Then what are good Genie skills now for a Cleric? xD
Post edited by xh2kjimcool on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    PvE:

Holy path (Very important since you need to keep up with puller)
    Cloud eruption (never make your squad wait for you getting chi & use when in BB to recast if interupted)
    Expel (safety button)
    Absolute Domain (safety button)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    PvE:

Holy path
    Cloud eruption
    Expel
    Absolute Domain

^ That and if PVP/TW add fortify (anti-stun) and/or Badge of courage (remove stun).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • xh2kjimcool
    xh2kjimcool Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ah thanks guys! :) I play on Morai so i will go with the PvE "build"lol
    -Snarl
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    PvE:
    Expel (safety button)
    Absolute Domain (safety button)

*makes love to the corpse of a necrod thread*

Expel takes some training and has both a few positives and negatives. I've added it and removed it from my cleric's genie twice now, I'm about to make a TW specific genie and put it on there.

The biggest issue is it seals you so you can't do anything. If you use it while already sealed then you get the immunity after the already existing seal wears off. The common trick to use is channel a self purify and hit expel and you purify the seal off as it lands but miss-timing can ruin things.

The second biggest issue is you have to target yourself or others. For me I keep my genie near right below my character and right above my F1-F8 keys, so if I want to expel myself I have to go to the top right and target my picture then back to the bottom of the screen to hit expel. Takes a little over a second for mouse travel so its not the fastest"pause" button. AD would be faster.

Last issue is 9/10 times you use expel on other players they don't want it. Almost every time a player uses it on me I'm pissed about it. People especially like to use it on barbs just because their hp gets below 10k -.- 10k is a long way to go before death and you've just ruined all my chi gain and may have actually killed me where I'd have been fine.

...Beyond that its a great skill lol. Trip sparked sins, 8 seconds is a long time for them to wait and let their spark die and its worth the seal. Learning to purify off the seal makes many things super simple in pvp. Being able to expel a-holes in pvp is also quite entertaining :D
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • scan4
    scan4 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    *makes love to the corpse of a necrod thread*

Expel takes some training and has both a few positives and negatives. I've added it and removed it from my cleric's genie twice now, I'm about to make a TW specific genie and put it on there.

The biggest issue is it seals you so you can't do anything. If you use it while already sealed then you get the immunity after the already existing seal wears off. The common trick to use is channel a self purify and hit expel and you purify the seal off as it lands but miss-timing can ruin things.

The second biggest issue is you have to target yourself or others. For me I keep my genie near right below my character and right above my F1-F8 keys, so if I want to expel myself I have to go to the top right and target my picture then back to the bottom of the screen to hit expel. Takes a little over a second for mouse travel so its not the fastest"pause" button. AD would be faster.

Last issue is 9/10 times you use expel on other players they don't want it. Almost every time a player uses it on me I'm pissed about it. People especially like to use it on barbs just because their hp gets below 10k -.- 10k is a long way to go before death and you've just ruined all my chi gain and may have actually killed me where I'd have been fine.

...Beyond that its a great skill lol. Trip sparked sins, 8 seconds is a long time for them to wait and let their spark die and its worth the seal. Learning to purify off the seal makes many things super simple in pvp. Being able to expel a-holes in pvp is also quite entertaining :D

Well before casting expel you can cast purify and then press expel if you're trying to protect other squad members as then the purify purifies the inability to attack thing (dont know what its called) but the immune to phys damage remains. hope it helps
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    A new thread for you so you can get information. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)