catshop fee

WannaBM - Archosaur
WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Suggestion Box
Make catshops pay a "tax" for standing in perfect world. Doesnt have to be an awfull lot, for example 100 coins per minute = 144k per day.

I am a merchant. One shop is online 24/7 and when i am not playing, i have 2 catshops standing. But at least my catshops are reasonable and doing bussiness. I see so many catshops who are just standing there, waiting for days until some drunk sucker comes and buy their tree times overpriced ****.

A little fee would get rid of all the nonsense reduce the catshop clutter by 2/3s and make it easier for the buyers to find the usefull shops.
Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
Post edited by WannaBM - Archosaur on

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013

Yes, Theroy about reducing the catshop populatiuon may work. I gotta say not by design of the game and i would love to see the population after you put that inplace. I would understand if they made a mall or something to stand your catshop in. I do set shops sometimes but make little money from them as i am not able to be around the computer much during the day. Doing this would put me at a loss... Granted a lot of people dont do merch but for the little money they earn when they do...
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I guess it's fine if you profit tons of money per day, but not everyone does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • QuietxKill - Lost City
    QuietxKill - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Agree,
    Lots of people are selling stuff which are totally overpriced!
    People are selling platinum HP charms for 10M while some people sell them for 6M max at West Archo..
    Or the thunder ponytail getting sold for 12M .. >< they need to get these people to pay taxes for their overpriced items lol!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome sign made by Silvychar ♥
  • McBern - Archosaur
    McBern - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe PWI would make a system that will not allow when vendor will put a price on their selling items, PWI should set a range of allowable prices for those sell-able items. :P
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Welcome to capitalism, boys

if I hoodwink some poor **** to buy stuff for lots more than what it's worth it's my gain and his loss.

No one's forcing him to buy overpriced things
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • McBern - Archosaur
    McBern - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Agree,
    Lots of people are selling stuff which are totally overpriced!
    People are selling platinum HP charms for 10M while some people sell them for 6M max at West Archo..
    Or the thunder ponytail getting sold for 12M .. >< they need to get these people to pay taxes for their overpriced items lol!

if I hoodwink some poor **** to buy stuff for lots more than what it's worth it's my gain and his loss.

A person who buy your stuffs are drunk and insane. b:pleased
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2013

Ye but in capitalism as we know it, its usally craft sellers who may succeed in doing so. And they do have to pay loads for a spot a prime location :)

What i complain about is just the hordes of idiot sellers who are just cluttering the streets :)
  • Heliophobia - Sanctuary
    Heliophobia - Sanctuary Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No, just no.
    Sometimes people might have low prices on their items but still cant sell them so why they should PAY to be able to sell an item with really low chance?
    Fashion for example. You can see the same items in the same shop for long time so I think it would be wrong to make them pay for standing there.
    I sometimes put catshop up selling fashion (for several hours, sometimes even few days) but still cant manage to sell a thing and I would have already paid what.. 288k for 2 days? That would mean I lose cash instead of gaining it.
    (and trust me, my fashions arent overpriced :))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    This fee does nothing to merchants, won't stop the shops with extreme prices (as if it really mattered they'd learn that a high amount of goods sold quickly at a lower profit margin beats waiting who-knows-how-long to sell one or two overpriced items), and hurts the casuals and lower income players who simply may want to make a quick bit of coin.

Besides, the AH already does something somewhat similar with the fee to list an item and the fee taken out of an item's sale and that still doesn't stop people from sticking things into it for far more than they're worth.

In other words, I'm pretty much against this idea.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I see where you're coming from but I'm with the rest on this one, it won't really change anything for the big merchants and if anything, it will hurt the casual players.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you impose a fee that is 114k, prices will go up by 1~20m, just because they can.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    I see where you're coming from but I'm with the rest on this one, it won't really change anything for the big merchants and if anything, it will hurt the casual players.

You mean the big merchants are those who see what is needed and provide it.
    And those that are making shops
    -selling EOO for 4m while they are worth 2m on my server
    -selling dorbs for 120k while they are worth 80k
    -trying to buy mirages for less than 10k
    -advertise "teles 10k" while asking 12k.
    -try to sell a normal token of luck for 4,9m
    -make an accidental typo asking 10 times the normal price
    -etc etc

Those are the casual players and we should be carefull not to hurt them ?
    Can't they just use their brains and trade stuff for a price that works ? It is not like they dont have a choise to be succesfull.
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Or make it that catshops pay 0,0001% of the value they sell.
    For example if you have a shop that sells a total value of 10M, you must pay 10 coins per minute.
    And 100 coins per minute for 100M total value, etc...

So people selling stuff for like 1M total value, they pay only 1 coin per minute lol.
    edited August 2013
    -try to sell a normal token of luck for 4,9m
    -make an accidental typo asking 10 times the normal price
    -etc etc

Can't they just use their brains and trade stuff for a price that works ? It is not like they dont have a choise to be succesfull.

I think by casual players Desdi means people like me who set up catshop sometimes. (at nights for example)
    If you call dorb, mirage or tele -sellers casual, let me tell you something: most of them are merchants.
    And about those who try to sell normal token for 4,9mil, they are scammers not casual players.

If you fall for those shops by yourself, its your fault so please, dont come QQ to the forums that PWI needs catshop fee just because there is overpriced and fake catshops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    -try to sell a normal token of luck for 4,9m if they are making an attempt to trick people into thinking it's a token of best luck
    -make an accidental typo asking 10 times the normal price but only if it's accidentally on purpose. Otherwise it's a mistake that would be made irregardless if there was a tx.
    -etc etc

None of those are representative of a typical casual player, and the bolded are scams, or at least usually scams. You want to get rid of them, submit a ticket instead of taxing everyone. The people buying low and selling high are mid-level merchants. They buy lower but then they eat up the cost of leaving the catshop so you don't have to do it. Which is perfectly fair.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    None of those are representative of a typical casual player, and the bolded are scams, or at least usually scams. You want to get rid of them, submit a ticket instead of taxing everyone. The people buying low and selling high are mid-level merchants. They buy lower but then they eat up the cost of leaving the catshop so you don't have to do it. Which is perfectly fair.

Yes thats what i am doing. But i just cant help but wonder why my neighbour is still standing there with his shop that sais "tokens 12k" and is attemping to buy tokens for 10500. (market price is B12 S12.5 roughly) Obviously he hasnt been succesfull all week. And it just surprises me that when i look around in town, 2/3s of the catshops seem to be such wonders or marketing. What are these people thinking and where do they get the motivation to keep setting up that shop after every server reset ? :S
    edited August 2013
    Money is their motivation.
    Good merchant can make lots of profit/day and if you make like ALOT (lets say 50mil/day or even less) you keep putting it up again and again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    lol you dont read do you ? You speak about good merchants, i obviously was not speaking about those.
    edited August 2013
    Money is also the "not-so-good" merchants motivation. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Make catshops pay a "tax" for standing in perfect world. Doesnt have to be an awfull lot, for example 100 coins per minute = 144k per day.

I am a merchant. One shop is online 24/7 and when i am not playing, i have 2 catshops standing. But at least my catshops are reasonable and doing bussiness. I see so many catshops who are just standing there, waiting for days until some drunk sucker comes and buy their tree times overpriced ****.

A little fee would get rid of all the nonsense reduce the catshop clutter by 2/3s and make it easier for the buyers to find the usefull shops.

How about we make it even better. A tax for every sale made and tax per minute/hr. Hey and at the end of the year, we can have PWI Tax Returns and charge a fee for doing the yearly taxes. That can be a new skill to learn, Taxes. Level 10 Tax Broker. Then this way, I can make money off of those that are making sales throughout the year, like you, since you wanna charge a fee for shops sitting around. And if you don't file your Shop Tax return, you get charged a PWI penalty fee. Sounds like a plan, lets all make it happen.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Kossy is exactly right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i say we (cat shops/ merchants) get together and raise our prices.
    example: Longen herb is going for around 5k, now what we shoukld do on the dreamweaver server is simple everyone charges the same rate, lets say 8k and if some one undercuts us we march over and buy them out or just "persuade" them to leave or join us.
    implementing a catshop tax is the most noob-tard idea, if there is a tax then catshops will charge more to make up for the tax.....basicly pay the price or go farm/earn the things you want, stop swiping your credit cards for a game that is not worth 1 cent.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pssh, if you're so pissed then go shop around more. I usually look at at least 5 catshops, usually scouring entire West Arch (every shop in West Arch that sells what I want), before settling for one.

Or I set my own shop to buy
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive