DQ Point Rewards

Options
SinfulLia - Archosaur
SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
Hey PWI players employees and forum lurkers.
I am putting forward the proposition of re-hauling the rewards we can get from Dragon quest points to things that are actually worth farming the DQ points for, things such as citrine gems for instance.

I am setting up a poll to see what people think so please vote. Comment your ideas for what you see as being good rewards and potential issues for this idea of re-hauling the dq system.

Before this post is flooded with QQ about bots, that is not our problem as a player base, it is PWE problem and they as a company HAVE to deal with it, not punish the rest of the player base.

So, thoughts?

I don't think anything higher than 11 gems is realistic, please don't troll and only vote what you really think is realistic/viable etc
Post edited by SinfulLia - Archosaur on

Comments

• Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    i think this is a good idea, but dont put lvl 10+ shards on DQ rewards points imho that will do some imbalance.

maybe lvl 10 shards and below would be nice, this will make players (like me) gets the excitement of "hunting" again just like when i started playing this game back in 2009, when i can only farm coins from DQs b:laugh

but yeah this is a good idea
  • Arthursoul - Archosaur
    Arthursoul - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    At this time DQ reward may not have what I want, but something I like, such as Perfect Stone, Random Pigment and Event Card. While Fashion isn't much of need for me.b:thanks

But putting gems in the DQ reward may be a good idea, if many can't afford them in game, but have to make sure it can't be trade, or it will cause some marketing problem.

For what I notice PWI Token Items, doesn't have much of a useful items at the moment, or you can say less to pick. If they can add Gems in the Token Shop that would make things decent. Even though it's not forever that we can't reset our Token Spent. So yeah, it would make wise thinking though

Having Gems idea in good, but not in the DQ for the moment, due to the last time they add Rep Badge and soon remove it b:surrender
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The DQ reward system definitely needs an update, but don't focus just on gems, that's likely to get this thread ignored as they just added an instance where you can get "free" lev 11 gems. Instead also add things like mystical pills, crushed tokens, OHT mats, etc... things that are useful but tend to require a lot of time/farming to get otherwise.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    DQ is so incredibly worth it for those who have a calculator it aint funny.

Its nice that 95% of the game dont seem to have a calculator so the situation of supply and demand dont change. Please dont touch DQ !!!
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • MochiBean - Archosaur
    MochiBean - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    No thank you. We already have enough bots as it is.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I remember moment, when they had removed Medals of Glory and Wraith Officer's Badge .

What you want to be removed yet ?
    Hey all,

Our developers have asked us to remove the Rank-attaining items from the DQ Shop.

This means that, in 24 hours, the Mysterious Chips and Wraith Officer's Badge will no longer be available for purchase with DQ points.

The devs' reasoning in this matter is that they are working on some new content involving gear, and they want to eliminate certain methods for obtaining Rank stuff, at least temporarily.

We'll see if we can get them back in at some point in the future, but for now I'm afraid they'll have to be removed. The good news is that the DQ shop will be updated again next month with at least one new item, and it's a good one.

These items (Mysterious Chips and Wraith Officer's Badges) will be removed at 5pm PDT on 9-16-11.

Those who were planning on buying them should purchase them now, before it is too late.

Thanks all, and I'm sorry about this inconvenience.
    1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    mmm... it's mostly ok as it is.

I'd like a few more fashion items added to the event-gold shop, I think; but nothing extreme.

Adding flawless (or heck, why not just add tokens of luck?) might be ok. Anything above that would be seriously inflationary I fear.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I vote for ocean orbs b:avoid
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Something that would be great is Crabs and Herbs. I farm DQ all the time, but sadly the farming of them really eats into my Crab and Herb supply. Using the DQ to replenish them would be nice. As long as the exchange rate made it worth while.

But to add to this, personally I'd rather see all the items on the DQ reward page just added to the event boutique. Half my DQ points go for demon/sage cards while the other half goes for other items (do-all cards for one). If I could spend all the points on demon/sage cards then use the gold to buy the items it would be so much easier.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Personally I find the DQ point system completely useless, I've never bought anything from it. I'd like it if they at least returned Mysterious Chips and Wraith Badges, other good items would be Dragon Orbs and Hyper Stones, but it's obvious that PWE cares more about their money than their players so I doubt they'll do that. They were the only things that made it possible for average players to obtain good armor and now I'll never get it. Oh well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You are better of buying your do-all cards from tokens or other players.

With the market value of DQ items on my server (6500 for 30 points, 7500 for 35 points) DQ points end up costing slightly over 100 coins per point. (substract the vendor price from above values)

So that means your Event gold costs 100k.
    Your do-all card costs 50k.

yes the downside is, im probably supporting botters when i buy DQ points.... Its hard to skip on such a cheap tienkangs/tishas though.....
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    not a good idea, bots rule DQ points.

make high lvl gems farmable could be good tho, but from an other way, like, idk, Faction Trials (lets be honest, no one do them anymore), where you could farm some kind of items that can be traded for gems, or, like, gems drop from last trials bosses, so faction could sell them to their members and split coins between players who did it.

but DQ? no, not gonna help the game
  • SinFishy - Heavens Tear
    SinFishy - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    if anything I think you should fix the coin the dq items give you back to normal instead of 1coin each
    SinFishy - 102 Sin LoveFinder - 91 Psy
    _TheLoverBoy - 100 Cleric Noble_Archer - 82 Archer
    Noble_Evil - 100 Bm SatansThird - 81 Wiz
    BeoBarb - 86 Barb Dark_Pets - 82 Veno
    falseVeno - 67 Mystic FishySeeker - 54 Seeker
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    There's no need for Lv11 gems and if there were, putting them in the DQ point system would have to be prohibitively expensive to be anywhere near balanced (and even then, as has been stated, it would be the bots which benefit most from them). Honestly, we just got an system where you can get a (free? or cheap, idk) Lv10 shard just for doing an instance three times over three weeks. What more do you need? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    There's no need for Lv11 gems and if there were, putting them in the DQ point system would have to be prohibitively expensive to be anywhere near balanced (and even then, as has been stated, it would be the bots which benefit most from them). Honestly, we just got an system where you can get a (free? or cheap, idk) Lv10 shard just for doing an instance three times over three weeks. What more do you need? XD

these gems arent that great because you cant combine them
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Get rid of the fash and pets. Add gems @ 200k dq points or DOT/DOD's at like 250k dq points. Make people work for them.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'd prefer to get gems from actually doing something (interesting) instead of buying DQ from bots: pick delta, nirvy, trials and add gem mats,
    Something that would be great is Crabs and Herbs. I farm DQ all the time, but sadly the farming of them really eats into my Crab and Herb supply. Using the DQ to replenish them would be nice. As long as the exchange rate made it worth while.

why don't you do divine quests? I have 2k hp pots and they keep pilling despite me spamming them xD
    these gems arent that great because you cant combine them

has someone actually tried it? considering that you need 5 in the same toon = 15 runs = 7 weeks I'd say no... so that leaves chinese intel XD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    NO!

we dont need gems in the DQ system.

It does however i think need a revamp and new items in their... How about doing sale items like the boutique.. A few extra things like the possibility to trade for a bit of extra coin. May be some exclusive Pots?

I gotta say the event gold is usefull if you save up enough and give a lot of range to items.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Dq points are good as they are, only thing I`d like to see there would be guardian scrolls for event gold, that`s it.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Get rid of the fash and pets. Add gems @ 200k dq points or DOT/DOD's at like 250k dq points. Make people work for them.

Work for them? You realize there's still quite some poeple with a huge load of DQ points left over from a certain chest event? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Work for them? You realize there's still quite some poeple with a huge load of DQ points left over from a certain chest event? lol

And? Then they use them. Mog's used to be on the DQ list, and when they came off people complained, including me. At the time I was using my DQ points to gather Mog's. I think it's about time new items get added to the list and the list gets updated. If they add new items, it benefits everyone, not just the ones with mass quantities of DQ items. The items are not on there now, and people are still OP'ing their gear. I don't see the big deal. It gives people that don't have alot of coin a way to get better gems by farming.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    No thank you. We already have enough bots as it is.

Read OP post about bots being the company's problem.
    kthx :3