How many rerolls you need to make?

Options
RyuTiger - Raging Tide
RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
I made over 45 rerolls to have -0.5 int on R8 boots and no luck. I know you cant have it first time but 45 rerolls and over 100 mil spend? I dont know how many more I have to make...
How many did u guys made? I just ask so I know if i am really unlucky or just is a "normal" thing.
Post edited by RyuTiger - Raging Tide on

Comments

• MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I made over 45 rerolls to have -0.5 int on R8 boots and no luck. I know you cant have it first time but 45 rerolls and over 100 mil spend? I dont know how many more I have to make...
    How many did u guys made? I just ask so I know if i am really unlucky or just is a "normal" thing.

you need on avarage ~250 tries iirc
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    you need on avarage ~250 tries iirc

Is that a joke?
    Why they put such bonus then if it is almost impossible to have?
    I give you money, mats, give me the damn bonus. I am sick of "%" and "chance to have" and all of that nonsense just like pigments for example.....i pay you to give me what I like not random colors. Is like you go to market and pay and the seller gives you random food with %. This is crazy to spend 200 mil to have a bonus....if you're lucky enough to ever have it
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Is that a joke?
    I give you money, mats, give me the damn bonus. I am sick of "%" and "chance to have" and all of that nonsense just like pigments for example.....i pay you to give me what I like not random colors. Is like you go to market and pay and the seller gives you random food with %. This is crazy to spend 200 mil to have a bonus....if you're lucky enough to ever have it

Chances are what make PWE`s money, you gamble, thus spend way more than simply buy said item, friend spent over 70 tries on chest and only got int then and if I`m not mistaking, chances on chest are way higher than on boots, so unless you are lucky, prepare to spend a fortune.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I've already did over 100 rerolls on the boots, with around 15 of them being before NW came out, where each damascene ore was 10-15m each.

Well over 1 billion coin spent on the boots, and I still don't have -int, while another lucky sin got -int on both boots and chest in under 5 rerolls.

As Angel stated, chances and low percentages that force people to gamble if they want to obtain it is how they make their money. The chances of getting -int on boots is still greater than that of getting something like a Scroll of Tome from a pack. It's just price differences are greater.
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    One sin on RT recently got double int on the chest, while he already has boots and another chest with 1 int.

All of that took him about 40 recasts. Luck is different.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    If parents knew how this game teach kids to gamble who knows maybe we would have some lawsuits rolling.. i never gambled before this game now i have to gamble everyday

i even bring coin and roll to see which one i buy in store coke or pepsi and stuff like that my life is all about gamble thank you pwi gambling is awesome
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'm a psy with r8r full armor set and I have very specific stats I am working toward.

Here's some tips that I have figured out :

1. If r8r is your end game option, consider how long and how much money r9 and above would take and cost. The stats on r8r will not likely happen even in a few weeks, and very possibly even months.

2. Use specifically nw supply token to pay for rerolls if you are able to get to nw.

3. So basically, you need to look at the costs of seal of wars, raps and uncans and see what will yield the most money to sell for coin. This is if you are using supply tokens to pay for rerolls. (of course add whatever other coin making options you normally use to gain coin)

4. you will need 19 supply tokens per reroll plus 1 chienkeng stone to reroll on "spirit of the forge" - this way you can choose to keep current stats or take the new rolled stats, but should never end up with worse stats (unless you really on that good of stuff at that particular moment, and if so, share!)

*** As far as my tactic for rolling the stats I specifically want, this is what I am doing (remember, I'm rerolling 4 armor pieces to get very specific stats on all 4)

Reroll the weakest piece of gear till you get 1 of 3 stats to where you want (so far I have 3 pieces at this point).

After those are all done, continue on to 2 of 3, etc etc...

I also do make a few attempts to hone knowing I will be stuck with decently rerolled pieces for a while... for example, my chest and legs have +4-10% pdef on chest and +4-10% ele resist on legs possible... I have x1 on each so far of those... I honed till I got decent stats on those and the other notable stats that are on those pieces... +8% to pdef atm and +7% ele resist atm... while the other stats on those worth having are also on the higher end of whats possible.

Hope that helps who ever b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Is that a joke?

They didn't force you to buy it.
    Do you go to a lottery and say: "I give you money, you give me prize"?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'm at 112 rerolls still LF single -int on the chest and it has 10x better odds of getting -int then the boots. I submitted a ticket basically saying "Wtf pwi? 1:21 odds and I'm at 112 rolls, can I get some help?" Of course they said "**** you."

One reason I submitted a ticked is I did my first 30 rolls before NW and eyes of darkness when Damascenes where 20-30m and all r8r mats were expensive, then did another 20 rolls when Damascenes dropped to 6-8m because of Eyes of Darkness. The last 70 rolls have been with NW Supply Tokens making the mats, so much cheaper. Roughly 3m and 19 tokens, ea. All in all I'm out over 600 mil and am months behind everyone else in the NW forges for an item who's 1:21 odds should be about 37m worth.

Odds on boots are 1:208, btw. .48% chance per roll.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory