Need Tips

Options
NottLie - Dreamweaver
NottLie - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Cleric
I plan to follow this build : http://pwcalc.com/8a59f3885cf86a58

Actually i'm using tt90 gear and g15 wand, but i already have robe and hat ready to up to g15, and 99 tunic and sleeves, so i just need the golds for boots and pants and the cannys to make g15, and already have the tunic,robe and boots molds to make g16 and 57 badges and 10 warsong inscription( make ws belt).

I have 4.3k unbuffed and 5.8k with buff, and i can do ws without big problems, my only problem is defend the pavs, i dont have enought dd to kill before start to stack many mobs, and they have chance of instant kill so one time i die, what can i do?

Should i buy uncannys and do tunic and sleeves g16 with my badges to get +500 hp or wait until i get the weap mold first?

How the cheapest and easiest way to refine my gear and how i can farm demon skills to me ( i have both 79 skills, cyclone and plume shot, and metal mastery and ultraviolet dance to learn)?

Should i sell my ultraviolet dance or learn? I still need so much money...

I bought gold and sell to buy the 99 gold mats( i got the mats today) and i'm planning to buy more 60 gold to help me should i buy the cube neck or sky covers ? Or get orbs to refine?

And about gems, i need 6 lvls 11 pdf gems, 5 lvl 11 hp, 4 +1 atk lvl and 8 +1 def lvl, but how i can get this cheap? Lvl 11 or 10 the difference worth the price?

And what the best way to turn the gold in coins? buy packs? sell to someone?
I have many questions but i start it this,im not rich and r9 is a impossible dream so i will be good with this build i made?
Post edited by NottLie - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    When i look at that build, i see a total price tag of about 3b coins. that is assuming dorbs are bought on sale times. If you invest that in a character you might as well consider going r9.3 imo.

I assume you want your weapon to be G16 too. Its G15 in the build. During the period you are still building all this, maybe PvE or being support in PvP is more important that doing damage. In that case G16 weapon would not have priority since the attack levels do not benefit healing.

Cheaperst gear refining:
    Buy DQ points from a catshop if price is no more than about double the merchant value or farm themyourself. Then you can use the event gold tisha and tienkang.
    For everything except your weapon do the following:
    1-3 mirage only
    4-5 tienkang
    6-8 tisha
    9-12 dragon orbs.
    This will cost you like 3000-4000 mirages on average per item. Very frustrating work to click and if you dont want to end up with refines lower than you started, do not start refining anythig to +8 if you dont have at least 10.000 mirages.

The weapon, just use Dorbs starting at +2 or so.

selling a skil book when considering a 3b coin build makes me think you have absolutely no clue what your plans really cost.

rings or neck, dunno, depends on what you are currently wearing on those spots and what do you want more desperatly right now, pdef or channeling ?

If gems are worth the difference in price is hard to tell you. The price go up exponentially compared to the quality. It is up to you how for you want to go. Remember that you cannot take them out and use them again. So once used its an investment you wont get back. Therefore personally i want the best or something i can lose. Most people use flawless or immaculate until they can afford to replace with JOSD/DOD/vit stone.
    Cheaper options but labour intensive are the morai g9 shards or the SOT and ABA weekly G10 shards.
    Higher level chards are best bought from other players. They come from packs, but buying from players is going to be much cheaper than hoping to get lucky on packs.

Turning gold into coins can be done by buying items from the boutique and selling them to players in your catshop. Many people actually turn their coins into gold to do this and make a profit. However, this is a profession in itself, you need to know exactly what items to buy, when to do so and how to beat the competition with your catshop. Margins are small. If you dont want to get into that bussiness or you dont think you got what it takes to do that (i think you dont) you are probably better of just selling your gold in the AH.

As i said, this is a 3b coin build. Yes you will be good with it. But if r9 is a dream, than so is this. R9 is a better one though.

If you want to be realistic, you could think of builds like these:
    PvE cleric (cheap, 100-200m coins will get you something like this)
    PvP cleric (a bit more expensive but obtainable for most players. sharding i done all different things to represent the options to get cheap chards from morai and weekly quests.)

The PvE cleric i linked is a really cheap build. I made it for a dual clienting support cleric for TT runs mostly. A G16 weapon is added to it though and it does ok in warsong.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Good news!! g16 armor is not always 4 sockets so you'll probably need 6 less gems!

on the bad news, I think it's better to forget that build.
    even if you have the base g16 armor, each +10 around 100m, +12 450m, ornies around 200m and the gems.. heh,,,, lets say 35m each. so the total cost would be *drum rolling* 3.2billion. and I forgot the tome.

on the bright side, the build you posted is quite inefficient.
    attack levels don't affect your healing. def levels are inefficient in your current state.
    Try to reach something like http://pwcalc.com/b0309c9ede480087 first.
    You can add 2 lunar rings for more pdef/chan too.

The main question you need to ask yourself to decide for the first step is, do you heal enough? do you keep people topped up? do they die? do they charm tick?

If you think you need more healing power: get the 2 g16 pieces and restat around 50vit to mag. If not, get the 2 g16 pieces. People will accept a cleric that can't solo a pav but not a cleric that can't heal (and healing includes survival).

Do you NW? If no, get 3 more g16 pieces (not the cape!) then the weapon. Otherwise, get the weapon first. When you get all the inscriptions, get the belt. But post a pwcalc of your current gear, it's easier to find the best thing you can do that way!

Get the +15 attack/def lvl blessing; use the other only when you DD.
    Sell the UV dance; for now you should focus on being able to heal. Even in NW, most clerics don't run in UV all the time and you'll probably get more tokens by healing *yourself* and surviving a bit longer than by doing a bit more damage.

for gems, stick to flawless and slowly farm weekly sot/aba to get lvl10 gems. with your hp it will be hard; sot will be impossible if you don't do the crystal trick: basically you farm crystals in the bloody courtyard inside sot and use them for the whole instance. even if you don't understand this, tell it to the squad and someone should get it XD

best way to sell gold is to buy something that sells well and resell it. Snake packs are pretty good atm, dragon fire packs are also good.

edit: WannaBM, stop channeling the power of potato buildsb:avoid
    *compares the builds for healing slaves http://pwcalc.com/6b8a1ebcb19c52a2*
    (weapon was bought for 40m)
    I guess 33 warding levels give your cleric the ddge XD But ew, more morai questing :b
    you only purge once #yopo
  • NottLie - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I dont have problems to do weekly sot and abba i already have 4 Crushed Emblems, my heal is good too i heal like 2k hp with wellspring and 6k with streams, if i need win time to heal someone i use guardian light so i have time to cast streams, archers sins and ppl with low hp/quickly loose of hp i heal with wellspring, im not so bad , i have a sin alt lvl 63 and i soloed his fb/culti boss until 51...i do nw and normally i do like 6~8k points, and i know that +12 and +10 in others will not be fast, but like i said is a plan, step by step i will get there, when i done with my g16 gear i was planning in just forge and sell g16 daggers and others weap per like 100m. And with the sockets i will hope 4 sockets but if not im slowly put them 4 sockets.Actually i use O'malley's but when i be like that build i will not need this...idk in my server have some ppl really op compared to some people this is not a op and expensive build...i know a wiz r9 full +12 with all +1 attack lvl and def lvl so...i was thinking in put +5 in all first, then going work in neck and belt, then weap, then the rest, rings the last, and as u can see i put all g16 with the minimum % possible, so the pdf and mag def can vary to more.

In genie i have cloud stream and holy path, absolute domain and tree of proctetion, i try to be always ready to bb when doing ws or lunar.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Adding a 4th soccet to G16 gear is not realistic. you need 20.000 socket stones. So that is 100m coin just to make a hole in your gear.

Forging daggers and weapons isnt so simple as it sounds or everyone would be doing it. You make it sound like easy 100m profit but the reality is that you need to first get a base weapon, then do NW 2 times for the raps, then do lots of FW runs and finally pay 20m for the dagger mold because certainly a non sin will rarely be given the dagger mold if it drops in FW. In fact even a sin who needs it will have a hard time getting it without paying the 20m because it is so insanely wanted. Try for fun a WC message saying "WTS G16 dagger mold on floor 20m". More than likely you get 4PMs in 3 seconds. Most of my FWs start with 3 people attempting to claim the dagger mold and me politely telling them it will be sold.

Finally i see you talk alot about what your healing skills do. It doesnt say much to me. But i do notice that you do not mention IH. IH is pretty much your number 1 healing skill. Forget stream of rejuvenation and wellspring. These are highly situational skills. IH is king.
    And for the healing: A magic attack of 10k is minimal. 12k is good, 15k is an OP cleric that makes us barbs feel we can never die.
  • NottLie - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    To be true i almost never use IH, in ws and lunar runs and most runs of anything i just have to be ready to bb when barb stop the pull, so i just have to use other heal skill when my bb is interrupt by something, so i normally have squish sins archers and wiz loosing hp too fast if i use IH they will die so i use wellspring, and barbs with like 30k+ hp dont worth stack IH because hp up too slowly and they dont loose hp too fast, and this is only while i get time enough for 2 chi again with genie skills or apo. I know IH is one of my bests heals but almost all the time is just not the case for IH.
    Idk how is your server, but mine if you dont have a weap +10 you even suffer discrimination and i play alone so random squads most of the time.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The problem is that the other skills cast too slow. So thats the dilema. You see hitpoints going down fast and you have to choose between an IH that might not be strong enough or a slow casting skill that will probably be too late. I am not a pro cleric who can find those situations where the wellspring surge just fits in, but i know its a situational thingy. IH on other hand can be stacked and prevents HPs from ever getting low.

When BB goes down, there are imo 2 skills primarily worth considering before you recast it:
    Chromatic if multiple players are taking damage.
    IH on the tank so that he has healing during the time you channel your new BB.
    Maybe a lot of -channeling can make the other skills more usefull, but without fast channeling, i just cant wait for them. And sometimes i do run into clerics who seem to prefer them over IH, and they scare me (the barb who hopes to survive) like hell. It's usually like "omg wheres that heal, wheres that heal, i got about 1s left to live at this rate" ..... "no heal, *click samsara wheel*... There comes weelspring surge.... thank you, used the samsara wheel already.

About the weapon discrimination. On my server people are very easy on the normal dayly things. Noone is discriminated in BH or weekly SOT/ABAs.
    Random FWs the mentality is a bit like "if you can defend your pav, you're probably good"
    Mobless FWs yes there will be lots of discrimination, but not really against the cleric. All we care about is your BB halving the incomming damage and your buffs :)
    edited August 2013
    Options
    another good thing with IH is that it wont get lost after a charm tick, or after something I did to regain hp.
    Idk how is your server, but mine if you dont have a weap +10 you even suffer discrimination and i play alone so random squads most of the time.

I'm in DW and I've never had a problem with my non+10 weapon. I hardly see anyone asking for a weapon link in the first place, and those that do it's mostly to weed out g12 morai clerics. Asking for a link =/= accepting only +10.
  • NottLie - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Yes i stack IH before pulls and give guardian light too(which practically zero damage) and spamming wellspring is the best way to fill hp of someone with low hp, as i said i heal 2k with one wellspring, i can fill 4-6k hp in seconds and wellspring is fast enough to heal between mobs hits if damage is high, but in a pull with many mobs aggro in someone u have few seconds to do something,thats why i am saying i just like to cast guardian light spam wellspring and after some IH to hold hp.The best thing is because guardian light have instant cast and dont get aggro.
    And i already saw many squads asking for weap link , and i personally are always around OP people, thats make me feel more worse, i saw many and many ppl with +12 +10 tigers and dragons gems, why i cant have too ? Will took times but not impossible
    I saw a seeker and mystic soloing hellfire in sot, wiz with 20k pdef, venos with 20k hp doing huge pulls in fc, now im starting a ws run with a barb with 51k hp full +10 vit stones and a bm with 30k hp, everybody looks so OP, i want join this OP club and i will slowly get there, i believe after i be g16 will be more easy.
    edited August 2013
    Options
    a pity to see taking only the first step for improving, aka asking, and then failing to take the second step, aka taking the advice offered.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    1. Do not refine g16 Nirv or g14 Cube necks/Warsong belts to +12. It's a waste of money. I'd also argue don't refine g16 Nirv armor over +7 unless it's a cape/helm as well, tbh.

2. Do not shard g16 Nirv outside of helm/cape/wep with anything higher than exclusives/incomparables.

3. Cloud Stirs are...really not that great, tbh.

Why? It's a waste of money. With all the money you'd be spending on that stuff, you could literally go r9rr with full +10 and be better off defense-wise than that build.

Lets break this down, yo (in HL prices, might be more/less on your server):

3 +11 orbs = 600m (assuming 200m ea)
    3 +12 orbs = 1.05bil (assuming 350m ea)
    8 DoDs = 520m (assuming 65m ea)
    5 DoTs = 250m (assuming 50m ea)
    6 g11 garnets = 330m (assuming 55m ea)
    5 g11 cits = 175m (assuming 35m ea)
    2 Cloud Stirs = 160m (assuming 80m ea)

3.085bil for that.

r9rr on sale (assume 1.8m gold price + HL prices):

512.5 gold for 205 GSTs = 922.5m
    190 gold for 19 medals = 342m
    9 Summerwind tokens = 607.5m (assuming 25k cannies, 125k raps; breakdown is 30m for cannies, 37.5m for raps per token or 67.5m ea)

1.872bil for that. ****, you could even get a +10 r9rr ring (assume 7m ea for seals, 45m ea for +10 orbs) and +10 Sky Cover (assume 125m for the ring) as well.

Edit- Comparison calc:

http://pwcalc.com/ab82d88a5f8d517f

I used the stats on my r9rr for this. So you get:

2k more HP
    2k more pdef
    2k more mdef
    2k more matk on average
    27 more atk levels
    9 more def levels
    -12% more channeling
    Puri proc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Spend like 20 mil on a makeover scroll and some good fashion, then use that and D-cups of justice on your character to coax r9rr +12 out of your newfound sugar daddy.

Get on my level scrubs, I best at managing moniez.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • NottLie - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I dont want r9, why? Because is not only the money, is all the time months and months and alot of work too, because all of this i decided to end with g16 gear, is good enough to me and since im not going to r9 theres nothing more to do than refine and equip shards, refine something is much easier than make and farm r9rr and i know i will not going to end this, so i dont like to start something i will not finish, i barely can wait to my g16 imagine months and months waiting for someone that idk if i will can do...no no i prefer my g16, like i said refine and equip shard is more easy than make r9rr.
    I will change my lvl 11 gems per lvl 10 gems and took all them in weekly sot/abba, and i can reroll my g16 pieces infinite times till they get 4 sockets, one more thing i still have 8 gold what i should do with this?

And nobody said me yet how i can get my demon skills cheap or farming.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I dont want r9, why? Because is not only the money, is all the time months and months and alot of work too, because all of this i decided to end with g16 gear, is good enough to me and since im not going to r9 theres nothing more to do than refine and equip shards, refine something is much easier than make and farm r9rr and i know i will not going to end this, so i dont like to start something i will not finish, i barely can wait to my g16 imagine months and months waiting for someone that idk if i will can do...no no i prefer my g16, like i said refine and equip shard is more easy than make r9rr.
    I will change my lvl 11 gems per lvl 10 gems and took all them in weekly sot/abba, and i can reroll my g16 pieces infinite times till they get 4 sockets, one more thing i still have 8 gold what i should do with this?

Did you not read Eoria's post about how much the orbs and shards are going to cost you to get? I don't see how you think this is so much easier to get than r9.

I don't totally agree with Eoria saying that G16 nivana is not worth to refine highly or to shard properly. For many people it is a cheaper option over all if they are sharing the gear with other toons. Or in my situation where there is no Heavy armour r9 option.

G16 is a good set of gear to play the game at a comfortable level, judging by your posts you are going to be working on gear for a very very long time to come, I wish you all the best but make sure you are realistic with what you can achieve.

With the 8 gold? not really enough to do anything serious with. You have the option of selling it for coin, buying cash items to resell or buying some nice fashion... my suggestion would be to find something to invest in as you are going to need a lot more gold down the track....
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I dont want r9, why? Because is not only the money, is all the time months and months and alot of work too,

Your dream build you posted in your first post is gonna take you like double the time and work just going full r9rr +10 would.
    because all of this i decided to end with g16 gear, is good enough to me and since im not going to r9 theres nothing more to do than refine and equip shards,

With the amount you'd spend in shards and +11/+12 orbs, you can do full r9rr, a +10 r9rr ring, and a +10 Sky Cover. You will end up with a lot better atk/def as well as being able to take advantage of puri proc. I did not account for the +10 orbs on the armor in my calculation because I simply used the +10 orbs you would be using on the g16 on the r9rr.
    I will change my lvl 11 gems per lvl 10 gems and took all them in weekly sot/abba, and i can reroll my g16 pieces infinite times till they get 4 sockets,

Weekly SoT/Aba is all well and good, but it's going to take quite awhile unless you do it on multiple chars on your account. If you only do it on one char on your account, it'll take a month just to shard one piece assuming 4soc. Six months to shard a set.

Also, it's like 4m per reroll on g16 armor (3m for entrance fee to Lunar for the ess + 1m for the craft fee) as well as 2 Warsong runs or 3 Lunar runs for the badges. You have a 10% chance of getting 4soc. Do the math on how much money/time that can potentially cost you.
    one more thing i still have 8 gold what i should do with this?

8 gold is chump change. Either buy stuff you can merch like HP charms or orbs from Dragon Fire packs or just save it.
    And nobody said me yet how i can get my demon skills cheap or farming.

The short answer is that outside of the easy skills to get (the fb89 skills, metal mastery) and the common-ish skills (pdef/mdef buff, wellspring, thunderball, mdef/pdef break), everything else will cost you 10-15m+. The long answer is that people barely open books anymore and book farming is down due to the SoT/Aba changes. So for example, the demon res that would cost you 20-25m or so is now being jewed for like 40m. ofc, you can try rolling the books yourself, but sounds like you need to work more on your gear than demon skills atm.
    I don't totally agree with Eoria saying that G16 nivana is not worth to refine highly or to shard properly. For many people it is a cheaper option over all if they are sharing the gear with other toons. Or in my situation where there is no Heavy armour r9 option.

Yeah, I neglect to mention this often. A full +10 g16 Nirv set or whatever IS a good option if you're gear sharing between multiple chars (I do this with my cleric's old Nirvana set between a mystic, mage, and veno on my acc). It's also good for the people who do weird builds and pull it off like Smash. I usually assume people coming to ask for help are asking specifically for one char though unless they state otherwise.
    G16 is a good set of gear to play the game at a comfortable level, judging by your posts you are going to be working on gear for a very very long time to come, I wish you all the best but make sure you are realistic with what you can achieve.

Pretty much this.

OP, why don't you post a current pwcalc and we can help point you in the right direction for right now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• PsychicTuna - Harshlands
    PsychicTuna - Harshlands Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I plan to follow this build : http://pwcalc.com/8a59f3885cf86a58

Eww... DoTs.
    *Explodes into Tuna* ._.

Mains:

Doom_Panda- 102 R9 partial 3rd cast Sage Barb 29k HP.
    Dawnx - 100 Demon Cleric.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Demon Mystic.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    OP

1. The amount you are going to spend to refine g16 will be almost the same price as R9. Back in the day i went full G15 +10 and guess what? It cost the exact same amount of coin as R9. So go R9. It'll be the same time getting r9 than getting g16.

2. Guardian light has a 5min cooldown. Its a defensive 79 skill. It can't be spammed if the cd is 5min long. You're not sage so i don't think you meant Guardian seal either that heals 1.5k hp.

3. DoT's is USELESS for clerics unless you plan on being a metal mage which no one likes to have in a squad. Attack levels don't mean greater heals.

4. If you want high pdef get 2x physical rings. Sky Covers. That mag attack and channeling that you lose won't make a difference.

5. Rerolls cost alot, you're assuming you going to get 4 sockets and good stats. Thats 1/10 chance. R9 is always 4 sockets. Therefore you only need to worry about stats.

6. R9 purify wep rocks.

7. DoD's is pointless. Get JoSD or don't use def lvl shards at all. Vit Stones, or a mix between citrine or garnet gems will be better. Though i have compared many builds together before, full vit stones is better than the hybrid build.

8. Get rid of that vit. If you really become op you won't need that vit.

9. This is my build OP: http://pwcalc.com/c3db8327dd394b4b back in the day i use to be able to survive anything. Now i get one shotted. R9 will always be better than other gear. That is why ill be going r9 instead of trying to g16 this gear cause i know it still wont save me from one shot. Only way to beat r9 is to become r9.
  • _Elveis_ - Heavens Tear
    _Elveis_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The build you have there will cost you a lot and personally in my opinion attack level shards on a cleric are very useless. Clerics main enemy is phys attack and by looking at your gear which you want i would say you want to pvp but having phys def shards would help a lot more. I would also (again in my opinion) strongly go against putting gems in g16 gear because if you can afford gems and DoTs then you might as well just go rank 9 gear.

For refining its best to refine 1-3 using mirage, 4-5 using tienkang's and 6-7 using tisha. It's the cheapest way and you would save a lot. This is the build i'll have and it hasn't cost me too much except for refining from +7 to +10. http://pwcalc.com/a821dab2dc82a5f1 Have fun getting your gear
    edited August 2013
    Options
    well, the g16+10 armour cost is pretty similar to r9rr+3. it's also better.

sure, you can argue that you will refine it/shard it; eventually
    1) in the meantime you are just a catshop; and I already quit (/took a brake) because it was boring as hell; with my g16+8 I have quite a bit of fun and profit from NW.
    2) How fast is eventually? it's not like they won't release a new set.

9. This is my build OP: http://pwcalc.com/c3db8327dd394b4b back in the day i use to be able to survive anything. Now i get one shotted. R9 will always be better than other gear. That is why ill be going r9 instead of trying to g16 this gear cause i know it still wont save me from one shot. Only way to beat r9 is to become r9.

qq I cant oneshot you
    For refining its best to refine 1-3 using mirage, 4-5 using tienkang's and 6-8 using tisha. It's the cheapest way and you would save a lot. Have fun getting your gear

XD
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    **** G16, purify proc OP
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options

sure, you can argue that you will refine it/shard it; eventually
    1) in the meantime you are just a catshop; and I already quit (/took a brake) because it was boring as hell; with my g16+8 I have quite a bit of fun and profit from NW.
    2) How fast is eventually? it's not like they won't release a new set.

qq I cant oneshot you

XD

You will one shot me one day potato. Unless im r9rr by then b:chuckle
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    OP

1. The amount you are going to spend to refine g16 will be almost the same price as R9. Back in the day i went full G15 +10 and guess what? It cost the exact same amount of coin as R9. So go R9. It'll be the same time getting r9 than getting g16.

Are you taking into account the possibility of future alts that can share equips, whether they're pve or pvp oriented, that those who take the Nirvana G16 path are able to gain in PvE much faster early on, that Lunar Nirvana is trade-able where many have rank equips they that are a waste of inventory space?
    3. DoT's is USELESS for clerics unless you plan on being a metal mage which no one likes to have in a squad. Attack levels don't mean greater heals.

Most of the time in today's game: a good squad shouldn't need healing. It's more efficient in many cases for a Mystic to heal and battle so a Cleric can dd as well (End of wave 3 in Rebirth is great example). DoTs are made less useful for all classes because of the attack level bonuses and adds on equips.

Metal mage are indeed wanted by better players. Compare Mark of Weakness to Amp for example. MoW is sustainable, doesn't require you to be close, and doesn't keep you from doing dmg for some time to inflict it.
    4. If you want high pdef get 2x physical rings. Sky Covers. That mag attack and channeling that you lose won't make a difference.

lolwut?
    6. R9 purify wep rocks.

No doubt, but how many people quit soon after becoming OP? Many will spend far more time earning it than they will enjoying it. Many get bored for lack of challenge.
    Only way to beat r9 is to become r9.

There are many r9's out there that can't tank BH SoT, Aba, Snakefist, Lunar, etc while I can at far less investment. For PvE, and less abled players r9 isn't practical.
    edited August 2013
    Options
    oh look, another herp derp get ALL the mattack post by thumbs without any math to support it
    **** G16, purify proc OP

keyword: armour :p
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »

lolwut?

I don't feel like explaining this. I proved it to myself. So yeah it sounds stupid until you try it then you realize you live longer than other clerics and can tank sins etc and blah blah too lazy.

If OP is wanting to be PVE then sure go G16. But eventually the OP will want a change of pace and realize G16 is pointless against r9s. And btw the r9s you talk about have no clue how to play, theres some r9's out there who actually know how to play so you can't generalize like that.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    oh look, another herp derp get ALL the mattack post by thumbs without any math to support it

keyword: armour :p

**** armour, i pvp with nothing on me
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• thumbs
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I don't feel like explaining this. I proved it to myself. So yeah it sounds stupid until you try it then you realize you live longer than other clerics and can tank sins etc and blah blah too lazy.

If OP is wanting to be PVE then sure go G16. But eventually the OP will want a change of pace and realize G16 is pointless against r9s. And btw the r9s you talk about have no clue how to play, theres some r9's out there who actually know how to play so you can't generalize like that.

What you said is an outright lie: " That mag attack and channeling that you lose won't make a difference. "

There is no explanation for it.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    What you said is an outright lie: " That mag attack and channeling that you lose won't make a difference. "

There is no explanation for it.

It's not a lie. You have 0% channeling and 0 magic attack when getting 1 shot by every class that can deal physical damage due to lack of pdef.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    It's not a lie. You have 0% channeling and 0 magic attack when getting 1 shot by every class that can deal physical damage due to lack of pdef.

So much this.

I can understand wanting mag attack and all but fact is a dead cleric has 0 m.atk, MP, and channeling.

And in many situations, defense is gonna be far more useful than a relatively small amount of attack.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • thumbs
    edited August 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    So much this.

I can understand wanting mag attack and all but fact is a dead cleric has 0 m.atk, MP, and channeling.

And in many situations, defense is gonna be far more useful than a relatively small amount of attack.

Yep and you can be as dead from lack of -ch and matk.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited August 2013
    Options

You're much more likely to be dead from lack of defenses in pvp than lack of channel and matk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options

Never heard of anyone dying because they lack 12% channeling considering they get 1 shot in the first place tbh.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin