What would it take for you to pk?

13»

Comments

• Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I used to be white named constantly and occasional PK is fine by me. I generally did PvP when a friend asked me to PK with them, but it's really not worth it. PvP tends to be too much ego for my tastes and I don't want to deal with people's childish vendettas in a game I play for fun. The last time I did PK, some people from a top faction were having temper tantrums (I'm still not even sure why) and it was one of the most dissatisfying experiences I've had in PWI. That, or some person with ridiculous gear sends messages like "ur ded, u beter run." I mean, really?

I don't understand the "Max gears" option. "Equal gears" would make more sense to me. I have poorly refined r9r3 on my bm, and PvP isn't fun on him. I can go into NW uncharmed with no blessing or apoth and it's still no challenge. My interest in the game actually came back a bit when I did NW on my squishy R8 cleric.

I can deal with everything else about PK. I don't mind buying charms or GS; it's just a little expense to have fun. Gear is too imbalanced and people need to take their egos down a few notches at least, and then I'd probably PK more.
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I only pve. pvp is geared for those that lust for power and are never satisfied and rage quit when someone that shelled out 1000 dollars kill them with ease. PVP is a cheap way for game devs to get more money with very little effort. PVP = power.

I play for fun, not war!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When my potential enemies have not OP gear. I know, pking today is just a r9 thing most of the time .... and i could just farm everything to get it myself and to have a chance, but its not funny anymore if im already high lvl. I enjoy the time at the beginning of a server when it takes some months to have people at 100+ and r9, because usually people go in PK mode on those servers as soon as they can below 100 and you actually have a chance to beat them, i mean seriously :
    A lvl 45 Archer with Gold weapon is able to kill a lvl 80 full TT Barb, but a lvl 101 Archer with Nirvana gear has hardly a chance to kill a same-lvl barb with full r9? Seems to me that something is wrong with our PK-System.

Sure, sometimes you have the chance to beat r9 people even without having r9 yourself, but WHEN you do "someone" badmouth your name in WC so you have like 5 r9+12 after you because you DARE to pk without endgame gear.

For me, PKing should be something you can do on your way to endgame and not something for endgame-best geared people only. I usually love any kind of PvP on other games, and I also enjoyed it on PWI before r9 was reachable and everyone below 100 not just got oneshotted. But well, if PWI ever makes a new server ill enjoy it again for some weeks till the next endgame chars appear.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't like PKing; never have, probably never will. This is not to say I don't enjoy TW & NW's because I do. But just random 1v1 where people are rude, OP, and arrogant - no thanks. I play this game to escape RL drama & stress etc, not to put myself into a situation to endure more.

Plus the fact that you have to go red name for X amount of time, you can't just switch back when you're finished, so even if you aren't actively PKing, someone could randomly come up & kill you while you are out trying to accomplish other stuff; I could possibly lose gear that I need for TW & NW that cost me time & money to get; etc etc there's just no point to it for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Once the veno instance came out, and was stupidily impossible to do in PvE mode, I just switched to being white named and left it that way after a few days. Haven't touched the little switch mode since, but before that I never went into white named mode, ever, and I've been playing for a long time, aha. Now it kind of feels like I'm playing at a more 'real' level being white named, even though I haven't actually done any PvPing and it was just for the sake of being able to do something un-doable outside of the mode, so it's not really justifiable or anything.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ****ing carebears....
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ****ing carebears....

Quoted for truth b:laugh
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drama
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ah yes, I should've put Max Gears or Equal Gears. Although generally, the people who trash talk you only do so because they have OP gears. Once they no longer get the gear advantage, it's a different story.

I would've put more options, but unfortunately I can only put 10!
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Max/Equal Gear.
    Seriously though - no point walking out white named when you're a 1-hit from some random R9.3+12 w/JoSD or Deity shards and NW upgrades (especially since its the high/maxed geared who tend to sit around in PK mode anyway).

I find NW itself more fun since I've come across the strong who can be killed with coordination and even a few fights against equally (or close to equal anyway) geared opponents. The additional objectives also keep things interesting too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Rauldaman - Sanctuary
    Rauldaman - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd pk every day with repairs paid off, guardian scrolls and apoth.

Would be a change of pace not seeing the same people arguing about PKing each other, every day.

I would hope that by now, they'd know no one gives a **** about their bullpoop.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have nothing to gain from PvP. If I want to PvP: I'd play another game like Nexuiz or Mortal Kombat II where my win has nothing to do with investment.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PVE is bread and butter, how u think i got my full r999, I farmed it. PVP costs too much on PWI, I don't mean gear, i mean charms, pots etc. But if charms were free...i'd be fighting all the time.
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
    edited August 2013
    Honestly PvE's just boring and easy.......and I DON'T KNOW who can even play this game strictly for PvE purposes as they serve no challenge to those who have any INKLING of how to use their skills/apoth/genie.

Atleast PvP's unpredictable and has no set pre-programmed PATTERNS which is why it serves as more challenging than PvE which is USUALLY why people who are good at PvP are also GREAT at PvE by default gg.

Stop carebearing and go PLAYER KILL MOFOS (had to go there gg)
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Honestly PvE's just boring and easy.......and I DON'T KNOW who can even play this game strictly for PvE purposes as they serve no challenge to those who have any INKLING of how to use their skills/apoth/genie.

Atleast PvP's unpredictable and has no set pre-programmed PATTERNS which is why it serves as more challenging than PvE which is USUALLY why people who are good at PvP are also GREAT at PvE by default gg.

Stop carebearing and go PLAYER KILL MOFOS (had to go there gg)

Sometimes people are old enough and played enough MOBA and FPS to realise that most people are as predictable as any npc in any game after awhile, and it soon gets boring too.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PVE is bread and butter, how u think i got my full r999, I farmed it. PVP costs too much on PWI, I don't mean gear, i mean charms, pots etc. But if charms were free...i'd be fighting all the time.

^ This. Charms are way too expensive...you can easily burn 5 Charms (plat ofc) on a 4 hours session...thats redicolous.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I work as a prison guard, IRL. My entire frigging day is a challenge, filled with the scum of the earth, murderers, rapists,child molesters, you name it, I see it every day. When I get home, I want something different.

I really don't get the attitude, to be honest: while you and everyone else who loves to PK is PKing, I'm off in the maps doing my own thing. It's very likely that our paths will never cross ( leaving aside that we're on different servers and all ), and yet I get the feeling that my mere existence ( as a PvE player ) offends you somehow. Why?
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I work as a prison guard, IRL. My entire frigging day is a challenge, filled with the scum of the earth, murderers, rapists,child molesters, you name it, I see it every day. When I get home, I want something different.

I really don't get the attitude, to be honest: while you and everyone else who loves to PK is PKing, I'm off in the maps doing my own thing. It's very likely that our paths will never cross ( leaving aside that we're on different servers and all ), and yet I get the feeling that my mere existence ( as a PvE player ) offends you somehow. Why?

Don`t take these internet warriors too serious, Rae, only people that like to kill other people have some issues, complexes, fail real life, you name it, and they compensate it with being bad *** mofos in a virtual environment, oh lookie I can kill some virtual person, go me! b:sweat
    edited August 2013

Why would it offend me? I'm on a PvE server after all b:laugh
    SO YOU WORK AS A PRISON GUARD......THIS IS GOOD SO YOU COME HOME SOMETIMES MAD AS HELL and what can you do? TAKE IT OUT ON PEOPLE LIKE EVERY NORMAL SANE PERSON DOES! And make them QQ to make yourself feel better! Muahahahahahahahaha PK = Stress reliever = BETTER HEALTH = HIGHER QUALITY OF LIFE.

Don`t take these internet warriors too serious, Rae, only people that like to kill other people have some issues, complexes, fail real life, you name it, and they compensate it with being bad *** mofos in a virtual environment, oh lookie I can kill some virtual person, go me! b:sweat

I am internet warrior, FEAR MY PROWESS AND POWER OVER ALL PEOPLE WHO CANNOT CASH SHOP AND FACEROLL MOFOS. I go by the name of Jib, #1 virtual badass **** with absolutely no life b:laugh

On another serious note DON'T TAKE WHAT I SAY SO SERIOUSLY FOR THIS IS THE INTERNET
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In short, PK needs to be worth it, especially with the high cost attached. Right now it's basically bully mode where more money/time to play = more power, with skill having almost no factor whatsoever.

Add a level limiter, rebalance PK gear, rebalance the PK system to account for current PK gear, add an open PK reward system that rewards the effort, not just the kills (yes, I know PK players will RAGE at that statement) or just do SOMETHING to make it have a point other than being an e-peen contest. Then maybe I'd go open PK for more than just doing the veno instance.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I will go PK when I run out of everything else that interests me in this game. I've only been at this for 3 years so I haven't gotten around to feeling the urge, yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013

the (healthy) pk'er doesnt want to kill some virtual person, they want to have an (enjoyable) fight. just like when you play any other competitive game e.g. monopoly, cards, tennis w/e.

it is you that views his death as an insult and thus wants to avoid it / not inflict it on others (getting killed in a virtual environment iz serious businezz). and as a result you give value, even in your subconsious, to those persons that, according to you, have issues etc and feel achievement by pking. ironic eh?
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited August 2013
    the (healthy) pk'er doesnt want to kill some virtual person, they want to have an (enjoyable) fight. just like when you play any other competitive game e.g. monopoly, cards, tennis w/e.

it is you that views his death as an insult and thus wants to avoid it / not inflict it on others (getting killed in a virtual environment iz serious businezz). and as a result you give value, even in your subconsious, to those persons that, according to you, have issues etc and feel achievement by pking. ironic eh?

Each person thinks of PK differently I guess b:surrender
  • Eliteknight - Sanctuary
    Eliteknight - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    honestly i would pk a lot more often if it wasn't a 1 shot fest. I think i would like to see the npc that gives you NW buffs at the gate of west arch that just like in nw scaled with your characters level tho it worked at 30 instead of at level 60. i think that would make pk a bit more fair. even if i cost some sort of "item" or became a coin sink b:pleased
    Roes are RED, Carebears are blue, No one cares because GM'S still SCREWED YOU!!!!
  • fallenchris
    fallenchris Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Voted > No 10 hour limit. Its kinda lame. Maybe if they shortened it? b:question

My main is a PvE BM on Arch, and have no intention of going PvP with him anytime soon.
    Had several experiences with PvP when on LC server, and for the most part, it doesn't bother me. It can get a little tiresome, especially when questing around Silver Pool on my lowbie BM, cause I tend to get splatted by high levels. Not much of a problem, but tiresome nonetheless.

I generally don't have much of problem with PvP, only that im under-geared b:laugh