About DP/S

Options
_Shui - Harshlands
_Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Archer
Im sage Archer. I realised my dps with auto attacks in PVE is better than with skills.
Now agony of choice.
Should I get -cha gear to spam skills faster to get more dps than auto attacks in PVE + PVP or -int for auto attack, PVE and g16 claws?
Post edited by _Shui - Harshlands on

Comments

• Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Lol what?
    At level 93 you realised this?
    Doesn't matter whether you're sage or demon, why would you bother trying to make up for lost damage when one method already outperforms the other?... Surely you'd just work on the one that already does most damage?
    Or have you accidentally forgotten that you're not a seeker?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    -chan archer lol

do you also have deadly shot , DoT arrows and stormrage eagaleon on your skill bar
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Lol what?
    At level 93 you realised this?
    Doesn't matter whether you're sage or demon, why would you bother trying to make up for lost damage when one method already outperforms the other?... Surely you
    'd just work on the one that already does most damage?
    Or have you accidentally forgotten that you're not a seeker?

Nah I realised that much earlier but its about time to take a desition. I got 8 tm79 medals in bank waiting to either get int or cha cape. Ya work on the thing that already does most damage would be intervals but I think channeling might be more effective for NW, TW. Or I try to mix cha + int a bit so I always get the first strike against ppl without any cha gears.
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited July 2013
    Options
    -chan archer lol

do you also have deadly shot , DoT arrows and stormrage eagaleon on your skill bar

Yes. Cha Archer. Let me get a -cha set on my archer then we'll 1 vs 1 and in the time u charge 1 shot ill do 3-4 in that time and then ill lol at you
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Nah I realised that much earlier but its about time to take a desition. I got 8 tm79 medals in bank waiting to either get int or cha cape. Ya work on the thing that already does most damage would be intervals but I think channeling might be more effective for NW, TW. Or I try to mix cha + int a bit so I always get the first strike against ppl without any cha gears.

Uh.. You want to hit people before they hit you in tw/NW?...
    Do you know what class you're playing or are you trolling?
    No. Channeling is not more effective. Get interval gear and learn to play your class. You're an archer and you've rolled the cultivation path with the most range on the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yes. Cha Archer. Let me get a -cha set on my archer then we'll 1 vs 1 and in the time u charge 1 shot ill do 3-4 in that time and then ill lol at you

last i checked, most of our skills have a channeling time of 1s. Unless you are talking about Deadly Shot/charging Take Aim vs you spamming skills in a 1v1, it will never happen. Most good archers only use Deadly Shot/fully charged Take Aim on unsuspecting targets, which is not the case in a 1v1.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

he will press F1 and "interrupt" your channeled skill instantly b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Archer is basically an auto-attack class. Please take Vicious Arrow, Serrated Arrow, Deadly Shot, and Stormrage Eagleon off your F1-F8 and 1-9 keys to be taken seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hmm, this Shui person at first appeared to be an idiot getting trolled by heartless forum regulars but now appears to be an artful troller of trolls...
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hmm, this Shui person at first appeared to be an idiot getting trolled by heartless forum regulars but now appears to be an artful troller of trolls...

no, i know him..he is being serious b:embarrass

and he did not get trolled, Bhavyy was actually being helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    Options

To play this game a certain amount of learning had to be done by yourself. If someone has rolled safe archer and doesn't realise that this gives them a range advantage above everyone else to hit them first, and I point out that they're stupid for doing so how is that trolling?
    The same could be said for realising auto attack does more dps than skill spamming at level 92.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You should get a veno harem.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    you Should Get A Veno Harem.

- Q 2013
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Archer is basically an auto-attack class. Please take Vicious Arrow, Serrated Arrow, Deadly Shot, and Stormrage Eagleon off your F1-F8 and 1-9 keys to be taken seriously.

I never use those. I gotta admit that I sometimes like to use Stormrage Eagleon because it looks cool.
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Ik I got sage winged blessing and Im using +4 Windcatcher for even more range. I always get the first hit unless its a stealthed sin.

I was very sure demon archer is an auto attack class but I wasnt very sure about sage archers. Well better late than never. So I can finally get my int cape today so Im also more effective using my [URL=" http://global3.memecdn.com/troll-payback_o_1416071.jpg "]pole.[/URL]
  • Heliophobia - Sanctuary
    Heliophobia - Sanctuary Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Ik I got sage winged blessing and Im using +4 Windcatcher for even more range.

And why on earth do you use crossbow while auto-attacking?
    If you want to auto-attack get a sling or bow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heliophobia - Sanctuary
    Heliophobia - Sanctuary Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Sorry about double post.
    Shui, if you got something to say, say it here instead of on Private Message. :)
    And yes, Windcatcher does have -int bonus but you're 93 (or higher if forum lies), so why you're using level 88 crossbow when you could use higher level bow?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elvenhawk - Heavens Tear
    Elvenhawk - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    but now appears to be an artful troller of trolls...

+1 to this Touche Shui..Touche!
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

Why the **** would I charge a shot for minimal additional damage when I can just auto for 4-5 times more damage?

And if you're using the 88 crossbow for range....I'll just leap and we'll be all even

seriously, the +range is like the most idiotic thing ever, unless you're BoA trolling with Galvanic in TW. In which case your level 88 crossbow would no exactly zilch damage

Sage or Demon archer is about autoattack. Sage gets better elemental skills (lol 7.5K sage frost arrow crit on unbuffed unmarrowed BM) but demon QS gets a whooping ~40-45% damage boost when it procs, for a loss of 6% crit when demon stunning/STA buff is up.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited August 2013
    Options
    +1 to this Touche Shui..Touche!

thx :D
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2013