Flowing Stardust vs. ???

nvrwaz
nvrwaz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Archer
What are the pro's and con's to Flowing Stardust vs. R9 or Nirvy 3rd cast? R9 is as ever rather expensive, Nirvy is cheap but everyone's got one. Also - no debuff and the stats are so erratic that I want to light it on fire.

Sweetiebot show me the stats on a recast Flowing Startdust
Post edited by nvrwaz on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ***Flowing stardust + 0 = the equivalent of a +10 G16 bow and full +7 armor with +7 rings and orns in cost, a near useless proc with a terrible rate, i.e. rich hipster weapon to show off to the rest of the country club
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    it's pink. the other bows don't fit the *** elf archer lore
    ***Flowing stardust + 0 = the equivalent of a +10 G16 bow and full +7 armor with +7 rings and orns in cost, a near useless proc with a terrible rate, i.e. rich hipster weapon to show off to the rest of the country club

for a moment I thought you were saying that a warsoul+0 had same dmg with g16+10, then I realised I failed xD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nvrwaz wrote: »
    Sweetiebot show me the stats on a recast Flowing Startdust
    Sure, no problem.

Image of the stats on a recast Flowing Startdust
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• rhianwenea
    rhianwenea Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I actually am making this bow in the next week or so to be my end game weapon. The only bow better than this one is rrr9. If you have no attention of going (or can't afford) r9 this bow is the next best option. When is comes to price it's really not that expensive any more. NW has made it very affordable. If you farm NW for all the tokens you need for Warsouls and SoWs it will only cost you 300 mil in coin to manufacture them.

Here is the bow
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's not that great of a weapon considering the cost, time it takes to make it, and overall effectiveness. You cannot only look at the manufacturing fees when considering cost, unless you think your time has a value of zero. You're FAR better off with a cookie-cutter G16 or R999 set. The only real thing going for it is that it looks pretty and not many people have it. Then again, there's a reason not many people have it. It's not good...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited July 2013
    rhianwenea wrote: »
    I actually am making this bow in the next week or so to be my end game weapon. The only bow better than this one is rrr9. If you have no attention of going (or can't afford) r9 this bow is the next best option.

no it's not. people somehow think that refines are free or that they will /eventually/ get them. as wal said, for the cost of warsoul you can get a g16+(10-12) which is far better than the ws. if you can +12 the warsoul: you're pretty close to r9rr.

i'm not even going to comment on the "blah blah if you farm NW it's only 300m" nonsense since I've come to realise that people are idiots and there's nothing to do about it except exploit it for your own profits. even with that, 300m will land you at g16+10.
    The only real thing going for it is that it looks pretty

meh, I'd rather have r9(r). tt g13/5 looks way more awesome too
  • Heliophobia - Sanctuary
    Heliophobia - Sanctuary Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    meh, I'd rather have r9(r). tt g13/5 looks way more awesome too

R9 is pretty but expensive. (and you cant farm the materials)
    If you want cheap and pretty weapon get Jaden Emperor's Defiance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I actually am making this bow in the next week or so to be my end game weapon. The only bow better than this one is rrr9. If you have no attention of going (or can't afford) r9 this bow is the next best option. When is comes to price it's really not that expensive any more. NW has made it very affordable. If you farm NW for all the tokens you need for Warsouls and SoWs it will only cost you 300 mil in coin to manufacture them.

Here is the bow

Except you can't ignore the cost of the supply tokens even if you farm them yourself, because you have as an alternative the ability to sell those tokens and buy something else.

Even on my server, where NW token prices are extremely low (~25k per token), you're looking at over a hundred million just in token prices: the first Warsoul bow requires 3,300 supply tokens for warsoul fragments, and the second one requires 500 straight tokens and another 2,000 tokens for the SoWs.

This comes out to a total of 5,800 NW tokens. At 25k per token, that's 145 million coins. If raps are 60k on your server (35k on mine), double that. If they're 85k on your server, triple that.

Add to this the make fees: 262.5 million coins for the warsoul fragments; 52.5 million for the Seals of War; and 78.75 million for the recast bow.

In total, on Archosaur, where tokens are 25k each, you'd be looking at 538.75 million coins. On other servers, expect that to be more than a hundred million higher.

In contrast, let's look at the cost to make the r9r3 bow.

To make the first cast r9 bow, you need 85 GSTs and 5 MoGs. Assuming you got both of these while they were on sale, this comes out to (85*2.5 + 50) = 262.5 gold. At 1.25 mil gold prices (which is where Archosaur was at the time of the sales), this comes out to 328.125 mil.

2nd cast r9 requires 4 summerwind tokens: 1200 raptures and 4800 cannies. On Archosaur, this comes out to (1200*35k + 4800*7k) = 75.6 mil.

3rd cast r9 requires what basically amounts to nothing: 4 EoOs, 60 basic badges, and a 5 mil make fee, totaling out to no more than 19 mil if you take a market price of 100k per basic badge (for g16 services).

In total, the cost for making the r9r3 bow: 422.725 mil.

Adding to this the cost of getting 300k rep: (300k/25)*8k => 96 mil, we get a sum total of 518.725 mil.

So, actually, getting the r9r3 bow costs less than getting the warsoul bow, or at least roughly equal. Exact prices will be different on other servers, but I expect the end result to be about the same. You can also add in the fact that once you get the 300k rep for the bow it's pretty cheap to snag the armor as well.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    And if you want to be a troll run around with heaven shatterer and ugly fash looking like a total noob, fire a stunning arrow and suddenly swap to R9rr+12 bow

(G13 is the lowest bow to be able to use distract arrows)
    Channels

• rhianwenea
    rhianwenea Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Except you can't ignore the cost of the supply tokens even if you farm them yourself, because you have as an alternative the ability to sell those tokens and buy something else.

Even on my server, where NW token prices are extremely low (~25k per token), you're looking at over a hundred million just in token prices: the first Warsoul bow requires 3,300 supply tokens for warsoul fragments, and the second one requires 500 straight tokens and another 2,000 tokens for the SoWs.

This comes out to a total of 5,800 NW tokens. At 25k per token, that's 145 million coins. If raps are 60k on your server (35k on mine), double that. If they're 85k on your server, triple that.

Add to this the make fees: 262.5 million coins for the warsoul fragments; 52.5 million for the Seals of War; and 78.75 million for the recast bow.

In total, on Archosaur, where tokens are 25k each, you'd be looking at 538.75 million coins. On other servers, expect that to be more than a hundred million higher.

In contrast, let's look at the cost to make the r9r3 bow.

To make the first cast r9 bow, you need 85 GSTs and 5 MoGs. Assuming you got both of these while they were on sale, this comes out to (85*2.5 + 50) = 262.5 gold. At 1.25 mil gold prices (which is where Archosaur was at the time of the sales), this comes out to 328.125 mil.

2nd cast r9 requires 4 summerwind tokens: 1200 raptures and 4800 cannies. On Archosaur, this comes out to (1200*35k + 4800*7k) = 75.6 mil.

3rd cast r9 requires what basically amounts to nothing: 4 EoOs, 60 basic badges, and a 5 mil make fee, totaling out to no more than 19 mil if you take a market price of 100k per basic badge (for g16 services).

Adding to this the cost of getting 300k rep: (300k/25)*8k => 96 mil, we get a sum total of 518.725 mil.

So, actually, getting the r9r3 bow costs less than getting the warsoul bow, or at least roughly equal. Exact prices will be different on other servers, but I expect the end result to be about the same. You can also add in the fact that once you get the 300k rep for the bow it's pretty cheap to snag the armor as well.

You forgot the R9 ring, which you need to get the R9 Weapon. The ring will cost you another 200-300 mil depending on the price of MoGs and GST.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You forgot the R9 ring, which you need to get the R9 Weapon. The ring will cost you another 200-300 mil depending on the price of MoGs and GST.

Point conceded, though the actual cost (based on the earlier assumption of buying everything during the 50% off sale) would be 2.5*32 + 3*10 = 110 gold, or about 137.5 million coins at 1.25m per gold.

That still puts the r9r3 weapon at just over 100 million coins more expensive than the warsoul bow, for which you get higher damage, interval, (a little hp) and a vastly better proc, not to mention having already unlocked the ability to get the armor.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    It's like Ast said quite a while ago, the R9 bow is just superior. It's a fast bow (-int), a purge bow (blackhole), and a hard-hitting bow (attack level) all in one. All other bows are, at most, just one or two of those. Warsoul may be slightly cheaper than a R999 bow, but it's also inferior. I've got nothing against people using a Warsoul bow, but there are better options. Now, if you want cost-effective, then you can always go for g16. It really depends on your goals in the game.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • _omegis_ - Sanctuary
    _omegis_ - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's all about Warsoul Claws people.
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Quite honestly the Flowing Stardust for Archer's is an absolute waste of money. The proc is terrible, the dex and crit adds are the only decent thing on it. The rank 9 bow and its upgrades are far superior, its the best bow in game and has been since it came out. Purge is to good to ignore and with the cost of getting a warsoul weapon of ANY kind is the same cost as getting rank 9, just get the rank 9. The s3 is easily upgradable to and cheaper than the s2 warsoul. I really don't see the appeal in a warsoul weapon when the rank 9 has better adds for PVP.

There was an archer who got the Flowing Stardust and linked it in world chat and I told them its the same cost as r9 and they said they knew. I was like dafuq why did you even waste your money then. its 2,160 supply tokens for 4 summerwinds which is less then HALF the supply tokens needed for the warsoul weapon, the the Essence of Offense and badges are FREE via farming. I just don't understand why people are even considering these as endgame weapons when there are better available.
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Add to this the make fees: 262.5 million coins for the warsoul fragments; 52.5 million for the Seals of War; and 78.75 million for the recast bow. = 393.5 mil

Adding to this the cost of getting 300k rep: (300k/25)*8k => 96 mil, we get a sum total of 518.725 mil. + ring = 656.225 mil

So the warsoul bow is 262.725 mil cheaper than R9 bow. You don't use the price you can sell the tokens for to say how much something costs, you use the price it takes to actually make the item. I'll never be selling my tokens, so will never make any money off them. Once I have my bow I'll be using the tokens for gear and tome. Then once I finish my archer I'll be using the tokens for other characters gear.

If you are not getting R9 this bow is the next best option. G16 can be on par with this bow, but you will spend millions rerolling it. I know people who have rerolled their G16 gear a 100+ times and still have horrible stats. It's a gamble. Plus to get G16 you need to farm Warsoul a bunch a times to get the molds. Took me less than 5 seconds to make the Warsoul mold.

Also it depends on what you are using the weapon for. For PvP this bow is not the best, that's a given. But if you are going to be a hardcore PvPer than you need rrr9 or you won't stand a chance any way. I only do group PvP in NW and TW, most of my time is spent in PvE and for that this bow is great. It has really high base damage, and I won't even need to reroll it unless I want higher attack levels. For me this bow was the best and cheapest option for how I play.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
    edited July 2013
    You don't use the price you can sell the tokens for to say how much something costs, you use the price it takes to actually make the item. I'll never be selling my tokens, so will never make any money off them. Once I have my bow I'll be using the tokens for gear and tome. Then once I finish my archer I'll be using the tokens for other characters gear.

:double facepalm:

you have X tokens.
    choice 1 sell them, buy g16+12 bow with nice stats
    choice 2 make warsoul
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    :double facepalm:

you have X tokens.
    choice 1 sell them, buy g16+12 bow with nice stats
    choice 2 make warsoul

Who would refine a bow to +12 (plus reroll many times for good stats) just to sell it. On our server +12 orbs sell for 200+ mil each. To make that bow would cost you easily 500 mil. No one is going to spend that much money to make a bow to sell. There's a chance no one would buy it and then you'd lose money.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
    edited July 2013
    Who would refine a bow to +12 (plus reroll many times for good stats) just to sell it. On our server +12 orbs sell for 200+ mil each. To make that bow would cost you easily 500 mil. No one is going to spend that much money to make a bow to sell. There's a chance no one would buy it and then you'd lose money.

they don't make the bows to sell, they sell them because they switch to r9rr. anyway, yeay, a +12 will be hard to find. you can easily find +0 with nice stats for reasonable prices or even +7-+10 if you search/wait a bit. and I'm inclined to believe that your friends that rerolled 100+ times have the herp derp mentality of 'weapon must have only attack stats' and thus dismissing awesome rolls such as those including hp or vit.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    You don't use the price you can sell the tokens for to say how much something costs, you use the price it takes to actually make the item.

For anyone even remotely versed in basic economics

and lol a TT G16 bow goes for around 50-60 mil max on my server. A guy is currently selling a +12 bow (he's going R9) for a price that I don't remember but that is definitely under 500mil
    Channels

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    You don't use the price you can sell the tokens for to say how much something costs, you use the price it takes to actually make the item.

No, because that makes no sense. My go-to example is if an item takes one year to farm, but costs 1 mil in fees to manufacture, is it only worth 1 mil?
    G16 can be on par with this bow, but you will spend millions rerolling it.

You also have to reroll the Warsoul bow. Admittedly, you are guaranteed a fairly high attack level, even with a crappy roll, but the same is true of the g16 bow.
    Also it depends on what you are using the weapon for. For PvP this bow is not the best, that's a given. But if you are going to be a hardcore PvPer than you need rrr9 or you won't stand a chance any way. I only do group PvP in NW and TW, most of my time is spent in PvE and for that this bow is great. It has really high base damage, and I won't even need to reroll it unless I want higher attack levels. For me this bow was the best and cheapest option for how I play.

Again, as I said before, it's just not a cost-effective weapon given the existance of g16. I know I sound like a g16 advocate, though I use r9, but I just call it like I see it. I've got nothing against using the Warsoul bow, and yes it is the 2nd mots powerful option, but it isn't the best choice if you really dissect it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nvrwaz
    nvrwaz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Based on the pwdatabase listing, it appears it's claiming that you have a max of 115 attack levels, and almost 7 crit between the 6 on the bow, and the max 19 dex. This sounds like an incredibly powerful option. I actually have a g16 +10 bow. I was considering the change because of the att lvls - 115 + 20 (complect) + 30 (Jones) = nasty dmg... AND I'm at 37% crit... Add in 37 + 7 (bow) + 2 (stones) + 46% Natural Critrate... Since the arch can't really int, I wanted to find a different way to do dirty to r9rr. And I roll r9rr fc'd poor baby credit card swiping never pvp'd before noob archers all the time. I been in this game 5 years, and I have cs'd. But not enough for r9 TOTAL in 5 years of playing. I'm good at what I do... But I fear I'll never have that kind of cash or time to farm. Makes me sad that a lucky shot from a noob with a better bank account and suddenly my skill is pointless. No offence to the players with a bankroll and yet earned their place. I just want some of these looneytoon posers to turn their stuff over to me when they get done in 3 months cause I'll actually value it, Ijs.

Enough rant - I appreciate the reply, the 115 att lvls, if it is real, is interesting. But I'm not going to make the bow in the hopes it comes out like that. And if this bow costs as much as r9 - I'm not paying the $500 or more use on Harshlands to make either. :(
  • Dark_Angel - Harshlands
    Dark_Angel - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is my first time using forums, and I just figured out how to turn on my avatar. Nvrwaz is me :)
    edited August 2013
    you get 116 attack levels when you identify the unidentified add, right?
    I think that you dont get that add XD
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    There is no such add. I.E. Warsoul bow is a crappy waste of time.

and again, farming it is an issue of tremendous opportunity cost. Might as well sell raps and go +12 G16 bow

Spending millions rerolling it? Trying to get 3X -int or what? 13/16 of the possible stats on G16 are useful to archers. The only bad stats will be +str, +mag or +MP. Even if you roll str you can then proceed to restat the str (bow = 52 str wield) if you're OCD
    Channels

• Gwok_Jing - Sanctuary
    Gwok_Jing - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    warsoul weapon not worth money other then that u want save tokens i dont think that help either best if u trying be cost affective sell ur tokens and make for r9 its way bettre then warsoul and u can probably farm back until n unless u have totaly stoped farming NW... u asked for advice so simple advice go r9
    edited August 2013
    and again, farming it is an issue of tremendous opportunity cost. Might as well sell raps and go +12 G16 bow

hey, it's not like tokens are really liquid assets with tons of catshop seeling/buying all the time. oh wait. b:chuckle

by the way, I sold my g16+11 2x icebourn 18mag/1attack lvl/something else sphere for 270m (I bought it for 350m) and saw some daggers+12 with -int sold for 340m.
This discussion has been closed.