't give up! I stick get lots of lousy scores. Unless you're refusing to go white to do the instance, you will get better with practice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Don't give up! I stick get lots of lousy scores. Unless you're refusing to go white to do the instance, you will get better with practice.

Yush, Mayfly is right.
    edited August 2013
    Since a little foxy told me how to play with pk mode, I really love doing the lycaeum now, I've been getting 700ish scores, even 800+, so I'm a happy camper!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]