Soooo.....when's Nation war map gonna be fixed?

Longknife - Harshlands
Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Nation Wars
Just bringing this up again because holy **** is this important. Nation war is one of the most fun things this game has to offer alongside TW, and while it's still fun, it's not nearly as fun as it used to be. It's a lot harder to find even fights these days.

Please PWI, make fixing this your top priority.
I <3 AGOREY
Post edited by Longknife - Harshlands on

Comments

• Alexlne - Dreamweaver
    Alexlne - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1 The map really needs to be reverted back to the previous size ASAP, in NW as it is you're lucky to find more than one or two interesting fights due to there being too many lands, and the ease of gaining points by just entering an instance without having to fight is promoting players to multi-client further taking the fun and whole point of Nation Wars away.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I find it much more fun and rewarding like this, sorry you aren't having the same experience as I and others have had.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know I like it more like this. there's less chance of getting base locked and its ezer to get lands back if you do. I do think there point system could be improved on but that's something for a different post.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I`d rather want the time changed for at least 1 NW as we have argued in the past, you spoiled brats can at least participate, QQ map sux...
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I support the idea of a time change on one of them, preferably the Sunday one.

I don't mind the map as big as it is, and I like not getting crowded out of fights when I arrive at a battle.

My issues are with multi clienting in there. You have two types of multiclienters, those who actually play both characters, whom I don't have a problem with, and those that play only one character while they run the other around to instances and leave them at the spawn points to suck up credits. Those I have a problem with. I think PWE needs to revamp the reward system so "do nothings" don't cut the credit scores of those who fight for the map, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Making it actual Realm vs. Realm would be good too, but again, not holding my breath.
  • Alexlne - Dreamweaver
    Alexlne - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I find it much more fun and rewarding like this, sorry you aren't having the same experience as I and others have had.

I'm not sure how you can consider your achievements with the current map as "rewarding" when a sizable amount of the points everyone is gaining are simply thrown at them without having to do much more than be inside the instance - the exact reason so many are finding it profitable to multi-client NW once more.
    I don't know I like it more like this. there's less chance of getting base locked and its ezer to get lands back if you do. I do think there point system could be improved on but that's something for a different post.

When PW upgraded the map size from the first map to the one we had previous to the current map base locking was more difficult to achieve and even more so to maintain than it was with the first map, what happened at least on Dreamweaver is that one OP squad trying to base lock would be stuck holding one or two lands while people just moved around it.

The current map is over kill in regard to that and it was not meant for the number of players any one of the PWi servers can field on it's own, this map was meant for server vs server which is not set up here, so we have numerous lands with minimal numbers of players inside or none at all on one side. Personally I do not believe that was how PW envisioned Nation Wars and our previous CM did comment on this issue stating they were looking into reverting the map back to the previous size, here: Nation War Regional Map Size Discussion
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    changing how the points are given to players would be a big change to the code. revert the map size shouldnt be, because china had the medium size map (the 2nd one we got, this current one is 3rd) with the new battles

this map is not good for the pvp aspect, because like in some other game that has World vs World vs World, the wgole concept of PvP is to avoid players and fights to get more points, that is not Player vs Player
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The map is just fine as is... Just gotta know how to read those little numbers along the warfronts to see where people are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Master_Ghoul - Lost City
    Master_Ghoul - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if it mean less chance to get 1 shooted again and again whats wrong with that unless you guys are the ones who enjoy one shooting ppl for laugh.

bigger map also mean you wont be stuck in base cos oh the over powered player who payed big bucks cant hold the normal player down for long and must spread out wish is great.

one over powered player is hard enough for a lot of us a whole group is insane.

sorry i dont think we should make it easier for you to get your kicks
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if it mean less chance to get 1 shooted again and again whats wrong with that unless you guys are the ones who enjoy one shooting ppl for laugh.

bigger map also mean you wont be stuck in base cos oh the over powered player who payed big bucks cant hold the normal player down for long and must spread out wish is great.

The OP squads steamrolling everything in their path is the main reason I quit going to NW. They overtake everything like Georgia kudzu.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Generally the battles are more empty. Most go easy empty land picking for nation. They probably use alts on top of it. I'd still like the previous map more in size. Crystal contest would be way more at it's place then in this huge map where attackers usually win it before the defenders arrive and got the time to get even 1 crystal back.

I don't really like how the new map favors solo land picking and leaving on any resistance. Only good side of it is that use not even 10% of the charm/pots for same amount of tokens. I hope they go back to the old size with the new battles integrated soon. I'm not interested in server vs server as it would just result in f*cked up times.

Yeah, digging stuff in maps without enemies must be way more fun b:chuckle Baselocking was a problem on the 1st map we had. It was already rare on the 2nd. The current map is insanely big and just empty unless you organise battles.

And seriously, I can see 1 OP player being hard on a bridge battle for a squad of "normal players". But on a flag or crystal contest you should win thanks to your numbers, unless normal = dumb players.
    edited August 2013
    trands wrote: »
    Generally the battles are more empty. Most go easy empty land picking for nation. They probably use alts on top of it. I'd still like the previous map more in size. Crystal contest would be way more at it's place then in this huge map where attackers usually win it before the defenders arrive and got the time to get even 1 crystal back.

I don't really like how the new map favors solo land picking and leaving on any resistance. Only good side of it is that use not even 10% of the charm/pots for same amount of tokens. I hope they go back to the old size with the new battles integrated soon. I'm not interested in server vs server as it would just result in f*cked up times.

Yeah, digging stuff in maps without enemies must be way more fun b:chuckle Baselocking was a problem on the 1st map we had. It was already rare on the 2nd. The current map is insanely big and just empty unless you organise battles.

And seriously, I can see 1 OP player being hard on a bridge battle for a squad of "normal players". But on a flag or crystal contest you should win thanks to your numbers, unless normal = dumb players.

agree with you on the second point. you may be undergeared sometimes, but come on, how many times i saw 1v10+ and the solo guy wins on the flag map. why? because instead of spreading to get the flag, they would try to chase the OP guy, or just AFK thinking "we are 10, we will win" . so yes, even on the last map we had, if you have that kind of mentality, you lose.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I simply find it humorous how many people are so phobic of being base locked that they fail to realize that you're about as active as you are when you're base locked if you're just picking up free lands alone....

Or maybe people only care about tokens and not about the fun factor. Personally, I liked the map better when fun and tokens weren't mutually exclusive.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i like new map better than the old one because we get the chance to go various different map. and beside in this new map, 10 ppl squad with mostly OP ppl are really not good in this new instance. when 10 people in 1 squad just focus in 1 land at same time, other enemy will try to get the empty land. so basically with this new map, ppl who go squad should just lower the number of their squad member :)

i always go solo now with my veno. thanks to apoth from aba, so i always have buff in nw.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    all the positive comments here are probably those "land hopper" combined with alts, reaching a giant amount of token without even having to fight.

so we had this, no offensve, not so smart faction member ("how do i upload screenshot in forum?") claiming he got 570 token with 48.000 contribution. nobody believed him, but he indeed got 570 token without a single fight. all he did was joining and leaving lands, 2 hours straight. was this the intention of PWI? giving free token to leechers and abusers while those that ensure the nation credits waste their charms and gain not even 33% of that in the end?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I simply find it humorous how many people are so phobic of being base locked that they fail to realize that you're about as active as you are when you're base locked if you're just picking up free lands alone....

Or maybe people only care about tokens and not about the fun factor. Personally, I liked the map better when fun and tokens weren't mutually exclusive.

Even if you're only fighting 1 person or hell, even just digging a crystal in an empty land that is far, far preferrable to baselocking. For one, an empty crystal battles lasts a hell of a lot less than a baselocking. And for another, there are things you can do to avoid so many battles even if it might lower your overall contribution. And third, if i'm going to be sitting around doing nothing all bored, I'd rather get some points than no points. Overall baselocking was terribly exploitative of the small map sizes, and I'm glad it's a thing of the past. It also solves the problem of spawn camping, at least to me. Because it's easy to leave and still get other battles without getting scared it will base you for no reason and you'll be stuck for the next 40 minutes in base. People care about base locking because it's neither fun nor lucrative. You get way more opportunities for both without the base locking problem, and even if you don't find any fun battles at least a d/c can't cost you all your money for the night. What the hell is fun about that? Absolutely nothing. The only people who would think that being able to baselock was at all reasonable or good game design instead off-balanced are the people that could jump in vent with a coordinated squad and go baselock. Nice for you, but not everyone can do that for numerous different reasons and you shouldn't need a third party program to even participate in an event.

That said, I do think the current map is overkill in solving those problems. The map before last alleviated a lot of them, although I think a couple more territories around the base would have been nice. This is just wayyy to big and it's really easy to get a lot of contribution while doing nothing. I still prefer this map to the first map for the above reasons, but it's overkill atm. Not that I can complain really, I'm taking full advantage on the lower charm costs to save up coin for better gear.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2013
    the map we had before this one solved 90% of the baselock, so this map is not"usefull".

but yay, make things clear, even in PvP players want profit. sad
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Guys its not base locking, its more like securing a 20 person fight for you! Consider the convenience, they don't have to leave their door step to find a challenge.

First map MIGHT have been a little prone to base locking (as ppls gear equalized and moves towards end game this is less of a problem) 2nd map was pretty good.

The New map is just ludicrous, its possible to find a good war, but it feels like your actions are moot. In the last 2 maps it felt like you could accomplish something.

Whyyyyy PWI did you put a multi server map for each of our servers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]